Play YouTube video button

Ikea Employee Review

A great job for someone who doesn’t have a life.
Cashier (Former Employee) –  St. LouisJune 18, 2019
If you have absolutely no social, school, or family life and can afford to give up your entire day then this is the place for you. The benefits are A1 but the pay is little. The work was very easy but the scheduling sucked. At orientation, we were told that we were to receive one weekend off per month. I worked a total of 4 months and did not receive one weekend off! I brought it to the attention of a team leader and duty manager. Both told me that I was over exaggerating and that the computer system that creates the schedule is programmed to automatically give weekends off. There was a lot of favoritism shown, the team leaders were extremely rude, and everything was really disorganized.

Other Ikea Employee Reviews

Productive and fast paced environment with opportunity to learn
Safety & Security Agent (Former Employee) –  Bloomington, MNJuly 19, 2019
I learned a lot from my time here from risk management and security practices to remodeling and design. I was allowed to cross train in other departments to improve my knowledge and opportunity. I really liked the team I worked on and my boss and I became close friends. Some of the hardest parts of the job were the schedules, they weren't consistent, closing the night before and coming in to open the next morning was really tough. Overall, I felt the relationships I built and things I learned were valuable.
Pros
Reduced fee lunches, teamwork, healthcare
Cons
scheduling
One Manager is the worst
Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Grand Prairie, TXJuly 18, 2019
The IKEA at Grand Prairie has one of the worst managers possible. She never does a thing and does whatever she can to avoid getting out of her office chair to lend a hand when needed. I have attempted to move on in the company twice and both times, she made it seem like the issue was my interview, which she did not attend and insulting coworkers by saying they do not have the skills to be a part of a new department, as the coworker did not have a professional background in whatever they were going for. Many employees have left because of this manager and blatant disregard for her coworkers. Everywhere else is fine, however, shes the reason no one wants to work customer service.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Ikea. Our community is ready to answer.

52.4K
42.1K
31.1K

Diversity score

Comparably
Diversity Score
TOP25%
In the Top 25% of similar size companies

The Comparably Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at Ikea.

Powered by Comparably