IKEA Employee Reviews

41.7K
Found 1,868 reviews matching the search See all 4,867 reviews
fast paced and diverse
FRONTLINE TEAM LEAD (Current Employee) –  Covina, CAJune 12, 2018
IKEA is a very diverse and fast growing company that is great to start off at because the benefits are great. they are very team oriented and are focused on making sure their employees are knowledgeable about product and customer service.
Good Job Opportunity for ENTRY LEVEL
Customer Service Employee (Former Employee) –  Burbank, CAJune 11, 2018
At first, working for IKEA felt like a great opportunity, but climbing the corporate ladder is nearly impossible. There are workers who have entry-level jobs there even after working for 10+ years. For those looking for a temporary job, I highly recommend working here. For those looking for a career, just remember there is a hierarchy even amongst entry level workers.
Great Job
Product Quality Assurance Worker (Current Employee) –  Denver, COJune 11, 2018
Not physically hard. Have to get used to standing all day. Great food for cheap. Bosses take care of you. Clean bathrooms. Great deals for co-workers.
Pros
Food, Co-workers
Cons
standing all day
Productive and fun place to work.
Customer Resolution Specialist (Current Employee) –  Nottingham, MDJune 11, 2018
IKEA provides opportunities to grow within the company. The work culture reflects the values IKEA st and for. The only con I can think of is if you take things personal you may find it difficult to take phone calls.
Not a bad place, just a bad set up.
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Round Rock, TXJune 10, 2018
For the most part I went in knowing that there would be people. A lot of people. I did not know that I would be left pretty much by myself for the most part to deal with said people a week in. My manager wasn't ever on duty when I was working and I had to go through other managers to try and do anything. I never did get the form they said I would to do direct deposit. Over all my co-workers were amazing though they were very much set in their ways and had groups they stuck to making interaction hard.
Productive, fun, friendly co-workers
Cashier (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAJune 8, 2018
IKEA was a learning experience. Since working there my customer service skills have bettered and I was happy with the company and all they offered. IKEA accepts anyone for who they are and never mistreats you.
Pros
Insurance, discounts
Cons
N/a
not able to to get permant.
Reach truck operator. (Former Employee) –  Baytown, TXJune 8, 2018
They had a nice break room for employees however only had night shifts available and temp. to hire program through third party did not like the fact that I was only temp. employee.
Pros
nice break room
Cons
night shifts
Productive work environment
Warehouse Associate (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCJune 4, 2018
A relaxed laidback easy environment .they are not hard on you at all and everyone was nice and collaborate together in order to finish whatever assignment needs to be done
Productive and fast paced
Server/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Emeryville, CA 94608June 4, 2018
worked at least five days a weeks for at least 6-8 hours. Served food to customers at a fast pace and also worked as a cashier and took orders from customers. Learned how to handle money and restocked any supplies that needed to be restocked.
fun place, always very productive to work at
Customer Service Co-Worker (Current Employee) –  Schaumburg, ILJune 3, 2018
I am a cashier and my day usually depends what department in customer service I am scheduled at, for example if I have to be in returns I am helping do returns, exchanges, and setting up deliveries along with working furniture hand out if my fellow coworkers need the hand. I have learned many things and one is always able to do so just as long as one is open to do so
Pros
great benefits, very friendly coworkers, equal opportunities
Cons
management, under staffed, call center takes forever to get through them
Fabulous place to work for and great environment
Payroll Specialist (Former Employee) –  Fontana, CAJune 3, 2018
Great work place,very friendly and great co-workers. IKEA was the best place I have ever worked for. Great 15 years with the great benefits and values
Pros
Hughes discounts and benifets
Great place to work in Retail
Human Resources Manager (Current Employee) –  Ringgold, VAJune 3, 2018
The IKEA Retail group gives flexibility and autonomy to do your best while serving the customer. There are benefits to manage complex personal life demands, as well as perks to help you feel refreshed and develop creativity.
Pros
Subsidized lunches and generous paid time off
Employee lounge is very modern and accomidating
Cashier/Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Canton, MIJune 2, 2018
Working at Ikea was like any other retail job with the exception of the number of customers. Being the only Ikea in Michigan, the store is slammed during weekends, holidays, and sale specials. Management is accommodating especially with requesting days off. Hours vary depending on your availability. I wouldn't recommend working here if you have a short fuse, because the store is so big and unique some customers become irritated quickly trying to locate specific items.
Pros
Awesome employee accomidations
Cons
Short breaks, super busy
Extremely cultured oriented, great company functions.
Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Carson, CAJune 1, 2018
This company provided me with my first major opportunity with management.

This was an amazing company to experience what retail can and should be when giving opportunity to manage.
Pros
Great culture
Cons
Overworked
Low pay for high amount of work
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Round Rock, TXJune 1, 2018
While retail may not seem like a lot of work, the new organization policy they put in place last year made the amount you get paid not equal to amount of work expected. On top of that, there is drama with workers.
Great Benefits/Pay
Workforce Planning Business Partner (Current Employee) –  Sunrise, FLJune 1, 2018
IKEA gives you the opportunity to grow and develop as long as you take control of it. I have had over 15 different positions in in my 17 years with the company.

Open communication, and being true to your values will keep IKEA heading in the right direction moving into the future.
Pros
Medical/Dental is Great, 4 months Parental leave, Great starting pay for all positions compared to the market.
Lots of changes
Workforce Planning Business Partner (Current Employee) –  Stoughton, MAMay 31, 2018
IKEA has gone through a complete re-organization. While the concept makes a lot of sense, in reality, it has caused frustration, disorganization and many good people to leave the company.

New roles have very little training.
Great Benefits, but poor leadership.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Bolingbrook, ILMay 30, 2018
The health benefits were amazing here when I worked there. However, I know that premiums skyrocketed because of Obamacare. So, they are not as good any more.
I had 2 really great supervisors there. But, many of the supervisors were unprofessional, lacking in any type of leadership training.
I saw a lot of my coworkers being treated very poorly on a consistent basis.
The environment in my customer service department was very cut-throat, very political, unlike any other place I've ever been. It was shocking.
On paper, the values of the company are decent. The pay was okay. Just some of the supervisors and managers there had just really low moral character in general and lacked in true leadership. It made for some stress for myself and even worse for some of my coworkers.
Pros
Benefits, The company's culture
Cons
Leadership and maturity of supervisors and Customer Service Manager
New Orginaztion
Textiles Co-Worker (Current Employee) –  Burbank, CAMay 28, 2018
Day to Day at IKEA is rough these days, there's a lot less staff and a lot less sales. Overall the company pays well and offers decent benefits. The store morale is just at an all time low.
Customer Service Leader (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYMay 28, 2018
Overall the company is a great place to work but after yrs of being there most co-workers feel stuck. Despite Ikea's efforts for growth and development the managers hire based on relationships. This place can easily be a career but be prepared to be stagnant for some time. Still better then all my previous employers.
Pros
discounts, pto, 401k, health benefits, dental, life insurance, pet insurance
Cons
Lack of Advancement