Play YouTube video button

Ikea Employee Reviews

Found 2,448 reviews matching the search See all 6,225 reviews
Featured review
Ikea selected this as a representative review
Very high energy workplace and very family oriented
Lead Sales Associate, - Showrooms Department (Former Employee) –  Renton, WAJune 16, 2013
IKEA is the best company I have ever had the pleasure of working for, We we're a very high traffic store with up to 50,000 customers visiting us a week. My coworkers were close like family and still are today. The Management is amazing and works right along side of their employees. I'd say like anywhere the hard part of the job is dealing with unhappy customers. And the most enjoyable was the family like atmosphere and being busy day to day.
Pros
401k and great health care
Cons
there isnt one in Las Vegas
productive and fun workplace
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Stoughton, MAJune 9, 2019
A typical work day at Ikea would be a busy long line starting from the moment they open the store. We would have to restock the front of the store line.
The few bad apples ran the place.
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Ponce, PRJune 9, 2019
I was so excited going in, alot of friendly and helpful staff but.... Management knew who was bringing problems to the whole group and did nothing about it causing unnecessary stress and burn out. They never give raises, commission is horrible. Mediocre management, bosses and hr. It's pointless to go the extra mile here.
Pros
Discount
Cons
Poor management, low hours
Its a shell of its former self
Logistics Manager (Current Employee) –  PennsylvaniaJune 9, 2019
IKEA has a great set of values and business model. The problem comes when people who are in positions they shouldn't be manage based off of their ego rather than business needs. The coworkers are just numbers while I consistently witness other managers take care of their friends while disregarding talent or skills.
Fun and fast pace
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJune 8, 2019
IKEA is very diverse and Laid back .... I enjoyed the different customers.. I love the job skill it provided ..IKEA has taught me alot about different job Roles and it really gives you the drive to want more..
Productive workplace
Machine Operator (Current Employee) –  Danville, VAJune 7, 2019
Over all a good place to work I just feel the pay could be better. Good benefits and a friendly work environment. I’ve worked there for 8 years and I don’t think we as a company are compensated for our labor.
Fun to work here
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Bloomington, MNJune 6, 2019
I love going to work knowing that I will see something beautiful every day. I enjoy finding things for myself as well as the other people in my life. It also smells really great inside.
O4g
Cashier and Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Burbank, CAJune 6, 2019
I started working at Ikea right before they implemented O4G and I left months after O4G was in full effect and I absolutely hated it.

Because of the new work structure, more than half of the people I was hired on with quit. The new work structure no longer worked with a lot of peoples restricted schedules and conflicted with school and although our personal managers tried to work around the O4G scheduling, it because too much for some to handle.

I was working as a cashier when I was originally hired and by the time that I quit, a yea later, I was fully trained in front line, returns, home delivery, furniture pickup, and as a runner but was getting paid when the cashiers were getting paid which was $2-$3 less than those who were hired in the returns or home delivery department. When I asked for a raise, I was denied one but was still asked to work in the other departments doing just as much work as them for less pay.
Pluses and Minuses
Merchandising Basics Associate (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHJune 6, 2019
The great things about working at IKEA was providing health benefits immediately, providing accruing PTO, although they changed the rules on when one could use PTO, and a fast paced environment that you were always on your feet and moving around.

However, the schedule was hard to work with since it was forever changing. The pay rate changed when I started and the room for growth without moving or changing into a different job area was disappointing.
Pros
Pto, Health Benefits, Sick Leave, Breaks
Cons
Work Shedule, pay rate, expectations.
Great pay, horrible management & poor communication
Customer Resolution Specialist (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDJune 5, 2019
Loved the vision, but training is poor, office politics; including drug use within company & exclusion. Fired due to no FMLA after fiance had stroke. :(
Pros
free lunches, discounts
Cons
bad management, favoritism, lack of support
Customer Service CoWorker (Former Employee) –  Portland, ORJune 4, 2019
The pay helped a lot while I was going to college but they didn't respect my school schedule, so I had to leave. The management was great and I learned a lot when it comes to customer service. The hardest part was the customers and how fast-paced everything was. It would be VERY busy at times and a bit chaotic. The most enjoyable was the great lunch room and cheap lunch options... DELICIOUS food. I would have a full lunch for $3. I would recommend this job if people like customer services positions.
Pros
Lunches
Cons
Very busy
Great Place to Work
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Burbank, CAJune 3, 2019
A day as an inventory specialist bases on re-counts, investigations, filing, scanning and reporting the different areas of the store for any discrepancies and possible issues.

Great benefits, PTO, sick time and all other type of leaves that can be paid for.
Good job, however very physically taxing
Prep and Flow Warehouse Worker (Former Employee) –  Stoughton, MAJune 2, 2019
Ikea was a good work experience as I met a bunch of nice and interactive people. The work was simple and straight forward. Although sometimes monotonous and very physically demanding.
A nice place to work
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Carolina, PRJune 1, 2019
It was a nice place to work. I had amazing coworkers. The manager was an incredible human and very accessible. I had to leave because of my college schedule if not I would've continue.
Pros
Nice coworkes
Cons
They are not very flexible with the work schedule
Very good place to work
( logistic ) replenisher (Former Employee) –  Bloomington, MNMay 30, 2019
If I could go back to IKEA and they would hire me back I would definitely go back and work there I miss working there and I highly recommended beautiful people so many career advancements they take real good care of their employees
Pros
Very good benifits
Cons
Got to be fast
Great place to work (most of the time)
Risk and Compliance Coworker (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHMay 29, 2019
I love working for IKEA! I left for another higher paying opportunity but found myself missing the culture and benefits of IKEA. Their training could stand to be a little more instructive and comprehensive rather than just dropping you into the heat of things day 2.
Pros
Discount on purchases, discounted meals, great culture & values, amazing PTO
Cons
Short breaks, people unhappy with current updated hierarchy.
The one in Atlanta
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAMay 29, 2019
It could be soooo much better but customer service is trash. Dealing with the most mess but get paid the least. The managers don’t communicate with each other as well as with the new trainees and the people that’s been there for a while
Pros
Advancement, 3-4 dollar meals, great breakroom and coworkers
Cons
Managers, lack of communication, lack of care for employees
Not a fun place to work at mangers walks each rolls
General Warehouse Co worker (Former Employee) –  Lebec, CAMay 29, 2019
In the six months everyone there is nice to you the co work are willing to help you out but after a year there they put in a new Computer system The team leaders Wants you to know it in three days when you go to The break room have to walk there or drive your equipment up then you have 10 minutes not 15 minutes because they put a break room in the six building there is three flights of stairs to climb to the top to the break room ones a year they have the Union come in they say you won’t get fired if you sign up they Follow you to the restroom make sure that you note in there for 30 to 40 minutes but if you asked the follow you to the restroom make sure that you’re not in there for 30 to 40 minutes but if you ask the HR we have no time for restrooms it’s going on your downtime then they will bring it up at the end of the day or morning. They don’t have bonuses no more they give you gift card then you look on your paycheck you pay for it not free The Christmas party and other party’s you pay for in your checks
Pros
Supervisor follows out to lunch
Cons
Have no cons
management give us ping pong table to play on break time
Order Picker (Former Employee) –  American Canyon, CAMay 28, 2019
it's very cold on winter but they will provide overall. They give you good training in all machine or equipment you will need for your job and big warehouse
Pros
free coffee
Cons
no holiday pay if you are not scheduled to work
Not bad but could be better
Returns Clerk (Former Employee) –  Burbank, CAMay 28, 2019
Customers are a drag, management doesnt always back up their policies which makes the customer service employee look like a jerk.
Company is great with diversity and cultural awareness but doesnt pay employee well. New Employees get paid more than employee who have been there longer and know more departments.
Good for Part Time
Store Associate/ Warehouse Worker (Former Employee) –  Stoughton, MAMay 28, 2019
Unless you want a supplemental income, don't expect to live off IKEA. The reason why the furniture is so cheap is because they don't hire people for full time unless you're management.
Pros
Employee discount
Cons
Lack of hours and not much room for advancement

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Ikea. Our community is ready to answer.

52.4K
42.1K
31.1K

Women's ratings

3.5Fairygodboss Score

100%say women are treated fairly and equally to men

73%would recommend to other women

Fairygodboss provides free job reviews for women, by women.

Powered by Fairygodboss