Illinois Valley Community Hospital Employee Reviews

ICU a terrible place to work, med/surg floors a wonderful place to work
Staff RN (Former Employee) –  Peru, ILApril 1, 2018
The staff in ICU are clannish, lazy and unprofessional, however a move to the med/surg floors was an entirely different world. Iwould be extremely wary of taking a positionin ICU, but highly recommend the other 2 floors. It is a quick paced work environment (what nursing position is not?), but the support is great, and everyone helps everyone else.
Health care that works well for the community
RN Staff Nurse (Former Employee) –  Peru, ILFebruary 20, 2018
A smaller hospital with increased collaboration and feeling of community with the employees. Good experiences with providing good patient care. An in between for access to a higher level of care.
Pros
able to feel like you provide good care at the end of your shift
Cons
less access to immediate/ =additional health services of a larger hospital
Great remote position, great team!
Medical Transcriptionist (Former Employee) –  Peru, ILFebruary 4, 2018
Very relaxed but productive. great team of transcriptionists. Some lack of communications but nothing terrible. Would highly recommend this hospital to anyone looking for a medical position.
Pros
Remote job. Great team.
Cons
Some lack of communication.
fulfilling
Phlebotomist (Former Employee) –  IllinoisDecember 17, 2017
I learned a lot working in the lab at IVCH. It was usually busy. Drawing labs for the emergency and obstetrics departments was the most exciting in my opinion. The hardest part was being understaffed and the most enjoyable part was learning new things and working alongside doctors and other departments in the hospital.
Pros
job fulfillment
Cons
management or lack there of
enjoyable job
Surgical Nurse (Current Employee) –  Peru, ILDecember 9, 2017
Nice work environment, pt to nurse ratio decent, pay is low, benefits decent, sign on bonus, discounts, incentives good example daisy award or wows, good managment
CERTIFIED NURSING ASSISTANT & UNIT SECRETARY (Former Employee) –  IllinoisAugust 1, 2017
This is an excellent company to work for. The staff is wonderful and the benefits are fair. I'd definitely recommend trying to get yourself into this company.
Pros
Cons
Short staffed on occasions.
It is a great place to work.
Medical Coder (Current Employee) –  Peru, ILFebruary 18, 2016
This is a great place to work. I have been employed here for many years. They provide me with benefits and a retirement. I'm looking for something to supplement my current income.
Pros
food is good.
Cons
there are no cons.
wonderful
Phlebotomist (Former Employee) –  Peru, ILDecember 22, 2015
great place to work recommend to anyone to get in medical field, Drs., staff, in every dept very professional on a daily basis,
Learning experience for future as a nurse
Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  ILOctober 31, 2015
Fast past working environment
Got to meet different people from different backgrounds that had different needs. I learned many different things and was able to observe nursing staff do various tasks that would prepare me for nursing school. I obtained vitals on patients, set them up for meals, assisted with toileting and any requests and/or concerns they may have.
Family Nurse Practitioner
Family Nurse Practitioner (Current Employee) –  ILSeptember 8, 2015
Great work place with supportive staff. My work place is close to home. I love working in Family practice. I learn something new everyday.
Pros
Close to home
Cons
na
This job was a fun place to work.
Phlebotomist (Former Employee) –  Peru, ILNovember 9, 2014
I learned allot about people I work with and for. I got to know more about test and how its ran.
Pros
I like when they had the vendors come in to sell things. like when we got rewarded for our wows
Productive and fun workplace
Physical Therapist (Current Employee) –  Peru, ILJanuary 4, 2014
A typical day at work can range anywhere from 10-16 patients. Currently in transmission to electronic medical records.
Pros
Co workers
Very personalable staff and caring environment
Certified Respiratory Therapist (Current Employee) –  Peru, ILSeptember 4, 2013
Co workers are great we truely have a great team here.Managment listens to all concerns and developes a plan to help in best way possible. Most enjoyable parts of my job is the relationships you not only build with staff but also the patients and community involved.
It was a great place to work.
Surgical Certified Nurse Aide (Former Employee) –  Peru, ILSeptember 3, 2013
I worked in different departments, so it would depend on what department i was working for that day. I worked in the OR and that was very exciting. Helping people get ready for their surgeries. Being there to help transfer patients. I loved my job, the people there were really good to work with. Hardest part of my job was trying to calm patients down before surgery and thats where my soft skill training really helped me.
Pros
working days and being home for my kids
Cons
When other co-workers would hve bad days and take them out on me
Good place to work, everyone is always helpful.
Medical Laboratory Phlebotomist (Former Employee) –  Peru, ILMay 23, 2013
A typical day at IVCH can vary. I have learned alot over the years at IVCH being a phlebotomist. All of my coworkers are good people and are like family to me. I know that I can go to them and ask anything of them. The hardest part of my job is drawing the very sick. They are already in much pain and having to stick them over and over again, breaks my heart. But I know in my heart I am helping them in some way. I have always enjoyed caring for people and I will continue to help people the best I can.
Pros
Its close to home and the people I work with are wonderful.
Cons
management keeps cutting employees, patient care is not being upheld, more mistakes get made this way I feel, its a small hospital with little movement up the ladder.
I loved working with the patient population, but work environment was not the greatest.
Registered Nurse/Emergency Department (Former Employee) –  Peru, ILMay 8, 2012
My typical day at work consisted of triaging patients and providing physician prescribed orders. I learned a lot about patient-care and dealing with stressful situations. The management was lacking training experience. I was to be provided orientation, but was not given a proper orientation period. Several attempts to speak to management about the lack of training was met with reassurance things would change, but they did not. There were other situations of unethical and unprofessional conduct of ER physicians asking me to do or not do certain things concerning patients that would be considered wrong. These situations were also discussed with management and pushed aside. A few weeks prior to the end of my 90 day probational period, I missed two elective days of training due to a child's illness and then I missed a few more days due to myself having pneumonia. It was at this time I was asked to resign my position. The part I enjoyed most about my job was interacting with patients and providing care to them when they needed it most.