Illinois Valley Community Hospital Employee Reviews

Horrible Scheduling/ Horrible management, Horrible Team work, No Help, No breaks, unorganized, No cautious with Contact Percation, Just Horrible!!
Patient Care Technician (Former Employee) –  2nd/3rd MeD Surgical floorOctober 18, 2018
I just started working at the Hospital, My first day at work someone called off I had to work alone with 15 patients, I did not get no break and lack of Help. Nurses are busy all time. Unit Clark complains about helping. So I work again and I get Low Cencis all the time. I go in and be stressed out and no break there no balance. The management is Horriable. I worked one night, all by my self. A Nurse comes yelling in my room and starts saying I need to set her up and move on she come from home she can set her up, while I’m standing there assisting her with Night Care and helping her change her Gown and Bed because she spilled ice cream. She yelling st me in front of a patient because she was behind and she can’t keep answering call lights. So I took my time. She was so busy I come out and she’s on the cpu sitting drinking her coffee trying to give me advice on how I should be doing this and I said that’s why they need Two AIDS. I walked away I almost in tears. The one night I came in only 8 patients not bad but it got up to 14 , 7 of them need sugars and I need Q2 turns and Q4 turns and I/O. I walk out of a room and the same nurse from the other night tells me the other nurse needs me to help her, while she sits there on the cpu Coffee next to her. I said I have sugar and a lot other stuff to do can you help her? She wants to make a comment no I’m waiting for admit to come up and I said okay, well I have to get Q2/Q4 She said patients come first and I said exactly so why when the nurse ask for help your still sitting there in the computer not helping your coworker. I had the  more... unit clerk said there saying I’m slow. I made a comment like well now I see why your hospital has a high Turn over rate. She made comment about someone working there for 17 years and I said that Board is a lie it says I work there for more then I have..Sorry I don’t rush in patients room. I take the TIME to help them and comfort them as possible. I’m over getting treated like nothing, I get treated Horriable from the bosses I don’t like management. Some nurses are amazing and help a lot but some won’t or yell at you. I wouldn’t recommend working there, Short Staff, Under paid, CNA have Horriable attuides. No breaks at time, Bad communication, Horriable Team work. They think it’s okay to leave CNA with 10 or More patients alone. They are Horrible with Patient Contact Preceders, they don’t gown up. They don’t bag anything and walk out in the hallway with it. They don’t have caution bin. A lot CNA don’t gown up or use precautions when entry in room. Walk out in hallways with gloves on. I’m over working there. I will run from this place. I have never worked somewhere that was so disrespectful and unorganized about scheduling and disrespectful. CNA Have attuides like they hate there Jobs, it reflects on the patients. Management don’t listen if you approach a problem. They think your the problem. There material is stained and gowns don’t fit right. Bugs in rooms. They just say they will fix it and don’t. I’m over feeling unappreciated. I would stay away from this Job. Maybe a big change will wipe over it. I hope this is no one else’s experience and maybe it will get better  less
Pros
Insurance
Cons
No break, No Team, Rude Nurses, unorganized, scheduling is Horriable, Mangment have Horriable attuides, always understaffed. Communication Horrible.
not a good experience
RN Perioperative Assistant (Former Employee) –  IllinoisOctober 12, 2018
favoritism, childish managers, not professional at all, very unhappy at this hospital, many good people are no longer working there because of the drama
Not there long enough
Nurse (Former Employee) –  Peru, ILOctober 9, 2018
I was not at the location long enough to give an informed review. I was treated respectfully and kindly. The employees and management were pleasant to work with.
Welcoming, and professional enviroment
Surgery Scheduler/Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Peru, ILApril 26, 2018
Ivch is overall a good place to work. I have enjoyed almost every position I have held here. The management is one thing that has kept me here, being that there are higher paying healthcare facilities within range of IVCH. Good management is not something that is easy to let go.
Pros
management, co workers, patients
Cons
lower paying then other facilities
ICU a terrible place to work, med/surg floors a wonderful place to work
Staff RN (Former Employee) –  Peru, ILApril 1, 2018
The staff in ICU are clannish, lazy and unprofessional, however a move to the med/surg floors was an entirely different world. Iwould be extremely wary of taking a positionin ICU, but highly recommend the other 2 floors. It is a quick paced work environment (what nursing position is not?), but the support is great, and everyone helps everyone else.
Health care that works well for the community
RN Staff Nurse (Former Employee) –  Peru, ILFebruary 20, 2018
A smaller hospital with increased collaboration and feeling of community with the employees. Good experiences with providing good patient care. An in between for access to a higher level of care.
Pros
able to feel like you provide good care at the end of your shift
Cons
less access to immediate/ =additional health services of a larger hospital
Great remote position, great team!
Medical Transcriptionist (Former Employee) –  Peru, ILFebruary 4, 2018
Very relaxed but productive. great team of transcriptionists. Some lack of communications but nothing terrible. Would highly recommend this hospital to anyone looking for a medical position.
Pros
Remote job. Great team.
Cons
Some lack of communication.
fulfilling
Phlebotomist (Former Employee) –  IllinoisDecember 17, 2017
I learned a lot working in the lab at IVCH. It was usually busy. Drawing labs for the emergency and obstetrics departments was the most exciting in my opinion. The hardest part was being understaffed and the most enjoyable part was learning new things and working alongside doctors and other departments in the hospital.
Pros
job fulfillment
Cons
management or lack there of
enjoyable job
Surgical Nurse (Current Employee) –  Peru, ILDecember 9, 2017
Nice work environment, pt to nurse ratio decent, pay is low, benefits decent, sign on bonus, discounts, incentives good example daisy award or wows, good managment
CERTIFIED NURSING ASSISTANT & UNIT SECRETARY (Former Employee) –  IllinoisAugust 1, 2017
This is an excellent company to work for. The staff is wonderful and the benefits are fair. I'd definitely recommend trying to get yourself into this company.
Pros
Cons
Short staffed on occasions.
It is a great place to work.
Medical Coder (Current Employee) –  Peru, ILFebruary 18, 2016
This is a great place to work. I have been employed here for many years. They provide me with benefits and a retirement. I'm looking for something to supplement my current income.
Pros
food is good.
Cons
there are no cons.
wonderful
Phlebotomist (Former Employee) –  Peru, ILDecember 22, 2015
great place to work recommend to anyone to get in medical field, Drs., staff, in every dept very professional on a daily basis,
Learning experience for future as a nurse
Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  ILOctober 31, 2015
Fast past working environment
Got to meet different people from different backgrounds that had different needs. I learned many different things and was able to observe nursing staff do various tasks that would prepare me for nursing school. I obtained vitals on patients, set them up for meals, assisted with toileting and any requests and/or concerns they may have.
Family Nurse Practitioner
Family Nurse Practitioner (Current Employee) –  ILSeptember 8, 2015
Great work place with supportive staff. My work place is close to home. I love working in Family practice. I learn something new everyday.
Pros
Close to home
Cons
na
This job was a fun place to work.
Phlebotomist (Former Employee) –  Peru, ILNovember 9, 2014
I learned allot about people I work with and for. I got to know more about test and how its ran.
Pros
I like when they had the vendors come in to sell things. like when we got rewarded for our wows
Productive and fun workplace
Physical Therapist (Current Employee) –  Peru, ILJanuary 4, 2014
A typical day at work can range anywhere from 10-16 patients. Currently in transmission to electronic medical records.
Pros
Co workers
Very personalable staff and caring environment
Certified Respiratory Therapist (Current Employee) –  Peru, ILSeptember 4, 2013
Co workers are great we truely have a great team here.Managment listens to all concerns and developes a plan to help in best way possible. Most enjoyable parts of my job is the relationships you not only build with staff but also the patients and community involved.
It was a great place to work.
Surgical Certified Nurse Aide (Former Employee) –  Peru, ILSeptember 3, 2013
I worked in different departments, so it would depend on what department i was working for that day. I worked in the OR and that was very exciting. Helping people get ready for their surgeries. Being there to help transfer patients. I loved my job, the people there were really good to work with. Hardest part of my job was trying to calm patients down before surgery and thats where my soft skill training really helped me.
Pros
working days and being home for my kids
Cons
When other co-workers would hve bad days and take them out on me
Good place to work, everyone is always helpful.
Medical Laboratory Phlebotomist (Former Employee) –  Peru, ILMay 23, 2013
A typical day at IVCH can vary. I have learned alot over the years at IVCH being a phlebotomist. All of my coworkers are good people and are like family to me. I know that I can go to them and ask anything of them. The hardest part of my job is drawing the very sick. They are already in much pain and having to stick them over and over again, breaks my heart. But I know in my heart I am helping them in some way. I have always enjoyed caring for people and I will continue to help people the best I can.
Pros
Its close to home and the people I work with are wonderful.
Cons
management keeps cutting employees, patient care is not being upheld, more mistakes get made this way I feel, its a small hospital with little movement up the ladder.
I loved working with the patient population, but work environment was not the greatest.
Registered Nurse/Emergency Department (Former Employee) –  Peru, ILMay 8, 2012
My typical day at work consisted of triaging patients and providing physician prescribed orders. I learned a lot about patient-care and dealing with stressful situations. The management was lacking training experience. I was to be provided orientation, but was not given a proper orientation period. Several attempts to speak to management about the lack of training was met with reassurance things would change, but they did not. There were other situations of unethical and unprofessional conduct of ER physicians asking me to do or not do certain things concerning patients that would be considered wrong. These situations were also discussed with management and pushed aside. A few weeks prior to the end of my 90 day probational period, I missed two elective days of training due to a child's illness and then I missed a few more days due to myself having pneumonia. It was at this time I was asked to resign my position. The part I enjoyed most about my job was interacting with patients and providing care to them when they needed it most.