ILLUMINATION FOUNDATION

ILLUMINATION FOUNDATION Employee Reviews

United States35 reviews
Place for an opportunity to learn different aspects of the job.
Place for an opportunity to learn different aspects of the job. Depending on what you get hired for, there is always someone who needs help and as long as your willing to learn, you'll continue to be strengthened.
Worse job of my life!!!
Management is unprofessional and doesn’t know what they are doing! They don’t respect their staff and make you do their job! Stay away from here! Don’t be eager if they hire you immediately, cause they really suck!!
Didn't realize how much I could love work
Unlike a lot of other community-oriented organizations, Illumination Foundation TRULY works for the community. You can visit any department and see the efforts that are being paid off by serving the most vulnerable. Each day is different, and I have to fill many different roles, and I'm constantly asked to be at the top of my game and at the highest level --- but I know that my managers are challenging me because they see potential, and they see the work that needs to be done!
Priorities and visions change constantly, and it is frustrating on occasion, but what job isn't.

I'm so happy that I get to work with these incredible heroes on the front lines of serving the community
Nurses beware
If you are a nurse, just stay away. They don't care about your license, and they treat you poorly and act like you are dramatic if you aren't willing to break the law. They will persecute you until you quit, or they find a way to fire you. HR doesn't help, and there have been promotions to hush up lawsuit threats. Retaliation is the name of the game, and they cover their tracks well.
No longer employed at this company, however super friendly co workers, for the most part very passive attitudes at this non profit organization. Really miss it there.
Fun working environment
Diversity, innovation, team work, support. Employee happiness. Family time provided and self care was implemented and encouraged. Enjoyed my time working with the organization.
Caring staff
Rewarding to work with the clients. Great floor staff members who care for those they serve. Challenging situations along with high turn over of staff.
Was a Great job
I love this job i learned so much other co workers where great and it was one awesome job helping other off the street.puting family back into a safe place to live and feel safe and have food and clothing plus get help with finding jobs and classes and daycare for kids.
Management needs improvement.
The company's purpose to help rebuilt lives of homeless people is awesome! But there is a lot of backstabbing amongst employees, gossip, and poor management.
Pros
Great benefits
Cons
Stressful environment
Dysfunctional non-profit
After about a month and a half of working at Illumination foundation they decided to lay me off because they decided that my job titled was no longer need. It was a consistent back and fourth and the HR department was no help because they didn't have an appropriate HR manger or department. It was very one sided in the their corporate office. I felt they was hostility working there especially with the executive assistant. I felt I wasn't able to full fill my job status because of this.
Ideal mission and great job at first, but favoritism ruins it.
You are treated very well at the beginning. You work so hard, but the clients are worth it. The management supports you at first, but at any moment the favoritism starts showing, and if you are not the favorite, you are out and treated as if you are the scum of the earth. I saw it happen to several people. No warnings or writeups. Just out.
Pros
Get to use the company car, independence, and great work envitonment
Cons
Favoritism and once people are housed, they dont care about the clients anymore
Good
I worked in Illumination Foundation starting part time and after they do full-time. I learnt excel, python, tableau. I like to environment of this company.
where do i start?
good cause for the foundation in helping homeless families, but not enough trained staff. they need a lot of work or they are going to burn. ..........
Pros
co-workers
Cons
everything else, especially upper management, no support, low pay
Goog Company
Company was well organized compared to others within the field of work. Management could be disorganized at times, choosing seniority within the company over actual work experience. Pay scale was higher than competitors and staff was very well qualified to be performing tasks assigned.
Pros
Good Benfits, pay scalel
Cons
Long Hours, expected to perform work beyond scope of assigment.
Workplace
Management promoted very inefficient worker to higher positions. Supervisor's didn't train properly. CEO is very rude and does throw his position around. Too much work not enough help or guidance.
Cons
Productive in helping the community to end homelessness to the best of their abilties.
A day consists of helping the clients with whatever they need, including cooking meals and cleaning. We also do our best to get clients into permanent housing.
Pros
The ability to truly help the homeless and the community as a whole
The worst
Ok nonprofit work for entry level folks, but definitely not for the long term. Certified and educated, stay away. I would not recommend this job to anyone.
Pros
Client stories
Cons
Horrible leadership, HR issues never addressed but always happening, prone to personal property and mental damage from clients
Productive and fun work place
At Illumination Foundation- Children's Resource Center, you get to work with children ages 4-13 years old. You are a role model to the children and help with the after school program. A normal day would be: Help Pre-K in the moring, then admin. work, Lunch, After school program where you help tutor then create fun activities / STEM for the children.
Pros
Great co workers, Rewarding experience
Absolutely Love this Job
This is one of the best jobs I've ever had. If it wasn't for the high cost of living I would stay forever. The directors allow you to be creative and allow you to have your own mind.
Pros
Creativity is allowed
Cons
Watching the clients fail sometimes
great culture at illumination foundation
Everyone that works there is supportive and nice. The job itself is difficult due to the population you are working with but everything else is great. The CEO/Founder has a passion for helping others and this trickles down to the employees
Pros
Great staff, flexibility in hours, awesome supervisor, ability to be creative
Cons
expensive benefits, pays a little lower that some non-profits
Productive and fun work environment
It's great working for a cause. Helping the homeless to be housed has such a rewarding feeling to it. Management is excellent! We are involved in Recouperative care which is helping out a ton of injured or sick people in the Orange County and LA ares.