IM Flash Employee Reviews

Great place to work, plenty opportunities to advance,
Senior Equipment Technician (Former Employee) –  Lehi, UTAugust 18, 2018
I enjoyed working at I.M. Flash and received great reviews and pay increases during my tenure. Have no understanding and was given no reason for my termination. I had great monthly 1 on 1 reviews with my supervisor and felt well respected, until my surprise termination.
Pros
Excellent work/life balance
Cons
They can let you go for no reason.
IM Flash is a good place to work
Shipping/Receiving Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Lehi, UTAugust 8, 2018
I never got into the tech industry before working here. I learned so much about what goes into the making of memory chips. I was also able to be a part of how a fabrication facility is made and how the fabrication equipment works. All in all it is a fascinating place to work.
Pros
Science based and interesting working environment
Cons
Tech changes all the time. Not as much longevity as people would like.
Good workplace with benefits
Engineer (Current Employee) –  Lehi, UTAugust 5, 2018
IM Flash is a semiconductor manufacturing facility for both its parents, Intel and Micron. Production and quality are important, so a typical day would have you ensure that your equipment and processes are always performing at their optimum. Thus, work can get stressful. But the company provides good benefits.
Great place to work with a lot of opportunity for advancement
Manufacturing Engineering Section Manager (Current Employee) –  Lehi, UTAugust 1, 2018
I love working at IM Flash and feel it has been a perfect place for me to learn and grow as an engineer. I have the tools I need to do my job and the latitude to implement my ideas into wins for the organization.

I also have had opportunity to take multiple different positions in the organization to help develop my own skillsets.
Great work environment
AMHS Shift Electronic Lead Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Lehi, UTJuly 29, 2018
Great in house gym , stay physical and Healthy. This allows less accidents or injuries in a dangerous environment. Safety is number with me. Training and understanding of job task is a must in the semi conductor world. Imflash covers all that and takes pride in this type of environment.
Pros
Good excercise plans before starting work.
would not work here
Principal Technician (Former Employee) –  Lehi, UTJuly 18, 2018
I would never recommend this company to anyone. They preach their core values but when it comes to living their core values, it is another thing. They choose favorite people and those employees can get away with anything. I had a co worker who threaten the women that sat across from me to beat them. He is still currently working there, and no discrepancy actions were taken. He did it on multiple occasions. It was reported to the HR department and to management. Nothing was done. When I was hired the culture was great, but the company culture has really suffered negatively and is not the same to work for. If you like being intimidated and taken advantage of, this is the place to work for. You work long hours, extremely high stress environment, poor management, to advance your career you must brown nose, and very limited advancement opportunities.
Pros
nothing
Official response from IM Flash
July 24, 2018

You've expressed some alarming concerns about your work experience here. Because Indeed reviews are anonymous, we can only respond by re-affirming that we do take any threats of workplace violence seriously – in fact, we have a whole committee dedicated to workplace violence and its prevention. That committee works closely with HR. Their investigations (and any subsequent discipline) are kept as confidentially as possible, which may lead to assumptions that nothing was done. We’re sorry to hear that your experience at IM Flash was not what you hoped.

Fab Technician
FAB Technician (Former Employee) –  Lehi, UTJuly 16, 2018
Managers at IMFLASH like to still fear to their technicians and answer questions in vague, noncommittal ways. They refrain from showing compassion and creating a persona that appears unapproachable. They also thrive on being unpredictable; and that has a huge negative effect because when employees are uncertain, they are fearful. Very hard to advance in pay grade.
Pros
Great benefits.
Cons
Management and engineer don't care about technicians.
Challenging new portion of Electronic manufacturing.
Contracted Senior Technician (Former Employee) –  Lehi UtahJuly 9, 2018
Briefing of previous shift's progress and progress.
I learned to run a media blaster.
The management provided a good trainer. They keep close tabs on you as you worked in the clean room.
Culture wasn't positive with occasionally 3 "buddies" looking over my shoulder. As my trainer left, on leave/vacation, my work time on part numbers declined and they didn't put the two together.
Pros
Learning new skills
Cons
long learning curve for me with others that didn't have the same skill sets.
Loved working here. Would love to got back to working for IM Flash
Equipment Technician (Former Employee) –  Lehi, UTMay 18, 2018
Loved working here. Would love to got back to working for IM Flash.
Very fast paced and always changing. Many benefits and opportunities of advancement. Will pay for schooling.
Not much to say
Operations Modeling Engineer (Former Employee) –  Lehi, UTApril 17, 2018
There's really not much to add here. Job was good, work was interesting but there was no advancement and they went crazy with middle managers. So here's a few more words to fulfill the minimum requirement.
Fast paced competitive complex work
Plasma Etch Senior Equipment Technician (Current Employee) –  Lehi, UTMarch 28, 2018
Lots of teamwork. Work on equipment all day fix them as fast as you can. Factory workplace. Learned great time management skills. I loved figuring out the tools and fixing them its very satisfying. The culture is very diverse I work with people from all over the world
Good benefits, high stress
Process Technician (Former Employee) –  Lehi, UTMarch 5, 2018
High stress level and teams are often short staffed. Procedures and training need to be improved. Long 12 hour shifts with rotating from night to days.Great benefits.
Benefits
Cons
High Stress
Great place to work but stressfull
Analytical Chemist (Current Employee) –  Lehi, UTFebruary 28, 2018
long hours and day/night shift rotation are hard to balance work/life
managers need to listen to their employees more and understand their need and be fair to the team
Pros
great paid, good PTO
Cons
shift rotation, bad management
Cost cutting and More with less attitude
CMP Maintenance Technician III (Former Employee) –  Lehi, UTFebruary 27, 2018
Toxic leadership with a more with less attitude. The advancement system is tedious and filled with over demanding expectations. Exempt employees are expected to work 60+ hours weekly with no comp time. The shifts rotate every 4 months from days to nights and during the first 2 weeks of each rotation the teams are tired and prone to mistakes.
Pros
Cons
shift rotations, toxic leadership, cost cutting, overworked employees.
Good job
Maintenance Technician (Former Employee) –  Lehi, UTFebruary 22, 2018
good people good place to work excellent benefits.
enjoyed working there while I did,
ups and downs of the marketplace for memory always on your mind
Pros
good pay and benefits
Cons
nepotism
I enjoyed working there
Technician III (Former Employee) –  Lehi, UTFebruary 4, 2018
Great company on cutting edge of technology. Great place to work. I feel I was on the wrong team. Motivation was minimal. Requested change, but was denied.
Pros
Working with new industry breaking technology
Cons
Supervisor was no help to directs.
Great company to work for.
Diffusion Shift Technician (Former Employee) –  Lehi, UTJanuary 25, 2018
Shift Technicians have a rough schedule, the shifts are 12 hours long and you will work 3 days one week and then 4 days the next week. However, the weekends are 4 and 3 days long also so that is a big plus.
The company practices a strong safety culture as many of the aspects of the machines that I worked on are quite dangerous.
Pros
Long Weekends
Cons
Promotions Difficult
Sr. Electrical Engineer
Contract Engineer (Former Employee) –  Lehi, UTJanuary 15, 2018
I enjoyed working at IMFlash. Very interesting work. Large facility - long walks to projects.

I was designed power to projects in different buildings on site. KIt was interesting.

Too many meetings. Seems like I went to 2-4 meetings per day.Very relaxed however, place to work.
Pros
Relaxsed lace to work
Cons
Job wa temporary
Sr. delectrical Engineer
Sr. Electrical Engineer (Former Employee) –  Lehi, UTJanuary 12, 2018
I worked on Electrical projects - power and control for different projects and areas in the plant. Some good project managers - others not so good.

Good place to work directly.
Pros
Nice work environment; not much work politics
Cons
Huge place - lots of walking - shortage of parking.
Productive place to work at.
Receiving Lead Warehouse Material Handler (Current Employee) –  Lehi, UTJanuary 10, 2018
It is very busy and so working days go by fast. The majority of the jobs are shift work which is great. I get 3 days off, then the next week I have 4 days off. It really feels like a break and is great during the summer.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at IM Flash. Our community is ready to answer.

See reviews about