IM Flash Employee Reviews

Fast Paced & Exciting
Manufacturing Equipment Principal Technician (Current Employee) –  Lehi, UtahOctober 31, 2018
Working at IM Flash is fast-paced, mostly stressful, and yet exciting for all the cool technology we get to work with. A culture of safety and inclusion are definitely positives with the company.
Dry Etch Equipment Tech
Equipment Technician (Dry Etch) (Former Employee) –  Lehi, UTOctober 25, 2018
Do not recommend for any technician. You work 12 hour shifts in a fab suit with poor AC/ventilation buildings. Engineers are the only people treated with respect here and management of course. The raise increases compared to engineers are ridiculous. You have to come in and work a lot of over time for projects such TPM projects or if you want to get promoted. Engineers don't require OT at all. Maybe an E1 .Just heard Micron is buying out Intel on their shares so that's going to be interesting.Military vets should look else where. If you're local to the greater SLC area then this might be a decent fit.
Pros
Beenfits
Cons
Everything. 12 hour shift. rotating shifts.Fab Suits.
Fun and productive work place
Shift Equipment Technician (Former Employee) –  Utah County, UTOctober 17, 2018
It was a good job, we would go in and make sure we got in our hazmat suites before we went into the lab area. We worked with a lot of high tech equipment in there. The people were great to work with and very friendly. The hardest part of the job was leaving it when I had to.
Pros
They had an on site medical center that was great
Cons
Having to leave the job
Great place to work, with exceptions
Diffusion Automation Equipment Technician (Current Employee) –  Lehi, UTOctober 16, 2018
Great place to live, great place to work. Compensation for work performed varies from area to area depending on how involved leadership and management is. Select few are treated unfairly based on needs of the company.
Pros
Amazing benefits and great work/life balance
Cons
Poor communication for management
Good place to launch a career, but not grow it
First-Shift Engineer (Former Employee) –  Lehi, UTSeptember 30, 2018
-Poor work-life balance
-Challenging role
-Low redundancy in staffing makes many people SMEs, but there also isn't much back-up coverage
-Training and mentoring are not always offered for the situations employees are put into
-You'll learn and be exposed to a lot in a very short amount of time
-Career development paths are best defined for those with chemical engineering backgrounds - everyone else is SOL and left to make their own way
-Great coworkers - IM Flash recruits well for team and role fit
-You'll need those coworkers to help you get through the challenges
Quick paced work environment
Lead Process Technician (Current Employee) –  Lehi, UTSeptember 27, 2018
Quick paced work environment. There was never a dull day. Management was effective and involved. Team members were fun and supportive. Benefits were good.
Good company with good culture
Senior Engineer (Former Employee) –  Lehi, UTSeptember 21, 2018
Nice company to work with. Good life and work balance with good benefit. People are kind and help each other. Great working culture. Enjoy working there as Engineer.
Pros
high tech company
Cons
location is not attractive
Great place to work, plenty opportunities to advance,
Senior Equipment Technician (Former Employee) –  Lehi, UTAugust 18, 2018
I enjoyed working at I.M. Flash and received great reviews and pay increases during my tenure. Have no understanding and was given no reason for my termination. I had great monthly 1 on 1 reviews with my supervisor and felt well respected, until my surprise termination.
Pros
Excellent work/life balance
Cons
They can let you go for no reason.
nothing great but nothing really bad
Non-Product Wafer Process Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Lehi, UTAugust 14, 2018
It was a job. Only memorable thing from IM Flash was the friends I made. We still joke about some of the things that we had to do and how processes kept changing.
Pros
food was onsite
Cons
hours
IM Flash is a good place to work
Shipping/Receiving Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Lehi, UTAugust 8, 2018
I never got into the tech industry before working here. I learned so much about what goes into the making of memory chips. I was also able to be a part of how a fabrication facility is made and how the fabrication equipment works. All in all it is a fascinating place to work.
Pros
Science based and interesting working environment
Cons
Tech changes all the time. Not as much longevity as people would like.
Good workplace with benefits
Engineer (Current Employee) –  Lehi, UTAugust 5, 2018
IM Flash is a semiconductor manufacturing facility for both its parents, Intel and Micron. Production and quality are important, so a typical day would have you ensure that your equipment and processes are always performing at their optimum. Thus, work can get stressful. But the company provides good benefits.
Great place to work with a lot of opportunity for advancement
Manufacturing Engineering Section Manager (Current Employee) –  Lehi, UTAugust 1, 2018
I love working at IM Flash and feel it has been a perfect place for me to learn and grow as an engineer. I have the tools I need to do my job and the latitude to implement my ideas into wins for the organization.

I also have had opportunity to take multiple different positions in the organization to help develop my own skillsets.
Great work environment
AMHS Shift Electronic Lead Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Lehi, UTJuly 29, 2018
Great in house gym , stay physical and Healthy. This allows less accidents or injuries in a dangerous environment. Safety is number with me. Training and understanding of job task is a must in the semi conductor world. Imflash covers all that and takes pride in this type of environment.
Pros
Good excercise plans before starting work.
would not work here
Principal Technician (Former Employee) –  Lehi, UTJuly 18, 2018
I would never recommend this company to anyone. They preach their core values but when it comes to living their core values, it is another thing. They choose favorite people and those employees can get away with anything. I had a co worker who threaten the women that sat across from me to beat them. He is still currently working there, and no discrepancy actions were taken. He did it on multiple occasions. It was reported to the HR department and to management. Nothing was done. When I was hired the culture was great, but the company culture has really suffered negatively and is not the same to work for. If you like being intimidated and taken advantage of, this is the place to work for. You work long hours, extremely high stress environment, poor management, to advance your career you must brown nose, and very limited advancement opportunities.
Pros
nothing
Official response from IM Flash
July 24, 2018

You've expressed some alarming concerns about your work experience here. Because Indeed reviews are anonymous, we can only respond by re-affirming that we do take any threats of workplace violence seriously – in fact, we have a whole committee dedicated to workplace violence and its prevention. That committee works closely with HR. Their investigations (and any subsequent discipline) are kept as confidentially as possible, which may lead to assumptions that nothing was done. We’re sorry to hear that your experience at IM Flash was not what you hoped.

Fab Technician
FAB Technician (Former Employee) –  Lehi, UTJuly 16, 2018
Managers at IMFLASH like to still fear to their technicians and answer questions in vague, noncommittal ways. They refrain from showing compassion and creating a persona that appears unapproachable. They also thrive on being unpredictable; and that has a huge negative effect because when employees are uncertain, they are fearful. Very hard to advance in pay grade.
Pros
Great benefits.
Cons
Management and engineer don't care about technicians.
Challenging new portion of Electronic manufacturing.
Contracted Senior Technician (Former Employee) –  Lehi UtahJuly 9, 2018
Briefing of previous shift's progress and progress.
I learned to run a media blaster.
The management provided a good trainer. They keep close tabs on you as you worked in the clean room.
Culture wasn't positive with occasionally 3 "buddies" looking over my shoulder. As my trainer left, on leave/vacation, my work time on part numbers declined and they didn't put the two together.
Pros
Learning new skills
Cons
long learning curve for me with others that didn't have the same skill sets.
Loved working here. Would love to got back to working for IM Flash
Equipment Technician (Former Employee) –  Lehi, UTMay 18, 2018
Loved working here. Would love to got back to working for IM Flash.
Very fast paced and always changing. Many benefits and opportunities of advancement. Will pay for schooling.
Not much to say
Operations Modeling Engineer (Former Employee) –  Lehi, UTApril 17, 2018
There's really not much to add here. Job was good, work was interesting but there was no advancement and they went crazy with middle managers. So here's a few more words to fulfill the minimum requirement.
Fast paced competitive complex work
Plasma Etch Senior Equipment Technician (Current Employee) –  Lehi, UTMarch 28, 2018
Lots of teamwork. Work on equipment all day fix them as fast as you can. Factory workplace. Learned great time management skills. I loved figuring out the tools and fixing them its very satisfying. The culture is very diverse I work with people from all over the world
Good benefits, high stress
Process Technician (Former Employee) –  Lehi, UTMarch 5, 2018
High stress level and teams are often short staffed. Procedures and training need to be improved. Long 12 hour shifts with rotating from night to days.Great benefits.
Benefits
Cons
High Stress

Ask a question about working or interviewing at IM Flash. Our community is ready to answer.

IM Flash Reviews by Location