IMA Employee Reviews

Worst place ever
Quality Control (Former Employee) –  Virginia Beach, VAJune 5, 2019
Just don't, don't work there. Go to a temp agency and do something better that isn't a shady company selling horrible knock off stuff, that doesn't even work.
Pros
Cons
Everything is a con
Great for experience sake
Call Center Representative (Former Employee) –  Virginia Beach, VAJune 2, 2019
IMA is a revolving-door when it comes to employment, the same people you come in with during your training will likely be gone soon after you start. Management constantly flip flops depending on their attitude for the day, but if they like you they wont have too many problems with you. The job is really easy though just follow the script and be willing to stay on the phone with people for twenty to thirty minutes even if you know its not a sale!
Pros
endless coffee, extra break for smokers
Cons
short breaks, attitudes
Poorly run
IT Manager (Former Employee) –  New Windsor, MDMay 30, 2019
Was a waste of my time and career. Excutive team had little to no real world experience. They were a nonprofit that traveled on champagne tastes. They hired me knowing the company was moving to DC in less than a year and never mentioned it in the interview. They almost went under due to not being able secures gov grants
Too many layoffs
Seat Assembler/MATERIAL HANDLER (Current Employee) –  Highland Park, MIMay 3, 2019
Ppl was cool management so so just too many layoffs. Pay good. Your co-workers was the best part of the job. Without them the job would have been horrible.
Hard work
Assembly Line Worker (Former Employee) –  Detroit, MIApril 9, 2019
A fast-paced environment hard work very worth the pay just long hours and not enough days off with no personal days only holiday pay after 90 days.....
Iit was a good place just tbe hours
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee) –  Fraser, MIMarch 31, 2019
Good place to work just needed more hours and better benefits the staff was ok and everyone got along. If the work hours were better and the pay i would have loved to stay
It's an okay place to work if you want to get paid every week
Material Handler (Former Employee) –  Detroit, MIMarch 28, 2019
When I was working at IMA there were no women supervisors all men they only moved you up if you were family or friends the union was never on your side they were very nasty it was a lot of drug selling inside and a lot of drug doing outside
Stressful place to work and the managers don’t know how to talk to you!
Inbound customer service representatives/sales (Former Employee) –  Virginia Beach, VAFebruary 19, 2019
I don’t recommend working here. The managers are very disrespectful and if you don’t know all of what you are doing don’t waste your time. If it’s your first job you may like it.
diversified job duties
CASAC 2 (Former Employee) –  Holbrook, NYJanuary 11, 2019
learned upgraded computer skills
this was more like an administrative office position
hardest part your expected to do different job responsibilities and travel to cover locations with no advance notice at times
good daytime hours and weekdays only
Ima
Materials Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Detroit, MINovember 13, 2018
The worst company that I have ever been employed by. Management will over work a good employee to cover for a bad employee. A very dishonest company, union is corrupt, management is unjust and its a very unsafe environment.
Pros
Cons
no advancement
Boring non productive
clerk (Current Employee) –  Bohemia, NYOctober 19, 2018
Lots of paper work, bad environment, not allowed to talk, short lunches. Boss was always watching over you. Bathroom were deplorable, women catty, could not have food or drink with you
Pros
Nice people
Cons
building always cold, parking lot choppy
fun work place
Machine Operator (Temp) (Former Employee) –  Hamtramck, MIOctober 2, 2018
it was nice workplace nice co-workers i was looking to get hire in but it was only for a spare time
location hamtmack area the was cutting hours down
Very Interesting place to work love the fast pace and working with others
Assembly Line Worker (Former Employee) –  Highland Park, MIOctober 1, 2018
A typical day is coming in setting up for production and making sure my work area is clean and safe to work in. I love this job because it is fast pace and there is always something to do I wouldn’t say the job is hard I learned to assemble leather and cloth seats and pack in sequence. The best part of the job is knowing you did a good job at the end of each day.
Pros
You are paid your over time by the day if you work 10 hours you have 2 hours overtime for that day
Horrible place to work, starts out ok but it really gets old fast.
Sales representative (Current Employee) –  Virginia Beach, VASeptember 20, 2018
Very dishonest way of selling medical alert units to the elderly or whoever happens to be on the other end of the phone, cause they expect you to sell to everybody no matter their age or nationality,unless of course they're homeless or living out of the country, cause our system doesn't work outside the country. Customers get really upset when you tell them the number they dialed was changed or disconnected when they just called it and spoke to their bank literally 2 seconds ago. I don't know why we can't just tell them they misdialed or got rerouted. Also telling them the equipment is free and then charging a monitoring system that would someday cost way more than the equipment ever would, depending on how many years they're paying for it. Customers tell me they get one for free from their insurance all the time or at least at a discount, and we are actually supposed to try to sell them our unit even though they already have one. This is ridiculous. We get regular calls from people calling us scammers and thieves. and men call and do and say nasty things til we hang up which of course ruins our call percentage and they just call right back and sometimes keep getting the same rep over and over again. I can't wait to leave this company. I do like my manager. They treat him bad too. If our sales are bad he's getting yelled at and fired or suspended as well. They don't care about keeping good reps at this company. They would rather keep bringing in every person they can and training them and keep the horrible cycle going. Leaving very soon.
Pros
Coworkers are friendly
Cons
Breaks short, dont get til u make sales, pranks, hangups, perverts, stress
not a good place to work if you are a professional
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Tarrytown, NYAugust 9, 2018
no help from management - management disrespected employees. not a place to work if you are a professional. Way to much drama an favoritism. it was an opportunity but not for me.
Okay for short term
Quality Assurance Specialist (Current Employee) –  Virginia Beach, VAJuly 23, 2018
The work is often challenging and it is often very noisy in the call center. Some people do not treat customers respectfully and others will do anything to get a sale.
Pros
Easy to get hired, close to freeway
Cons
Pay is not really enough to live independently on even with bonuses, a fair number of people here aren't very professional or respectful of others
Terrible company
Production Worker (Former Employee) –  Highland Park, MIJuly 19, 2018
They don’t care for there employees they attendance policy is terrible and there attitude is very bad. The stuff the management do with the employees is not professional at all!
Access Center Coordinator, Cust.Serv (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLJuly 17, 2018
Good place to learn, cooperative, competitive if you want to grou in the company you have chance to, friendly job partners, very good custumers, nice rules to work in equilibrate environment.
Pros
Friendly pleople
Cons
Some times work hours
Bad place
Sales rep (Former Employee) –  Virginia Beach, VAJuly 12, 2018
This place is not what it seems. For starters not once in the 2 interviews I went through did the lady ask anything about me, my qualifications, skills, past jobs, etc. More so that she was trying to sell the job to me, saying that they have the “calls” they just need more people because they were expanding. The two days of training were okay, the job trainer told all of us that this should be an easy job and that the people calling in already had an interest in the product they’re selling (life protect 24/7 monitoring unit). She told us that majority of the people calling in were the elderly and that we would be doing them a disservice by not selling them these “life saving devices”. Everything seemed fine until the next day when I went to the sales floor, my manager that I was assigned to basically told me that every call we were taking were people calling in toll free numbers that were disconnected and bought by IMA, not that these people were actually interested in the prodcut rather just confused on how they got to this business. The whole idea was that we had to pitch a sale to these people who weren’t looking for us in the first place, not anything like the training lady had told us. So my first day on the sales floor I was buddy jacked with another employee listening to them take phone calls and let me tell you it was not like I thought it would be. Again majority of the people calling in were the elderly looking for a number that they thought was another place. So what we had to do was find out their health issues and then use it as a tool to convince them to pay the  more... monthly monitoring fee ($40/month) for their “free” monitoring unit. The sales people will sit here and tell these people that theyre not taking care of them selves or doing themselves a disservice by not paying the monthly fee and honestly get mad at them for not setting aside money from their fixed income to pay for this so that they can make commissions off of it. They definitely took advantage of the elderly and It just felt ethically wrong. On top of all that one of the rules there was that if you miss even an hour of your scheduled shift (mon-Friday 8-6 every other day) you had to make it up on Sunday by working a full 8-6 shift. They say they’re really for their employees but it seemed like all talk. If you’re looking for lots of hours and a paycheck then this place would be a good pick.  less
very large practice 96 doctors
CMA/Phlebotomist (Former Employee) –  Bloomington, INJune 28, 2018
Ima was very compatible with the wages in the same field. Lots of room for moving around many departments. very good insurance. Christmas parties and bonuses. Respects employees.
Pros
good insurance and benifits
Cons
they has cliques