iMentor Employee Reviews

See reviews about:
Work-Life BalancePay & BenefitsJob Security & AdvancementManagementCulture
This was a side job
Volunteer (Current Employee) –  New Brunswick, NJOctober 3, 2018
I volunteered for this role, it was a wonderful experience where I got to work 1:1 with a girl and helped her get into college and mentored her through senior year in college
Wonderful Organization
Volunteer Screening Coordinator (Current Employee) –  New York, NYAugust 27, 2018
iMentor is a driven organization focused on diversity, equity, and inclusion their education and college access focus, along with their staff. It's proven to help student graduate from high school and enter college.
Goal Oriented
Senior Event Assistant (Current Employee) –  New York, NYMarch 6, 2018
The organization is very goal oriented. They want everyone to succeed at their job and their professional and personal goals. The care of their workers is important.
Pros
The envronment
Cons
Hours
Great environment
Program Manager (Former Employee) –  Manhattan, NYMarch 1, 2018
imentor is a great company with a very selfless goal. The work is occasionally difficult but if you are dedicated to the cause, then it is worth the effort.
Pros
a lot of freedom
Cons
very timely
iMentor
Senior Event Assistant (Current Employee) –  New York, NYNovember 1, 2017
This is a great organization to work for. Everyone is working towards one goal. The work environment is welcoming and laid back. Employees are very respectful.
Pros
Nice Office, Respectable Employee
Cons
Pay
fun place to volunteer
Mentor to a high school junior (Current Employee) –  Bronx, NYAugust 21, 2017
I do not work for them I only am a mentor with the organization. I am not sure how much program coordinators get paid as I am only a mentor. I do enjoy the flexibility
Volunteer Mentor
Volunteer Mentor (Current Employee) –  New York, NYApril 1, 2017
Great way to give back to the local community. Starting in Freshman year, I was able to help guide a young adult through the turbulent time of high school life and prepare for the college experience.
Very open and fun work culture
Research Assistant (Current Employee) –  New York, NYApril 5, 2016
A typical day at work would include checking my email for new research or analysis projects and any meeting requests. Then I would continue to work on any outstanding projects and keep my boss updated on my work. The research and evaluation team met weekly to go over projects and tasks that needed to completed by certain deadlines.
imentor
Volunteer (Current Employee) –  New York, NYNovember 23, 2015
I love imentor. it is an excellent way to give back to your community and also build relationships with great individuals.
Good learning environment
Event Assistant (Former Employee) –  New York, NYAugust 22, 2015
The best part about iMentor are the managers. They try to be understanding and genuinely try to help. They meet with you and reach out if their might be any problems.
Review Summary
Mentor (Current Employee) –  Manhattan, NYOctober 29, 2013
Imentor is a good program where you volunteer and you get to interact and be a mentor to a foreign high school student coming from another culture and customs. It is very proactive in the way you teach your men tee on how to progress in school and keep on moving forward with the goals he/she meets.
Volunteer Review
Volunteer/Mentor/Public Relations Assistant (Former Employee) –  New York, NYMay 15, 2012
My interactions with iMentor are as a volunteer. The Company is committed to providing quality mentorship to teens in underserved communities. I still function as a mentor in the Alumni Pairs program.
An Unforgettable Experience
Mentee (Former Employee) –  30 Broad Street, 9th Floor, New York, NY 10004February 16, 2012
The program requires one to communicate with a stranger that you never met before. It help with ones networking skills and helps improve in English grammar and spelling as well.