Imerys
56Below average

Imerys Employee Reviews

United States140 reviews
Not a bad place to work. Management is a bit sloppy but u work 12 hour shifts and off every other weekend. Plenty of overtime. Bosses are laid back as long as production is finished.
I worked there for over 9 years Without getting reprimanded. I worked hard, always dependable, and did the best I could for the company’s interest. Just before my 10 year anniversary, I had a bad day at work including personal issues with a fellow employee and the company let me go. Not fair, I was going through some hard times in my life following a divorce. I tried to vent to my supervisor and he ended up reporting me to his superior instead of just trying to help me out with my issue. Now they won’t reconsider me for re- employment 6 years later.
Pros
The work itself is decent other than faulty machinery, you learn how to operate different equipment. Paid lunches.
Cons
See my review.
Imerys is the best place I've worked, they have more benefits then I've actually discovered. I appreciate this company! If I have to leave for any reasons, the supervisors are pretty fair and just. I love that they prioritize safety. If I ever leave it's purely do to the fact that I cant work with the silica anymore, as for the ppl from HR down to my coworkers, and even the CEO, love them!
High turnover rate for the same reasons.

EEOC Charge(s) against legal management with no changes in those actors. That should sum up the work environment.
Clean organize fo your job and everyone helps everyone from cleaning and procedures to order and responsiblity this job showed me alot about ideoendineese and heavy machinery
Would you rate your company five stars?
Rate your employer to help people make better career decisions.
Imerys is relocating transactional positions to Mexico.
I enjoyed working there for 11 years, and was sorry to see the jobs relocate.

I had job advance opportunity and strong managers.
The safety/health manager is a joke very shady place alot of people talk alot of smack an like to stab people in the back wouldn't recommend this plac
I came in as a contract worker and noticed right away that the employees really didnt want to train me. It was about me, myself and I. Very rude, uncaring ,and prideful people. I worked there for several months and the manager only spoken to me twice. How sad. People makes the company not the building. No communication😥
working at imerys was great a very eye opening experience learned new ways to broaden my horizons very diverse friendly people and management would like to re apply
The company has undergone multiple reorganizations within a short time period causing a sense of confusion and lack of job understanding among the workforce. Overall, it is a good company to work for and has provided me with a lot of opportunity and learning towards advancing my skill set.
Pros
Benefits, 401K, competitive pay
Cons
The company is under staffed in regards to middle management and supervisory positions., The salaried workforce, who actually care about the overall success of the company, are having to spend more time at work than should be expected, in order to compensate the lack of drive among the others.
I would love to begin a career again working for Imerys Kaolin. It is the Best job I ever had other than the Being in the Air Force. I started out working in the bag machine department filling up 50 to 55 lbs of bags with clay and stacking them on pallets of 45 or more. Then I bibidd
It’s a terrible company, the pay isn’t worth the work...they want you to come in as a temp but don’t have any intentions on hiring you, supervisors and plant managers (At plant 1) all they do is lie and try to work you to death while they hide and sleep the whole shift....stay away from it
This company excites you just to let you down. Started me off with pennies worked me super hard then MADE me train another person to do my job in Mexico so I could be laid off. That’s how they treat you.
one of the better jobs I have had. awesome schedule, great pay, good overtime, union job, good benefits. they could do more as far as taking care of the equipment and keeping it up to date and safe
Compensated fairly; diversity, sustainability, and innovation are the company's chief goals. Culture and corporate feedback/encouragement/communication could use some work.
The turnover rate is astronomical.
Lack of resources.

Plummeting Stock Price

Cost Cutting above ALL else

Poor healthcare package

Average 401K match

Reorganization every 6-18 months

Unstable

Poor business practices

Poor onboarding, poor customer focus
Pros
Salary
Cons
Workload, lack of resources, culture
Imerys has a very entrepreneurial spirit and this is definitely a place where employees can make a difference. Imerys changed its operating model in order to be more competitive and gain market share. US management is strong and down to earth. Employees are very diverse. Lot of opportunities coming from the restructuring for people who are willing to embrace the changing environment (not always easy). Lack of data to run the business in this new structure.
If you want to work shift work for the most greedy French owned company iv ever encountered that wants to take as many benefits away from you as they can... then go ahead and apply for the job, I have nothing good to say about IMERYS... I worked there for 12yrs!
Company in total chaos through a reorg and recent firing of their CEO. Arrogant leadership and disrespectful to employees that report to them. Huge back office problems in terms of data and reporting of business metrics.
Imery's was a great place to work until the reorganization of the business took place. Very poor communication and role out of the process. Several managers had no idea who they where reporting too or what direction to move in. Overall not a well executed restructuring. It will take some time to get the business running smooth again.
Pros
Great pay and benefits
Cons
Working all the time (no family life to speak of)
This company is task driven. Focused on productivity and less on department environment. Please contact the human resource department for any further information.
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Imerys. Our community is ready to answer.
Ratings from women
InHerSight Score
3.0Personal Development
2.7Career Opportunities
3.3Family Support
Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight