IMI Plc Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
friendly
HSE Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYJuly 22, 2018
1) Start off in my office doing any HSE work for about 2 hours then hit the floor working in Export / LTL area.

2) HSE, Forklift training
3) Management was never on the same team.
4) the work culture on the floor was good we worked together.
5) Getting management to understand the problems we were having.
6) The trips out of town, free food and the teammates on the floor
Pros
Free lunch some times
Cons
management
Material Handler (Former Employee) –  Farmington, CTMay 23, 2018
Learned a lot about the products they manufacture and gained valuable experience. Started as a temp and was hired after a few months. Laid-off after 5 years due to an economic recession. I would go back in a minute. Overall great experience. Highly recommended.
Pros
Friendly and cooperative management, benefits were very good.
Fast-paced work environment
AREA LEAD, IMI PRECISION ENGINEERING-NORGREN (Current Employee) –  MichiganApril 29, 2018
I believe that overall IMI is a good company to work for. Good benefits, paid vacation and sick days and a lot of overtime...at least in the department that I worked in. Unfortunately, there is no work/life balance.
Pros
Free lunches at times
Cons
No work/life balance
Poor Managment
Machinist (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXApril 19, 2018
Typical work days are confusing, does not go by the schedule. Learned how to assemble and disassemble huge valves. Management is very poor. Work place is ok. The hardest part of the job would be dealing with management. Enjoyable part would be having time off.
Raises and layoffs
General Laborer (Former Employee) –  Pryor, OKApril 19, 2018
They didn't give me my raise after my three month evaluation they laid me off instead of the raise then they offer me another position for how much my raise was.
Pros
Good place to move up
Cons
Dont like to give raises
Imi
Inside Sales Account Representative (Former Employee) –  Littleton, COMarch 27, 2018
Company is ever evolving and a good work space, does need to invest more into their updates and culture.

Great products and a lot of training supplied.
Good people to work for
Maintenance Technician II (Former Employee) –  Brookville, OHMarch 25, 2018
I really appreciate the people around me, and the employees I work along side of .We were very successful in production, and understaning if what was expected of our products .The whole company worked together as a team.I am proud of what products IMI produced for America.Overall one of the best places I have had the pleasure of working with.
Pros
People you work with
Cons
Competition
data entry clerk (Former Employee) –  Mission Viejo, CAFebruary 12, 2018
Really enjoyed working with this company. Have nothing but excellent things to say about my time with them. I would recommend working with this company to anyone.
Nice place Bad Managers
Machine Operator (Current Employee) –  Farmington, CT 06032October 5, 2017
There is a lot of favorabilities and no room to grow. Even if they the management say there is. And there are too many policies that are unnecessary that they have in-placed that don't make sense and will add policies to make them just cause a little incident that can be corrected very simply.
Pros
Flexible HRs, Supervisor and Business Unit Managers help you when you need it, nice people.
Cons
Managers and General Manager will put a Target on your bad, Will push you, will make unreachable goals.
Well life work balance company. Fun and safe atmosphere.
Senior Project Manager - Nuclear Delivery (Former Employee) –  Rancho Santa Margarita, CASeptember 30, 2017
Great company to work for. Management is engaged and transparent. Most of them are respected by their employees and peers. Work life balance is well and management invest in their employees career and are very ethical.
Overworked and with little to no direction
Account Manager (Current Employee) –  Littleton, COSeptember 28, 2017
leadership did not support employees beneath them. Lack of communication between departments .
No team work environment.
Concerns about work environment were spoken with to leadership. No action to resolve situations in the work place.
Terrible culture and executive leadership. Fair pay and benefits, but you work for them.
Business Professional (Former Employee) –  USASeptember 20, 2017
Huge on giving stretch goals, but offer zero support, coaching, mentoring. Terrible at communicating to the right people when something is wrong, would rather complain behind someone's back instead of approaching the person and giving them the opportunity to fix what is wrong and learn from it. People do not work together because everyone is so overloaded and has their own agenda. Way too much scrutiny and red tape to get things done Corporate management is very "clicky".
Pros
Pay and benefits
Cons
Self-fulfilling Culture, Corporate Management
Free lunches occasionally
Mechanical Engineer (Current Employee) –  Brookville, OHAugust 17, 2017
Cut Throat Competition . Expectations not defined clearly. Good Products.Better work flow required. Better training required.Less visibility for new employees.
work environment
Assembler (Former Employee) –  Farmington, CTAugust 8, 2017
fast paced work environment, good to be busy all the time. Management was good. They were always there to help with any questions I would have. Was mainly assembling and inspecting parts.
Positive and balanced work culture
Senior Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Rancho Santa Margarita, CAJuly 26, 2017
Management is very passionate and dedicated to the success of the company. Friendly and diverse culture. Level of respect and trust between management and employees is high.
Does not provide a good work/life balance
CREDIT & COLLECTIONS SPECIALIST III (Former Employee) –  Saline, MIJuly 9, 2017
Management of A/R portfolio, account reconciliation, established credit limits for new customers, reviewed and increased/decreased credit limits for existing customers resolve short payments
Good working environment but bad management with nepotism
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Rancho Santa Margarita, CAMay 18, 2017
It's a company with good fundamentals and market position. Employees are friendly and easy to work with. However the management plays favorite and doesn't encourage individual job growth. As a public company they cares about meeting short term numbers but not long term growth
Pros
good fundamentals and market position
Cons
nepotism, bad management
30 Years of my life at IMI & subsidiaries
Marketing Director (Former Employee) –  Littleton, COApril 12, 2017
IMI and it's subsidiary Norgren Inc. are well run professional companies. You get out what you put in. If you work hard and are professional then opportunities will open up. I was with them for over 30 years and recently retired. I lived in 3 countries, made many friends, lost count of the number of positions I held and was always challenged and never bored.
They are a profitable company and don't keep slackers around. Management are reasonable to work with (almost all the time). In a 42 year professional career I would not have stayed with them for >30 years if they did not have a great bunch of people.
Pros
Challenging projects
Cons
Need to reward employees more
Good Experience, but very stressful
Manufacturing Engineer Intern (Former Employee) –  Brookville, OH 45309April 4, 2017
They will expect a lot from you without wanting to give you any compensation. Too often were their stories of people having to come in early mornings and be the last ones out because the company wanted less people to do more work. There was also a threat of losing your job if you never hit the goals they set and then they would push those duties to a current worker instead of hiring a replacement.
Friendly Environment
Mechanical Engineer (Contract) (Current Employee) –  Littleton, COMarch 26, 2017
Normal manufacturing-engineering firm with very friendly people. Supervisors are very approachable and want to make the best product possible with the resources they have.
Pros
Everyone is friendly, Free fruit in the morning
Cons
Slightly outdated engineering software