Immaculate Flight Employee Reviews

Run far away!!!
Detailer (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLNovember 12, 2018
Worst job that i had, i rather work at McDonald’s. The money is to draw you in once you start you will relize that it was the worst mistake of your life. Management sucks they only care about the management team, the detailers are nobody to the company just an number. You will notice that everyone on the team has not been there long only a few people, the turnover rate is ridiculous. I was there two years and had been treated very poorly and seen co workers treated extremely poor. YOU WILL HAVE NO LIFE AT ALL!!!!! your phone will never stop ringing, so much that you become traumatized by the sound of your ringer. I didn’t take the time out of my day to write something like this out of spite only for the concern of good people to not make a terrible decision that will effect there life and families life.
Hard hours, poor management team
Southern California (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CASeptember 5, 2018
Management is not doing a great job of taking care of their employees. Over worked with little to no free time. The hours are crazy so expect little family time.
Pros
Work with private jet aircraft
Cons
Management at the LA location
Great Company to Start Your Aviation Career
Regional Manager (Current Employee) –  Southeast - FloridaSeptember 1, 2018
Anyone looking to have an entry point into the Aviation Industry this is an excellent company to get some great experience and learn a trade. This is a Family owned company where Senior Leadership takes pride in all of their employees with a great opportunity for advancement if you’re willing to work hard and take advantage of the skills taught that you won’t learn from any Technical School. All Managers are required to take monthly Computer Based Training to improve their leadership skills while teaching them to be good managers.

All Senior Leadership and Managers have worked their way up from the ground floor with years of hands on experience and technical knowhow. Some Regional Managers have over 35 years of industry technical experience and are FAA licensed Aircraft Mechanics. For a company that has grown Nationwide in just over 10 years growing pains are expected. For a small company they offer a great compensation program with a bonus program, benefits, vacation and 401K combined with a career path for anyone willing to work hard and show their talents to become a leader.

I'm proud to be a part of this company.
Pros
Great company to advance your career in the Aviation Industry
Cons
Long hours and demanding schedule
Very cool experience
Detailer (Former Employee) –  Grand Rapids, MIAugust 18, 2018
They have a great team in a very relaxed work environment. You get to work along side extremely talented mechanics. Overall great learning experience.
Cons
Over 40 hours a week
Overall great company, young but accomadating
Detail Technician (Current Employee) –  Grand Rapids, MIAugust 18, 2018
You work closely with beautiful aircraft that not the average person gets to see. It’s a serious joy getting a plane to look great. The hours vary by flight schedules which sucks but isn’t something you can’t get used to. Weekly all call meetings to get updated on new things in the company make you feel involved in things. New incentive programs to stay in the company and learn as much as you can. So many new improvements in just the year I’ve worked here. My only complaint is the hours and the ability to move up into management
Pros
Fun job, great people to work for with good benefits
Cons
Bad hours
Official response from Immaculate Flight
August 20, 2018

Your honesty and hard work are very much appreciated!

We're lucky to have understanding, flexible employees like yourself to value as we continue to grow.

Expanding secure company that has values that support the employee
Regional Manager (Current Employee) –  San Jose, CAAugust 16, 2018
It’s hard work with varying hours. But that’s Aviation. Pay and benefits are great. Opportunities for promotion and relocation are available. Continued training is rewarded by a detail technician experience level program.
Great company!

Although I’m new to the company I’ve worked with it since it’s inception. Met many of the employees over those years. The ones that understand it’s hard but rewarding work have nothing bad to say about the company. It’s had and still has some growing pains. They are normal for a local company that goes national in less then 10 years and is still growing.
So for the negative ratings. All situational from people that just didn’t work out for whatever reasons. Happens.
Pros
Aviation - work around aircraft
Cons
You have to be flexible
Terrible company to work for
Operations Manager (Former Employee) –  FloridaAugust 8, 2018
First off, whatever reviews you see with 4 or more stars are false and were done by the "senior leadership team", or lack there of. Company is absolutely horrible. Management is useless. No one on the management team has ACTUAL experience in the aviation field. They suck the employees dry with the highest expectation. HR is almost non-existent. All deceit during the interview process. The Regional managers are a bunch of kids with no real life experience. They've been promoted off social status. Absolutely no production or effectiveness. Turn around and run as far away as possible.
Official response from Immaculate Flight
August 13, 2018

Hi there,

We appreciate your feedback and apologize that you have such a skewed, negative view of our company. Inside your employee handbook, the first few pages outline all aviation experience for every one of our leadership team members. We are a small, family-owned company in which our owner started by himself a decade ago. In addition, every one of our leadership team members have worked 12-16 hour days in the field as we grew in early stages. We value those employees that value us, in return and work hard for our continued exponentially grown success. We wish you the best in your future endeavors.

Respectfully yours,

Your almost non-existent HR team

Not like any other place - but in a good way!
Office Staff (Current Employee) –  Grand Rapids, MIMay 17, 2018
The culture is great, everyone is easy to get along with and the work is so unique. If you value yourself, your own work ethic, and do a good job, you're likely to be rewarded. Success doesn't happen overnight and it's easy to forget that the company is still so small, but growing exponentially.
Pros
Compassionate Leadership, Flexibility, Free Healthcare, 401k, Vacation
West palm beach supervisor
Crew Supervisor (Former Employee) –  West Palm Beach, FLMay 12, 2018
This is not a bad company the pay what the told you ,always on time no problem with that. The problem is what they offer is not up to the level of work and time you have to be available for them. This is what they will tell you ....we pay 35000 or 30000 a year sounds good so far for cleaning a small plane...we call you clean and go home..what!! perfect you will think.. but no my friend...you always on call 24/7 meaning you have no day off or ninght to be more specific....they will sale you that some times they wont call for days...yes that is correct but dont forget you are on call...your.are not free or off ..so you sold your life for 2 or 3 dollars per hour...
Think people dont sell your life for so little.
Pros
The view
Cons
Long days and nights..no days off no overtime...
Growing Company and Lots of Ability to Grow/Advance
Accountant/Payroll Administrator (Current Employee) –  Grand Rapids, MIApril 30, 2018
This company is a great place to work, the benefits are amazing, almost every health insurance plan premium (for single coverage) is free. The detailers have to put in labor but the ability (if you are full time salary) to get a guaranteed paycheck and not worry about getting your hours in to make your paycheck when the location is slow, is very nice. Even as a salaried full time detailer you are still able to make some overtime money as well, not time and a half, but still extra money for working over 40 hours as a salaried employee is hard to find. Some weeks can be slower and some can be busier depending on the season of the location you are based in. Some of the perks: the owner sends small birthday gift cards to all employees, annual performance reviews and raises are given for all employees, managers have the ability to earn a lot of money in bonuses while still maintaining a set salary if they are ambitious enough to try and go make sales with base clients in the area.

I've seen employees leave and then come back to us because they can't find the competitive salaried pay anywhere else. Sometimes you've got to put in the work and grind through a busy stint or season, but as with any job busy stints happen and here you get paid for extra hours worked as a salaried employee. Makes the slow season nice when you may not have to work a full 40 hours but get paid for it.

This company is consistently growing and there's lots of potential to grow and advance within the company if you're willing to put in the hard work and prove yourself. Hard work and determination does
  more... not go unnoticed.

The company has a family like atmosphere and I don't plan to ever leave.
Pros
Free Health Insurance Premiums, Salaried Overtime, Family Atmosphere
Cons
Fluctuating Work Week Schedule
Enjoyable place to work
Operations Manager (Former Employee) –  Grand Rapids, MIApril 10, 2018
I loved working at Immaculate Flight. They have a family atmosphere, and treat everyone with respect. The president of the company would regularly converse with subordinates, and the managers and supervisors made sure the crew were informed.
Pros
Great management, good pay
Great oppertunity
Decent Pay
Pretty decent benefits
Horrible place! Treated badly
Night Shift Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Greensboro, NCApril 1, 2018
No guidance and no training what so ever, prepare to be treated badly by management as you will not have the opportunity to learn your job. All employees are treated badly, tired and strained to the max. They have a high turn over rate as no one gets along with the regional manager who is not the best at communication or willing to help. You will be lied to during the interview process, there is no work life balance. People will get fired at will and no job security!!! No ethical business practice all that matters is the money that comes in .
North Carolina location is horrible! Stay away from this place .
Pros
Seeing multi million dollar planes
Cons
Everything else ! Management, HR and the whole company.
poor managment and training
tampa supervisor (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLMarch 23, 2018
the company may be outstanding outside of the tampa area, but the central florida division has poor management and employee development. little communication or guidance. supposed to have a per diem package, but when I was asked to stay in Orlando the only option I was given was to sleep at my Supervisors house.... creepy
Pros
decent pay, good guys on the team
Cons
unreasonable work demands (i.e. drive 2 hours to job site, work 12 hours in 100+ degree aircraft hangar, drive 2 hours home.... then repeat in less than 6 hours, sorry but i need 8 hours of sleep)
Not what you would expect
Ops Manager (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLFebruary 4, 2018
If you are of with little guidance and training, prepare to be treated badly by management as you will not have the opportunity to learn your job. Always on call, all employees are tired and strained to the max. They have a high turn over rate as no one gets along with the regional manager who is not the best at communication. You will be lied to during the interview process, there is no work life balance. People will get fired at will no job security. No ethical business practice all that matters is the money that comes in. You will find that one person in earning $27000 in monthly earnings while the company cannot hire more employees in order to maintain a decent work schedule. You will work every day all day and most likely 36 hours of continuous work...Thats the business. No safety measures of processes. You will drive tired from airport to airport all day and night won't get to return home for 2 days on some shifts. Workers are not happy.

Pay is split between 26 pay periods! Benefits are not great. Talk to employees before signing anything.
Pros
None really
Cons
Misshandled business
Good place to network
Detailer (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJune 26, 2017
Needs better organization skills, more coordination/time management and to have a better way to keep up with your own hours. The attitude in the work environment needs to change as well.
Pros
Travels
Cons
You don't know your daily work schedule it's fluctuates
Long ours of hardworking labor
Aircraft Detailer (Former Employee) –  Naples, FLSeptember 20, 2016
The job was always on call and we could get called in at night and work through the night. The job was very labor intensive. We would work up to 20 hours on some days. As were working and think we are almost done, we could get orders to detail more planes which adds the hours tremendously. The manager was a good manager, he was more of a leader than a controller. Co-workers were enjoyable to work with.
Pros
The pay and amount of hours and overtime.
Cons
Always on call and cannot plan a life outside of work.
Challenging position working in the best part of aviation
Aircraft Detailer (Former Employee) –  FloridaJuly 16, 2014
First things first... This job can be difficult at first. There is manual labor expected from EVERY employee everyday and the schedule varies depending upon the work load which means you'll be working nights and days (sometimes back to back). One thing to remember though is that since a bulk of the clients in the company fly private jets, your schedule will depend upon their needs. If they're out of town you may not work which sucks if you're hourly or in a slow location...

However, if you have a brain and the ability to work, salary positions open often as the company continues to grow and once in that position, you'll enjoy the highest pay of ANY aircraft cleaner in the US. I can tell you that coming from cleaning commercial planes making $7.25 an hour, Immaculate offered a salary at 27K a year with full health, dental and 401k.... Not bad considering my friends scraping 12 bucks an hour after 10 years at the airlines.

Overall, it's a great company, but it's still growing so that means some locations will be slower than others (as other reviewers have highlighted); however, the managers is pretty good about moving people around if you can communicate your concerns and if you're really good at your job, the executive team may pull you to go to special events where you see some pretty awesome things.
Pros
Interesting work, GREAT pay and benefits (if salaried), great managers
Cons
No set schedule
no job security, would be a good job if hours were given
Detail Technician (Former Employee) –  orlando, flJune 19, 2014
work itself is good and interesting but your are always on call and sometimes only work 10 hours in 2 weeks or less.

when first hired they promised to pay 25 hrs as base pay whether you work or not, plus a $1 raise after 3 months. I never saw that after 6 months of working there neither for me or my coworkers.
Pros
environment, not messy work, nice breaks
Cons
on call, no contact with HR, false pay promises, low advancement opportunities
Stay away
Prior employee (Former Employee) –  CAMarch 30, 2013
Avoid working for this company as if it were the plague. Will be promised many things, but nothing ever comes to fruition.
Pros
salary mixed with very little work
Cons
when work does come in expect to work understaffed, doesn't care about employee happiness, no guaranteed days off, fight tooth and nail to get vacation days approved, expensive health insurance, promises many perks but never comes to fruition