Immediate Credit Recovery Employee Reviews

stressful & full of drama
Debt Collector (Former Employee) –  Poughkeepsie, NYAugust 8, 2018
if you dont take health benefits you will make almost 18 an hour. but they treat you like you are an inmate...they time your bathroom breaks and EVERYTHING you do it monitored. management dont care unless you make them money...and HR is a complete JOKE!! wendy only hires her friends and gives raises to them as well. you will go home stressed everyday and its nothing but drama. you will make decent money and thats about it. i would never recommend anyone to work here.
Pros
decent money
Cons
poor management
Horrible
Collectin Specialist (Former Employee) –  Kennesaw, GAMay 22, 2018
Quit 2 years ago after working there for almost 4 years and my paycheck is bigger on my new job. Put my resume and went thru interviews to be promoted as a frontline supervisor they denied it, they told me they found someone better twice and then when I quit they offer me the position if I stay.

They made 5 to 6 changes to the incentive bonus plan in less than a year. Every time they see and employee hitting the jackpot, they made it harder to get a bonus and they reserve the right to do it without notice depending on company needs.

Health benefits will swallow your income with a super high deductible and a per paycheck deductions.

Good last resource place to work, if can find a better work with similar or better salary make this job the last one to be consider.
Pros
If get lucky, the bonuses
Cons
Everything else.
Not the worse i guess but not the best
Administrative Resolution Specialist (Current Employee) –  Kennesaw, GADecember 25, 2018
Job is very,very stressful. Company based only, health insurance is 500-700 a mth and you still have to pay a large deductible. The work people are cool as well as some of the management. You can advance you may not get paid your worth for what your loyalty may be to the company.You hear more bad than good. No pay increases much and just a few cents literally when you do.
Not the usual Corporate Office Business Environment.
Administrative Specialist (Current Employee) –  Kennesaw, GAJanuary 24, 2019
I like the work I do but it can be overwhelming when coworkers don’t have the same work ethics I have. They are laid back and the work don’t get done in an efficient manner. Too much work for one person to do. Need help but I get it done as effectively and efficiently as I can. I believe giving 8 hours of work. Coworkers are young and don’t have the same work techniques that I’m accustom to making my position stressful as work gets backed up.
Pros
Work independently
Cons
Have to use vacation time for being sick, therefore not being able to schedule decent vacation.
Federal GSA Contractor for Defaulted Student Loans
Operations Manager (Former Employee) –  Kennesaw, GAFebruary 7, 2018
Great company.Great owners and a mindset to pay for performance. The company met all requirements to maintain a professional environment and encourage staff to excel. Very high paced but the employees that were not management could be a little unethical. The great part was that[ the management would correct any negative behavior immediately.
Pros
Compensation
Cons
Unethical employees causing drama and uncomfortable work enviroment
productive work place
Debt Collections Specialist (Former Employee) –  Wappingers Falls, NY 12590June 19, 2018
overall the job culture and environment isn't that great there's lots of negativity there and much of management doesnt really put forth effort into the employees they have working under them. if you work hard and keep to yourself then you might like this job.
Pros
hour long lunches
Cons
rude upper management
Horrible Place to work! Run.....
AWG Collector (Former Employee) –  Kennesaw, GADecember 18, 2018
Immediate Credit Recovery or ICR is a third-party collection agency specializing in student loan debt. ICR has received many complaints from consumers alleging violations of the Fair Debt Collections Practices Act (FDCPA) such as using inappropriate communication tactics and making threats.

ICR violations that include illegal disclosure of information, failure to verify debts,improper communication tactics, and making threats.

ICR’s failure to establish recurring authorization of electronic funds transfer before payments are taken from bank accounts violates the EFTA. A second charge attempted to establish ICR’s liability for violating the FDCPA’s provisions against “unfair or unconscionable means to collect or attempt to collect any debt.

debt collector attempts to collect more than you allowed for settlements
debt collectors attempt to intimidate you
Criminal accusations are being made
Use of obscene language during an attempt to collect such as cursing
Automated robocalls are being made to your phone in an attempt to collect without prior consent for dialer calls to cell phone

Phone messages are not being returned in 24 hours.
Pros
Cons
Too many to name
Stress free work environment
Administrate Clerk (Current Employee) –  Kennesaw, GAFebruary 2, 2018
A typical day at work includes preparing and distribute a variety of reports, ordering supplies, schedule appointments and distributing voice mails accordingly.
Pros
Free company outings and lunch
Cons
Health care benefits are expensive, same pay for 2 years
Stresful place
Former employee (Former Employee) –  Kennesaw, GASeptember 24, 2018
Low Pay, High health insurance cost, Stressful work place. Constant fear of losing there contract. Unfairly take money out bonus checks for what they say are violations.
fun but mainly worried about my work
Administrative compliance specialist (Former Employee) –  Wappingers Falls, NYJuly 5, 2018
Helped me learn skills that i could be able to use in any other jobs. I learned how to maintain patience with customers on the phone, I also learned how to balance and take my life with serious situations.
Pros
lunch breaks, dances, easily adapted to the work
Cons
Coworkers were not familiar with me.
Ok for a start but don't get stuck if you desire more
Administrative Resolution Specialist (Current Employee) –  Kennesaw, GAJanuary 21, 2018
my experience start off good, then turned bad with changes they say for the good of the company only. Changes that affects the non management employees. No increase in pay no matter how long employed. Not much of a pay increase in management positions. As long as you make money for the company you will keep a job.
Pros
8 hour shifts
Cons
Healthcare is expensive and not that good, no pay increases
Good pay/Bad everything else
Rehabilitation Specialist (Former Employee) –  Kennesaw, GAAugust 23, 2015
You had to work two late nights. The biggest problem here is management is absolutely lost and they do not take advice. When you do something to save the company a lot of money, management get the praise for it. If you do not like stress you cannot work here. This is a high level stress environment.
Pros
pay
Cons
management
nice place to work for
wage garnishment clerk (Former Employee) –  Kennesaw, GAJuly 19, 2016
easy work,great employees,from the managers to human resources. Benefits were great,hours were reasonable and I just loved the company as a whole.
Production Based Enviroment
Funding Administrative Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Kennesaw, GAMarch 6, 2018
This company has a lot of room for growth. Coming from someone who was promoted to Supervisor 3 months after being hired. The more work you put in the better your days will be.
growing but not there yet
Collector (Former Employee) –  Kennesaw, GAJanuary 29, 2018
a company that started off small really grew a lot in the last 5 years some of the mangers lack professional attitudes but they do have an adequate amount of good managers
Pros
if you want to advance they promote fast
Cons
managers are always right regardless
exceptional team of employees and exceptional work enviornment
Debt Recovery Specialist (Former Employee) –  Poughkeepsie, NYOctober 16, 2017
by far one of the best companies that I have worked with and there is much room for advancements and everyone helps everyone out if there is a question you are unsure of that one of the customers asks you someone will be able to help get the situation resolved
WORST place to work OUT of DOL compliance
Collection Agent (Former Employee) –  Wappingers Falls NYJanuary 15, 2015
Your learn FDCPA but you are threaten not to follow it why because the only goal is to collect the money at all cost even your own liability. Instruct you not to inform consumer of default option of 30 days but to get immediate payment due TODAY even if dialogue suggests dispute in accordance with FDCPA mandate. Moving forward with not using alas name even though employees are concerned with personal safety, no concern of employee safety at all. Benefits are horrible and not affordable in correlation to hourly rate of pay. Commission a scam not based on money collected but % of what they receive from institution so they say. Not compliant institutes employment at will unless you quit then you are required to provide two weeks notice hold PTO time hostige you don't get paid for earning and unused PTO if you don't give then two weeks notice. They target and get rid of employees who are too smart for them and see right thru what they are doing and their legal practices. Use suspension to prevent employees from being eligible to apply for advancement. Only a hand full of senior employees other less then one year because of they way the talk down to and treat employees unprofessionally and demeaning belittling based on hourly rate employees. Required to pay for medical insurance premium one month before eligibility illegally. Look for and retain employees in their early twenties who have no regard on how to protect themselves as they are easier to brainwash. Employees threaten of being fired and scared into doing what they want which is collect at all cost risking your own liability  more... interest. Vacation request limited to one week and can not include last day of the month. Work conditions slave labor to the fullest extreme you are told what to do at every moment including going to the bathroom. This has been observed and experienced at the Wappingers Falls NY location but have been told the same in GA locations. Senior management owner is in full agreement with these methods and he's only interested in the bottom dollar at all cost. Do your self a favor stay away at all costs. I was sadden to see young people with hardened hearts with no regard for human compassion after being brainwashed. They don't realize what is happening to them and what they are turning in to. This is the Devils lire.  less
Pros
Cons
EVERYTHING see details in write up - STAY AWAY
no comment
Collector (Current Employee) –  Kennesaw, GANovember 12, 2017
I started at Immediate Credit Recovery with an optimistic attitude. However, my overall experience is this company has an unprofessional environment. I appreciate the opportunity, but it is not a company I have a desire to continue with on my career path.
Productive and Fun Workplace
Collector (Former Employee) –  Wappingers Falls, NYJuly 24, 2013
All in all, I LOVED working here. Management was excellent and I learned a LOT about defaulted student loans, as well as tuition. A typical work day consisted of debtors either calling in to pay on their balance, or trying to locate debtors to try and advise them of their outstanding bill. My co-workers were some of the BEST! Always willing to help and always made the job less stressful. The hardest part of the job was trying to locate debtors and keeping them on the phone long enough to persuade them to pay their loans or tuition. When it came to the loans dept, we had to have a certain amount of settlements and rehabilitation set up in order to keep our job at the end of every 2 months (rolling average). The most enjoyable part of the job was when we weren't under stress and could make each other laugh and enjoy each other's company
Pros
Long Lunch Breaks
Cons
Not My Field of Study
n/a
CSR/Administrative Wage Garnishment (Former Employee) –  Marietta, GANovember 30, 2017
answering inbound outbound calls,setting payment arrangements answering question about defaulted student loans.maintaining personal goals, maintaining files,giving good scoring call call monitoring,handling up to 150 calls daily.