IMMUCOR, INC Employee Reviews

Great Place but needs work
Facility Design and Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Norcross, GAJanuary 19, 2019
I loved working at Immucor, it was my first professional home and I learned so much there. There is definitely room for improvement though and the culture needs to change. Upper management does not care about anyone else other than themselves and covering their butts. Communication is horrible and cross functional collaboration needs work. On the flip side, work schedules are flexible and compensation is good.
Pros
Flexible work schedule
Cons
no management support, lack of communication
Great Place to work, however Upper management doesn't make good decisions
Production Chemist (Former Employee) –  Waukesha, WIOctober 21, 2018
The company has great benefits and you get paid well. Most of the people working there are great and they care about what they do. The people actually doing the work are great at communicating with each other and collaborating to make sure product gets out the door. The higher up the chain you go the less collaboration there is and the more information is kept from those who need it. Management doesn't understand how to make good business decisions and as a result the employees suffer for it.
Pros
Great Benefits, good pay, people who care
Cons
Management makes poor decisions and employees suffer
Good
Facility Manager (Current Employee) –  Waukesha, WIOctober 8, 2018
Good culture, great atmosphere, co-workers are outstanding. Some disconnect because of quickly growing manufacturing areas and responsibilities. Over all a nice place to work.
Review Summary
Lab Technician (Former Employee) –  Waukesha, WISeptember 20, 2018
Lets just say, they did me bogus and a lot of other temps as well. They were unreasonable and since I was a temp, all the mistakes that occurred were all blamed on me because it's was easier to replace me than to get rid of a long-term hire.
Pros
In my field of work
Cons
bad communication
New owner/ New Expectations.
Customer Service Specialist (Former Employee) –  Waukesha, WIAugust 5, 2018
Fast paced, problem solver, phone person, order taker, shipping knowledge, billing knowledge, collections. Management was alittle unorganized. We had a workplace culture of making sure the customer was satisfied.
Pros
Loved the people I worked with.
Cons
Sometime no lunch breaks, alot of paperwork from other departments.
Enjoyed the Experience
Facility Maintenance Supervisor II (Former Employee) –  Norcross, GAJuly 4, 2018
Enjoyed working with the teams, the staff and contractors. Learned a lot of things about OSHA and FDA requirements and allways felt my contributions were valued
Pros
Allways had work to do
Cons
Allways had work to do
Immucor Gamma
Lead Vialing Technician (Former Employee) –  Norcross, GAJanuary 26, 2018
I loved working at Immucor for so many reasons and one of them was how management treated the employees with respect and dignity. A typical day at Immucor was relaxing and fun I enjoy going to work every day.
benefits
Cons
flawed product line and marketing direction
Molecular & Specialty Diagnostic Manager (Former Employee) –  Township of Warren, NJNovember 13, 2017
Dying company trying to sell or split up divisions. Revolving management door with no direction. Extremely short staffed making it impossible to meet or exceed job goals and expectations.
Pros
Cons
numerous
Work to Life Balance is awful.
Vialing Technician (Former Employee) –  Norcross, GANovember 1, 2017
From day one the training is terrible. Trainers do not want to train and they did not train. I learned my job through trial and error. Which in the end is extremely costly to the company, but management refused to address the issue. The staffers who have been with the company and should have experience are extremely rude to the new people. Without training and mentorship its difficult to be productive and be successful, therefore many people get frustrated and leave.

The work to life balance is non existent. You never know what time your going to get off. It became difficult to get time off due to the fact that it was always understaffed.
Great company to work for
Client Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Stamford, CTOctober 30, 2017
Great company and great place to work.

A typical day at work is checking emails from customers and responding to the customer needs.

The most enjoyable part of the job is interacting with the customer on a daily basis.
Pros
They recocnized employees when they do a good performance
Cons
N.A
Family oriented and fun place to work, great pay
Executive Assistant (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAOctober 16, 2017
I have worked at Immucor first as a contractor in 2 occasions and I was called back for a full time position. Unfortunately, after a few months, I was involved in a fall accident which has prohibited me from driving 26 miles each way to work on a daily basis. If it wasn't for the commute, I would have probably retired at Immucor. I enjoyed spending time at work there. They offer great benefits and the culture is so family oriented.
Pros
Free lunches, great environment, warm and friendly atmosphere
Cons
I get so busy that sometimes I eat at my desk.
I didn't meet one person that like the company
Supervisor/Manager (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAOctober 5, 2017
big turn over , someone leaving every week , hr could hire peolple before new employee would leave, 90% of employee's had been there less tha three years.
Overall poor working culture
Director (Former Employee) –  Norcross, GAOctober 3, 2017
Most departments worked in silos, not communicating or working with others. Management personnel were in fear of making a decisions. Poor technician job training led to multiple mistakes and errors.
Pros
Poor work culture
Cons
Good benefits
stressfull, but will learn alot for the experience
Manufacturing (Former Employee) –  Norcross, GASeptember 24, 2017
Working at Immucor can provide very great opportunities if you are willing to work hard. You will meeting a lot of great people. The employee recognition program was good.
Pros
provide great opportunities and new experience
Cons
Unexpected layoffs
Balanced productivity
Manufacturing Technician (Current Employee) –  Norcross, GASeptember 11, 2017
Production can be slow one week and busy the next. People are friendly overall, though workplace drama does happen within manufacturing. Benefits are fair, pay is good in many departments, and PTO + sick + personal day totals to approx. one month at start. Not much room to advance in many areas, though. Most lower management is understanding, but higher-ups have made awful department-wide and company-wide decisions more than once.
Pros
Flexible schedule, good pay, good PTO
Cons
Large layoff at once, many poor decisions from upper management
great people, lousy management
SOLID PHASE TECHNICIAN (Former Employee) –  Norcross, GASeptember 6, 2017
pros: They pay more than most companies. Your coworkers are usually knowledgeable and friendly. Cake every month for birthdays

Cons: little to no job advancement. treated like slaves at times. machines break down a lot. management could use a lot of work
A good place to work
Quality Assurance Specialist III (Former Employee) –  Waukesha, WIAugust 7, 2017
My experience at Immucor was brief, but I was allowed to learn a lot and grow. There are a lot of people there who really know their stuff. Overall good experience.
Pros
Celebrates the "small wins"
Cons
The commute
Love what Immucor stands for, wish for management to be trained
Blood Bank Technical Specialist (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJuly 30, 2017
Excellent company for what it provides to the medical community. However, they have not worked with management to provide training on how to mentor, be better supervisors/ managers and it comes across as stagnant and that they do not care about the employees.
Pros
Love the Blood Blood Banking industry and many wonderful minds work there
Cons
Not a bad company. Not a high stress job but no bonus programs.
Team Leader Field Service Engineer (Current Employee) –  Norcross, GAJuly 29, 2017
On the whole, I enjoy working for Immucor. The work isn't overly demanding, the pay isn't bad and it offers a good work life balance. What I don't like is that the raises are small, no bonus programs and it's hard to move up in the company.
Pros
Good work life balance
Cons
very small raises and no bonus programs
Work Life Balance
Lab Technician (Former Employee) –  Norcross, GAJuly 27, 2017
It was easy to balance my work and personal life. the people were very friendly and easy going. A great environment to work in to say the least!!!!!!