Immunogen

Working at Immunogen: 16 Reviews

United States16 reviews

Good Culture and high bonus

Founded 1981, with a long history, culture is mature and good. Though small size after laid off, no growing pain as other small company. Great benefit, flexible working hour

Pros

High bonus, great insurance without employee pay

Cons

Minimized size, short handed after laid off

Great culture. Fun outings. Meaningful work with like-minded people who want to make a difference.

Immunogen insights

What people like
  • Clear sense of purpose
  • Overall satisfaction
  • Ability to learn new things
Areas for improvement
  • Sense of belonging
  • Feeling of personal appreciation
  • Trust in colleagues

Résumé Builder and income booster - Bad for contractors

Old school biotech. Employees who have longer tenure are treated better than those who don't. Little respect for contractors. Nepotism and favoritism definitely at play. The only pro is a paycheck to pay the bills and being giving an opportunity to work and contribute to the community. Be prepared to be mistreated as a contractor. If you need money, take the job while looking with something better. The environment is so toxic that staying there is insane! Company is not doing well, has gone with several rounds layoffs.Prepare your exit plan strategically and run for the hills!

Pros

A paycheck to pay the bills. An opportunity to work and contribute to the community.

Cons

Be prepared to be mistreated as a contractor, If you need money, take and do the job while looking with something better, the environment is so toxic that staying there is insane! Company is not doing well, has gone with several rounds layoffs.

Most of my co-workers were freshly out of college and you could tell.

Nice place to work. It was young then and the priorities changed frequently. They were open to new ideas, ways of writing validation documents and testing equipment.

Great Company

Great company and environment. Team oriented and highly driven. High worker's morale, and enjoyed speaking and working collaboratively. I was aligned with the company's mission in creating a resolution to a long term illness. My coworkers became family.

Great team and a good place to learn and work

There is a lot to learn at Immunogen. The team support and work culture are great. There is a good work- life balance and scope to participate in planning, execution and analysis of the work. On a whole, great place to work.

I very enjoy working with the people and the environment in Immunogen

Great company to work, with clear target focused on its mission to deliver hope to patients. Within the two years since I joined, I have learned a lot from the projects I am supporting. I feel my work becomes more meaningful to improve human health.

Productive and awesome work place

Awesome work environment, great colleagues, leading in patient care. I had no problems at Immunogen, had awesome supervisor. Teamwork is one to praise.

Very Productive and engaging work environment

ImmunoGen is a great place to work. As long as you are a hard working, goal oriented individual you will succeed here. The extremely flexible hours enabled me to keep my work/life in balance.

What i learned

I liked Immunogen because of their liberal culture. I was a very busy person, and i loved it. I could learn alot about EDMS in two softwares that makes me proud of being part of Immunogen. I was learning and working about different aspects of EDMS-CATSWEB, Sharepoint, QUMAS EDMS, Adobe Professional.

Pros

Free drinks

Cons

I was laid off after five years of hard work.

Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Immunogen?

Best people company to work for ever

People here listen to your ideas and treat you as part of a team. They put family before business, but understand the importance of the job and saving lives of people with cancer.

Pros

You are respected here

Cons

They don't compensate their contractors as much as you're worth

Plenty of talented co-workers within the Quality Control group, maintained a robust productivity schedule without too much time spent repeating results.

Good pay, no respect

Company is trying to become a fully integrated biotech/pharma with little to no internal pipeline. Resources driven away from R&D which really has driven technology/value of the company. Major silo effect developing which is slowing down decision making and progress. Things may eventually improve, but this transition period is rough on moral. Senior management is distant and highly indecisive. They play favorites with certain employees. HR is highly vindictive. CEO is very nice, though, just maybe relies too much on the advice of others.... Coworkers are friendly and helpful in general.

Pros

pay and benefits are excellent

Cons

culture of company is changing much too rapidly

Productive yet relaxing environment

Overall a good place to work with decent compensation but excellent benefits. More like a family working together than as a business, very friendly co-workers.

Pros

Great benefits

Cons

Low salary

Good Company

Very Science oriented company with strong research and personnel.

N/a

Contact me for more detailsNothingOnly at company for less than a year

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Immunogen. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.7 out of 5 stars for Compensation/Benefits

Learn about Immunogen in popular locations

• Immunogen