Immunotek Employee Reviews

Low-class
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Little Rock, AROctober 4, 2018
This job is a notch above fast-food service and extremely similar to a manufacturing plant. In fact, a plasma donation center is considered a manufacturing facility and not a medical facility. The daily focus is on meeting or exceeding production numbers, and establishing a fully-functional center to sell off to another company.
Career advancement is not realistic for most employees (a) because most don’t stay that long once they realize how the center operates and (b) because this is a favoritism heavy industry. People who probably shouldn’t be promoted are. It’s the norm for managers to be covered in tattoos and speak unprofessionally. Not equating one with the other but the two seem to coincide here a lot.
Expect long hours, repetitive tasks, and a revolving door of new employees. I wasn’t even able to perform my job fully because it was so unorganized. I was spoken to rudely by management on several occasions . Also, the ratio of women to men is disproportionate and creates an environment of gossip and cliques. It’s not good at all.
Pros
Cons
Micromanagement, intense production focus, unorganized
DONT DO IT, cutthroat, unorganized.
Phlebotomist (Former Employee) –  Ft. Pierce, FLSeptember 13, 2018
Dont waste you life on this place. Its all about the money..Using poor people to make tons of money. Low pay employees, when they makes tons of money.
Pros
benefits maybe.
Cons
unorganized, poor management, overworked underpaid.
Promised you the moon but never delivered.
Phlebotomist (Former Employee) –  N. CAROLINASeptember 6, 2018
I have worked in many environments but this was the craziest by far. The training was very limited but you were expected to do the job without supervision. They have five chiefs for every indian working. The management is laughable. The company opens new centers then sells them off to competitors. Its amazing that this company is able to even be in the business of plasma donation.
Pros
New equipment and clean buildings.
Cons
Forced overtime. Horrible training. Pathetic management.
Interesting work place
Doner Center Technician (Former Employee) –  Meridian, MSAugust 26, 2018
Meet hundreds off new people daily. Get to learn new things on a day to day basis. Very fast paced work place. Get to help donors donate plasma to be used to help sick people. I learned so much there.
Pros
Meet new people everyday
Cons
needs more space in between donor beds
toxic work atmosphere
DCT/ Processor (Former Employee) –  Fort Pierce, FLAugust 9, 2018
I read the reviews before I took the position. I said to myself "its all in the eye of the beholder" I was wrong. Worst Job I ever had. I have never had a job where I felt so insignificant. Management gets a bonus for so many donors every week, so they will let people in past closing. This company doesnt care about their employees whatsoever. The benefits are a joke. Managment is all inadequate because the company is cheap. Some crazy mischief goes down in this sketchy job. This place was good for one thing. It encouraged me to finish my associates.
Pros
consecutive overtime and a paycheck
Cons
underpaid, overworked, long hours, monotanous work, sketchy
Not long term!
Physician Substitute (Former Employee) –  Irving, TXAugust 8, 2018
This is a temporary job unless you have no education and have no other choice but to make it work. Your Co workers will be lazy, and management is not resourceful. Everyone will know your business and even your salary because management tells any and everyone who inquires before you even start your very first shift. The benefits are insulting and there’s no room for advancement unless you want to take a pay cut with more liability. Insane right ... Don’t come thinking you can take the donors safely seriously because they will be put at risk, daily just so they can meet their donation goal. Leave your morals at the door and be prepared to repent every night .If you just need a check then this is your place but have an attorney on speed dial because this place is SHADYYYYYY!
Pros
A check
Cons
Everything else
Horrible place to work
Physician Substitute (Former Employee) –  Greenacres, FLJuly 18, 2018
Most of the staff are ex cons, and habitual drug users. They hire convicted felons here. If you enjoy working with drug addicts and the homeless then this is the place for you.
Pros
Cons
All of the above
Was able to work from home
Regulatory Specialist (Former Employee) –  Lafayette, LAJuly 13, 2018
A growing company that was able to allow work from home. Training was difficult at times due to internet connectivity. Prompt responses from direct report with answers to questions.
Pros
able to work from home
Cons
no benefits for part time employees
Loved my coworkers, but
Quality Assurance Specialist (Former Employee) –  Bradenton, FLJuly 1, 2018
Repetitive. Lazy management, i felt like i was working by myself most days. horrible unfriendly work environment after the new center director took over.
Poor management and workplace environment
Donor Center Technician (Former Employee) –  Anderson, SCJune 16, 2018
The job itself was enjoyable and most of the day was spent working with donors, which was great for those that like working with people (myself included).

However, management was incredibly rude and played favorites with hires that they knew personally. They would call out any issues or try and discipline employees in front of other workers and donors in the middle of the day. They will change scheduling with little to no warning and do not coordinate with other managers. Meaning that there were many tasks and schedules assigned to employees that they were then reprimanded for because another manager was not aware or refused to believe them.
Stay away
Physician Substitute (Former Employee) –  Fort Pierce, FLJune 1, 2018
Immunotek provides lots of training, but then does not follow what they teach. They very much preach DONOR SAFETY, but I saw many instances where donor safety was completely ignored. There's so much wrong there, it'd take much too long to list them all. Management sucks!
Pros
Zilch
Long Work Hours
Phlebotomist (Former Employee) –  Hickory, NCMay 30, 2018
Few breaks, hard to get time off. Have to work weekends. Schedule of hours change too frequently. No stability. High turn over rate. Training isn't helpful
It was okay but it wasn't for me
Donor Center Technician (Former Employee) –  Irving, TXMay 29, 2018
It was an okay company but it wasn't for me. The long hours, plus having to be told when I could go home, I didn't like it because I feel like if my schedule says 9 to 5:30 then at 5:30 I shouldn't be asked to do more work unless I indicate that I would like overtime. I like having the freedom to choose my own lunches and would like to be able to take a break seeing as though you're on your feet for 8 or more hours a day. The coworkers were okay and its an okay company but I quickly realized this wasn't the job for me.
Pros
You're almost guaranteed overtime regardless of whether you want it or not
Cons
Long hours, not enough compensation, no breaks, feels like you're working in a sweatshop
Not for everone. Long hours pay not compatable for the long hours and hassel u get each day because every day it changes. Its all about money .
Donor Support Technician (Current Employee) –  Fort Pierce, FLMay 26, 2018
Long hard hours short pay and mismanagement thats what its all about. Poor people needing money , rich get richer poor get poorer. So very sad. People in poverty selling themselves for a need to live not for the donation to help others.
Pros
People get a job for a time as most hate it there.
Cons
No time for family or school.
Nice coworkers
Physician Substitute (Current Employee) –  Fort Pierce, FLMay 7, 2018
When I arrived for my interview I noticed every single employee was smiling and the atmosphere was relaxed. I knew instantly I would accept the job. My main duty is donor safety and suitability. Managers are very knowledgeable and helpful. The most enjoyable part of my job are the other two Phys Subs I work with. They are fun to work with.
Pros
Employees are genuine and helpful. Have not seen any back stabbing
Cons
Wish we opened at 7:00am and closed at 5:00pm
Fast Pace
Phlebotomist/DesignatedTrainer (Former Employee) –  FloridaMay 1, 2018
In a shift I could have different things going on, training a new staff, performing phlebotomy, re stocking, keeping everything clean and free of blood, QC every morning, other than a 30 minute break all day on my feet no sitting allowed. I enjoyed the donors and the time spent talking with them. The culture is that of very little structure, not very classy and professional and depending on management rules not enforced.
Pros
better pay than other phlebotomy positions I had in the past
Cons
Cannot sit entire shift.
Lousy training
Donor Center Technician (Former Employee) –  GeorgiaApril 2, 2018
No consistency for training at all. Training is all over the place from day to day. fighting and animosity among the quality/corporate workers and the other workers. No consistency in any rules of the workplace at all. Too much favoritism. Quality picks and chooses when they want to turn a blind eye, management as well. Terrible training and lack of communication. Rude comments and terrible language used even in front of donors. False documentation on donor files daily.
Save your dignity and don’t apply
Collector (Former Employee) –  Fort Pierce, FLMarch 21, 2018
It took forever to hear anything back after an application was submitted, took two weeks to get a drug test results back very poor communication with HR via email. Please do yourself a favor and don’t apply to this company. The background company that they use will find any little possible thing on you and use it against you to make you look like a horrible person, something as small as a speeding ticket and wonder why it’s on your record they want you to have it expunged before you can even apply. In my opinion it is a terrible way to do business, they have so many job openings because they can’t find enough people to work for such a low pay. I wouldn’t recommend this company to anyone not even to utilize the plasma center, there are much better / cleaner plasma centers around.
Good for over time
Screener (Former Employee) –  Irving, TXMarch 1, 2018
Work over all was a good place, a little stressful at times, but its a good place to work especially if you're tying to get extra hours in. However, management doesn't put people to work while expecting others to do so. Typically under staffed and the company sometimes complains about over time. Leaving the closing staff to struggle for its own once the earlier shift is obligated to leave at their time. But other than a few lazy unmanaged people the company is good.
Pros
Over time
Cons
Just a job to have for experiences
SCREENING SPECIALIST (SUPERVISOR) (Former Employee) –  Irving, TXFebruary 11, 2018
Job starts off great until they work the dog out of you and if you not close to manager or Director kissing butt they will treat you unfairly, the employee's that work hard gets mistreated and the employee's that kiss butt and dont work gets treated right. If you stand your ground they will find ways to rid of you for as termination..
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
Work you like a dog, and set you up for termination unexpectedly..

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Immunotek. Our community is ready to answer.

2.6