Immunotek Employee Reviews

Poor management and workplace environment
Donor Center Technician (Former Employee) –  Anderson, SCJune 16, 2018
The job itself was enjoyable and most of the day was spent working with donors, which was great for those that like working with people (myself included).

However, management was incredibly rude and played favorites with hires that they knew personally. They would call out any issues or try and discipline employees in front of other workers and donors in the middle of the day. They will change scheduling with little to no warning and do not coordinate with other managers. Meaning that there were many tasks and schedules assigned to employees that they were then reprimanded for because another manager was not aware or refused to believe them.
Stay away
Physician Substitute (Former Employee) –  Fort Pierce, FLJune 1, 2018
Immunotek provides lots of training, but then does not follow what they teach. They very much preach DONOR SAFETY, but I saw many instances where donor safety was completely ignored. There's so much wrong there, it'd take much too long to list them all. Management sucks!
Pros
Zilch
Long Work Hours
Phlebotomist (Former Employee) –  Hickory, NCMay 30, 2018
Few breaks, hard to get time off. Have to work weekends. Schedule of hours change too frequently. No stability. High turn over rate. Training isn't helpful
Not for everone. Long hours pay not compatable for the long hours and hassel u get each day because every day it changes. Its all about money .
Donor Support Technician (Current Employee) –  Fort Pierce, FLMay 26, 2018
Long hard hours short pay and mismanagement thats what its all about. Poor people needing money , rich get richer poor get poorer. So very sad. People in poverty selling themselves for a need to live not for the donation to help others.
Pros
People get a job for a time as most hate it there.
Cons
No time for family or school.
Nice coworkers
Physician Substitute (Current Employee) –  Fort Pierce, FLMay 7, 2018
When I arrived for my interview I noticed every single employee was smiling and the atmosphere was relaxed. I knew instantly I would accept the job. My main duty is donor safety and suitability. Managers are very knowledgeable and helpful. The most enjoyable part of my job are the other two Phys Subs I work with. They are fun to work with.
Pros
Employees are genuine and helpful. Have not seen any back stabbing
Cons
Wish we opened at 7:00am and closed at 5:00pm
Fast Pace
Phlebotomist/DesignatedTrainer (Former Employee) –  FloridaMay 1, 2018
In a shift I could have different things going on, training a new staff, performing phlebotomy, re stocking, keeping everything clean and free of blood, QC every morning, other than a 30 minute break all day on my feet no sitting allowed. I enjoyed the donors and the time spent talking with them. The culture is that of very little structure, not very classy and professional and depending on management rules not enforced.
Pros
better pay than other phlebotomy positions I had in the past
Cons
Cannot sit entire shift.
Lousy training
Donor Center Technician (Former Employee) –  GeorgiaApril 2, 2018
No consistency for training at all. Training is all over the place from day to day. fighting and animosity among the quality/corporate workers and the other workers. No consistency in any rules of the workplace at all. Too much favoritism. Quality picks and chooses when they want to turn a blind eye, management as well. Terrible training and lack of communication. Rude comments and terrible language used even in front of donors. False documentation on donor files daily.
Save your dignity and don’t apply
Collector (Former Employee) –  Fort Pierce, FLMarch 21, 2018
It took forever to hear anything back after an application was submitted, took two weeks to get a drug test results back very poor communication with HR via email. Please do yourself a favor and don’t apply to this company. The background company that they use will find any little possible thing on you and use it against you to make you look like a horrible person, something as small as a speeding ticket and wonder why it’s on your record they want you to have it expunged before you can even apply. In my opinion it is a terrible way to do business, they have so many job openings because they can’t find enough people to work for such a low pay. I wouldn’t recommend this company to anyone not even to utilize the plasma center, there are much better / cleaner plasma centers around.
Good for over time
Screener (Former Employee) –  Irving, TXMarch 1, 2018
Work over all was a good place, a little stressful at times, but its a good place to work especially if you're tying to get extra hours in. However, management doesn't put people to work while expecting others to do so. Typically under staffed and the company sometimes complains about over time. Leaving the closing staff to struggle for its own once the earlier shift is obligated to leave at their time. But other than a few lazy unmanaged people the company is good.
Pros
Over time
Cons
Just a job to have for experiences
SCREENING SPECIALIST (SUPERVISOR) (Former Employee) –  Irving, TXFebruary 11, 2018
Job starts off great until they work the dog out of you and if you not close to manager or Director kissing butt they will treat you unfairly, the employee's that work hard gets mistreated and the employee's that kiss butt and dont work gets treated right. If you stand your ground they will find ways to rid of you for as termination..
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
Work you like a dog, and set you up for termination unexpectedly..
fun workplace
Phlebotomist Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Irving, TXJanuary 30, 2018
enjoy staff and also donors. fast paced environment
the job is fun and stressful, The plasma industry can have a fast turnaround rate and is always short of staff. Any individual who choose to work for Immunotek shall know that overtime is given all the time
nice place to work
Plasma Processor trainer/ Phlebotomist (Former Employee) –  Greenville, NCJanuary 26, 2018
very exciting workplace, fast paced, very interesting people you meet on a daily basis, a lot of long hours but well worth the time really miss my co- workers
Pros
fun atmosphere
Cons
freezer is very cold
A lot of Favoritism on the job
Donor Center Technician (Former Employee) –  Greenville, NCJanuary 16, 2018
A typical day at work would be trying to wrangle up someone to assist you with your training, everyday. No understanding of situations which occur outside of the job. The most enjoyable part of the job was seeing the donors. The donors made the job fun while the "seasoned" employees made the job feel more like a high school than a professional workplace.
Good workplace to gain experience and advancement
Donor Floor Technician (Former Employee) –  Ocala, FLJanuary 13, 2018
Overall working here was rewarding. I enjoyed working with donors and the management was excellent. The cons would be the amount of paperwork required and the regulations regarding paperwork.
Friendly, supportive, and interesting place to work.
Screening Specialist (Former Employee) –  Irving, TXJanuary 9, 2018
This company is an interesting place to work. The staff is always willing to make sure the clients are satisfied and kept up to date on how their procedure is progressing. Staff is trained in house by other employees and all staff is encouraged to learn and work in all areas of the business. I definitely would recommend anyone interested in this field to apply with this company.
Pros
Pay, supportive center management
Cons
Short breaks, very busy
Not a place for a long term job
Phlebotomist, *Plasma Processor (Current Employee) –  Kissimmee, FLNovember 6, 2017
* Fast environment
* Good opportunities to learn and to get experience.
* Management seems nice but they are not interested in the employee benefits at all.
* It is a very nice and clean place
* The hardest part of working there is to learn every step of every area without errors.
* The most enjoyable part of working there is having the opportunity to meet different people and knowing that what are you doing is to help others.
*That is not a place to everybody because you need to work with some donors and visitors that have poor hygienic.
Pros
Clean place, sometimes they bring donuts and food.
Cons
Poor package of benefits and they are not interested on the benefits of the employee.
productive place to work
Phlebotomist/machine technician/Trainer (Former Employee) –  Kissimmee, FL 34741October 13, 2017
fun and face passed work environment. meet new people everyday while saving lives. management works well with team. Overall a great place to be if you are new to the plasma industry. You learn something new everyday
A whole new world!
Physician substitute/LPN (Current Employee) –  Lakeworth, FLOctober 2, 2017
Going from working in skilled nursing facilities to working t a plasma center really is just a complete 360. The plasma world and FDA regulations are completely different. The job is not so intense because we are generally dealing with healthy donors coming in and not taking care of ill patients. The plasma center is not considered a treatment center. At the end of the day my sole responsibility was to ensure that new donors could safely donate based upon certain criteria and that their plasma would be safe to use for life saving medications. When you are used to having multiple patients who are ill and need care in a timely manner this job can seem a lot less stressful. At the same time though medical was always butting heads with management and very micro managed as if we were hired for insurance purposes. It could have been better with a more team focused goal.
Horrible place to work
Physician Substitute (Former Employee) –  Longview, TXSeptember 23, 2017
They send you away for training for a month then tell you to forget everything you learned. Management treats you as if there are no other jobs available and you basically have to do what they say. Certain positions like phys subs have very limited advancement opp. Nothing is private. When you are reprimanded the entire job knows. It is stressful. Sometimes you can work up to 12 hour days. The staff is petty. I would not recommend working here to anyone.
Cons
Long hours, bad management
My center is a good one everyone work well together and we trying to get our numbers up.
Screener (Current Employee) –  Meridian, MSSeptember 11, 2017
My training was awesome I had an amazing trainer and I have awesome management. I really don't know what the future holds because we are a new center but we are off to a great start.
Pros
Awesome work environment
Cons
Need more donors

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Immunotek. Our community is ready to answer.

2.8