iMobile Employee Reviews

2.9
Ratings breakdown
perfomanceand metric driven company
Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Hanover, PAJune 13, 2018
You can make a ton of money if you are performance driven and can achieve the goals that the set for you. If you are not good at hitting goals and pushing a team to achieve metrics and goals then this is not the place that you want to work
Pros
lots of money to be made
Cons
high goals
They want you to lie to your customers.
Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Harrisburg, PAApril 7, 2018
This place is a joke. They teach you how to lie and cheat customers out if their money. The company also uses you till you are no good to them or people stop liking you, you are out the door. So don't wasted your time. And the commission structure is a joke you need to hit stupid extra goals to get commission you already earned. They try really hard to take that away from you.
Pros
Absolutely Non.
Cons
Imoblie period.
Trash Company
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Middletown, NYNovember 8, 2017
I worked here foe 7 mouths .. And I was always they top sealer .. but all they did was Complain that you are not doing better .. that I'm falling off
Pros
Commission
Cons
Poor Management
Poor upper management. Store management was amazing, and the work was faced paced and competitive.
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Athens, OHOctober 7, 2017
Store management was amazing, and the work was faced paced and competitive. Hard to find a work/life balance with this company. Company constantly had you switching your focus from one objective to another. Upper corporate management made promises they can't keep, and you will receive job threatening emails often if quotas aren't met. If you're into sales, and are a good sales person, this is for you.
Cons
Poor work/life balance
Not For The Faint of Heart
Retail Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  MAJuly 5, 2017
Be prepared to work, and work hard. iMobile expects you to be on top of your game and ready to sell aggressively to any and all customers. Be ready for being the salesman of the year because if you are not looking for business and driving business to yourself then this job isn't for you.
Look for a corporate sprint
Assistant Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Moline, ILJune 18, 2017
I was an assistant manager for this company. They do not like to pay you for the work you've done. I've seen sales people not get paid for their commission. They will say they will pay but they have every excuse not to pay. HE was a joke they didn't care about you. They would just try to replace you. I left the company to work for Verizon. A lot better pay and hours.
Pros
Never seeing your district manager
Cons
The whole company is a joke
Not the best place to be
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Hollywood, CAJune 1, 2017
Upper management expects you to make last minute changes to schedule, requiring that you stay for extended hours. They mandate that your schedule be completed 3 weeks in advance but reserve the right to change it with 2 hour notice.

Sales ethics are very shady. Telling you to tell your customers that pricing to get a phone is 5 times more than what it really is, simply just to sell accessories.

The company lies to customers telling them that devices are free, however they dont disclose how much the customer pays for the data.
Worst job I've ever had.
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Denver, COMay 29, 2017
The company constantly decreases commission payouts, or sets goals to earn commission too high to reach. Constant management turnover, chaos in corporate structure and goals. Business has been on constant down slide, and company pushes associates to rip customers off with add ons.
Pros
Complete lack of supervision, flexible schedule
Cons
literally everything else.
Good job. Just needs more room for advancement
Lead Sales Rep (Current Employee) –  Carlisle, PAFebruary 24, 2017
A typical day would start out as do a quick store audit, submit bank deposits, store touch ups, and such before opening. All day becomes mostly working on sales or looking for sales. If the store is slow, I would make cold calls. Attempting to create business, or stand outside giving away freebees to draw attention and bring in potential sales that would not come in otherwise.

I have learned alot with my entire 6 year career with Sprint and the 3 different companies under Sprint that I was switched between. Customer Solutions, with keeping all customers calm in tough times, and create the best customer service experience possible. Showing the customer that I am there to help them. Not just make a quick buck. I have learned that with sales, there is no easy sale if you become an order taker. Always need to pitch anything that your have to offer for the customer to make as much potential sales available.

The hardest part of the job is when you have those few difficult customers that will not take no for an answer when what they want is impossible. I will work towards the best solution possible, but some customers will not take the options within my power.

But the best part is when you get a great team that works really well together. That can help each other sale and create opportunities. A well rounded team makes for a very productive day. Even for those slow days.
Great learning experience
Assistant Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Lodi, NJFebruary 14, 2017
At Imobile I learned a lot and grew in terms of business management and understanding sales trends and customer needs and the constant need to keep current to make a profit.
Work life balance is a joke
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJanuary 23, 2017
If you have a family this company doesn't care. All they care about is making their money.
Endless emails as well as conference calls whether you've clocked in or out already.
Good pay if you work in a fast paced store
Assistant Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Littleton, CODecember 1, 2016
Was good at first then management changed and the job went down the toilet. Impossible expectations for sales goals. Decent pay if you are at a high traffic store. Do not care about your life outside of work. Good benefits for management.
Pros
Decent pay if at a high traffic store
Cons
No work/life balance
Advanced but not worth it
Sales Representative/ Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  New York, NYNovember 1, 2016
The staff i had were incredible.
Colleagues were helpful when i was a manager
Upper management were questionable
Worked like a slave
Pay was ehh
Didn't offer much benefits
I was able to advance quickly but again worked like a slave
Bad management. All they want to do Frauds
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  New York, NYAugust 7, 2016
This company is all about frauds. I worked in this company as a store manager. They just want Gross profit. All they want you do just add new lines and customers accounts. And want per box. They want $40 dollar accessories . Every upgrade and new activation you do. They want you charge them. Its crazy. They asked customer for Money. Saying that its new york TAXES. And they don't give receipts. Its crazy. Just in simple words. All frauds. If you don't do frauds. You cant work
A great start up job, or for between careers.
Sprint Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Nottingham, MDJune 2, 2016
When pay changes, attitudes change.

I entered the iMobile workforce after a drastic pay change. The commission structure changed from raw sales to meeting metrics based on Sprint's demand of their third party retailers.

Meeting metrics, which determines pay, is the hardest part of this job for me. Everything else comes rather naturally. If you own a phone, have worked retail, and have decent customer service skills, you could probably handle this job.

The co-workers that I write about will not be the ones you speak to, as my location is undergoing a large shift in employees. We run the entire gambit of people you would meet in a Baltimore suburb. There are middle aged men working for this company, young girls who you would see walking around in malls, there are tech-geeks, and there are hustlers. Sometimes, they are all four things at once ( give or take being a guy or girl).

This job will give you the opportunity to help people who are distressed. It will challenge you to fix things that aren't actually broken, and convince angry people of your sincerity. If you can do these things, and add a new Sprint device to every person's bill you will make wildly large paychecks.

The management at my particular store is amazing. She is motivated to help us succeed (because she gets paid on store performance) and she's also very competitive with the other stores.

I'd work here forever if I wasn't trying to start a family and needed more money. Single professionals who are between jobs or want to get into the cellular business should work here. Professionals
  more... with families and lots of debt should probably start at Management or higher.  less
Pros
commission bonuses, regular schedule, work inside mall, busy evenings
Cons
Performance metrics (payment penalties), slow days
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  South Portland, MEApril 14, 2016
I have been working here for a little over a couple months and I have to say that this has been the best place I have ever worked my store manager is amazing, even when he's not around he is willing to help and answer questions if you call him, along with that everyone I work with has an amazing attitude and is always willing to help and make sure you understand how to do certain things and will help explain if you don't along with sharing some sales to help get your numbers up. I have had several jobs but with this one I have finally found a company that im glad to get up in the morning to go to, and that i like to represent. i saw some cons being numbers but if you have that right mind set then those numbers are just a challenge for you to excel in.
Pros
great manager/ team
Cons
non that i know of
A Job is a Job
sales rep (Former Employee) –  Vineland, NJJuly 14, 2015
You would start your day off by clock in and do a daily opening checklist. Now that is done your day begins as soon as that gate goes up at 10 am. The management was OK and the co-workers were all cool and down to earth. The hardest part of the work day was dealing with phone issues by triaging them all day and some irate customers.
Pros
commission
Cons
testy customers, monthly goals and reports
it was fun
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Revere, MAMay 29, 2015
i like working there , the manager was nice and the other employees were friendly and everyday was challenging and we had fun and it was motivating to make our goals
A Day at Work
Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Davenport, IowaMay 4, 2015
Daily routine consists of delivering deposit, reporting it back to the higher reps, daily inventory scans, shipments and more. All while providing customer service and coaching employees under me on how to maximize their sales.
Pros
independent work
Cons
constant emails
Always changing
District Manager (Current Employee) –  new york nyOctober 14, 2014
Small company that is growing and aggressive.
Visit locations daily throughout the tri state area.