Impact Fire Services
Happiness rating is 55 out of 100

Working at Impact Fire Services: 48 Reviews

United States48 reviews

companyemployeepeoplepaymanagementworkingjobwork

Amazing company incredible career opportunity

Featured review

Impact Fire Services selected this as a representative review
Impact fire services is by far one of the best Fire safety companies to work for in Austin They said a high standard of workmanship quality of workmanship the team is highly motivating and supportive Right now they are the leaders in fire safety in Austin everyone every company Is hiring impact fire services to finish their build outs and do with the fire Marshal I love impact fire services I would work there again if given the opportunity it's amazing place

Pros

Company lunches

Cons

There are non

December 12, 2022
Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback. We are happy to hear that your experience with Impact Fire and the Austin office is positive. The team works hard to create a great place to work and our Austin office is an excellent example.

good place to work and flexible

Good Place to work. Pay could be better but overall nice place to work and workers are awesome. Managers have your back. You are on own boss on road..

December 12, 2022
Thank you for your feedback! Impact Fire strives to offer an overall positive and safe work environment while providing staff with proper tools, resources and autonomy to get the job done each day! Thank you for all you do!

Impact Fire Services insights

Areas for improvement
  • Support from manager
  • Inclusive work environment
  • Sense of belonging

Some good people.

A good company that got bought out and needs to get better. Needs onsite management and more caring people. If they tell you going to do something they should follow thru on it.

September 7, 2022
Thank you for your feedback. We realize that change as a result of an acquisition is challenging. It is our goal to provide personal support to each and every employee as they transition to Impact Fire. If you would like to provide more information to the HR team confidentially, please contact your local HR Rep at HR@aifire.com.

Great people. Poor management. Un-organized.

The people at impact fire in Greensboro are great. Down to earth and easy to get along with. Company has decent pay. The only problem is impact fire is un-organized. Also they are very redundant.

Okay hours

Terrible pay, overwhelming. Too much work and little pay. Collections was terrible and stressful. The office was always a mess filled with tons of paperwork

Pros

Lunch Friday’s

Cons

Low pay

Half and half

This branch is ran by the best boss I have ever had. Unfortunately they spread everyone VERY thin, and are limited on hiring by corporate. They load up their managers with way to much responsibility for one person and push them to quitting and or stepping down, not on purpose of course.

Pros

Great people, great GM

Cons

Health insurance is expensive if you have a family.

June 27, 2022
Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback on your experience working at Impact Fire! We strive to be an employer of choice and sorry to hear that your experience with the company was not to your satisfaction. Each branch location has autonomy to run their business and the local management team makes the decision on hiring. Please consider reaching out to us confidentially at HR @aifire.com to answer any questions or concerns.

Co workers were all really nice. Laid back, no micro management

Overall it was a good company that takes care of their employees. Not much training provided. Sister company is Academy Fire or AI Fire. Nice staff, helpful

Pros

Options to work from home or go to the office, nice staff

Cons

Not much training provided

February 10, 2022
Thank you for providing your feedback! If you have any questions or want to learn more about our training and education programs, please visit our Careers Website to learn about our apprenticeship and mentoring programs.

Productive and Great place to work

I’ve been in the fire protection field for 10 yrs.Moving to Impact was the best decision I’ve made in a long time.Management is there to help not hinder my job.I wake up happy to go to work every day.

Pros

Management and communication

Cons

None come to mind

October 18, 2021
Thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback on working with Impact Fire! We continue to strive to create a great place to work and happy to hear that you enjoy being part of the team!

Productive place to work. For the most part I enjoy my job.

Pays well. Treated with respect. Get to make own schedule. Flexible schedules. As a service tech get to take home vehicle Leave from home, with little office time. Company phone and tabletPaperless paper work.

March 8, 2021
Thank you for taking the time to leave feedback on your experience working at Impact Fire. It is great to hear that you are enjoying your time working with us!

Great Team!

Enjoyed working with the technicians and office staff. Was offered a better opportunity and took it. They don't want to give you a raise unless you threaten to leave.

Pros

Great people

Cons

Pay Scale

March 8, 2021
Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback on your experience working at Impact Fire. It is a very competitive market and we strive to continuously improve job satisfaction and overall compensation and benefits and hope you would consider working for us again in the future! If you would like to discuss your matter directly, please don't hesitate to contact our HR team at HR@aifire.com.

they would lie about taking care of people and just use them

Impact was great at the begging up until they change management, after that the employees were nothing but a number i work there a long time and year after year they promise changes that never happen its a toxic environment to work at. the management only care for there pockets and nothing else.

Pros

they give you the right tools for the job

Cons

they don't care for anyone, we are just a number to them and will replace you as soon as they can

March 8, 2021
Thank you for providing feedback on your experience working at Impact Fire. We apologize your time with us was not satisfactory. If you would like to discuss in more detail, please contact our HR team at HR@aifire.com.

Vanilla

Worked here for about two years, seen a lot of people come and go. That should’ve been my sign. I stayed to long. Ended up being railroaded and lied on. I did my job. Everything I was asked of and more. I can only speak for myself, but, it left a really bad taste in my mouth. Don’t trust management. If you don’t go hunting and fishing with those guys, they’ll throw you under a train. And even if you do hang, the bus is on it’s way. (I shouldn’t have to explain that.)

Pros

Off on weekends, and holidays

Performing on eggshells

Work-life balanceWork-life balance at Impact Fire Services is extremely poor. Management seems to never sleep, some are there from 5am and some stay till midnight. And even at home they send emails all hours hoping for answers and responses.Pay & benefitsMy pay and benefits at Impact Fire Services are.. pay was fair.Job security and advancementIn terms of job security at Impact Fire Services, I think Its extremely poor. New managers the accounting division gets at the corporate office pretty much lets go of all the staff. In the last year maybe only ONE PERSON is there from the beginning of the year. They hire and fire and have Temps come and go. Obviously its management and not the people.ManagementIn general, the accounting manager at Impact Fire Services is impossible to please. They require you to log what you do all day every 30 minutes for months on end. No matter how well you do, if he no longer likes you he nit picks at everything you do. Until he hs an excuse to let you go. Process are a disaster, yet you are expected to perform. From server issues, to syncing cloud issues, to inbox invoice received issues.CultureCollaboration with my colleagues at Impact Fire Services was awesome. The staff all get along, family friendly environment. Really liked my co workers.OverallMy experience working at Impact Fire Services started out with one manager, and a good healthy environment... who was then demoted and was replaced by the bosses buddy. He started off as cool and down to earth, easy to talk to. Then it just turned toxic. The work was not hard at all, some -

April 29, 2021
Thank you for providing feedback on your experience working at Impact Fire. We apologize your time with us was not satisfactory. If you would like to confidentially discuss in more detail, please contact our HR team at HR@aifire.com.

Inconsistent

The good and bad vary pretty wildly. There are plenty of nice folks, but a lot of lazy ones whose work you will get to do for them. Passing the buck is the norm here. They run a skeleton crew, so expect to be overwhelmed, often with tasks that don't fall under your job description. You will often be working from very little information, which can be challenging. There seems to be zero to very little training for field or office personnel and I sense that some people are given tasks that they are not capable of handling. Certifications are paid for, which is nice, but it's also tied directly to you paycheck. If you're in a place where it's going to be a long time until your next certificate you're out of luck. Negotiate high when you're getting hired. This company is technology-deficient. Also, I sense a bit of nepotism. Management is a mess. In some areas there's too much while other areas that are in severe need of direction are lacking.On the flip side, there's nice folks, central location, pretty good benefits, and they're good about time off for stuff. Insurance is fully paid, but not the best. The turnover is fairly high, but that seems to be the standard in fire alarm & suppression. It's honestly not all terrible, but more of a job than a career type of place.

Pros

Good benefits, nice people

Cons

Inconsistent management

April 29, 2021
Thank you for providing feedback on your experience working at Impact Fire. We acknowledge several challenges as we grow and open up new markets and apologize your time with us was not satisfactory. It is our goal at Impact Fire to continuously improve and your feedback is helpful. If you would like to discuss in more detail, please contact our HR team at HR@aifire.com.

Horrible Company.

Within 6 months of being there 11 people were just gone. Some will not accept a lower Pay 😂 and Wow they are unorganized. Zero security unless you're banging the GM from Texas, like the Sales Rep in South FL. but gotta be a Female for that though. They sugar coat you the job then play you like a sucker. 8 Technicians and 3 from management were fired within 6 months. Goes to show. You will NOT retire from this terrible place. Basura.

April 29, 2021
Thank you for providing feedback on your experience working at Impact Fire. We apologize your time with us was not satisfactory and acknowledge some challenges in the South Florida market. Impact Fire has a zero tolerance to harassment and nepotism. If you would like to discuss in more detail, please contact our HR team at HR@aifire.com.

Good company

It’s a good company just compensation was the only downfall. I loved working there and learned a lot. Some really good people there and they take care of you.

May 25, 2021
Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback. We are continuing to grow and expand our business. If you have interest in returning, please contact us at HR@aifire.com.

Good company

Had a good experience with the company and with all the other employees, if I was to get a call to see if I was interested again I probably would go back if I wan still looking for a job

April 29, 2021
Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback on your experience with Impact Fire. Please check out our careers page on our website for current openings.

Wasn't there long enough to have an opinion.

They offer company vehicle,phone and a lap top. They provide gas card for the vihcle. Managment didn't make me feel like I belonged. Felt like an outside from the start.

Been Here Many Years - 14 to be specific

There is no doubt that the fire protection business is a challenging one as all emergencies are critical in their own ways. As a management team and service team, they always work hard to meet the customers' needs. As an employee, I'm supported to make decisions as an owner and do what's right for our customers. I love that philosophy. The job is not always fun, sometimes its very stressful, but that's a service industry. I like who I work with and I've been here for 14 years. The company promotes from within first which shows loyalty and offers several apprentice positions to get your foot in the door. I have had several promotions in my years here. I would highly suggest checking our Impact Fire Hudson NH.

Very unorganized

This company pays terrible. Awful benefits. They claim to be a family atmosphere. But is far from it. They are actively looking to pay people the least amount as possible. No real opportunity for raises. They will take every advantage of you as they possibly can.

May 25, 2021
Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback on your experience working for Impact Fire. We apologize that your experience did not meet your expectations. We have made vast improvements in our health and welfare and retirement benefits since 2019. To learn more, please visit https://impactfireservices.com/careers/ or reach out to us via email at HR@aifire.com.

Great Company

Impact Fire Services is a great company to work for, they care about their employees and it shows. A great place to work and make a great living. Whether you have industry experience or want to start a new career, Impact Fire Services could be the answer for you.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Impact Fire Services. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.2 out of 5 stars for Compensation/Benefits