Impact NW Employee Reviews

Entreupreneurial culture
Chief Financial Officer (Former Employee) –  Portland, ORJanuary 5, 2018
Fast-paced workplace offering several lines of social services. Good pay and benefits. Strong managers who lead by example. Well structured business practices in a nonprofit environment.
All the people working at Impact are caring.
Program Specialist II (Current Employee) –  1321 NE 99th stNovember 1, 2017
Working with impact Its being a great experience, I would like to continue but the almost 2 hours commute make it hard to be able to continue having a life after work.
Pros
They are very friendly.
Cons
My conmute
Friendly, devoted, and diverse staff
Parent Child Specialist (Current Employee) –  Portland, ORJuly 21, 2017
I love working at Impact. I feel like it's home and I have only been here six months. My coworkers are kind and devoted to serving people, and my supervisor is transparent, available, and fun to be around. People are curious and open-minded and they come from a diverse set of backgrounds. My one complaint is the pay. They just don't pay enough, especially the direct service work staff. But if you have a second income and don't depend on just this one, it can work well.
Pros
Great community workplace, staff are devoted to meeting the needs of the community
Cons
Low pay, lots of documentation work
Lots of opportunity, amazing coworkers
Multiple Positions (Current Employee) –  Portland, ORMay 13, 2016
Awesome coworkers and the best culture I've ever worked in. Challenging work. You can create new and innovative things at Impact. It's a loose and casual work environment but don't be fooled- the people who work here are passionate and professional.
Management does not communicate with staff
General Ledger Accountant (Former Employee) –  Portland, ORFebruary 11, 2016
Nice staff, flexible schedule, management does not communicate well. makes bad rash decisions with input from staff.
Pros
co-workers
Cons
management
Good Environment
Current Employee (Current Employee) –  Portland, ORDecember 30, 2014
Fun place to work, paperwork heavy but very nice co-workers
Friendly people
Healthy Families Program Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Portland, ORMarch 27, 2014
I worked at Impact NW temporarily while a supervisor was out on maternity leave. The office culture was laid back but efficient, and everyone was exceedingly friendly. Often people were encouraged to use paid time off. It's pretty paperwork-heavy, but that's kind of how it is with nonprofits.
Pros
Decent healthcare, flexibility, autonomy
Cons
Not fantastic pay
Productive and fun work place.
Case Manager (Former Employee) –  Portland OregonSeptember 30, 2013
I helped families in assisting in the planning, coordination, monitoring, continuity of services, and assist the families with self sufficiency. Case managers are the primary points of contact between families, coordinate services and resources. Requirement skills include; document preparation

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Impact NW. Our community is ready to answer.

Impact NW Reviews by Location