Imperfect produce Employee Reviews

Warehouse Worker (Former Employee) –  Happy Valley, ORApril 19, 2019
I loved imperfect produce everyone’s great to work with, quick advancement opportunities, and a good base pay overall I’d say it was my favorite job, I could no longer make the commute otherwise I’d still work there.
Great Place to Work
Customer Care Lead (Current Employee) –  Tucson, AZApril 9, 2019
Great startup to work for. Very laid back yet laser-focused on core mission of fighting food waste. Almost like the people I work with more than the job itself. As with any startup, there are growing pains which are to be expected and honestly nothing that would make me think twice about not working here. West/Midwest in 2018, and now the east coast in 2019, soon to be a nationally recognized company. Get in while it is still small, lots of room to move around.
Pros
Great culture, top end pay and benefits, anti-call center mentality
Cons
No match on 401k (yet)
April 10, 2019

Thanks so much for your feedback! Our company is known for our excellent customer service, thanks to folks like you. We're happy to hear that you're enjoying your job and your coworkers! Keep up the great work.

You will be treated like a slave !
Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIApril 9, 2019
Management sucks ! Constantly lies, will set you up to fail, shows favoritism, holds grudges against you, will put you in a unsafe situation ! Bottom line : Management does not give a d*mn about you !
Pros
Free Produce
Cons
Management does not give a d*mn about you !
Enjoy work enjoy free produce
Packer (Current Employee) –  San Francisco, CAMarch 22, 2019
Great culture and great coworkers. I worked different warehouses before but this is best place for me so far. I like the company mission and i am always at work to help the mission.
i have been working for year now here and huge improvement last couple months. New management is cool. At least they know what they do.
i love free produce and enjoy it everyday.
Pros
free donation, good environment
Cons
location is at bayview.
April 10, 2019

Thanks for your feedback! We've been working hard to improve conditions in the warehouse and we are happy to hear that it has been making an impact. Our Packers are the backbone of Imperfect, and we wouldn't be here without your hard work.

they don’t care about you
Wharehouse Associate (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CAMarch 14, 2019
lots of favoritism!!!!! if the managers like you you can do what you want, if not you gotta follow the rules like everybody else. way too much favoritism they were obvious about it too yikes
April 10, 2019

Thank you for your review, and for voicing your concerns. We're sad to hear that your experience at Imperfect was a negative one. We have a People Business Partner on-site who is here to help with any HR matters, and we're sorry that this wasn't addressed sooner. Thanks again for your honest feedback.

Relaxed and fun
Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CAMarch 13, 2019
Loved it would recommend to anyone long days but trucks are packed. You just sign in take your truck and deliver. Pay was good dispatch will send help if needed.
Pros
Free produce
Cons
Long days
April 10, 2019

Thanks for leaving a review! We're glad to hear that your experience at Imperfect was a fun and positive one.

current pack employee (Current Employee) –  San Francisco, CAMarch 8, 2019
It is fast paced work environment. They give a lot of benefits. It is easy job but it is really cold place. They should hire more qualified employees if they want to improve. Management is cool. They try to do their best to help employees but it is tough to deal with some employees who dont come for work.
Pros
free produce, hours, benefits
Cons
cold environment
March 11, 2019

Thanks so much for your feedback! Our company wouldn't be able to function without the hard work of our Warehouse Associates. Thanks for taking the time to leave a review, and thank you for your hard work!

Great, until you have a family emergency
Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAFebruary 19, 2019
I enjoyed working for the company, great pay for the work I did. Which I could have stayed, but they had other plans.
Not much else to say............
Pros
Great pay, great culture, looked forward to going to work each day.
Cons
Company has good internal culture, but bad HR Ethics for their employees.
What benefits?
Packer (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CAFebruary 12, 2019
Offered great benefits, never came through with them in 6 months. ??? They treat the line Packers as disposable. Huge turnover. Also there's no hand washing station in the facility
Cons
Lack of Hours
March 6, 2019

We're sorry to hear that there was a problem accessing your benefits. We have a People Business Partner on-site for any HR matters, who would be more than happy to help answer any questions, and we're sorry that this was not properly communicated. We will also be sharing your feedback with our Director of Food and Warehouse Safety, and wish you the best of luck with your future endeavors.

just not for me
Produce Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  Industry, CAFebruary 4, 2019
I experienced a lot of racism when i went to different areas delivering. The hours are in the middle of the day until late at night so i had no time to accomplish anything personally throughout the week. Co workers were great. But overall the job really discouraged me in being a delivery driver do to the racism with the people I delivered to across Southern California and insane time framing with a faulty delivery system.
Pros
I saw alot of new places
Cons
unorganized system to deliver boxes, racism in neiborhoods, hours in getting home
March 6, 2019

We're so sorry to hear about the negative experience you had while delivering for Imperfect. We sincerely thank you for your time working with us, and your feedback. We will be sharing it with management to further address this.

Great Mission and Team
Recruiter (Current Employee) –  Tucson, AZFebruary 1, 2019
I feel proud to work for Imperfect Produce, I've never had a job that I was excited to tell my friends and family about until now. The company attracts interesting, intelligent, passionate people and I truly enjoy collaborating with all my peers and coworkers.

The company is still young, there are growing pains and leadership is still figuring out the best way to do things, but it is an exciting challenge to be a part of the team that is actively solving those problems and building the company every day.
Pros
Great coworkers, Mission Driven
Cons
Growing Pains, Young Company
March 6, 2019

Thanks so much for the feedback! We're honored to have such passionate people working with us to make an impact. Keep telling your friends about us, and keep up the good work!

I love making a tangible impact on our world!
People Business Partner (Current Employee) –  Portland, ORJanuary 31, 2019
Its been a delight working for Imperfect, its a start-up organization in every form. I believe we are going in the right direction! The most enjoyable part of the job - is working alongside like-minded people! We are all very committed to the mission.
March 6, 2019

Thanks for your feedback, and for your commitment to the mission! We're happy to hear you've had such a positive experience. We're thankful for all that you do!

Stressful and very demanding
Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAJanuary 30, 2019
This job is very demanding, they will get very upset if you called out even if is something important or an emergency. They scold you the next day in front of everyone.
Favoritism is real here, they hired people and then let them go for the most no reason. Overtime is mandatory they don't even ask you if you can stay they DEMAND IT!
Manager literally chooses your days off if you want to call out they choose a day for you instead. You have to request a day off way in advance because if you call out they get very upset.
Pros
overtime
Cons
management, benefits, pay
March 6, 2019

Thank you for your feedback. We're sorry to hear that you had a negative experience with your management. We strive to give our employees a healthy work/life balance and are working hard to improve our processes.

A breath of fresh air!
HQ employee (Current Employee) –  San Francisco, CAJanuary 29, 2019
I am in disbelief that I have found a company that exceeds all my expectations. Below are just a few "pros" I have discovered at Imperfect:

* friendly, welcoming people who are all here for the mission
* approachable CEO whose desk is among the rest of the employees
* free Imperfect Produce delivered to your door + any surplus
* competitive wage and stock options for all full-timers
* culture of trust and open communication
* great work/life balance (true 8 hour days)
Pros
Working with like-minded people, Making a positive impact on the world, Free produce!
Cons
No 401k matching at the moment, but they are constantly improving their benefit offering
March 8, 2019

We're so happy to hear we've exceeded your expectations! Thanks for sharing your feedback, and for your contributions to the Imperfect team!

Poor Management
Customer Care Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Tucson, AZJanuary 26, 2019
Management expects you to do more than your pay grade. The company is very unorganized and unstructured and if you are a supervisor you are expected to do multiple positions. Inexperienced management and if you don't fit in with their culture you're outed from their group. Management is very poor at judgement and goes off a whim versus actual facts.
Pros
Fancy workplace with nice desks and computers
Cons
Political and cut-throat
March 8, 2019

We're sorry to hear that you had a negative experience while working at Imperfect. We will be sharing your feedback with Customer Care Management. As we continue to learn and grow, we are constantly striving to improve work/life balance for our employees.

Unfortunately a great mission with poor execution
Worker (Former Employee) –  Portland, ORJanuary 20, 2019
Great mission that is not followed by management. They provide substandard produce and behind the scenes they are all about making $ and have zero respect for their employees. If you value your safety you will not want to work here. Oh, and watch your head for falling pallets!

I wanted to work for imperfect produce because they portray themselves as a mission driven organization that cares for its employees and customers. The truth is the exact opposite. They are like many other for profit company that will do anything for the mighty dollar. When you go to the manager and ask a question and the response is "look at me, I really dont care" you know you made a mistake working for this company.
Pros
its a job
Cons
Culture, management, environment
March 8, 2019

Thank you for sharing your thoughts. We take all employee feedback very seriously and use it as an opportunity to continuously improve. We're sorry that you had this negative experience working here.

We recently launched a New Manager Orientation that will better equip our newer managers to lead their teams effectively. We hope this will improve the work experience for future employees.

We greatly appreciate all the hard work you contributed towards Imperfect during your time here. Thank you again for your review.

Not a great place to work
Packer (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CADecember 25, 2018
Typical day is come in early and go home late. Rest breaks were infrequent and lunch breaks either too early or too late. I learned that the company is a fraud. Management was well educated but lacked experience. There is no workplace culture. Nothing hard about the job. Mostly good coworkers.
Pros
Good coworkers
Cons
Company is a fraud
March 8, 2019

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. Here at Imperfect, we are always looking to improve our processes, and take employee feedback very seriously. Warehouse associates are the backbone of our company. As a growing start-up, we are consistently re-evaluating our processes and empowering our teams to make changes when strategies aren’t working effectively.

Great team
Driver/other delivery (Former Employee) –  SeaTac, WADecember 5, 2018
Imperfect produce is a great place to work at.

What have I learned is that being apart of a team is a good feeling.

Management is pretty straightforward about what is expected of everyone.

Workplace Culture has a welcoming vibe when you walk into the warehouse.

The job is fairly easy.

The most enjoyable part of the job is hand delivering an imperfect produce box to a recipient and seeing them smile.
March 6, 2019

Thanks so much for your feedback! We're glad to hear you had such a positive experience delivering for Imperfect, and that you feel connected to our company culture.

Fun environment to work in with good people
Operations Assistant (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CANovember 24, 2018
Days start early and all produce packaging is done in a cold warehouse. Work goes by quickly and the work environment is fast paced and fun. The management team is considerate and good to work with,
Pros
Discounted/free product
Cons
Long hours, cold warehouse environment
If you have a family don’t even bother
Delivery Driver (Current Employee) –  San Francisco, CANovember 13, 2018
Great company what the doing is amazing great idea ok benefits stocks available dispatchers are awesome to many chiefs not enough Indians to many people running the show you get different information from all over and don’t know who to listen to once it comes to management. They have a point system which is ridiculous every call in is a point even if you have doc notes and get hurt in job like i did 3 points your out the door crazy because they hire people who are on drugs to deliver there produce long as the come to work i guess they don’t care right bedsides that pay is most likely the best you go find to be honest that’s all i miss but I’m happy to be home with my kid i missed out on a lot
Pros
Free produce, on the road meeting people
Cons
No life work balance stressful routes

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Imperfect produce. Our community is ready to answer.