Imperial Distributors, Inc.

Imperial Distributors, Inc. Employee Reviews

United States51 reviews
Although very stressful at times, I enjoyed working at Imperial for the most part .
Working at imperial can be very stressful . Quality and quantity of workload can be difficult to attain . I worked in sales for 18 years without using any sick time and it was never appreciated. Be very careful of the entire management team . They should not be trusted . On a good note , they do have many employees that have been there for 25+ years and the company is big on supporting United Way etc.
Management Issues
There were issues with management and a safe working enviroment. Lack of accountability. There was a lot of turn over with employees and managers. The schedule was good just a bad working enviroment.
Slow, boring, and no life-work balance
I have worked at Imperial Distributors, Inc. for three years in different departments. Micromanaging, disrespect to your ideas, and toxic place to work for.
not a good place to work
not a good job for advancement

i was laid off with 2 months notice. not severance pay not professional when they told us they were laying us off.

my normal day was great i could start when i wanted i was on my own it was a good job until they told us we were getting laid off. my manager was a nice guy he got laid off also.
work atmosphere was great
I enjoyed the work schedule was able to get my job done in a timely matter. I also took pride in making my sections look full and presentable to the customers
Would you recommend working at your company?
Help people considering your employer make a good choice.
Best experience
Amazing management team, work was just enough and easy to get the hang of. I was sad to go but our services were no longer needed in the store chain we serviced. Thank you Imperial for helping this stay-at-home momma get out and help contribute to her family’s income!
Great place to work for
I’ve been with imperial for almost 4 year I really enjoy working for them flexible hours it’s a fast paced job, pay is good, paid travel management is great I love my job with imperial
It is a great work place
Great work just not what I’m looking for . Also need more of a compensation it is a very easy job and does not require much training. I like the job just need higher pay
Overwhelming, yet boring
My position was a work alone job. Other employees from Imperial Distributors rarely seen. Supervisors seldom seen. All company employee activities/ perks, etc are held out of state, therefore difficult if not impossible to participate
Pros
401K, vacation time
Cons
No scheduled breaks, little direction, large work load
I think it’s a good company to work for - unfortunately our contract Wasn’t renewed with a certain supermarket and we are all laid off
Unfortunately our contract Wasn’t renewed with a certain supermarket and we were all laid off . I enjoyed working for this company. I thought management was fair
Good if you need money...
Management consistently disregards the well-being of their own employees. Health concerns were raised to HR multiple times but the company refuses to have the warehouse cleaned. They also work until finish so you never know when you can go home. If that happened to be at 4 am, you were expected to be at work at 7 am the next morning. Unless you're desperate for work, give this one a pass.
Great place, if you dont mind working 10 to 12 hr shifts
Lot of mechanical issues with conveyor system, ,management has a "not my department not my problem attitude". Long nights, I've never seen a place where people quit at lunch or walk off so fast. Favoritism and racism very prevalent.
They're not honest when they hire you about wages. They tell you what you want to hear but not much truth to it
Very fast paced and stressful work environment. They tell you what you want to hear when it comes to wages, The problem is it's not accurate and they lied you flat out
Poor pay
They lie about bonuses, they bait you in talking about good pay which i didnt get because where i was working the whole group had to do a certain number for everyone to get bonus it wasnt on what you did even though u made your numbers. Manager was horrible, rude didnt know how to communicate, he would talk about issues with other employees and not you.
Hostile enviroment.
From day one couple jerks tried to harassed me . They are from Caribbean and I'm not. Do not need much to make un-friendly condition.
Just one bad mannered supervisor, couple angry ,lying workers with racial pre-justice and you "all set".

HR need to remind to employees that new workers regular people and MUST be treated as HUMANS, not like a dirt.

Worst thing is this : few un-friendlies still employed by this company.
No Career advancement
After 3 years of working there, there was not a single raise based on my job performance (where we were consistently one of the most profitable districts) and no opportunities to move up.
Worked independently with little or no interaction from my Supervisor.
A typical day start out with me heading out to one or more assigned Stop and Shop stores. When I arrive I quickly connect with the Department Head to discuss any concerns that may have presented and proceed with a plan.
Needs improvement to be competitive.
The company is a bit archaic. They were very antiquated in their HR programs. There was no growth in the HR department. They need an HRIS system to be implemented.
Pros
Nice managers, hard working peers
Cons
Pay, antiquated computer systems . Pay needs to be higher for merchandising staff.
Its a place
For my short time working here it was in some extreme weather conditions when you had to move stuff to the trucks. The other workers got fired and 3 people had to stay til 4 am so it wasnt my best experience for work
productive
A flexible job in which you have close engagement with management
Work culture varies from store to store as you are moved around

Workload vaires on a daily basis

Pros
flexible
Cons
no raises
Poor place to work
The training they provide for merchandisers in grocery stores is horrible. They show you how to use the technology but that's about it.
No real explanation of what's expected from you in the stores and the manager they hired was also new and they didn't give her any outside training besides the technology. One day she was fired simply because they failed to help her understand what they wanted her to do. That's not right.

The pay wasn't good either and if they don't like you for non business related reasons they'll fire you. Not healthy place to work. Woke up every day in fear I would be fired even though I did everything they told me to do.

Stores were super messy and their employees are rude and treat you like garbage for being a vendor.

So happy I left, they have high turnover rate for a reason.

Met the CEO and he and his wife are very nice but it ends there.

Even their daughter is rude and unprofessional towards employees.
Pros
Sundays off
Cons
Poor pay, bad training, unprofessional
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Imperial Distributors, Inc.. Our community is ready to answer.
2.9
2.8
2.9
Ratings from women
InHerSight Score
3.9Personal Development
4.1Career Opportunities
3.3Family Support
Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight