Imperial Health Employee Reviews

WORST mistake I have ever made
Medical Coder (Former Employee) –  Lake Charles, LASeptember 4, 2019
The most despicable place I have ever worked for. My main concerns and warnings to people who are considering working for this company is beware of HR and Administration. I have noticed other people saying this as well and it is true. HR does not value your well being or confidentiality at all, and you are treated differently. Administration chooses their favorites and those are the people who are offered raises and promotions. I have not experienced this amount of drama since I was in middle school. The pay is pitiful. They make you use your own earned PTO for holidays (Seriously?) Administration will make major changes and then the next week change it all over again, everyone is always confused about what is happening. Very low job security. The building is disgusting and full of mold and dust, employees are sick all the time, I know of one employee who was hospitalized. There is a vomit stain on the carpet that has been there for almost 3 years. Also ALOT of discrimination from HR and Admin.
Pros
Cons
Moldy Building, Drama, Unprofessional HR and Admin, Breech of Confidentiality
Most unfair employee treatment I have ever experienced.
LPN (Licensed Practical Nurse) (Former Employee) –  Lake Charles, LAAugust 29, 2019
Unfair treatment of employees as compared to other places of employment. It’s all about the $. Employee satisfaction comes last. Very high turn over rate with this facility.
Pros
Cons
High turn over rate
Great Job
Business Office (Current Employee) –  Lake Charles, LAAugust 18, 2019
I honestly have very minor to NO complaints. I’m positive the issues Imperial encounters do not differ in any way from other businesses. I have always enjoyed going to work. Things are changing daily. I have an amazing supervisor, our CEO is great and the HR department has ALWAYS had my best interest at heart. I have always been told thank you by the physicians and their medical staff. I don’t see the physicians as greedy, if you went to college for 10 plus years you would hold your staff to a high standard also. They simply want to be paid for their services....who wouldn’t. Yes the building is old that would be my only issue. Imperial expects teamwork and for you to actually WORK so if you are lazy then you need not apply.
A great place to work
Clerk (Current Employee) –  Lake Charles, LAAugust 9, 2019
I have enjoyed my time working at Imperial Health. I found HR and administration to be supportive when I had multiple health issues.
These were handled professionally and with confidentiality.
I've had the opportunity to acquire new skills as well.
The Most Atrocious Setting I have Ever Worked
Business Office (Former Employee) –  Lake Charles, LAAugust 7, 2019
The Business office is my far the worst employment experience I have had in my entire 9 years in the medical field. There is ZERO confidentiality when it comes to HR, Administration. People are treated differently based on race, sexual orientation, and even in some cases religion. HR and Administration have their favorites, and if that's not you, then you are looking at a dead end job. The building is infested with mold and the employees STAY sick and coughing. You have to use YOUR OWN PTO for holidays!!! The health insurance plans are terrible. The turn over rate is a swinging door, big red flag. You will agree to do a certain job when you start there and next thing you know, you are doing the job of three different people and still getting the pathetic pay. You are promised raises if you do more work to the point of exhaustion, but never get that raise. They cant even hold onto a Business Office Director and Managers. Sounds like and HR & Admin problem to me. Seriously wish I could leave zero stars. Do yourself, your family, and your well being and think twice about applying/accepting a job here.
Pros
Cons
Terrible Pay, No Confidentiality, Messy HR, Messy Admin, Mold
Worst place to work
Billing Specialist (Former Employee) –  Lake Charles, LAJune 23, 2019
Be prepared to do the job of everyone else and be paid very little. No matter how much work you do they will always expect more. You will never get told thank you. The doctors are rude and greedy. I’ve never worked anywhere with such a toxic and negative work environment like Imperial. Everything is always the billers faults and no one else is held accountable for their mistakes. Management plays favorites. There in no communication between management to employees. You are cramped in a room full of desks and wall dividers. Not to mention the 30 year old carpet that is visibly dirty and stained causing people to be sick constantly. We were told that we have to earn new carpet. You should not have to earn a healthy work place. There is mold growing in the bathrooms and on the walls. If I could give negative stars I would. I would really advise against applying to work here.
Run for the Hills
Business Office Employee (Former Employee) –  Lake Charles, LAMay 24, 2019
In my 12 years in this industry, this company is quite literally the biggest mistake I have ever made. There is no job security whatsoever, no confidentiality between you and your supervisor, or you and HR, the building is filthy with mold and dust and dirty carpet and the ice machine filter has not been changed since May 2015. I have been lied to multiple times about getting a raise and taken on extra work and never saw a SINGLE cent!!!! I found this to be very common. Almost everyone I keep in contact with imperial are currently looking for another job. Oh and don’t get me started on the discrimination and favoritism there, sometimes I wonder if some of the things that happens with HR and Admin are even legal. Perhaps I should consult with an attorney on that.
Pros
Life Lesson Learned
Cons
Pathetic Pay, Immature HR and Administration, No Confidentiality, Discrimination, Favoritism, Moldy Filthy Building
I enjoy going to work because my coworkers make it enjoyable
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Lake Charles, LAApril 25, 2019
It’s so sad for a person to have to go to work on a daily basis and feel as though the job they’re doing isn’t good enough when you never call in, always on time, and give 100% on a daily basis. We’re constantly threatened by upper management of being let go if this isn’t right or that isn’t right. This place have your anxiety level at 100 all day. It’s bad enough that the patients are rude but it’s even worse when your supervisor doesn’t have your back and automatically assume that if someone complains, it’s automatically about you or one of your other coworkers when there’s more than you two working there . Although they had been talk of receiving raises, none has been given. No paid holidays are given and it’s not fair to have to use your PTO for that and upper management is a hot mess with all the backstabbing they do. So glad to be done with this place.
The Absolute Worst Place to Work
Business Office Employee (Current Employee) –  Lake Charles, LAApril 13, 2019
Expect to be overworked, underpaid, and never shown appreciation for your hard work. You will be treated like a body in a seat that can be easily replaced at any time but expected to treat the company like you have a stake in it. They show favoritism and work with certain employees while making it as difficult as possible for others to have "life happen" and still keep their job. Assignments and job location changes constantly. You are expected to use your own vehicle to travel for meetings with no compensation for mileage. You may get hired for a certain position but who knows what you will actually end up doing. Nothing you say is confidential. The supervisors will repeat what's told to them to other employees. There is absolutely no teamwork amongst the employees. It's seems like more of a competition between coworkers than coming together. And don't get me started about the mold in the building. The vents in the bathrooms are covered in thick dust. The employees are always sick with some type of respiratory issues. Just overall not a good place to be if you want to keep your sanity.
Cons
Have to use PTO to get paid for holiday closures
wishy washy
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Lake Charles, LADecember 14, 2018
very wishy washy. low pay. some doctors can be very rude and look down on you not understanding that you're getting paid less to do their dirty work. some days you don't get a lunch break.
Pros
weekends off
Cons
short breaks
Great Place
CMA (AAMA) (Former Employee) –  Lake Charles, LANovember 1, 2018
I worked with a great doctor and a wonderful manager. Wish I did not have to leave, but going back to school and work is just too much on my plate. If I didnt go back to school the doctor I work for would have been a forever home!!
Pros
Great Doctors
Minimal review
Clinical Nurse (Former Employee) –  Lake Charles, LAJune 14, 2018
I don't have much information to share about this company. I did not work for the company long enough to meet the CEO and I only worked in one position.
Fine temporary work
Patient Access Representative (Former Employee) –  Lake Charles, LAApril 30, 2018
The people at the job are wonderful and the patients make the job bearable. However, the manager did not care for you unless you were giving her information on other coworkers or willing to gossip. She only interacted with you if she absolutely had to unless you were apart of her golden crew. The manager did not give every employee Christmas bonuses regardless of whether you made the year mark or not. Other than the managerial status being horrendously poor, the doctors are wonderful for the most part and the coworkers are great when they aren't being backstabbing. The job can seem like a lot at first but you find a rhythm after a while.
Pros
Free water
Cons
Terrible manager, charged for services even when you were told you would not be, gossiping/backstabbing coworkers
I will miss Imperial
Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Lake Charles, LAApril 10, 2018
very fast paced and can be stressful but you will never be bored. learn a lot. good benefits if you are full time. highly recommend. i will miss my CFO family
fast paced with friendly co-workers
LPN (Former Employee) –  Lake Charles, LAFebruary 21, 2018
My position was very fast paced and rewarding. The benefits were good, but the deductibles were high. The pay could be better. The physicians are great to work with and the patients appreciate them.
Amazing Work Place
Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Lake Charles, LANovember 15, 2017
I love my job thought I would never leave. Fast pace environment with wonderful co-workers. Really good learning experience. Loved the Dr. I worked for
The Doctors Are Great!!
Lake (Former Employee) –  Lake Charles, LANovember 14, 2017
They have poor management! Show favoritism! They don’t appreciate good workers! As far as HR they don’t listen to regular employees when they have problems! They DO NOT TREAT ALL EMPLOYEES FAIR! Only thing good was Monday thru Friday job!
Pros
Weekends off!
Cons
Management / HR Staff
consistant information, fast paced and easy to advance
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Lake Charles, LASeptember 21, 2017
The doctors and nurses are easy to work for as long as you follow protocol for that office. They will back to upset patients. Most patients become regulars so situations do not occur often. Refreshers and training are exceptional
Pros
easy to network into other positions in the company
Cons
long hours and weekends
Incompetent management, Negative Work environment, low pay, decent benefits, the building is old and falling apart
Business office (Current Employee) –  Lake CharlesSeptember 11, 2017
Would not recommend working for Imperial. They are always understaffed so those who stay are over worked and underpaid. Poorly managed. High turnover rate
Pros
Cons
Low pay, no raises, poor management, high turnover rate
Cut throat company, all about who you know
Former employee (Former Employee) –  Lake Charles, LASeptember 2, 2017
Administration is adolescent at best.
Many internal issues that could be handled in a more professional manner.
Not paid well for what is expected of certain positions.
Pros
Benefits, Human Resources and coworkers are very pleasant
Cons
Administration, wages

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Imperial Health. Our community is ready to answer.

2.6