Imperial Security Employee Reviews

Great place to start for license.
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Edgewater, NJMay 19, 2019
You have to wait for like 3 weeks to get your first paycheck. Management is terrible. It’s only good for Secondary job. You have to pay for the license.
Pros
Not hard work
Cons
Management and pay
Look for a different security company.
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXMay 12, 2019
Management makes false promises on career advancement and pay. They also promise full time later but never give it to you. I've talked to people that have worked for the company for 2 years or more and say they don't like how they are treated. Pretty unorganized. They will give you a job if you meet the requirements. I was said I can get full time only seen part time. They want you to take night shifts nobody wants.
Pros
Will give you a job.
Cons
Mainly everything.
Horrible work ethic
Security guard (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNMay 2, 2019
First week I started working with them they had me bouncing around to different posts. Next week they gave me a set post as CRC in a different contract after I few months pass I requested a few days off to take care of some family business out of town. I had to take a extra day off because I had a another family emergency I had to go to court. I was call by the company telling me don’t report to your post report to the office when I came back in town I also told them I have paperwork showing Why I had to stay one more day they took me from my post and I was without a post til Monday when I was reporting back to my post Thursday. So they put me at a different post a post I really couldn’t work because I have kids to make sure was going to school I ask can I be moved but they gave me a run around saying we will move you soon so after a month pass by I ask is there a process I have to go through and transfer they told me yes so I ask to be transferred to a different state because I was in the process of moving I took another week off just so I can get my living arrangements to move out of state. I told them I will return to my post on Monday when I arrived to the posts they had someone else at my post on the day of my return not once did they called me to tell me not to return to the post report to the office I called them The scheduling lie and said they tried to call me when I called him that day I requested off to ask is there anything I need to do while I’m in the state he said no so they relocated me again to a post that was on hour from home he text me a picture  more... of my schedule to a different pose with the wrong directions to the location I sat outside from a different location for a hour and a half to wait on a supervisor to lead me to the location just for one day. I will never in the life time tell a family member to work there or a friend because they pay they giving us not Worth it at all I won’t work there if it was the only place hiring and I mean it.  less
Pros
Hours
Cons
No understanding and pay
Just Don't
Guard (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYApril 18, 2019
Does not pay well and very bad insurance. No room for advancement and zero respect to employees. Very long hours for little pay. Definitely do not recommend.
Pros
A lot of down-time
Cons
A lot of down-time
Excelente entrenamiento y objetivo del trabajo
Oficial de seguridad, Fort Worth TX (Former Employee) –  North Fort Worth, TXApril 14, 2019
Esta compañía de compromete al 100% de ejercer su objetivo de proteger y seguir las normas de su política. Ofrece un buen entrenamiento a quienes deciden ser parte de su compañía.
Pros
Es un trabajo Justo
Cons
El entrenamiento no se paga
Ok for a first job
Guard (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAApril 10, 2019
It's was ok didn't really have to do anything besides walk around and keep an eye out for anything suspicious. Just a lot of being by yourself and lack of a constant schedule.
Pros
Nice first job easy work
Cons
Lack of consistency
Unreliable company
Security Guard (Former Employee) –  Plainfield, INApril 8, 2019
Started off as a decent job and really enjoyed it until I finally saw everything. Unless you’re family you get thrown under the bus and pretty much everyone there was either family or was married to the family. Hired unreliable employees all the time as well as never firing the unreliable people. On multiple accounts I worked 16+ hour shifts with no breaks as well as being called in multiple times to cover for someone. Then the big boss decided to lay half us of off with no warning and no severance.
Pros
Pay
Cons
Everything else
Good people, bad management.
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Roanoke, TXApril 4, 2019
I worked with some great people, and we were understaffed and still doing our jobs at the time.
When we got more people on site, pay raises were promised for everyone.
I got a nickle.
It was ranked advancement. I was supposed to be making close to 15.
Chilled environment durning night shift
Campus Securtiy (Former Employee) –  Pomona, CAMarch 28, 2019
Compensation was lousy. No raises. Not a job for a full grown man trying to make a living. No advancement. Company is based out back east. Leave this job to the young people going to school working part time.
Pros
Just a job
Cons
Lousy compensation. Cant live off what they pay.
Laid back low pay
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Memphis, TNMarch 26, 2019
Its not hard to get hire they promise one pay base on experience but once hired they do not give you the pay they say based on experience I have 20 years but low ball each time with 10 hr
Pros
Paid lunch
Cons
Want to much for pay and do differential pay if you work armed and unarmed post same time
Fast Pace in good learning environment
Payroll Manager/Human Resources (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNMarch 21, 2019
It was very fast paced always stay busy the days went by with no problems at all and it seemed like I was leaving work as soon as I got to work cuz I always stay busy and I seem to learn something new everyday
Horrible is the best word for this company!!
Security Guard (Former Employee) –  South memphisMarch 15, 2019
I worked at imperial for a few days before they started scheduling me for 5 overnight shifts a night after asking to work during the day only. 60+ hours a week. The management is a crew of BUMS that suck at their job.
Pros
No Pros this company is horrific
Cons
Bums
Wouldn't recommend it
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Guarding jb huntJanuary 21, 2019
I worked for this company for 3 years working 70+ hours a week they didn't provide paid vacation you could take a vacation but it would have to do without a check that week I worked for them for four years,during which time I did not take any vacation time when I quit I was on the verge if insanity no matter how much sleep I got I was still tired/mad I quit for the sake of my sanity plus management treats their employees like complete dirt I was often threated to be fired if I did not come in on my day off.they would call you 20 times a day to see if they could get you to do a fill in if someone didn't show up
Pros
Good pay
Cons
Management treats you like dirt
Ok company
SECURITY GUARD (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNJanuary 14, 2019
Was not a good fit for me. The pay was minimal and the hours were long, If you enjoy working long hours with minimal pay then this job is for you. I did not like it.
Positive fun workplace
Security Guard (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PADecember 18, 2018
It was a good environment, Good people to work with, make a lot of friends jus by working imperial security, plus working events like the auto show the flower show
Pros
No we had to pay for our lunch
Cons
two 15minutes break with a half hour break
productive
Post Commander Secruity Guard (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GANovember 29, 2018
It was a productive and fast pacing environment to work in, the entire team was very friendly and welcoming, if you need hours they will give it to you,
productive and fun workplace
Security Guard (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNNovember 29, 2018
monitor employees' entrance and exit gates.
Other job sites
Fair management
nice
the hardest part is long hours.
meeting all the different temp services.
Pros
fast
Cons
no breaks
Relaxed
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  FloridaOctober 18, 2018
This was an awesome company to work for it was very relaxed and everyone was super friendly and there wasn't much to stress over customers were usually very nice along with the truck drivers and employees.
Pros
Relaxed
Cons
No set lunch break
Do not work for imperial security
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXSeptember 25, 2018
Do Not Ever Work for Imperial Security. I would NOT ever recommend this company to anyone. My only reason for staying was to family obligations I had during the day, so I worked at night.
Cons
No benefits for employees (unless you are cooperate), Cooperate mishandled my taxes 2 years in a row
long nights and low pay
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PASeptember 11, 2018
I was assigned to many different places and events. Some times, a trade show, or a bank, but I ended up at the Philadelphia airport. the nights were long and boring.
Pros
Cons
dangeres work and low pay