Imperial Security Employee Reviews in Austin, TX

Do not work for imperial security
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXSeptember 25, 2018
Do Not Ever Work for Imperial Security. I would NOT ever recommend this company to anyone. My only reason for staying was to family obligations I had during the day, so I worked at night.
Cons
No benefits for employees (unless you are cooperate), Cooperate mishandled my taxes 2 years in a row
Very great place to learn and work
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXAugust 4, 2018
I love to work here in the great city of Austin. Great training great people to see every day everyone seems to love the job.
Really friendly staff and friendly.
Pros
Free drinks
Terrible
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXSeptember 11, 2017
The management would not listen to the security officers and when concerns were brought up to them they would simply laugh at you and wave you off like it did not matter.
Good environment
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXOctober 6, 2016
The environment and people really make this place. The pay is about average and the average pay is low these days.

The software, hardware, and equipment in general needs updating, also a software I.D. standard needs to be set.
The people you are guarding are generally friendly across the board, but there are some jerks that are totally indifferent to you.
My co-workers were all nice people...The jerks were weeded out pretty early on, so my experience with co-workers and low end management was pleasant.
Middle management was great too considering the resources they were given...They were friendly as well.
I suspect that the problems were with upper management not allowing enough pay to go to the security guards and supervisors making H.R.'s job more difficult resulting in the trickle down effect.
Pay should be about $3.00 more per hour for everyone.
The methodology and strategy for keeping the location secure and breech free needs to be re-done entirely with no exceptions to the rule! Managers and executives included!
Keep steady expectations and you will do fine.
Pros
The people are nice in general.
Cons
Bureaucratic and low pay.
decent job
Security Specialist (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXFebruary 15, 2016
it a decent job that helps pay the builds not what i want to do for the rest of my life. Lots of physical activity helps you stay in shape.
Pros
flexible hours
Cons
stressful enviroment
Overall great company
Lead Security Guard (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXMarch 4, 2015
Productive and safe workplace with a lot of job security. Location was convenient and job was laid back and easy going. Team concept with daily required routine security checks.
Pros
Flexible Schedule
Cons
Short breaks
Test Dummy Job
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXJune 16, 2014
I started working here a few weeks ago and I already feel like quitting and finding a different job because of the unorganized management at the site Im at. If you want a successful job with benefits and promotions, I highly suggest looking for a state or federal job, not security contractors that start at $10 per hour or less.

They will constantly annoy you on your off days and ask you for either overtime hours or taking someone else's shift because they either called in off time or quit.
Pros
Friendly co-workers, Million dollar contractor site, plenty of networking clients
Cons
30 minute lunches, Not allowed to leave site during lunches, Management un-organized and very demanding
easy job to get
Security Officer/Clerk (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXAugust 11, 2013
its a easy job to get but working invorement sucks not orginized at all
Pros
fun people
Cons
short break all night job easy to get fired
unorganized and under payed
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXAugust 8, 2013
this company has no organization and if it wasn't my first job i would have left a long time ago they have no organization
Horrid company! Run away! Far far away!
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXAugust 6, 2013
I was moved from being a full time employee to "on call" when I slightly injured my knee & was forced to stay home & not work due to the slight injury. When I was told that I could come back to work, a week later mind you (that I did not ask for) they stationed me in a position that I had not been trained in at all. I worked that station, did my job swinging it by the seat of my pants.

I was called that evening to be told I didn't have to come into work the next day & report on that Friday. Ok, sure...not like I don't need the 40 hrs I was originally scheduled for to feed my child o.O. Came in on that Friday & they only worked me for ONE HOUR! ONE HOUR!

Waste of time, waste of gas, management was clueless on how screwed up the new scheduling guy was...my 6 yr old could have done the job better than that schmuck >_<.

The other officers were personable & easy to get along with, but half the management ran around like chickens with their heads cut off unfortunately.
Pros
Cons
Everything!
good work place and great career
Security officer (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXFebruary 7, 2013
coming to work and doing 12 hour shift and get to my location assumed duties such as checking badges and cell phones and use HHMD hand held metal detector to clear people and grant them access. and report all the activities to my supervisor and be professional with my co-workers and wear my uniform on daily bases of work . Preform long hours of observing and control of the areas Patrolling & escorting people in and out of the area . identify potential safety risks, security risks and undesirable conditions .
jobs sucks leadership blows
guard (Current Employee) –  austin txJanuary 9, 2013
OK I was hired on military vet in Austin tx but they don't care they still treat everyone like kids they talk smack about us behind our backs anyways you work with a bunch of trailer trash who.are so special. Ed I'm currently looking for.another job because this job is bs and there really strict here for.no.reason listen stay away from this place you can.find a better job than.this and hours are not stable and be prepared to be recalled on your day off and no benefits no nothing everyone is a lil.snitch people act like they in middle school and no.pay raises reguardless who you are you stay at 9 an.hour this place is not a good work.place.!!!!!!
Pros
nothing i hate this place
Cons
listed in review
Stay far far away
Guard (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXJanuary 5, 2013
Imperial security has to be the very worst place I ever worked for... from weekly employee turnaround, to overworked(the ones who cared) or just plain lazy(the ones who'd been there longer than 3 months) management, to work schedules that came out 24 hours before assigned shifts... if that.

No benefits, $9 an hour no matter who you are, rampant sexual harassment(and me being a guy!) and NO schedule flexibility. This place is quite horrible.
Cons
everything