Imperial Security Employee Reviews in Memphis, TN

Laid back low pay
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Memphis, TNMarch 26, 2019
Its not hard to get hire they promise one pay base on experience but once hired they do not give you the pay they say based on experience I have 20 years but low ball each time with 10 hr
Pros
Paid lunch
Cons
Want to much for pay and do differential pay if you work armed and unarmed post same time
Fast Pace in good learning environment
Payroll Manager/Human Resources (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNMarch 21, 2019
It was very fast paced always stay busy the days went by with no problems at all and it seemed like I was leaving work as soon as I got to work cuz I always stay busy and I seem to learn something new everyday
Horrible is the best word for this company!!
Security Guard (Former Employee) –  South memphisMarch 15, 2019
I worked at imperial for a few days before they started scheduling me for 5 overnight shifts a night after asking to work during the day only. 60+ hours a week. The management is a crew of BUMS that suck at their job.
Pros
No Pros this company is horrific
Cons
Bums
Ok company
SECURITY GUARD (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNJanuary 14, 2019
Was not a good fit for me. The pay was minimal and the hours were long, If you enjoy working long hours with minimal pay then this job is for you. I did not like it.
productive and fun workplace
Security Guard (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNNovember 29, 2018
monitor employees' entrance and exit gates.
Other job sites
Fair management
nice
the hardest part is long hours.
meeting all the different temp services.
Pros
fast
Cons
no breaks
ok; not a place to stay for the long haul
Customer Service Representative/HR Assistant (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNSeptember 8, 2018
On a typical day in the office, you will see face and personalities from all walks of life, never a dull moment,
I learned to get my work done as soon possible and learn other departments and other people's role in the company as well as I could.
Management, in some departments were helpful, knowledgeable and believed in your growth while others could careless and would attempt to throw you under the bus tp save their hide. ...Watch your back, cross your "t" and dot your "I".
Pretty laid back but fast paced

Knowing the difference between "Smiles"

Getting to know certain people and creating a team that will build each other.
Pros
Company Car avail for use for certain positions
Cons
Terrible benefits, even upper management has less than desirable insurance
On-Site Security Guard (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNSeptember 2, 2018
Imperial is a great entry level job for a career in security. They offer great training and experience for advancement in this field. Ex-military are welcomed.
Pros
Wide variety of locations available for assignment
Cons
Weekend shifts mandatory for all full time Gaurds
Armed Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Memphis, TNAugust 30, 2018
My typical day at work is very flexible for me. I observe mostly the Walgreens stores when I an on duty and so far I have not had any major problems. I make sure that I stay alert and walk the stores even if i an in the company vehicle.
Great job
Armed security guard (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNAugust 17, 2018
It was a great company. The pay was good and so were the hours. I enjoyed my job there. I just hate the way they laid me off. They actually did it twice no warning
Pros
Pay
Cons
Layoffs without warning
Pay needs to be better
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNJuly 21, 2018
$8 an hour isn't enough to live on. They really need to change their pay for security guards. If you're a recent high school grad, I would suggest this as a job to help you get money in your pockets, otherwise, if you're trying to get your own place and pay bills, this isn't it.
Cons
The pay
security
SECURITY GUARD (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNMay 14, 2018
hardest part about the job is people who will try to be rude to you because they are in the wrong. Drunk customers trying to bother the employees. Good job, nice company and plenty of work
learning experience
security guard (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNMay 4, 2018
the job is for the customers but the guard are taught a great lesson about the job description. while most company requires guards to absorb and report, that add the need of being seen.
Its a ok place just to get a pay check .
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Memphis, TNApril 30, 2018
Long very you learn a few things here and there management alright workplace culture it depends where you post is the hard crazy hours the small check
Pros
Get a payday
Cons
Low pay Advancement not really No paid off days/ our vacation
Good work environment
Security Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNMarch 18, 2018
I was assigned to William Sonoma in Memphis, Tn as a supervisor. I made the mistake of giving up the position. My supervisor was retired from MPD which made us very compatible. The company owner was strict, but a fair individual.
Pros
Opportunity
Cons
None that I can think of
Fun and relaxing
Unarmed Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Memphis, TNJanuary 13, 2018
For the most part, I have a pretty laid back environment and I love the people I work for and the people I provide security for and vice versa. I am a people person so I love to interact with the residents of the property I provide security at limited interaction while on duty.
Do not I repeat do not work for imperial
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Memphis, TNNovember 20, 2017
If you're looking to get hired right away that would definitely happen,because they hire anyone,but the pay sucks the hours and location not to mention no kind of 401k sick leave vacation day or anything,Like I said Imperial is basically to get hired quick make easy quick money and find something new that's if u don't get fired within your first 2weeks of working for them.
Pros
Easy to get hired
Cons
Company and post suck
Easy money
SECURITY OFFICER/GUARD (Current Employee) –  Memphis, TNNovember 13, 2017
If you want quick and easy money, long hours, little pay, no raise, and no opportunity for advancement, this will be an ideal company to work for in a safe environment.
Pros
Easy Money
Cons
No benefits
Relaxed environment
Unarmed Security Guard (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNNovember 4, 2017
My first post was actually enjoyable, worked with another officer on late shifts. Will say management will give you as many hours as they can when you first start. It's a great part time job when you have flexible hours, management will work with you if your hours aren't so flexible but you may not get posts that are all that enjoyable. Because there are some cases where you'll be sitting in one spot for hours on hours and sometimes as the lone guard. Really your experience with the company depends on where you're posted. Making a decent paycheck requires putting in the hours.
its true..... temp security service
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Memphis, TNOctober 17, 2017
If you love working all day everyday then its perfect for you if you can deal with attitudes and not getting paid on time or at all. ignorant mang, supervisors, and leads who step on you to try and get ahead which is impossible unless you have a master's in something. I have met guys who have been around imperial 10, 15, and 20 years. Who dnt get paid much than 9$ with no benefits. thats if you last the first year most dont last the first 3 months. You have been warned
Scam
Unarmed Security Guard (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNSeptember 5, 2017
They advertise to be starting between $10-$13 but when you get there they are only offering $8 for unarmed guards & MAYBE $10 for armed ones. They are liars and just trying to get people in the door. If you are truly desperate for work then go ahead but if you're expecting any type of good pay then don't. And they will hire ANYBODY
Pros
Easy to get in the door
Cons
No pay