Imperial Security Employee Reviews for Security Guard

Unreliable company
Security Guard (Former Employee) –  Plainfield, INApril 8, 2019
Started off as a decent job and really enjoyed it until I finally saw everything. Unless you’re family you get thrown under the bus and pretty much everyone there was either family or was married to the family. Hired unreliable employees all the time as well as never firing the unreliable people. On multiple accounts I worked 16+ hour shifts with no breaks as well as being called in multiple times to cover for someone. Then the big boss decided to lay half us of off with no warning and no severance.
Pros
Pay
Cons
Everything else
Horrible is the best word for this company!!
Security Guard (Former Employee) –  South memphisMarch 15, 2019
I worked at imperial for a few days before they started scheduling me for 5 overnight shifts a night after asking to work during the day only. 60+ hours a week. The management is a crew of BUMS that suck at their job.
Pros
No Pros this company is horrific
Cons
Bums
Ok company
SECURITY GUARD (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNJanuary 14, 2019
Was not a good fit for me. The pay was minimal and the hours were long, If you enjoy working long hours with minimal pay then this job is for you. I did not like it.
Positive fun workplace
Security Guard (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PADecember 18, 2018
It was a good environment, Good people to work with, make a lot of friends jus by working imperial security, plus working events like the auto show the flower show
Pros
No we had to pay for our lunch
Cons
two 15minutes break with a half hour break
productive and fun workplace
Security Guard (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNNovember 29, 2018
monitor employees' entrance and exit gates.
Other job sites
Fair management
nice
the hardest part is long hours.
meeting all the different temp services.
Pros
fast
Cons
no breaks
On-Site Security Guard (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNSeptember 2, 2018
Imperial is a great entry level job for a career in security. They offer great training and experience for advancement in this field. Ex-military are welcomed.
Pros
Wide variety of locations available for assignment
Cons
Weekend shifts mandatory for all full time Gaurds
Do not work at this company
Security Guard Officer (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAAugust 8, 2018
The worst fu*king security company ever they only give more hours to the old people or to the white people never in my life would I referred somebody to work for this fu*king company hands down
Pros
Worst company ever
Cons
Worst company ever
Productive fast paced enviroment
Security Guard (Current Employee) –  Beaumont, CAAugust 4, 2018
Good place to work at .i work graveyard schedule and work everydayexcept two.im always busy and am always learning new things also.currently looking for another more permanant job that pays more to suppliment my income.
Got hired same day
Security Guard (Current Employee) –  Rancho Cucamonga, CAJuly 31, 2018
Got hired same day beginning of july and still no post been looking and filling out diffrent apps for differnt jobs.
Would call and would get no response for days almost to a week.
Slow placement.
Pros
Paid weekly
Cons
Too long to respone, Lack of placement for positions.
Ok place to work at the time but management is very unprofessional
Security Guard/ Patrol (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAJuly 11, 2018
I havent worked for them in years and I heard they are under new management but they managers were rude and very inconsiderate and very unprofessional I would go back if under new management and a better pay
Pros
Great pace work
Relaxed
Security Guard (Current Employee) –  Birmingham, ALJune 30, 2018
Decent job, pay should be better and less hours on one person though, I use to work 16 hours a day every weekend and sometimes asked to do overtime and I couldn’t use my phone or anything to entertain me but overall it’s an okay job to work I would recommend it.
So much to do never without a job
Security Guard Officer (Former Employee) –  PennsylvaniaJune 16, 2018
It' was okay for a job just wasn't giving me the right amount of hours . It was disorganzied and things were all over the place .it was a good job but they weren't able to work with me do to my kids being sick
Pros
Get to do different events
Cons
Short breaks
not the worst place
Security Guard (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHMay 14, 2018
i worked for them for over a year with zero pay raise. all you have to do is watch cameras and check doors. the best part is the people you interact with inside the warehouse
security
SECURITY GUARD (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNMay 14, 2018
hardest part about the job is people who will try to be rude to you because they are in the wrong. Drunk customers trying to bother the employees. Good job, nice company and plenty of work
learning experience
security guard (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNMay 4, 2018
the job is for the customers but the guard are taught a great lesson about the job description. while most company requires guards to absorb and report, that add the need of being seen.
great job
Security Guard (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAMarch 27, 2018
i loved the supervisor there and the hours were very good. however some things about them are unorganized. wish everyone well that works there. great opportunity.
Workplace
Security Guard (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAMarch 4, 2018
This job was truly a handful and was only getting paid no more than $7/hour, the management is very rude, they don't know how to talk to people, there are no paydays off, they are very strict on you missing days and write you up for the dumbest reasons ever!! The only good thing about this job is that certain sites they send you to they provide transportation if you do not drive and if the site is far out (Ex.New Jersey) as far as working for this company i will not recommend this company to a friend at all.
Great co-workers bad management
Security Guard (Current Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXFebruary 16, 2018
They can't keep employees because they lack communication, they are unorganized and the growth within the company you have to bend over backwards to be considered growth with the job.
Pros
Great environment
Cons
Short breaks, lack of organization, communication and growth within the company
Did not even call me back
Security Guard (Former Employee) –  Plano, TXFebruary 13, 2018
It was terrible they did not even call me back i was waiting for almost 2 weeks and nothing i had to finally call them and they said the position had all ready been filled out so my overall experience was terrible
Best Described as "It Depends"
Security Guard (Former Employee) –  Bensalem, PAJanuary 8, 2018
The job that I held was one of the easier and more relaxed positions within the company. All was well for a long time despite the poor management when I was hired. When new management was hired midway through 2017 the overall experience did improve, but the company policy, the low pay, the inconvenient hours and potential to lose your position WITH NO WARNING AT ALL, was still very apparent. If you absolutely need a job I would say give it a shot as it seems that they are always having positions available since people frequently leave the company (at least in my experience) and look for something more substantial for the future while you're getting paid.
Pros
Cons
Alot