Imperial Security Employee Reviews

Don't do it
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Olive Branch, MSJanuary 30, 2018
If you like being underpaid for long hours of work this is your job. No paid time off at all. if you have the flu you still have to come in. Then they tell you if you don't come in you are easily replaceable.
Fun and relaxing
Unarmed Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Memphis, TNJanuary 13, 2018
For the most part, I have a pretty laid back environment and I love the people I work for and the people I provide security for and vice versa. I am a people person so I love to interact with the residents of the property I provide security at limited interaction while on duty.
Best Described as "It Depends"
Security Guard (Former Employee) –  Bensalem, PAJanuary 8, 2018
The job that I held was one of the easier and more relaxed positions within the company. All was well for a long time despite the poor management when I was hired. When new management was hired midway through 2017 the overall experience did improve, but the company policy, the low pay, the inconvenient hours and potential to lose your position WITH NO WARNING AT ALL, was still very apparent. If you absolutely need a job I would say give it a shot as it seems that they are always having positions available since people frequently leave the company (at least in my experience) and look for something more substantial for the future while you're getting paid.
Pros
Cons
Alot
The company provides short term employment assignments
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCJanuary 5, 2018
Its not a bad company. The problem is the assignments are short term which makes it hard for someone who needs a full time position. Overall the assignments were not bad.
Imperial Security
Security Guard (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAJanuary 3, 2018
My overall experience while working for this company was not at all what I'd come to expect or was content to deal with. the management staff was very unappealing and would certainly condone staff/management relationships in the workplace. I liked that I could look forward to a beneficial term of employment after a probationary term. which was fine with me and at the time I was grateful until I found it was a dark place where I would be treated like a lower standard of flesh. I didn't enjoy the personal advancements from my superior officers or the lack of humanism from them or the chain of command in order to make use of a mature understanding.
Pros
light duty
Cons
overcrowded ideals of bussiness
snippet of a typical workday at imperial.
Security Specialist (Current Employee) –  New York, NYDecember 28, 2017
on a normal day at imperial security, would first consist of a briefing for oncoming staff. change of shift would take place and logs and premisses would be check to ensure efficiency.
Good entry level security job
Security Guard (Former Employee) –  Jamesburg, NJDecember 21, 2017
it got me in the door with security. i enjoyed it there's just no room for growth. its a laid back kind of job and the managers there are very welcoming and friendly.
Good Job
Security Guard (Current Employee) –  Florence, NJDecember 16, 2017
Easy laid-back job low paying with ok hours employees and other officers got along very well management was poor. training for new employees scheduling was correct schedule changed on a week-by-week basis
Job-assignment easy, people sometimes difficult
Security Guard (Former Employee) –  N. Keller, TxDecember 10, 2017
there always seemed to be new and different "orders" every day, and it wasn't always clear who was correct as they added new directions each day....
most of the people we watched were cooperative and easy to get along with....
most of the people we worked with (other guards) were cooperative & helpful
creative and responbile work place with snacks
Security Guard (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PADecember 7, 2017
Early moring shirtf everyone on time and everyone gets straight to work til its break time and we are all serparated from one another and work gets done in a desireable time matter and fashion
Pros
good hours 7 days week
Cons
not enough money an hour and short breaks
Beneficial
Commissioned Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXNovember 24, 2017
I can manage my life while working for Imperial. The management is fair and everyone gets a chance to work and be productive while working for Imperial Security.
Do not I repeat do not work for imperial
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Memphis, TNNovember 20, 2017
If you're looking to get hired right away that would definitely happen,because they hire anyone,but the pay sucks the hours and location not to mention no kind of 401k sick leave vacation day or anything,Like I said Imperial is basically to get hired quick make easy quick money and find something new that's if u don't get fired within your first 2weeks of working for them.
Pros
Easy to get hired
Cons
Company and post suck
Easy money
SECURITY OFFICER/GUARD (Current Employee) –  Memphis, TNNovember 13, 2017
If you want quick and easy money, long hours, little pay, no raise, and no opportunity for advancement, this will be an ideal company to work for in a safe environment.
Pros
Easy Money
Cons
No benefits
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXNovember 13, 2017
Easy going, easy work, on your feet all day, 2 breaks no lunch, balanced. Good management, nice co workers, walking around or standing around. temporary job.
Relaxed environment
Unarmed Security Guard (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNNovember 4, 2017
My first post was actually enjoyable, worked with another officer on late shifts. Will say management will give you as many hours as they can when you first start. It's a great part time job when you have flexible hours, management will work with you if your hours aren't so flexible but you may not get posts that are all that enjoyable. Because there are some cases where you'll be sitting in one spot for hours on hours and sometimes as the lone guard. Really your experience with the company depends on where you're posted. Making a decent paycheck requires putting in the hours.
Not a good company
Server (Former Employee) –  Ontario, CANovember 2, 2017
very cheap on wages, not to good of management, very few accounts. late on pay, paperwork was a mess, out of state office, very hard to get things done
Security Guard (Current Employee) –  Rancho Cucamonga, CAOctober 24, 2017
Pay is to low for the work being done, wish it would pay better . Supervision is wonderful work envornment is good. They need more employees to cover lunches and breaks.
Pros
Cons
No 401 k
its true..... temp security service
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Memphis, TNOctober 17, 2017
If you love working all day everyday then its perfect for you if you can deal with attitudes and not getting paid on time or at all. ignorant mang, supervisors, and leads who step on you to try and get ahead which is impossible unless you have a master's in something. I have met guys who have been around imperial 10, 15, and 20 years. Who dnt get paid much than 9$ with no benefits. thats if you last the first year most dont last the first 3 months. You have been warned
Productive place
Security Guard (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PASeptember 11, 2017
It was great hours, i did doubles if needed always was on time. Loved the work place, i had down to earth co workers. My supervisors and manager was awesome.
Terrible
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXSeptember 11, 2017
The management would not listen to the security officers and when concerns were brought up to them they would simply laugh at you and wave you off like it did not matter.