Impossible Foods

Impossible Foods Employee Reviews

As with most new companies this one has it's growing pains. There is a clear path for the goal oriented worker, but when there, most of the people are polite and welcoming. There is a division between the white and blue collars that I had not seen in my 30 years of employment.
Pros
sustainable company, stock options and free vegan meals.
Cons
classism, no path for advancement, nepotism and lack of communication in management and to non-exempt employee.
Corporate work environments are toxic, wherever you go. I did not think it really could get any worse than the work culture at Impossible. For a company that's focused on saving the globe and animals, you would think that people there would have more compassion and empathy.
Pros
The mission was heartfelt and meaningful.
Cons
Lack of empathy, bias riddled, non inclusive
Keeps you busy good money I love working there wish they call me back I got sick. That’s why I’m not there now. Please go take advantage of a great job
My experience was very exciting & informative.A typical day busy or slow,still motivated me to learn different positions & the environment is a family/team setting.
Pros
Plenty available overtime
Cons
Working Temporarily
The work is not hard, they have vegan food for staff, good pay and good benefits. Management need help and need to work on interpersonal skills for the diverse culture they carries.
Would you recommend working at your company?
Help people considering your employer make a good choice.
This company is good short term , but takes MONTHS for an employer to direct hire. Management is great on graveyard, employees are friendly and the company if flexible with the hours
Not much can be said other than it was interesting. It was very fast paced and very competitive. We were fed well and learned a lot about veganism. I learned not to eat fake meat... EVER.
This was by far one of the best companies I have worked for. They are an amazing company. They have lunch cratered. The supervisors except for 1 are all supportive. When you come to work its a family. I loved all my coworkers. If i had the chance I would go back. They train you for everything you need to get the job done. Whatever you need they listen and really try to make it better.
Impossible foods was a great company , is a shame I couldn’t get converted due 2 my mishap at work my attendance was impeccable and everyone loved me it’s a lesson learned and I will Continue 2 be happy with that company
Good luck if you work there and prepare for back stabbing by managers and coworkers. Btw Redwood city employees look down on Oakland employees, so you will feel the racial disparities.
I was excited to work there at first. After a while, I became bored and wanted new job opportunities within the company. I was given a contract for a new position that better suited my skill set. After signing the contract, it was rescinded a couple of months later. I was very disappointed, and decided I would stick it out for as long as I could. In the end, I had enough of the same repetitive, boring work. The people at Impossible Foods are quality people, fun to work with. However, the work in itself was very boring.
Impossible Foods has taught me how to dive into any project with ambiguity and guts. I have had to make quick decisions and still maintain accountability throughout the process.
As a start-up company, they have high level knowledge of the foodservice industry. They should however; bring in higher level sales and marketing employees that are more familiar with how the industry works rather than simply bringing in employees that meet basic qualifications.
Culture of the company is different based on location and demographics of employees. Needs a management Overhaul at all levels and performance should not be based on butt kissing but on quality and consistency of hard work.
Pros
Free food (lunch, breakfast) ; Medical/dental/vision paid by employer
Cons
Says they encourage feedback but it makes you a target; No flexibility with scheduling;
Positive work environment. Easy to approach supervisors and to talk with the CEO. Great incentives. Positive critiques. Good co-workers. Great benefits
Impossible Foods is an amazing company to work for!! The company culture is collaborative, creative, and kind; and the research is innovative, challenging, and rewarding.
I lked my job at impossible Foods, we had a small crew but it was productive but fun. We made vegan burgers. All the ingredients had to be made and then on production days we made the vegan burgers. I ran thw vegan meat through this machine called the F6 and then we put it through the packer and then it got packed into boxes that are labeled and put in freezer.
Pros
Great crew and descent hrs
Cons
Have nothing really bad to say
This is the best company for which I have ever worked! It isn't every day that one is given the chance to make a real difference in the lives of people, animals, and positively affect the global environment. I was fortunate enough to be one of the first people hired (#5 actually) to start this journey into totally uncharted food territory. The people at Impossible Foods make it the great place that it is - caring, wonderful, incredibly intelligent, creative, passionate, professional, and fun-loving people from multiple disciplines all working together to reach an amazing and here-to-fore unreachable destination: Creating plant-based foods that are as good or better than those made from animals. My initial role was to create plant-based, artisan cheeses unlike anything the market had ever seen or tasted. We brought them to market, from idea to delivery, in 18 months! Subsequently, my focus shifted to creating plant-based cheese that could go head-to-head with the best American and Burger cheeses in the market place. What an experience! From bench-top to scale-up in 3 years! While my time at Impossible Foods is over, I will never forget the people, work, and successes we had and will continue to have! My advice to the world: When the Impossible Burger comes to a restaurant near you, try it! You will be simply amazed! I am a chef and I would give up ground beef if I could have a constant supply of Impossible Burger! It is THAT good! Aloha.
Pros
People, culture, management team, my supervisors, the intelligence and energy of everyone, great benefits package, free vegan food all week long, great company celebrations, and more.
Cons
Cost of living in San Francisco Bay area is off the charts, and even as good as the compensation is, it is not enough to live comfortably.
Great team. Cutting edge technology pushing the frontiers of food science and product development. Large effort on cost effective protein purification.
Pros
Team members
Cons
Team members