Impossible Foods Employee Reviews

Company sucks
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Oakland, CANovember 21, 2019
Good luck if you work there and prepare for back stabbing by managers and coworkers. Btw Redwood city employees look down on Oakland employees, so you will feel the racial disparities.
Fast-paced and motivated environment
Supplier Relationship Manager (Current Employee) –  Redwood City, CASeptember 6, 2019
Impossible Foods has taught me how to dive into any project with ambiguity and guts. I have had to make quick decisions and still maintain accountability throughout the process.
Fun environment
Trade Promotions Analyst (Current Employee) –  Redwood City, CADecember 23, 2018
As a start-up company, they have high level knowledge of the foodservice industry. They should however; bring in higher level sales and marketing employees that are more familiar with how the industry works rather than simply bringing in employees that meet basic qualifications.
Dont be fooled
Process Operator (Former Employee) –  Oakland, CANovember 23, 2018
Culture of the company is different based on location and demographics of employees. Needs a management Overhaul at all levels and performance should not be based on butt kissing but on quality and consistency of hard work.
Pros
Free food (lunch, breakfast) ; Medical/dental/vision paid by employer
Cons
Says they encourage feedback but it makes you a target; No flexibility with scheduling;
What to expect
Facility technician (Current Employee) –  Redwood CityAugust 5, 2018
Positive work environment.
Easy to approach supervisors and to talk with the CEO. Great incentives.
Positive critiques.
Good co-workers.
Great benefits
Amazing Inspiring place to work
Scientist (Current Employee) –  Redwood City, CAMay 3, 2018
Impossible Foods is an amazing company to work for!! The company culture is collaborative, creative, and kind; and the research is innovative, challenging, and rewarding.
Very Productive and a great place to work. Great team and managers
Machine operator (Former Employee) –  Bridgeton, NJJuly 20, 2017
I lked my job at impossible Foods, we had a small crew but it was productive but fun. We made vegan burgers. All the ingredients had to be made and then on production days we made the vegan burgers. I ran thw vegan meat through this machine called the F6 and then we put it through the packer and then it got packed into boxes that are labeled and put in freezer.
Pros
Great crew and descent hrs
Cons
Have nothing really bad to say
Incredible company on a mission to make the global food system more sustainable.
Culinarian II / Senior Research Associate (Former Employee) –  Redwood City, CAApril 27, 2017
This is the best company for which I have ever worked! It isn't every day that one is given the chance to make a real difference in the lives of people, animals, and positively affect the global environment. I was fortunate enough to be one of the first people hired (#5 actually) to start this journey into totally uncharted food territory.
The people at Impossible Foods make it the great place that it is - caring, wonderful, incredibly intelligent, creative, passionate, professional, and fun-loving people from multiple disciplines all working together to reach an amazing and here-to-fore unreachable destination: Creating plant-based foods that are as good or better than those made from animals.
My initial role was to create plant-based, artisan cheeses unlike anything the market had ever seen or tasted. We brought them to market, from idea to delivery, in 18 months!
Subsequently, my focus shifted to creating plant-based cheese that could go head-to-head with the best American and Burger cheeses in the market place. What an experience! From bench-top to scale-up in 3 years!
While my time at Impossible Foods is over, I will never forget the people, work, and successes we had and will continue to have! My advice to the world: When the Impossible Burger comes to a restaurant near you, try it! You will be simply amazed! I am a chef and I would give up ground beef if I could have a constant supply of Impossible Burger! It is THAT good! Aloha.
Pros
People, culture, management team, my supervisors, the intelligence and energy of everyone, great benefits package, free vegan food all week long, great company celebrations, and more.
Cons
Cost of living in San Francisco Bay area is off the charts, and even as good as the compensation is, it is not enough to live comfortably.
Fun place to work
Senior Engineer (Current Employee) –  Redwood City, CAJune 17, 2015
Great team.
Cutting edge technology pushing the frontiers of food science and product development. Large effort on cost effective protein purification.
Pros
Team members
Cons
Team members

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Impossible Foods. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

4.5InHerSight Score

4.4Personal Development

4.5Career Opportunities

4.6Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Impossible Foods Reviews by Location