IMVU Employee Reviews

3.7Pay & Benefits
3.6Job Security & Advancement
Fun work but often unprofessional and poor tax practices.
3d Graphic Texture Artist (Current Employee) –  Mountain View, CA 94039October 31, 2017
Pros are working from home and setting your own hours.
Cons are unprofessionalism and taxes are done as 1099, royalties which is a nightmare come April.
Pros
Fun, setting own hours.
Cons
Poor tax practices. Unprofessional.
Imvu
Self Contractor (Current Employee) –  Kansas City, MOOctober 23, 2017
a virtual reality chat sight, chat have fun and make virtual products to sell in the imvu shop/catalog.This site is good for meeting people, i should know it's where i met my husband lol
Pros
hours are flexible
Cons
you have to make A LOT of product but its worth it.
Dont do it
Graphic Designer/Production Artist (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CASeptember 16, 2017
i wouldn't do it, you're better off working at McDonalds. the pay is very fragile and peoples styles change with the culture and if your nt up to date on "whats hot" you have the potential to lose your rank and currency
Solid place to work
Production Artist (Former Employee) –  Redwood City, CASeptember 7, 2017
It can be a bit hectic there only because there are many different projects happening but it's a really really good work environment and i'd work there again in a heart beat.
music
Moderator (Former Employee) –  Mexico, MEJuly 24, 2017
A typical day would be helping in the Staff created Help rooms as well as the Welcome rooms. The help room is a place members can go with client issues, billing, harrassment, hacked accounts or help center issues. It is our job to direct, explain and guide them through the different process or to escalate issues that need staff's attention. I learned to be exceptional patience, teamwork and how to research solutions. Staff are extremely helpful and great mentors. The other forum Moderators are helpful and wok well as a team. The hardest part would be the members who only come to cause trouble for the other member and the Moderators. I have always loved helping people and in this position I am able to do so. It is also a great creative outlet for me and I feel a huge sense of accomplishment when a project is completed.
Work at Home is great
Third Party arts Developer (Former Employee) –  Glendale, AZMarch 31, 2017
It is always good to work in your own home and set your own time. Long hour of work and lots of effort putting in with little in return. Not a real job it is good for entertainment and at the same time make some money on the side. good learning experience.
Pros
Fun, work at home and you own pace, good place to learn
Cons
not a real job.
A fun start-up culture, with a lot of exciting things to learn
Software Engineer (Former Employee) –  Mountain View, CAAugust 12, 2014
The work culture is great at IMVU, and there is always a lot to learn.

A typical day consisted of having daily stand up meetings, developing new features, and pushing code out multiple times a day.
Fun Place to work at with lots of food and ping pong table!
Marketing Promotions Consultant (Former Employee) –  Mountain View, CADecember 13, 2013
WOuld come into work, make myself some breakfast (bagels, cereal, fruit, oatmeal, donuts…act) go to my desk get to work and had a snack then work some more, then caters lunch , then work some. The people there are wonderful, very helpful and nice. Management is always there for you when needed. Everyone helps each other, no "I" in team!
Pros
free lunches, food, drinks, massages, fun environment, wine tasting..
Fun place to work for, great people and kick back office vibe
Marketing Promotions Consultant (Current Employee) –  Mountain View, CAOctober 14, 2013
Very laid back environment with a ping pong table, great snacks and not to mention paid for lunches. Fridays are the best, we get pizza! Love all the people I work for , they are all very nice and are always willing to lend a helping hand.
Fun and creative work
Creator (Voluntary) (Current Employee) –  USSeptember 19, 2013
Advertise my html homepages, this can be on the fourms, on other sites, and in person, once I have a task then I ask for advance money, and give them a questionnaire to fill which allows me to build their own homepage or even a special product.

I also develop clothes, accessories, etc, which are all wearable on the IMVU chat client, I have to make sure it is cheap for all users, and create something unique that everyone likes.
Pros
very flexible
Cons
no earnings
Fun and productive
Community and Staff support (Contractor) (Current Employee) –  Online Social NetworkingSeptember 6, 2013
Pros
Free VIP, a bonus for Christmas
Cons
Not enough money for it to be full time.
Imvu.
Graphic Design Internship (Former Employee) –  Anaheim, CASeptember 4, 2013
Imvu is a home business, a great place to learn how to create graphics, it has homepage and 3D models. :)
Pros
Home Business, Open hours, independent.
Cons
Unpaid, free
It is what you make of it
Virtual Creator  (Current Employee) –  CAMay 25, 2013
You can make money or play, It is up to you if you want to take the time to learn how to become a creator and spend the time making things.
Pros
ability to make money
Productive an independent
Developer (Current Employee) –  Boston, MaMarch 4, 2013
My role is one of independence so I work from home as a contractor where I make my own hours. New applications are added all the time an I learn an implement them into my work. I am my own manager so that's great!! other contractors I deal with are mostly pleasant and easy to collaborate with. There are no real hard parts to what I do an I enjoy the people I meet the most.
Pros
working form home
Dreadful
none (Former Employee) –  CaliforniaAugust 6, 2011
Imvu is not good, you can often get easily banned, what they called disabled, many have complained of being on there some years, having spent thousands of dollars and suddenly one day they can not access their account.
Another worrying thing is the amount of accounts that get hacked, so a lot of them claim on the forums. If you complain to much you get banned and later disabled.
Finally you have no realy safety on there, so despite the minimum age being of 13, anyone young can get access to the site. There is often naked graphic p-o-r-n images too, which makes it very unsettling given the fact there are young teens on the site. IMVU removes the naked images of men, but often avoids and leaves those of the women, for whatever reason, who knows.
If I had to rate the site over all, give it 1 out of 10, better ringing them for someone decent to answer you, but then having said that, just given the run around as you are told to take out a ticket on the site, thus one can wait days or weeks, if they respond to you at all.
As for the offers to get credits, most are a con, surveys all about getting your details off you, to bug you constantly, a serious privacy risk, especially for kids, which it appeals a lot to. And not only that, when you gone through them, often then say sorry at this time not qualified etc. We then have those free things one downloads, and these are often full of spyware or virus.
For a company making so called millions of dollars now, to not be accountable to even paying customers is truly shocking to say the least.