IMVU

IMVU Employee Reviews

If you know how to use the creator programs properly you will have no issue. You will need to have knowledge of programs such as photoshop and a VIP membership and thats it.
They take 65% of all your profits before you get to see the money and still get taxed for it at the end of the year. I would not suggest becoming a creator for them because they consider you free lance despite dipping in to take your profits more then half of it.
Pros
Work Experiance in some game design
Cons
pay
My experience was fine, nothing significantly bad nor good. You have your typical startup culture with the free lunch and snacks, company events and stuff like that.
The leadership and management take time to get to know the employees as people, learn their career goals and help align the growth of that employee with those goals. The humility at the company leads to great cross-functional collaboration and ultimately better solutions for the employees and the customers. The flexilbity to work from home or an alternative office helps employees feel like their life outside of work is valued equally with their role at the company.
Share your experience
Let job seekers know what it's like to work at your company.
I learned how to navigate between computer applications such as Photoshop CS6 as well as Illustrator. I made my own schedule and it was very flexible.
good one enjoyed my work in there and had a lot of fun in the organisation besides my work. I would be grateful for giving me such a support and caring colleagues around me.
Pros
Environment
Cons
No cons.
Pros are working from home and setting your own hours. Cons are unprofessionalism and taxes are done as 1099, royalties which is a nightmare come April.
Pros
Fun, setting own hours.
Cons
Poor tax practices. Unprofessional.
It can be a bit hectic there only because there are many different projects happening but it's a really really good work environment and i'd work there again in a heart beat.
It is always good to work in your own home and set your own time. Long hour of work and lots of effort putting in with little in return. Not a real job it is good for entertainment and at the same time make some money on the side. good learning experience.
Pros
Fun, work at home and you own pace, good place to learn
Cons
not a real job.
The work culture is great at IMVU, and there is always a lot to learn. A typical day consisted of having daily stand up meetings, developing new features, and pushing code out multiple times a day.
WOuld come into work, make myself some breakfast (bagels, cereal, fruit, oatmeal, donuts…act) go to my desk get to work and had a snack then work some more, then caters lunch , then work some. The people there are wonderful, very helpful and nice. Management is always there for you when needed. Everyone helps each other, no "I" in team!
Pros
free lunches, food, drinks, massages, fun environment, wine tasting..
Very laid back environment with a ping pong table, great snacks and not to mention paid for lunches. Fridays are the best, we get pizza! Love all the people I work for , they are all very nice and are always willing to lend a helping hand.
A typical day would be helping in the Staff created Help rooms as well as the Welcome rooms. The help room is a place members can go with client issues, billing, harrassment, hacked accounts or help center issues. It is our job to direct, explain and guide them through the different process or to escalate issues that need staff's attention. I learned to be exceptional patience, teamwork and how to research solutions. Staff are extremely helpful and great mentors. The other forum Moderators are helpful and wok well as a team. The hardest part would be the members who only come to cause trouble for the other member and the Moderators. I have always loved helping people and in this position I am able to do so. It is also a great creative outlet for me and I feel a huge sense of accomplishment when a project is completed.
Pros
Free VIP, a bonus for Christmas
Cons
Not enough money for it to be full time.
Imvu is a home business, a great place to learn how to create graphics, it has homepage and 3D models. :)
Pros
Home Business, Open hours, independent.
Cons
Unpaid, free
You can make money or play, It is up to you if you want to take the time to learn how to become a creator and spend the time making things.
Pros
ability to make money
Cons
My role is one of independence so I work from home as a contractor where I make my own hours. New applications are added all the time an I learn an implement them into my work. I am my own manager so that's great!! other contractors I deal with are mostly pleasant and easy to collaborate with. There are no real hard parts to what I do an I enjoy the people I meet the most.
Pros
working form home