In-N-Out Burger Employee Reviews

Fast passed job with great pay
Cook/Cashier (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXJuly 17, 2018
This job provides great pay along with many opportunities to learn more skills and get raises. The dress code is stricked and the rules are also very stricked.
Pros
Free food on days you work
Fun place to work, great incentives
Level 5 Associate (Former Employee) –  Ontario, CAJuly 17, 2018
You receive a lot of gifts. Pay is good. Employees and management are a hit or miss. Overall a great company to work for. If you do a drive in only, be prepared to work your butt off. If you work at a dine in it’s the easiest job ever
Positive team environemnt
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Rohnert Park, CAJuly 16, 2018
Great company that maintains high company standards. A fast-paced and positive work environment where all team members are important assets to the company and operation.
The company has a very friendly and welcoming environment. Everyone is always ready to teach and guide, there is absolutely no drama or collisions.
Associate (Current Employee) –  Tustin, CAJuly 15, 2018
Healthy environment filled with kind hearted people who are genuine. Management is understanding and flexible with any situation what so ever. I would recommend this line of work to every friend.
Pros
Free meals
In N Out
Store Associate (Former Employee) –  Chula Vista, CAJuly 13, 2018
This was my first job, a typical day here was a non stop fast paced work , maintaining each station clean interacting with 1000+ customers a day.The most enjoyable part was getting along with coworkers as we do treat each other as a family
Good place to work for your first job. Might be a little intimidating and stressful at first but pay is Good
Associate (Current Employee) –  San Jose, CAJuly 12, 2018
If you’re in college or high school this is a good place to work especially for the Pay because it’s the best you will probably be able to get as a student. No piercings had to take my nose one out but it’s worth it for the pay. My shifts were usually 5-6 hours sometimes 8. They always keep you longer than they scheduled you which sucks because they don’t even ask if it’s ok. You will rarely ever get out on time. I’m under 18 and had to stay till 1 am one time! Is that even legal???? Also only one ten minute break if your shift is less than 8 hours which sucks. But you do get a free meal every 4 hours you work. Most employess are friendly but others aren’t. They can be very rude. I started in April and 3 months later and I’m already a level 3! They do promote very quickly as long as you’re a hard worker!!! Don’t be lazy just do your job. That’s something I like a lot. Being new to the job is very stressful because you don’t really get too much 1 on 1 training you just watch about 7 hours of video and they expect you to remember everything and just do it. They also don’t explain everything in the videos and you’ll get in trouble if you do something wrong even if no one told you what’s right and wrong. Also not enough lockers it’s firdt come first serve and I still don’t have one.... other than that it’s ok only thing keeping me is pay to be honest and some nice people
Pros
Great pay, benefits, short hours sometimes, promote fast
Cons
Short breaks, keep you longer and don’t ask, no discounts when not working
Fast food isn't enjoyable.
Associate (Former Employee) –  1970 Crater Lake Hwy, Medford, OR 97504July 12, 2018
Working here was mind numbing. Very simple repetitive work. Customers talked to you as if you were not a person. Management cared more about the customers than the employees. Not enjoyable experience, but pay was good enough to keep you there until you finally can't take the lack of brain function occupation.
Pros
You get a free meal while working.
Cons
No downtime, rude customers, cleaning bathrooms, under appreciated.
Amazing fast paced collaborative work environment
Highland- Host (Current Employee) –  Highland, CAJuly 11, 2018
A typical day of work at In n out will always be recognized as enjoyable for me. The culture is so very hardworking and everyone that is hired, their work ethic is always at 110%.
Pros
Very friendly amazing environment.
Cons
short work shifts
Good work environment and opportunity to advance in the company
Level 6 Associate (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CAJuly 10, 2018
In-N-Out Burger is an amazing place to work. They offer great pay and raises everytime you advance your skills in the company. Provide flexible scheduling for those in school or with another job, and allow you to perfect your customer service skills.
Pros
Free Lunches, Good Pay
Cons
Short breaks, not guranteed hours, not allowed set schedules
very fast and very stressful
In-N-Out -Store Associate (Former Employee) –  Pleasant Hill, CAJuly 9, 2018
its not a amazing job but you get paid very well and you can advance pretty fast if you really want too. management can be very tough they can be strict and mean and even make you cry. if your going to work there you kinda have to give up a self bit of your individuality only natural colored here no wild makeup and its very involved in your life you have meetings to go to about once a month shifts can seem a bit long you'll never have nothing to do at the job there will always been more than one thing that needs to be done.
Pros
free food when you work, good advancements and you get company presents sometimes
Cons
management is tough and its very stressful and fast paced
Level 5 Associate- Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Chino, CAJuly 8, 2018
They only promote internally and you'll get 2 or 3 promotions a year as a store associate. Each promotion has it's own pay raise ranging from 25 cents to 75 cents. They pay far above the minimum wage and keep up with the current annual increase in minimum wage. Great benefits and job perks. They take pride in caring for their employees. Very fast pace job but overall a great opportunity.
very stressful but super fun!
Associate (Current Employee) –  Anaheim, CAJuly 7, 2018
best managers I’ve had so far and such friendly coworkers, I love working there. It’s very high paced and stressful at times, but they are good at picking people who can handle it
Pros
a free meal per shift, quick to advance
Overall Experience of In-N-Out
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Anaheim, CaliforniaJuly 7, 2018
It's a great place to work, the people are nice and it's a fun atmosphere to be in. In-N-Out does a lot to make the employees feel at home, the only issue I've encountered is the amount of hours I am allowed. As well as, the amount of time it takes to even be considered for full time.
Pros
Free lunches, awesome events
Cons
Short breaks
Fast paced fast food stressful demands
Cashier (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAJuly 5, 2018
Working in n out is overrated it is very hectic and always packed. What I found to be the most discriminate is they do not allow tattoos or piercings. IT'S JUST A FAST FOOD PLACE not a 5 star restaurant and they expect to treat it like one. Everybody's different but for me it was not fun whatsoever I like to express myself with body art, piercings and jewelry and they take that as being a lower quality person? Nah
Pros
Animal fries
Cons
Policy, pay
Fast paced and exciting workplace, with a family feel.
Cleanup Associate (Former Employee) –  Covina, CAJuly 5, 2018
Being a cleanup associate for In N Out Burger is a fast-paced and often times stressful position. However, these stresses don't come without reward! In N Out takes great care of associates from the bottom to the top, more than competitive wages, the culture of the company induces positivity throughout the workplace and its employees. This company maintains an extremely close family feel that can't often be replicated.
Pros
Free meal each shift, paid holidays
Cons
no health option for part-timers.
Great place to work excellet job integrity and culture
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Santa Fe Springs, CAJuly 3, 2018
Does not take shortcuts, trains workers to be leaders, maintains quality in food as well as service. Family oriented work environment. Takes care of employees.
Pros
moving up is easy and encouraged
Cons
ending times for shifts varies between 4 to 6
Fun Fast paced environment to work in
Associate (Former Employee) –  Fremont, CA 94538July 3, 2018
I liked this job it was my first occupation and I think working here set a very high standard for my other jobs , after leaving this position for a better paying one i realized that the pa raise wasn't worth the environment I was leaving
Loved working for the company
Associate (Former Employee) –  Fresno, CAJuly 3, 2018
I truly loved being a part of the In-N-Out family. Sadly had to relocate but, I would recommend the job to anyone. It was very fast paced in which I thrived, and it brought such joy to me being able to provide great customer service to my customers.
Pros
free lunches
great
Level 4 Associate (Former Employee) –  San Jose, CAJuly 3, 2018
working at in n out was a great experince, very fast paced which makes the day go by so fast, get to interact with new customers everyday and the regulars that come everyday
Pros
free lunch
Cons
nothing
Productive workplace
Store Associate (Former Employee) –  Norwalk, CA (store 14)July 3, 2018
* You have to be ready to work
* You rarely have down time. The managers make sure you have a task to do.
* Friendly and Outgoing attitude is NEEDED
* Expect to prepare produce and work fast paced
Pros
Free burger and unlimited drinks when you work
Cons
N/a

Ask a question about working or interviewing at In-N-Out Burger. Our community is ready to answer.

4.5

Diversity score

Powered by Comparably

71out of 100

The Comparably Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at In-N-Out Burger.