In-N-Out Burger Employee Reviews

Found 1,437 reviews matching the search See all 1,443 reviews
Working at INO
Level Six (Former Employee) –  American Fork, UTFebruary 17, 2019
Stressful always, navigating the politics and the learning curve of each promotion. But everyone still seems to have an amazing time. It was the best company I have ever worked for but they do not pay enough in Utah. The cost of living in Utah is insane. I quit for more money but I wish I didn't have too.
Fun workplace with room for advancement and a family-like feeling
Associate (Current Employee) –  CaliforniaFebruary 17, 2019
Greatest company I’ve ever worked for! Not the job for everyone though. Can be competitive and stressful due to the customers but the company management, and associates are always great! If you ever have a problem with a manager, the HR department is truly amazing with helping with any problems. Theirs tons of ways to advance in the company too, whether it be for a higher raise or to just experience more. They have company picnics, Christmas gifts every year, goals parties, discounts on merchandise, free food (when you work-and only a certain amount for yourself), safety day gifts and team bonding, plus more I can’t even think of. I’ve worked for the company for over 6+ years- I hadn’t planned to stay that long but once you work there it’s hard to leave. You get paid great for what you do (flipping burgers, etc.). At times, it can get a little competitive with the other associates with trying to get your raise first (since sometimes they only have room for so many levels at once in each store) and sometimes it can be overwhelming due to customers. The policy: “the customer is always right” can be nagging when customers are wrong but try to be right. So it can definitely push your buttons if you have no patience. Other than that, it’s a great company for first time job searchers and anyone who’s been in the food industry!
Pros
Great pay, Room for growth, Free lunches, Store discounts, Health plans, Company picnics, Store Bonding parties, The company really listens to your needs and problems.
Cons
Stressful at times, Can be too competitive, Customers can be very very rude and demanding.
Great environment and fun place to learn skills.
Manager (Current Employee) –  Tracy, CAFebruary 14, 2019
I have worked for this company for about 15 years and every store I have worked at, there is always a family atmosphere. I moved up the ladder from being at the bottom like everyone else who gets hired and have learned a lot of good life lessons and skills.
Pros
Positive environment, company perks, and benefits.
Cons
The direction of the company keeps shifting and so do policies and procedures
It’s a fun but also a productive workplace.
Food Service Worker (Current Employee) –  Ontario, CAFebruary 13, 2019
It’s a fun workplace you get to have a close relationship with other associates around you. It is a very fast paced job have to do a lot of multitasking, need to have a sense of awareness.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
Short breaks
Fast Paced Environment
Store Associate (Current Employee) –  Cerritos, CAFebruary 13, 2019
A typical day at In n Out for each employee was to work about 6 hours depending on business. You learn quickly how to multitask and work with others. It is one of the busiest food chains in California so you are always busy. The age range here is mostly college students so the workplace culture is really nice. The hardest part of the job was the inconsistent hours and never having a consistent paycheck. However, overall, it is a great company with really great pay.
Pros
Free Lunches, Good Pay
Cons
Inconsistent work hours
Associate
Associate (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVFebruary 13, 2019
This will always be my favorite job I've ever worked at. It could get busy quick, but this job was filled with team work and great empoyees who always helped each other out. Not to mention the managers were always so encouraging.
Productive and fun workplace
Store Associate (Current Employee) –  Gardena, CAFebruary 12, 2019
In n out is a good work place to build your communication skills and confidence. Taking orders alone will help you learn how to talk to people. In addition to that, you will learn great customer service skills that will benefit you for a lifetime.
Pros
Free meal
The funnest place I ever worked at
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Irvine, CAFebruary 11, 2019
Great company with great benefits, free meal day, friendly and hard working employees also a great environment. Every one is very friendly and they make you feel at home. Definitely one of the most amazing places to work for.
What a place.
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Lawndale, CAFebruary 11, 2019
Tons of customer service, we're taught that the customer is the main priority and maintaining quality in the products that we sell.
it was a great experience.
Fantastic Establishment
Store Associate (Former Employee) –  Roseville, CAFebruary 10, 2019
I absolutely loved working at In-N-Out. It was a great job that provided a fast-paced environment along with an exceptional atmosphere. Everyone was driven with a goal o provide great food with great customer service. Consistency for the customer was everything.
Great work environment! Always fun going to work
Level 4 Associate (Former Employee) –  Encinitas, CA 92024February 8, 2019
The managers are usually very understnding. They care about your growth as an associate as well as a person. They like to help out in whatever way they can.
Great Job
Helper (Former Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZFebruary 8, 2019
Anyone who is looking for an honest job with real teamwork, this is the place to work. This job is one of the few places where true teamwork exists and it is a wonderful thing.
Pros
Free burger per shift
I love there burgers as much as I love working there.
Team Member/Level 3 (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXFebruary 7, 2019
AMAZING I really enjoy my days working at in n out we alwys seem to have fun or at least try and have a good time even if we are at work at the moment.
Fast-paced and organized
Associate (Former Employee) –  Simi Valley, CAFebruary 7, 2019
Not much socializing with other workers, everyone just doing their job, very fast-paced but also organized and structured. Managers are almost always amazing people.
Pros
free food every time you work.
Fast paced and friendly work environment
Cleaning Crew (Current Employee) –  New Braunfels, TXFebruary 6, 2019
Cleaning crew begins work at 5:30 am and handles cleaning of the inside and outside of the store. This includes cleaning various equipment. They also handle receiving deliveries and putting away products.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
Inconsistent procedures
very fast paced working environment
Level 3 Associate (Current Employee) –  Rialto, CAFebruary 6, 2019
working at in n out burger is very stressful. everyone is always moving and there is always something to do, even when its slow. because in n out is a very popular company, its always busy which makes it hard to get training and raises.
Pros
free burger and fry per shift
Cons
lack of training
fast pace environment
STORE ASSOCIATE / CASHIER (Former Employee) –  Fresno, CAFebruary 4, 2019
I suggest anyone interested in this job be prepared to get worked to the bone. The job requires and a lot of fast thinking and moving; there is no time for second-guessing.
Busy work environment
Store Associate (Former Employee) –  Burbank, CAFebruary 4, 2019
Clocked in and was assigned to a specific task. Handled the rush and the downtime. Switched out between task periodically. Fun work environment as far as getting along with coworkers.
Fun place to work at, family environment
In-N-Out Associate (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVFebruary 4, 2019
Working at in-n-out is not an easy job. You are expected to learn fast and always be doing something. The quicker you catch on the more likely you are to be trained and rise. I have always been apart of the company (having 2 parent involved with INO). I couldn’t imagine working anywhere else. I always feel welcomed and know I can count on those around me to help me at work or outside the work place. You get paid very well and they are flexible with hours. It is not the job for everyone but I have learned many things that I feel will allow me to be successful in the future.
Pros
Free lunch, work parties
Cons
Physically demanding
high speed and goes by fast
Store Associate (Current Employee) –  Atascadero, CAFebruary 1, 2019
You do have to work hard, but it is worth it because it makes the time go by fast. Fun environment once you make some friends and become comfortable with everything.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at In-N-Out Burger. Our community is ready to answer.

4.5

Ratings from women

3.3InHerSight Score

3.2Personal Development

3.8Career Opportunities

3.0Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight