In-Shape Health Clubs Employee Reviews

relaxing
Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Vacaville, CASeptember 25, 2018
great environment. very clean and people friendly. has 4 pools and a playground for kids. tennis and raquetball courts are available forr use. privte zaunas
overall experience
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Stockton, CASeptember 17, 2018
I liked my time working for the company. Great coworkers and a great company to stay and grow with. My only negative is it was sometimes tough for sales due to them saturating the market.
Fun and comfortable.
Group Exercise Instructor (Former Employee) –  Capitola, CASeptember 10, 2018
I was an exercise group instructor and conduct my class in a timely manner.
My experience with the company was pleasant, since I had scheduled classes twice a week, and minimal interaction with the employees,
I received good feedback from students and supervisor for my compassionate, energetic, motivated personality.
Pros
Independence
Cons
Not enough hours
Productive work place
KIDS CLUB TEAM LEAD (Former Employee) –  Fairfield, CASeptember 9, 2018
I learned about team building. Management was always involved. Workplace was very comfortable.Hardest part about the job was making schedules with the limited hours available.Most enjoyable part was working with kids.
Customers are great!
Front Desk Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Hanford, CASeptember 1, 2018
Management is very unprofessional doesn’t trust employees to do their job. Feels the need to micro-manage. Issues are always arising at this location.
good place to work for
Data Entry Clerk (Current Employee) –  Stockton, CAAugust 31, 2018
typical day at work
good company to work for
free membership as an employee
good people to work with
member service
learned alot of new things and challenges
My Review Of Inshape
Front Desk Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Tracy, CAAugust 13, 2018
One of the Greatest Companies I’d ever worked for. If I still lived in California, I’d still be working there currently. Too bad I had to move across the country!
Managers really can make or break.
KIDS CLUB ATTENDANT (Former Employee) –  Victorville, CAAugust 7, 2018
When I first started I had a wonderful manager who cared about the company and all of its employees. This manager received a well deserved promotion to another location, but the next person lasted about a month. This manager couldn't handle the fast paced environment.The next person they brought in had no business being anywhere near a management position. This manager would yell at employees, belittle them, and make work very stressful. If you stood up to this manager they would cut your hours. Upper management and corporate didn't care as long as the club had good reviews, and it passed inspections.
I worked evening so I came in just as it started to get super busy. We would check the children in and open the gate for the child. My job included watching recording and sometimes distracting the children in the kids club while their parents worked out. Being with the children was amazing, and led me to my current line of work, it was really the high stress of this environment that I did not like.
horrible
FRONT DESK CLERK (Current Employee) –  CaliforniaAugust 3, 2018
loved the job as a lead but management is horrible absolutely no communication, gas cut costs where they can to get their yearly bonuses no matter what department or person it hurts.
no advancement, no care for the "little guy"
Maintenance Technician (Former Employee) –  Turlock, CAJuly 25, 2018
they will work you to death with minimal compensation. Management is running around like chickens with head cut off. Management for maintenance is running the team but doesn't know how to do any of the work themselves. Unreasonable work timelines
The upper management couldn't care less about you
Manager (Former Employee) –  Carmel, CAJuly 18, 2018
I worked as a manager at one of the local gyms. I didn't receive the support I felt like I needed to do my job. I had to figure everything out on my own. The only support we got was how to sell as much as possible. We had sales quotas to meet for session of personal training. Our turn over was incredibly high because the pay was terribly low.

The higher ups couldn't care less about their employees or guests. I saw it from the inside and ran when I could.
Company Culture is amazing
Group Fitness Instructor (Current Employee) –  Bakersfield, CAJuly 14, 2018
Positive environment that enables the group fitness instructors to engage with the members safely with fun activities for all fitness levels to reach their health goals.
Always moving
Front Desk Clerk/Night Auditor (Current Employee) –  Bakersfield, CAJuly 4, 2018
You have a lot of daunting tasks that make it not worth it for the low salary. I worked in two locations. One in the Central Valley and another in the Bay Area. I worked overnight in the valley so I got more hours and pay than the typical daytime workers. But, working in the Bay Area where everything is so expensive there was nothing more to offset for the change in cost of living. It almost made it pointless to have a job with such low pay rates.
Good
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Bakersfield, CAJune 26, 2018
Just enough to get by. It paid some bills ,but it all depend if you get promoted to sales manager. If you're just a house keeper like I was it's only 11 dollars hr.
Fun
Membership Counselor (Former Employee) –  Porterville, CAJune 7, 2018
I was fairly young. The job was great I learned a lot in that field and it was a lot of fun. I have nothing negative to say more than I had a great experience working for them.
decent for a starter job but nothing to stay full time at
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Merced, CAJune 4, 2018
It's a swell company til you continue to show up to work and see how much they do not care about their employees nor members. Everyone is basically a walking dollar sign. The housekeeping staff are underappreciated and over worked. There are absolutely no benefits and the hours are pretty sub par.
Pros
free membership
Cons
literally everything else
Boring
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Ceres caMay 25, 2018
Bad management no benefits no one seems to know what they are doing Members at this gym are completely uncaring and very disrespectful and rude. Bad atmosphere.
Pros
Free membership
Cons
No benefits
Awesome place to work
Membership Councilor (Former Employee) –  Bakersfield, CAMay 24, 2018
You get a free membership, its a fast paced commission based job that pays pretty well if you put in the work. The management is great and the culture is fun. You get to meet a lot of new people. I would definitely work there is the pay was better.
Pros
Free membership
Great Club Members and Wonderful staff
Operations Manager (Former Employee) –  Stockton, CAMay 22, 2018
Very fast paced work environment, 3 Plus meetings per day. I learned how to lead a team of 40 plus staff members. Input time sheets,and make orders. Take inventory, order all supplies for club operations.
Conduct monthly safety meetings. Provide excellent customer service. Hardest part of the job was meeting monthly sales goals. The most enjoyable part of the job, the members and staff.
Management was great when onsite.
Pros
The members and staff
Cons
No work/life balance - late work hours
Very productive work place
Custodian (Former Employee) –  Modesto, CAMay 21, 2018
A gym is a place for many oppurtunities and working at the gym opened me up to a lot of them and I got to experience that with the in shape family. Its a good place to work and work out.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at In-Shape Health Clubs. Our community is ready to answer.

See reviews about