In-Shape Health Clubs Employee Reviews

Awesome place to work
Membership Councilor (Former Employee) –  Bakersfield, CAMay 24, 2018
You get a free membership, its a fast paced commission based job that pays pretty well if you put in the work. The management is great and the culture is fun. You get to meet a lot of new people. I would definitely work there is the pay was better.
Pros
Free membership
Great Club Members and Wonderful staff
Operations Manager (Former Employee) –  Stockton, CAMay 22, 2018
Very fast paced work environment, 3 Plus meetings per day. I learned how to lead a team of 40 plus staff members. Input time sheets,and make orders. Take inventory, order all supplies for club operations.
Conduct monthly safety meetings. Provide excellent customer service. Hardest part of the job was meeting monthly sales goals. The most enjoyable part of the job, the members and staff.
Management was great when onsite.
Pros
The members and staff
Cons
No work/life balance - late work hours
Very productive work place
Custodian (Former Employee) –  Modesto, CAMay 21, 2018
A gym is a place for many oppurtunities and working at the gym opened me up to a lot of them and I got to experience that with the in shape family. Its a good place to work and work out.
Excellent Organizaiton with room for advancement
Instructor (Former Employee) –  Hanford, CAMay 18, 2018
A typical class would include one hour of Instructing Zumba dance fitness moves to members. The most enjoyable part of being an Instructor is to the positive results from the members.
Working at inshape was great the managment was just poor.
Kids Club Attendant (Former Employee) –  Fairfield, CAMay 16, 2018
I LOVED my job, out of all the jobs I have ever had working at Inshape in the day care was my favorite. It was just the managment that was poor, and our hours were always being cut which I did not appreicate.
Pros
Free membership
Cons
Not guaranteed a fix amount of hours. Managment.
Stepping stone
Front Desk Lead (Former Employee) –  Fairfield, CAMay 8, 2018
Being a Front Desk Lead was a good step in the door for supervisory and management experience. Sometimes it's really fast paced so the job would require you to multitask at a fast pace and other times it would be really slow such as early in the morning, mid day/lunch time and past 8pm. The culture there is very fun and you meet a lot of new people. The management was also very fun to work with and there was hardly a dull moment working there. The only thing I didn't love about the job was the pay rate.
Your average gym
Membership Sales Counselor (Former Employee) –  Modesto, CAMay 3, 2018
Environment is typical but management wants you to dress like an executive where you[re not allowed unnatural hair color or facial piercings even though in my opinion appropriate gym attire should suffice. You do have to enjoy sales for this job so not for everyone since you're independent so you have to be aggressive to make money. The benefits are little to none and there's only so much you can advance. The staff was ok to work with and clients are generally pretty easy going. It is a health club after all.
Pros
Environment
Benefits
In-shape
Front Desk/ House Keeper (Former Employee) –  Bakersfield, CAMay 2, 2018
It was a good place to work at just a lot of stress on one person to do so much work like clean the whole entire gym. I met a lot of great people like coworkers or customers. I learned a lot and now how to clean better or what to use.
Very productive, fast pace, and fun!
Kids Club Attendant (Former Employee) –  Stockton, CAApril 22, 2018
Inshape overall was such a great second job for me! I loved my coworkers and the members at the gym. It’s veru fast pace and fun but it was because I worked at the busiest gym. Only con is that they never worked with my school schedule and would not follow my availability for some weeks.
Pros
Free membership
Fun place to work
Membership Advisor (Current Employee) –  Bay Area, CAApril 22, 2018
Can be stressful at times but that comes with the sales culture. If you have good work ethic you will succeed. However, advancement is rare. Enjoy the free membership!
Slow paced at times fast paced at times always something to keep you busy.
Housekeeping (Former Employee) –  Los Banos, CAApril 10, 2018
Not difficult job at all, perfect for someone who wants something light as a second job or is starting out. The most time consuming part of the day is cleaning the pool area. Other than that you walk around facility making sure everything is tidy.
ok place to work but highly political
Anonymous (Current Employee) –  Stockton, CAApril 8, 2018
The foundation is there but a lot of work is needed in order to make it a great place to work. Life is good if you're one of the cool kids. Otherwise don't waste your time or effort. The work life balance they preach is just that - words.
Pros
free gym memberships
Cons
Zero work life balance, low pay and terrible benefits, no retirement
Fun workplace
Personal Trainer (Current Employee) –  Modesto, CAApril 6, 2018
Fun workplace, free gym membership when you work there and you get to be relaxed. You work only when you need to train clients you have gotten theough floor pool.
it's a very nice place to work
Kids Club Attendant (Former Employee) –  Shingle Springs, CAApril 4, 2018
A typical day at work includes greeting club members and making sure the club stays clean as well as the children who attend the kids club are safe and having fun. Lunches are required before the 5th hour of work. Overtime is very much frowned upon. The new management at the club I work at is amazing. They have changed the way people look at working at the club.
Pros
free membership, amazing coworkers
Cons
low pay with no raises
It's okay
Kid's Club Attendant and Recreation Monitor (Former Employee) –  Stockton, CAMarch 28, 2018
Good part-time work, I worked here in High-School and that worked out well. I had a great manager and then a new manager who slept with employees and took advantage of the facility by allowing his family to come in for free. There was a lot of "looking the other way" but again, this was years ago and can vary per location.
Awesome place to work. Changes evry 5 minutes.
Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Hanford, CA 93230March 22, 2018
Awesome place to work. Management was awesome from Regional to Ground Level. They want to make a difference. The issue is they don't know how they have the right fundamentals but the plan changes every month. Compensation agreement actually states it will be revised every 90 days. they eliminate positions and let good people go to only change their minds re open the same position and hire unqualified people. once those people get a hang of it, it might get changed again.
Pros
Friendly outgoing people, High Energy, Ideas are heard.
Cons
Life Iimpacting big changes EVERY month or so.
fun place
carpets and other housekeeping mostly daycare (Former Employee) –  Tracy, CAMarch 19, 2018
This was a member only sports club.I worked in the daycare dept and also cleaning and maintenace.Was given free membership while working there. Also was able to enjoy the pools,hot tub,tanning beds.
Pros
free membership
Cons
only part-time
Productive workplace
Fitness Manager (Former Employee) –  Capitola, CAMarch 10, 2018
Very fast pace environment while working with members. Can be a very competitive workplace and very productive. While working in the position of fitness manager the most enjoyable part of the job was helping new members realize their mental and physical goals and going after them while helping them have a better understanding of how the body functions in a fitness environment.
Pros
Great place to excersize.
Cons
Upper corporate management.
Fast-paced Customer Service Oriented Days
Membership Sales Advisor (Former Employee) –  Palmdale, CAMarch 2, 2018
Fun job
Get to interact with tons of people
Help people with their health and fitness goals
Centered around health and fitness
Making people enjoy their lives
Great workout environment with many amenities.
Group Fitness Instructor (Current Employee) –  Victorville, CAFebruary 28, 2018
They have beautiful clubs that are great to come to work at everyday.

Its wonderful working with fitness minded employees that help strengthen the team work environment.

The challenges can be the constant changing fitness industry.

The best rewards are helping members live healthier more productive lives.
Pros
Beautiful clubs. Employee paid membership
Cons
No family membership unless minimum hours are worked, which are not made available to all instructors.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at In-Shape Health Clubs. Our community is ready to answer.