Incyte Diagnostics Employee Reviews

Typical top heavy healthcare establishment
Lab (Former Employee) –  Washington StateAugust 8, 2019
Incyte specializes in pathology, so if your a histo tech, PA or pathologist it could be a good company for you.....if you don't need health benefits for your family. Lower positions get like a $.32 raise once a year, some may think "hey its better than nothing"....but healthcare for a family is around $900 a month, so if you make $15.50 an hour as an accessioner, there is a real life possibility that you might owe the company money if you take unpaid days off, but luckily you do get some PTO. Also, best to keep to yourself, because there are a lot of employees that back stab and live to tell on people. Maybe to become managements star employee or just because now a days grown adults are boo babies. I do know one thing though, this is one of those places where happiness goes to die and its noticable on the faces of a lot of employees. You will make more money in Bellevue as opposed to Richland for the same position, so keep that in mind if your okay with moving! Incyte has the potential to be an amazing company all around, they just need to tweek a few things and focus more on employee happiness and morale. Sometimes doughnuts and potlucks every now and then just doesnt cut it.
Pros
A lot of the pathologists are really cool people
Cons
Expensive medical, noticeable favortism, backstabbing
Enjoyed working with the people.
Histotechnician (Former Employee) –  Yakima, WAJuly 24, 2019
Management was very supportive of their staff. Always looked forward to working at Incyte. They were very supportive in the hours that best matched my life style. They did a good job recognizing deserving staff with bonus.
Good lab with great people
System Analyst (Former Employee) –  Spokane Valley, WAMay 20, 2019
I was able to wrangle a huge MSSQL database and assist in restructuring their VMWare environment to handle the ever-increasing data loads. It was a fun challenge to take on.
"Profit, profit, profit..."
Full Time (Laboratory) (Current Employee) –  Washington StateMay 9, 2019
Embarrassingly low wages (except for those in management & leadership roles)

Inept senior management team focused on personal gain (culture of "profit before people")

Clear corporate culture of "profit before people" resulting in high employee turnover & career dissatisfaction

Over reliance on temporary workforce due to an inability to attract & retain long-term employees

Lack of decisive/inspired leadership throughout management "team"

Advancement based on favoritism & informal membership in work "cliques" (political environment)
Pros
Hard working co-workers capable of tolerating inexperienced management
Cons
Low wages for most non-salaried positions, very poor healthcare plan/benefits (in an attempt to maximize shareholder profitability), political environment favoring the "in crowd" vs. experience or ability, management treats employees as liabilities to be "dealt with"
Great place to work with great people
Substitute Courier Driver (Current Employee) –  Pendleton, ORApril 4, 2019
Company treats workers well. Enjoy getting to travel & get outdoors when working. Enjoy getting to meet people at the different locations the job takes you.
Company great, management is meh.
Billing Specialist (Former Employee) –  Spokane, WAApril 2, 2019
My manager was always mean to me and made me feel less. The pay was great, cool kind of flexible schedule as long as you got the 40 hours in kind of thing. Some of the people were nice but some weren't but I feel that's typical in office work. The HR was amazing and some other departments were awesome. I felt bullied a lot of the time from management and I heard that happens a lot in different departments. Overall it's nice if you can keep to yourself and be a self starter.
Pros
Flexible schedule, hours were nice, pay was great.
Cons
Poor management
Enjoyable place to work that values its employees
Service Desk Technician (Current Employee) –  Spokane Valley, WAFebruary 14, 2019
This is a great place to work and regularly has small events throughout the year to show employee appreciation that includes all departments and people that work overnight as well. Management is very easy to get along with and willing to listen to and work with their employees.
Great
mid level (Former Employee) –  Spokane, WAJuly 29, 2018
Best place to work ever, wonderful people, awesome bosses and supervisors. Learning takes place everyday in an extremely collaborative and helpful focused laboratory environment.
Good Environment
Accessioner (Former Employee) –  Valley, WAJuly 9, 2018
I worked nights and the people were friendly and supportive. While you were pushing for numbers, it didnt feel like you were being pressured. Good place to work.
It was a good place to work.
Lab Assistant (Former Employee) –  Spokane, WAJune 23, 2018
A good place to work and many opportunities for advancement. Great Benefits for long term employees. Learned many skills needed to advance in your career.
Cons
Grave yards
Excellent Place to Work
Staff Cytotechnologist (Former Employee) –  Spokane, WAJune 6, 2018
Between the benefits and employee appreciation they are an excellent work place. They provide ample training and opportunities for all of their employees.
Toxic environment
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Spokane, WAFebruary 28, 2018
No support from the C suite. Terrible leadership in general. Would not recommend anyone to apply. Never listened to middle managers and lacked in the ability to provide clear guidance on duties.
Challenging job and awesome co-workers who all agree that patient care comes first!
Accessioner - Assistant Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Bellevue, WAJuly 18, 2017
The accessioning job is typically repetitive, but also challenging. There is some criticial thinking involved. We work independently to enter patient, MD and specimen information into the LIS. The culture is one in which we strive to do our best, while looking for ways to be more efficient. The hours range from 12pm to 2:30am and includes a shift differential to compensate. My favorite parts of the job is my co-workers and management trying to do right and listen to employee's.
The hardest part is that it can be too repetitive sometimes (but there is mobility in tasks if needed.)
Pros
Competitive pay/benefits, co-workers
Cons
repetitive
Slide mill, good is never good enough
Histology Technician (Current Employee) –  Bellevue, WAFebruary 4, 2017
Great fellow employees, but it really felt like a production "slide mill." Just turning out the slides. You hit your "slide production goal" only to then be told great, now increase it more. Rinse and repeat. It never felt as if good was good enough!

The other employees help reduce the cranking out the slides production line feel to it.. but over all sometimes that's not enough to make it feel less like drudgery.
Pros
Great co-workers
Cons
Production line feel to it!
Work on data entry and research for demographics and insurance that takes a lot time
Pre-Billing Specialist (Former Employee) –  Spokane, WAJanuary 26, 2017
I liked it there, but I was not a good fit and could not fulfill their production requirements to their standards. I enjoyed the people and my superviser. I am an over thinker and would spend too much time researching the correct information to submit a clean claim.
Billing Specialist (Current Employee) –  Spokane, WAFebruary 8, 2015
My coworkers are the best people to work with, learn from and basically keep the environment from feeling like a job and more like a visit each day.
Pros
Na
Cons
Na