Indeed Employee Reviews

Featured review
Indeed selected this as a representative review
Fortunate to Work at Indeed
Manager (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXMarch 25, 2018
When I was looking for a new job, Indeed was at the top of my list. I only interviewed at Indeed and one other top tech company, and I am so glad I got the opportunity I did at Indeed. While many top tech companies have offices in Austin, Indeed is headquartered here, which means you get to be in the heart of the action and have a lot of exposure to all different departments. Additionally, I feel good about what the company does. There really is a focus on the jobseeker. Indeed maintains a clear sense of morals and dedication to helping jobseekers and employers. The CEO is very positive and that sets a good culture. While the compensation could be higher, I recently had a family emergency and the support I received from my managers and team members surpassed anything I could have expected, which has been invaluable. What really makes the company great is the people and supportive managers.

Indeed is growing rapidly across the globe, which provides great opportunities to work on global projects. There are certainly growing pains with Indeed's rapid growth, and I would encourage leadership to continue getting comfortable delegating to Director and Manager level employees to avoid slowing things down. We also have work to do to ensure that our processes aren't overly cumbersome as we grow. However, I have seen that management at Indeed does really try to consider feedback and make tangible improvements. I am confident that the company has the right culture and people to overcome any obstacles and I'm excited for Indeed's growth long-term. Iit's a great time to be at
  more... the company.

The experience working in our main office really is a six star experience with everything from extra-curricular groups and activities to gourmet lunches. It would be hard to find a better place to work in Austin.
Pros
Great team, international travel, lots of projects to choose from, continued education, catered lunch, beautiful office
Cons
compensation could be higher, growing pains
Fun, low key and unique
Quality Support Specialist (Current Employee) –  Stamford, CTApril 19, 2018
Indeed is a fantastic organization to work for! Colleagues quickly become family and the culture makes you feel right at home! The work/life balance standard they have created with unlimited PTO is hard to find or even know of these days.
Productive environment where I feel valued
Senior Account Executive (Current Employee) –  New York, NYApril 13, 2018
I've had a lot of jobs before that I worked really hard, but didn't feel like I had an impact. I've been able to use my skills to get ahead here. When I've wanted to take on different responsibilities, I've been able to do those with help from my director and leadership. I feel like I've been here for a good amount of time and I've had opportunities to advance myself and learn about my potential.

I never plan on leaving Indeed based on my experiences here over the last 2.5 years.
Pros
Open floorplan, weekly lunches, breakfast daily, in and out of office happy hours, unlimited PTO, actual work/life balance. Competitive pay.
Cons
good benefits and comfortable environment
Account Receivable Analyst (Current Employee) –  DublinApril 11, 2018
The room and the places are relax; sometimes a bit too much, some people exaggerate and forget to work. Everything is made to be comfortable for all employees.
Benefits available
All of these make us forget that we are working in a stressfull environment with high targets.
Great Place to work and make friends
EMEA Site Operations - Senior Associate (Former Employee) –  DublinApril 9, 2018
INDEED is my favorite employer so far. If I didn't have to relocate, I would probably still work for INDEED.
Good salary and perks (Happy hour on Friday and unlimited vacation).
Great for fun out of college. Not great for career advancement.
Client Services Representative (Former Employee) –  New York, NYApril 5, 2018
Limited career growth.
---> Very few management roles open up over the course of a year, as a result, you may see 50-75 internal applicants for a single role.
- Many people awarded with management/director roles due to their longevity at the company, not because they are a good fit for the position.
---> Very few quality managers within company.
- Managers play "favorites" with direct reports
---> Develop friendships outside of the office, that carry over into the office
---> Lunches select members on the team
- Office culture is tolerant of everyone's beliefs, as long as they are liberal beliefs
---> There were managers openly complaining about President Trump's election in team meetings.
---> This creates a negative environment for anyone with conservative/religious beliefs.
- People will tell you Indeed has a "work hard/play hard" mentality...except, many people don't work very hard.
---> Lots of in-office distractions; pool table, ping pong, video game area, while not enough quiet work space.
- Customers frustrated with lack of true innovation with products. Most products appear to just be ways to charge more for the same type of applicant.
---> It has been several years since there was a true "game changing" innovation.
- Changes to bonus structure resulted in significantly less, with no real reasoning as to why the change was made.
- Those that question process/decision making are viewed as combative/problems.
- Overall, employee satisfaction has been on a downward trend for the last 12-24 months.
---> This is directly observed in the downward trend
  more... of their Glassdoor ranking.  less
Pros
- Relaxed office atmosphere., - Free snacks., - t-shirts, - Monthly Happy Hours, - Weekly lunches, - Daily Breakfast
Cons
Limited career growth., - Lack of innovation., -Everyone is replaceable.
Great place to make your passion a reality
Account Executive (Current Employee) –  New York, NYApril 4, 2018
I have had numerous roles at Indeed in a very short period of time. They allow for you to explore new options and run with ideas that might benefit the job seeker. We are always thinking of the Job seeker!
Pros
Food, Benefits, Growth, Happy environment
Cons
If you're in sales - calling HR all day - tough people to deal with
Account Executive (Former Employee) –  New York, NYMarch 27, 2018
Can be very stressful much like any other sales job. The company is growing at a great pace. Switched to unlimited PTO but people end up taking less time off; would have rather kept the regular accrual.
Pros
Good people, clear expectations, good perks.
Cons
Can be very cut throat and very cliquey - even among your own team.
Great Place
Software Engineer (Current Employee) –  AustinMarch 26, 2018
Good challenging work. I work with smart engineers who are willing to help and help you learn. Management cares about your career advancement and wants to help you succeed.
Pros
Lunches, snacks, coffee
Great culture, smart people, hard work, pains in growth
Remote worker (Current Employee) –  RemoteMarch 22, 2018
Great people, I couldn't say enough of about the people; however, management and senior leadership is difficult. They are a squad. Hard work - always felt it took a toll on me and my family. Medium pay, not competitive enough with other roles in the market. Feel confident in selling the product, Indeed is always testing and doing what is for the greater good of the people - we help people get jobs. I think the fast growth has hurt our culture and communication but that is still an important factor for Indeed. Which means, you can still feel like you are a part of an org that really does care about the bigger picture. Great PTO (unlimited) and great benefits!
Really Great Company
ACCOUNT EXECUTIVE (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXMarch 20, 2018
A very young team in the entry-level roles, however a very good company as a whole. I loved the team and the atmosphere and everything they did for us.
100 Best workplaces
Accounts Receivable Specialist (Current Employee) –  New York, NYMarch 15, 2018
The mission is simple and clear, everyone is essentially working towards changing the world and bettering people’s lives, one job at a time. Indeed a great place to work.
Management is cut-throat; Toxic Culture
Marketing (Former Employee) –  AustinMarch 10, 2018
They treat you like a replaceable part here. Management is more interested in their career then help you with yours. They pay well but that will come at a cost so make sure you come with eyes open. Just bad! Also they have questionable ethics in the name of growth.
Pros
Pay
Cons
Management, Ethics
Innovative positive environment
Data Researcher (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXMarch 6, 2018
Very innovative company and it's great helping clients get jobs in a global market. Everyone is professional & positive to work with. The relaxed work environment allows working remote sometimes, which was awesome for saving on gas and on bad weather days.
Pros
Strong technological presence.
Cons
Training
Substandard leadership
Marketing (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXMarch 6, 2018
Indeed is the definition of a company built on band-aid solutions and bad middle management.

Although there are interesting projects to work on here, getting them accomplished is nearly impossible. Indeed has grown so fast that there is no proper infrastructure to support employees for success.

Senior management lacks a clear vision and strategy, therefore, there is a lot of wasted time and money swirling on projects that go nowhere. There is no accountability for leaderships poor decision making and wastage.
Pros
Free food, open PTO, some travel depending on the team
Cons
Literally everything else
Posturing, Politics and Hierarchy.
Product Marketing Manager (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXMarch 2, 2018
I help people find jobs.

And I love that mission. I truly believe Indeed is a great company and would recommend it to others.

I'm completely behind the CEO and senior leadership's vision.

I love the product team with which I work. They're wonderful and bright people.

However, the marketing org is more political and corporate than those of my past companies. What I mean by that is there is clear downward pressure in the way management instructs which results in a stronger feeling of being micromanaged as a cog than in other tech companies at which I've worked. Don't talk to directors directly, and ask your manager to talk to their manager to talk to them. Be prepared to get your work reviewed every rung of the way up to the top of marketing only for it to get completely scrapped at the end, wasting months of time in middle management churn.

I recommend the company but not the product marketing team.
Pros
I help people find jobs. Amazing product. Free food.
Cons
Middle management. Politics. 90s corporate tropes and euphemisms.
Great company
B2B SPECIALIST (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXFebruary 27, 2018
Indeed overall as a company was great to work for. Overall, at times it felt that if you did not fit a certain category, or "look", you were passed up. After applying and interviewing several times, I finally decided to walk away. I still hold out hope that one day I may get my foot in the door.
Amazing company with lots of room to grow
Full Stack Developer (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXFebruary 17, 2018
Indeed is a fantastic place to work. I've been able to grow into an entirely new role without leaving my team. Two levels of managers above me have been going out of their way to help me progress my career, including asking about my career desires, suggesting new projects to build those skills, and giving me time to grow in those skills.
Good company, but team was not managed well
Associate (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXFebruary 11, 2018
Indeed is a good company. However my specific manager and team was not very collaborative. Company overall has a good culture. There is a good work-life balance, if you intend to keep it that way.
Fun workplace
Data Analyst (Former Employee) –  New York, NYFebruary 5, 2018
Great place to work with relaxed environment but low salary in comparison to competitors in the area. Unlimited PTO is great and the perks of working at indeed are great
Pros
Unlimited PTO, benefits/perks
Amazing Place to Work
Strategist (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJanuary 26, 2018
Everything here works as it should. Just an awesome work environment with awesome people. Indeed will be the top name in the job search/recruitment game for a long time.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Indeed. Our community is ready to answer.

4.4

Ratings from women

InHerSight Score

3.7Personal Development

3.0Career Opportunities

3.9Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight