Indeed Employee Reviews

4.4
Ratings breakdown
Featured review
Indeed selected this as a representative review
Great Office Environment - Major Opportunity to Make $$$
Account Executive (Current Employee) –  New York, NYJuly 7, 2018
Working at Indeed has been the best decision I’ve ever made. The office culture is amazing, and the sales “pit” is full of energy throughout the day. If you don’t get pumped up on the floor just by listening to everyone else on the phone, this probably isn’t the job for you.

There are several ongoing training opportunities, and depending on who your Director is, you could have an amazing direct team experience, too.

As for the elephant in the room, YES, you can ACTUALLY use our unlimited PTO policy, which you’d be hard pressed to find among many other companies. There are also generous maternity and paternity leave policies.
Pros
Daily breakfast, lunch on Wednesday, monthly office happy hours, unlimited PTO
Cons
Too much of a focus put on call metrics rather than investing MORE time on meaningful conversations
Best place to work in Austin
Geographic Data Operations Manager (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXAugust 14, 2018
Indeed is fast paced but not cut-throat competitive. I'm happy to be facing a new challenge and tackling something big and I also respect that the company sticks to the mission to help job seekers above all else.
Pros
Food, Facilities
Cons
Parking, location
Great place for work/life balance.
Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXAugust 8, 2018
Indeed is a wonderful company to feel like your personal/work life matters. When your first join, it's difficult to ramp up and understand your role, but it does get more clear over time. The teams are great and very supportive in all aspects. However, there is a general sense of uncertainty and a lack of clarity/directions from management which is frustrating. It's also difficult to understand how to move up within the organization.
A productive and fun place to work with free food
Software Engineer (Current Employee) –  USAAugust 8, 2018
I think Indeed is a good place to work. We have free lunch, free donuts, free drinks, and free snacks everyday. People here are really nice and easy to work with. The only thing I think Indeed should improve is to make sure there are similar kinds of drinks and snacks in Austin and Seattle. We have far less options in Seattle.
A productive and fun place to work with free food
Software Engineer (Current Employee) –  USAAugust 8, 2018
Great work and life balance. Surrounded by extremely intelligent individuals that you can learn from. Growth is systematic and completely under your control.
Great perks don't make happy workers
Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXAugust 8, 2018
Working at Indeed can be an adjustment. The perks are great but you are somewhat thrown to the fire without much training on their homegrown tools. If you expect GA or Omniture as your analytics, get used to pulling queries in their homegrown database that often has discrepancies. Your support or troubleshooting source is often a slack channel, or asking a peer to help guide you. My immediate manager is often spread too thin and provides little support or guidance. If you don't mind pawing through the dark the first few months and can thrive in a somewhat thankless environment then you will do just fine.
Official response from Indeed
August 14, 2018

Thanks for giving us your feedback about your time working at Indeed. The perks we offer our employees are geared around providing much more than a place to work, from free snacks and meals, to wellness programs and unlimited PTO.

It’s important for us as a business to provide a comprehensive induction into the business to make sure our employees have all the tools they need to be up and running from day one. We also work hard to foster an environment where passionate people come to together to help us achieve our mission for job seekers.

While our managers try to always support and guide our people as much as possible, this can sometimes not be consistent across all departments and locations as we grow quickly. It is something we’re continually working on and providing more and more support for our managers through this growth, and always appreciate feedback to make improvements.

Thank you again for your review and we appreciate the time you have taken to share.

Great work life balance, lots of opportunities to make an impact.
Product Manager (Current Employee) –  USAAugust 8, 2018
Great work life balance, lots of free food (breakfast every day, lunch once a week, tons of snacks), and the opportunity to work on complex issues. The commitment to innovation doesn't come without challenges, but it does open the door for us to keep making Indeed the best place to help people get jobs.
Indeed Incubator
Software Engineer (Current Employee) –  USAAugust 8, 2018
Indeed's Incubator is the best place to work as an intrapreneur. Their VC funding model allows the incubator to test many ideas and grow the more successful ones.
A challenging but growing experience
Product Manager (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXAugust 8, 2018
Indeed will challenge you to think deeper and be more analytical. If you were previously focused on growth and doing lots of stuff quickly or was wearing multiple hats at the same time, this will be different. You may still feel pressured to wear multiple hats by the situation but you're encouraged to focus on issues more deeply and have less consequences for not doing everything. It's not always an enjoyable experience because its new and hard but it's definitely one where you learn, grow, and enhance your expertise.
Love it
Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXAugust 8, 2018
Great place to work. Fortunate to be here. Perks and benefits are great, smart and friendly coworkers, laid back environment with self-motivated employees.
A productive and fun place to work with free food.
Product Manager (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXAugust 8, 2018
This is a great company to work for, anyone would be lucky to be employed here. It provides great perks, benefits, culture and an amazing work-life balance.
The best opportunity I have been involved with.
Software Engineer (Current Employee) –  USAAugust 8, 2018
Indeed has been a great experience. They really seem to care about the individual, their career growth, and their happiness. Benefits and work/life balance here are the best I have ever encountered.
Love the people
Product Manager (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXAugust 8, 2018
Great team. The smartest people you'll find anywhere. Professional and fun. The food is great. It's a fast paced environment. You learn a lot really fast.
Supportive managers, excellent food
Product Manager (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXAugust 8, 2018
Breakfast and lunches are high quality and delicious. Something for every diet. Managers are very willing to lend their time and expertise to help with any problems. At the same time, managers are not micro-managers; you are given the freedom to tackle a problem.
Has its growth pains, but it's a great place to be
UX (Current Employee) –  USAAugust 8, 2018
I have loved my time at Indeed, but it is experiencing growth pains. There are organizational level practices and tools that worked great when the company was less than 1000 people, but do not meet the scale and needs of 7000+ people. These hurtles are slowly being addressed and I look forward to the next chapter of Indeed as a company. Like most larger companies, your experience is closely tied with the team you are on. There are some phenomenal teams to work with and some that are not so great, but Indeed is fantastic about giving employees the opportunity to either change teams or laterally move to different roles. I have always felt positive about the work that I do and I feel confident in my ability to grow in my career here.
Great culture with impactful work and an inclusive environment
UX (Current Employee) –  USAAugust 8, 2018
I love knowing that my work has direct impact on helping people find jobs. The company also has a great work/life balance and I feel empowered to actually take advantage of the open PTO policy. There are a lot of smart and collaborative people who work here and I look forward to coming to work every day. I have recommended the company to many friends and family and will continue to do so. It is a great place to work!
We're all in this together
UX (Current Employee) –  USAAugust 8, 2018
Everyone is aware that the decisions and paths we take are a team decision. I appreciate how we all want to be successful and understand our efforts are as a collective group and not just a sum of parts.
Passionate and energetic company caring for its end users
UX (Current Employee) –  USAAugust 8, 2018
I really like how passionate and energetic my colleagues are. It's also interesting to work for a company which pays a lot of attention to its end users.
Culture of Trust
Product Manager (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXAugust 8, 2018
Indeed has a unique culture of allowing teams to operate with a high level of autonomy (within reason). I have never worked at a company before that provides so much trust in their employees to build, learn, and grow with such independence. There are checkpoints and a degree of accountability, of course, but it's neat to see so many employees have the ability to lead and run projects without micromanagement.
Culture of responsibility & autonomy
Product Manager (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXAugust 8, 2018
Indeed gives its employees a lot of leash to make an impact, and expects a lot in return. If you're comfortable leaving ego aside and taking an evidence-based approach to your work, this is the place to be.
Innovative company - smart and fun people
Product Manager (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXAugust 8, 2018
Indeed has an amazing mission which makes getting up in the morning easy to do. A solid culture of innovators who are interested in helping each other to get things done. Oh, and the food is amazing.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Indeed. Our community is ready to answer.

Women's ratings

3.1Fairygodboss Score

55%say women are treated fairly and equally to men

45%would recommend to other women

Fairygodboss provides free job reviews for women, by women.

Powered by Fairygodboss