Indeed Employee Reviews

Featured review
Indeed selected this as a representative review
SENIOR SITE RELIABILITY ENGINEER (Current Employee) –  Seattle, WASeptember 25, 2018
Best job I have ever had. The people are great and treat each other great. Lots of activities going on for everyone. Management lest you do your job and removes roadblocks.
Pros
free lunch, open pto, great environment
Cons
Seattle traffic
Great place to work at
Software Engineer Intern (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXOctober 15, 2018
- Great team to work for
- The company has a great work culture
- Work-life balance is great (a lot of fun activities)
- Individual responsibilities are the driving factor
Pros
Great work-life balance, Great perks, passion driven work culture
Cons
Could improve in compensation
Great Perks, Don't Appreciate Employees
Senior Client Success Specialist (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXOctober 8, 2018
I love working for Indeed. The culture, the benefits, the management and perks are all fantastic. Unfortunately the pay for my role is not even close to enough for the workload and for the cost of living in the area. I'll either need to transfer to a department that I don't love, or to a different company so that I can afford to live here. The SLT team is consistently praising our efforts but doesn't show their appreciation in any way other than free happy hours. I don't think they understand how much they put on the CS team.
Pros
culture, perks, free food
Cons
pay, advancement opportunities
October 9, 2018

Thanks for leaving us some great feedback about working at Indeed.

We know that the CS team are a vital part of our business when it comes to delivering a best in class service to our clients, partners, and teammates worldwide. We do appreciate you!

In regards to rewarding our employees, we research compensation in each market where we compete for talent, and have a dedicated benefits team that are continually adjusting levels based on data and feedback.

Please do have a chat with your manager or HR BP if you want to talk in more detail about your questions around salary.

It was difficult working at indeed
Senior Linux Administrator (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXSeptember 30, 2018
It was difficult for me to work at indeed with all of the egos that were there at my time. That is why I left indeed. The environment was hostile for me, but not bad enough to report to HR.
October 3, 2018

Thanks so much for leaving us a review about your time working in our Austin office. We’re sorry to hear you did not feel like you could talk to HR about how you were feeling. HR are there to support and listen to our employees, not matter how big or small the issue is. If you would like to talk to us further please email us at inside@indeed.com

Great tech culture and great perks for employees. Very fast paced
Hiring Specialist (Contract) (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXSeptember 29, 2018
Great tech culture and great perks for employees. Very fast paced, there just wasn't a ton of opportunity for growth for me personally as I was trying to move to a different department.
Pros
free breakfast, lunch, snacks. Relaxation areas, open layout, paid parking
A Great Place to Work
Senior National Account (Current Employee) –  New York, NYSeptember 10, 2018
Great Company to work for!!!! Indeed is an awesome company to work for. Upward mobility, great work environment and perks! Overall this is the best company I have ever worked for!
September 12, 2018

Thanks so much for leaving us such a great review about your current experiences of working at Indeed.

We appreciate your feedback!

Overall a great place to work
Content Writer (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXSeptember 10, 2018
Awesome benefits and casual work culture. Not super transparent about changes that could affect day to day unless you are a higher up which can catch you off guard.
Pros
Amazing free food
Cons
Questionable job security
Top knotch culture and work/life balance
Senior Client Success Specialist, Strategy (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXSeptember 9, 2018
Indeed is an incredible place to work. The culture they work so hard to grow and maintain is unparalleled and management trusts each person to do their job so work/life balance is incredible.
Cons
compensation for CS and growth opportunities in this department is scarce.
Great work/life balance and culture
Senior Account Executive (Former Employee) –  New York, NYSeptember 6, 2018
Indeed was a fantastic place to work. I never once woke up dreading going in. I do think that employee's day to day experience depending heavily on their direct report and attitude. Overtime is not allowed so the schedule was very routine. The sales targets were fair.

The product basically sells itself and the training is amazing.
Pros
Free breakfast every day, great snacks, incredible pay, lunch once a week, happy hour
Cons
The communication between upper management and Account Executives could be better, promotions beyond Senior Account Executive are competitive
Great Company!
National Account Manager (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GASeptember 5, 2018
I have been working for over 20 years and Indeed is the best place I have worked. I get to have a fulfilling career and a work/life balance. Best of both worlds.
Pros
Work/life Balance, working remotely, pay, great bosses
Fun and growing place to work
Recruiting staff (Current Employee) –  San FranciscoAugust 28, 2018
Working at Indeed has been fantastic! The leadership is great, and employees support to grow their careers within the company. Company culture is great and everyone who works here is passionate about what they do.
Workplace Culture was cause for celebration. Management was cause for departure.
Client Success Specialist (Former Employee) –  New York, NYAugust 24, 2018
This was a job, a paycheck. Not a career. Trying to work with AEs and management severely negatively impacted my mental health. Most of my coworkers were very mediocre with poor work ethic and little common knowledge. This made it very difficult to work with them. Luckily, they were decent people, but I often self-isolated to destress. Management is filled with people who are prematurely promoted simply because they've been there a few years. I had multiple managers there and have had a few jobs in my career. I can say that Indeed was some of the poorer management I've experienced in my working life. I've never encountered such nefariously calculated and negatively charged people in my life. The workplace culture; however, was awesome. Very relaxed. I would say, too relaxed at times. It will continue to be this company's saving grace: when it comes to morale and overlooking the slighted compensation received for the labor performed. The most enjoyable part of the job for me was working with the clients. They provided laughable stories and memories to share with teammates. Often, they truly appreciate your assistance and that gratitude was something I rarely experience with co-workers. Clients also taught me a lot about cooperating with people. The job however was very simple. By my second month, I could do the job with my eyes closed and found myself looking for another job. It was easy money in a big way, but management made the role unnecessarily stressful and cause to leave. The hardest part of the job was working with account executives/sales reps (AEs). They were mostly–there  more... were definitely exceptions and thank goodness for them, otherwise I would have had a psychotic lapse everyday–very entitled, impatient, deceptive, underhanded, and ungrateful. But, if you've worked in a role where working with Sales is a significant part of your role, you know the personality and the *demographic*. I do not recommend this environment for people who have not mastered code switching, strategy, or passing. I must stress that I was shocked when I encountered AEs who interacted with me like a human being. One thing that is not mentioned in training or the job description is that you will be training new AEs. They know less than the client about how Indeed works, so brace yourself for that. I must stress that in this cutthroat environment, once egos of those in position of power are hurt, investment in your career development (what little opportunity within CS (Client Success department) there is) comes to a screeching halt.  less
Pros
free lunches, 401K, overtime, enrichment programs and personal development
Cons
management, sales reps, compensation
August 30, 2018

Thank you for your review about your time working at Indeed. We appreciate the time you have taken to leave us detailed feedback. We focus on creating a fun and engaging workplace culture where we provide a multitude of perks for our people, so it’s great to hear you experienced that in New York.

We care deeply about the mental health, welfare and wellbeing of our employees, providing yoga and meditation options, as well as a confidential employee assistance helpline.

We actively encourage employees to have ongoing conversations with their managers about their career growth and our internal employee development page offers different career planning toolkits to help guide career conversations and explore future opportunities. We’ve also just launched our internal learning program ‘M.A.D.E. #insideindeed’, which is focused on fostering continuous creative thinking during an Indeedian’s career path.

It does sound like we do have some work to do so we’d welcome discussing this review with you further so please do contact us at inside@indeed.com

Great place to work!
Account Executive (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXAugust 20, 2018
I thoroughly enjoy working at Indeed! They offer great benefits such as breakfast, lunch, happy hours, team outings and many other things. I highly recommend working here!
Best place to work in Austin
Geographic Data Operations Manager (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXAugust 14, 2018
Indeed is fast paced but not cut-throat competitive. I'm happy to be facing a new challenge and tackling something big and I also respect that the company sticks to the mission to help job seekers above all else.
Pros
Food, Facilities
Cons
Parking, location

Comment – August 16, 2018

Thank you for your positive review! We appreciate your feedback!

Great place for work/life balance.
Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXAugust 8, 2018
Indeed is a wonderful company to feel like your personal/work life matters. When your first join, it's difficult to ramp up and understand your role, but it does get more clear over time. The teams are great and very supportive in all aspects. However, there is a general sense of uncertainty and a lack of clarity/directions from management which is frustrating. It's also difficult to understand how to move up within the organization.
A productive and fun place to work with free food
Software Engineer (Current Employee) –  USAAugust 8, 2018
I think Indeed is a good place to work. We have free lunch, free donuts, free drinks, and free snacks everyday. People here are really nice and easy to work with. The only thing I think Indeed should improve is to make sure there are similar kinds of drinks and snacks in Austin and Seattle. We have far less options in Seattle.
A productive and fun place to work with free food
Software Engineer (Current Employee) –  USAAugust 8, 2018
Great work and life balance. Surrounded by extremely intelligent individuals that you can learn from. Growth is systematic and completely under your control.
Great perks don't make happy workers
Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXAugust 8, 2018
Working at Indeed can be an adjustment. The perks are great but you are somewhat thrown to the fire without much training on their homegrown tools. If you expect GA or Omniture as your analytics, get used to pulling queries in their homegrown database that often has discrepancies. Your support or troubleshooting source is often a slack channel, or asking a peer to help guide you. My immediate manager is often spread too thin and provides little support or guidance. If you don't mind pawing through the dark the first few months and can thrive in a somewhat thankless environment then you will do just fine.
August 14, 2018

Thanks for giving us your feedback about your time working at Indeed. The perks we offer our employees are geared around providing much more than a place to work, from free snacks and meals, to wellness programs and unlimited PTO.

It’s important for us as a business to provide a comprehensive induction into the business to make sure our employees have all the tools they need to be up and running from day one. We also work hard to foster an environment where passionate people come to together to help us achieve our mission for job seekers.

While our managers try to always support and guide our people as much as possible, this can sometimes not be consistent across all departments and locations as we grow quickly. It is something we’re continually working on and providing more and more support for our managers through this growth, and always appreciate feedback to make improvements.

Thank you again for your review and we appreciate the time you have taken to share.

Great work life balance, lots of opportunities to make an impact.
Product Manager (Current Employee) –  USAAugust 8, 2018
Great work life balance, lots of free food (breakfast every day, lunch once a week, tons of snacks), and the opportunity to work on complex issues. The commitment to innovation doesn't come without challenges, but it does open the door for us to keep making Indeed the best place to help people get jobs.
Indeed Incubator
Software Engineer (Current Employee) –  USAAugust 8, 2018
Indeed's Incubator is the best place to work as an intrapreneur. Their VC funding model allows the incubator to test many ideas and grow the more successful ones.
A challenging but growing experience
Product Manager (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXAugust 8, 2018
Indeed will challenge you to think deeper and be more analytical. If you were previously focused on growth and doing lots of stuff quickly or was wearing multiple hats at the same time, this will be different. You may still feel pressured to wear multiple hats by the situation but you're encouraged to focus on issues more deeply and have less consequences for not doing everything. It's not always an enjoyable experience because its new and hard but it's definitely one where you learn, grow, and enhance your expertise.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Indeed. Our community is ready to answer.

4.4

See reviews about

Diversity score

81out of 100

The Comparably Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at Indeed.

Powered by Comparably