Indeed Employee Reviews

Featured review
Indeed selected this as a representative review
Excellent place to work
Marketing Director (Current Employee) –  LondonJanuary 3, 2019
Indeed has been a real treat so far. The interview process was thorough, with 8 different meetings over a month. This gave me time to understand the role and the company and to meet prospective colleagues. I appreciated that they took this seriously.

Onboarding was very impressive, with all new starters flown to the EMEA HQ in Dublin for their first morning.

You have the latest MacBook when you start and all the tools you need to collaborate effectively with colleagues around the world.

The culture is inclusive and friendly, with a great deal of energy around the company's mission and the extremely impressive growth Indeed is going through.

Indeed has a true mission and is clearly the leading destination for job searches in the UK. It's a very exciting time to be here.

It's my 8th company and the first one which I would recommend to friends without hesitation.
Pros
Free breakfast every day, free lunch on Wednesday, free snacks and drinks at all times. Unlimited holiday. Modern and pleasant office.
Cons
High growth companies inevitably generate ambiguity and are not for everyone.
I wouldn't work anywhere else
Manager, Client Success (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXFebruary 12, 2019
I have been at Indeed for 5.5 years and don't intend on leaving anytime soon. I am passionate about the mission and in awe at how everyone across the organization stands behind the mission of helping people get jobs. I work with incredibly talented people that I can call friends as well.
Great company
Account Executive (Current Employee) –  Stamford, CTFebruary 5, 2019
Sales goals are unrealistic but the company culture itself is great. Work-Life balance is difficult to achieve if you depend on the train so they expect you to move to Stamford
Pros
Free lunch Wednesdays, free snacks, free breakfast, free drinks, happy hours, video games, ping pong
Cons
Work-Life Balance
Indeed is an alright place to work
Client Onboarding Strategist (Current Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZJanuary 30, 2019
I liked Indeed at first and was in a test department and slowly started to not like the role I was in. Then became miserable in my day to day, underpaid, micromanaged role.
February 11, 2019

Thanks for taking the time to leave us a review about working at Indeed in Scottsdale. Your feedback is invaluable and we are listening.

At Indeed we care deeply about the welfare, wellbeing and mental health of our employees, providing yoga and meditation options, as well as a confidential employee assistance helpline. But of course we do welcome further feedback from our people so please use the email address below to give us more details.

In regards to rewarding our employees, we research compensation in each market where we compete for talent, and have a dedicated benefits team that are continually adjusting levels based on data and feedback.

Thank you again for your review. We are listening, and we value the time you have taken to share.

If you would like to talk to us confidentially please do email us at inside@indeed.com

Great pay + Great work/life balance + Doesn't Promote From Within
Sr. Account Executive (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXJanuary 29, 2019
Great company to work for. Just beware of the "unlimited" vacation day policy as it will be used against you in all cases. Indeed offers a fun work atmosphere for the post-college crowd with free meals, snacks, and happy hours but inexperienced leaders create endless difficulties for those who don't play by their rules.
Great first sales job...BUT
Account Executive (Former Employee) –  Stamford, CTJanuary 25, 2019
Pros: You learn the core basics of selling/cold calling which in turn builds confidence for any future job. During the first year they invest heavily in Sales Training via Indeeds own internal Sales Training team and Dale Carnegie Training. Coming out of college this experience can be very beneficial down the road. Also I met some great people here who've become close friends.

Cons: You WILL BE micro-managed here. The amount of reports that are generated by some Team Directors and Senior Directors at this company is mind blowing. 90% of these reports have absolutely no benefit to growing sales numbers. In addition to this, a large group of Directors and Sr. Directors care more about the amount of calls you make (minimum of 60-85 per day) than the deals you bring in. You could have a great day of bringing in a major deal or multiple deals, but if you didn't hit your "call metrics" for that day either your Director will pull you aside OR your Sr. Director will say something. If that happens too often, you're written up. It is common to see tenured/successful sales reps be pulled aside if they miss the call metric minimum despite having hit their quotas in advance. They'll pull out reports showing data that has zero bearing to your day and make you do calls. Prepare to be micromanaged, very little creativity allowed in this job. The position does not allow you to do research and find new prospects either. This is done for you through a flawed system where you're hopefully given new leads; unknown how that actually works, and Sr. Directors deflect any questions
  more... for this like the plague.

Advice to Mgmt: Take a look at the amount of micro-managing an alarming portion of Directors and Sr. Directors are doing. You'll see it goes against what the VP of Sales and COO/CEO are presenting in each of the Quarterly meetings. A common quote was "yesterdays best is not good enough today." If that's the case then the micromanagement brought on by individuals in Sales Director/Sr. Director roles needs to change or they'll continue to have a drop off in junior and/or tenured and successful sales people. Not once did the VP of Sales come down to the main sales floor to analyze what was going on, and when they do show up to take a very quick stroll around the reps are put in to "call blocks" to make it seem like the revenue is pouring in. C-level execs push for creativity, and the Sr. Directors & Directors (not all of them, but an alarming amount) cloud that message and drown reps in unneeded reports and preach call metrics over sales growth. This creates a short terms sales job, rather than a long term career.
Pros
Great people, benefits, compensation potential, internal/external training
Cons
Micro-Management, Poor Management, Lack of creativity
February 11, 2019

Thanks for taking the time to leave us a review about working at Indeed in Stamford. Your feedback is invaluable and we are listening.

It’s great to hear that you enjoyed the sales training that is offered. It sounds like this is something that will benefit you as you grow in your sales career.
We are also glad to hear that you made close friends while working at Indeed. Working with great people is what makes work more enjoyable and fun.

Managers are held accountable to their leadership roles and we’re monitoring this through our employee engagement surveys and manager performance feedback. This provides us insights on the employee experience, and we take it seriously. Capturing this information allows our HR Business Partners to take action immediately by delivering direct feedback and actionable recommendations to managers.

Once again thanks for your feedback, we are listening and constantly trying to growing and improving as a business, especially when it comes to our culture.

An amazing company, culture, and mission but pay is lacking
Client Success Specialist (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXJanuary 24, 2019
As noted in many reviews on Indeed, the company is incredible and basically par none to the vast majority of other companies out there. As an employee, you do feel valued in numerous ways and the mission that we strive for every day is noble and worthwhile.

The biggest issues are growing pains such as lack of clear growth opportunities or lateral moves to other departments. There is also the fact that is mentioned often, that the pay rates feel relatively low for the cost of living and the growing responsibilities as the company continues to grow at a furious rate. Pay bands and other restrictions with promotions make you feel that to make true career progress one needs to leave, gain experience, and come back to better opportunities and pay.

Nonetheless, Indeed is a first-rate company to work for and the future of the company looks promising!
Pros
Great culture, free food, Unlimited PTO, team events, happy hours
Cons
Pay rates and unclear growth opportunities
Beware of Inexperienced Managers
Senior Account Executive (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJanuary 18, 2019
I worked in sales for 2.5 years in the NYC office before looking for a new job due to the stressful environment created by my inexperienced manager.

The hardest part of this job is hitting your daily call metrics with matching mandatory detailed notes using a faulty home grown CRM system that malfunctions every other day.

My manager ignored my sales performance (consistently 110%+ to quota) and only cared about those daily (while completely insignificant) metrics. I had hoped to stay at Indeed longer but working for an inexperienced managed forced me to look for a new job.

Beware of the "unlimited" vacation day policy as it will be used against you in all cases. Indeed offers a fun work atmosphere for the post college crowd with free meals, snacks, and happy hours but inexperienced leaders create endless difficulties for those who don't play by their rules.
February 6, 2019

Hi there. Thanks leaving us a review about working at Indeed New York within Sales.

We’re constantly evolving and developing the training we provide managers so your feedback is vital to this work as we’ll know where to focus our efforts.
Thanks again for being part of Indeed for 2.5 years and taking the time leave us a review about working with us.

Hyper Speed working environment
Account Executive (Current Employee) –  Stamford, CTJanuary 16, 2019
Great company to work for overall. The work-life balance is a bit of an issue when your commute depends on catching a train that requires you to clock out a few minutes early but that isn't allowed. There are great perks but if you're in sales you definitely don't get to enjoy them since time is money and every minute at your desk/on the computer/phone is crucial towards your success as well as the company. The daily tasks as an AE are a bit unrealistic.

On the positive, you can save $ since there is always something to eat in the kitchen (there is one on every floor) if you forgot your lunch or need a little pick-me-up. Also, they provide breakfast everyday and it changes constantly.
Pros
Free breakfast, snacks and beverages everyday, free lunch on Wednesday's, open work space with no offices, monthly happy hours, 1 hour lunch break
Cons
Work-Life Balance, daily duties
Challenging but rewarding role
Account Executive/Outside Sales (Current Employee) –  San mateo, caJanuary 12, 2019
Talk about growth. Indeed has being increasing its size and appears to be doing so for the near future. The job itself isn't for everyone but if you can do well the skys the limit!
Pros
Collaborative environment. Nice kitchen. Great perks
Cons
Daily grind. Competiton from within and outside.
A wonderful place to work!
Client Success Specialist (Current Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZJanuary 11, 2019
I love my job and I love our mission - We help people get jobs! The relationships I have built with the clients and my colleagues is second to none. I come in to work each day knowing I'm going to make a difference and provide the best service that I can! Indeed offers unlimited PTO which has encouraged me to travel and take mental health days, great benefits, great culture and even better people.
Pros
Unlimited PTO, free lunch/breakfast, open kitchen, culture, colleagues
Amazing Culture
National Account Manager (Current Employee) –  San Francisco Bay Area, CADecember 31, 2018
I have been in the workforce for over 20 years and held many different jobs. Indeed finally feels like home. It is refreshing to work with a company that the customers love and respect. We have a product that sells itself. I hope to still be here in 20 years!!
Pros
Culture! Unlimited PTO! Amazing perks!
January 7, 2019

Thanks for leaving us such a great review. Here's to the next 20 years!

Where the Tech Savy Survive
Accounts Payable Specialist/Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXDecember 29, 2018
At Indeed, you rely heavily upon google suite - telecommuting across the globe via their meeting room setups. Be prepared to learn fast and on the fly.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
Some managers have a more corporate mindset.
Indeed is the best!
Legal analyst (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXDecember 26, 2018
I can't imagine working at any other company. The benefits are unbelievable - free breakfast and lunch, snacks, happy hours... amazing coworkers, too!
January 7, 2019

And we cannot imagine you working anywhere else either. Great to have you as one of our Indeedians.

INSIDE SALES ACCOUNT EXECUTIVE INTERN (Former Employee) –  Stamford, CTDecember 18, 2018
The internship experience is exceptional. Interns are treated as full-time employees, given all the tools to succeed. The environment is always friendly and energetic!
December 21, 2018

Hi there! Thanks so much for taking the time to leave us a review. Our internship program is a vital part of our business and glad you had the opportunity to work in our Sales department and work with all of our wonderful clients.

We'd love to have you back at Indeed at some point in the future so keep an eye out on indeed.jobs for all of our open roles.

Great Culture
Product Analyst (Current Employee) –  Stamford, CTDecember 18, 2018
Indeed has been an excellent place to work as my first job out of college. It's a collaborative and fun environment, which ultimately leads to a motivated group of employees striving towards the same goal.
Pros
Pto, Casual dress code, free food
Cons
Average pay, hard to move up
GREAT place to work!
Client Success Specialist (Current Employee) –  Stamford, CTDecember 17, 2018
-work hard, play hard
-Indeed is a company that cares about their employees
-Indeed is a growing company
-great benefits!
-room to move/grown within the company
-management has it struggles sometimes
Pros
Benefits, coworkers
Cons
Management issues
Fun work environment with lots of career advancement opportunities.
Software Development Engineer (Current Employee) –  Seattle, WADecember 15, 2018
Mileage might vary from office to office, but from my observation and experience at the Seattle office, the management cares about the employees and try to do what's necessary to advance the employees' career.
Pros
Free lunch, open PTO, great co-workers
Highly energetic and interactive workplace
Inside Sales Account Executive Intern (Former Employee) –  Stamford, CTDecember 14, 2018
Indeed sets a fast-paced workplace for their employees. Everyone encourages each other and gets along, which motivates each employee to work harder. Indeed supports their employees with taking breaks throughout the day and meeting the needs of their employees.
Fun workplace, difficult management
Briefing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXDecember 1, 2018
Workplace had nice benefits at this particular campus, but the management was difficult and pay was lacking for contractors. Full-time and in different areas would likely be a better way to work at Indeed.
Account Executive (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXNovember 28, 2018
Great place to work! Really enjoy the leadership, a great place to grow you career and a lot of growth potential. A typical day moves quick! Great people work here! Don't plan on leaving.
Pros
Leadership
Cons
n/a

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Indeed. Our community is ready to answer.

4.4

Ratings from women

3.6InHerSight Score

3.7Personal Development

3.0Career Opportunities

3.9Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight