Indeed
63Average

Indeed Employee Reviews

Featured review
Indeed selected this as a representative review
I've worked at Indeed for two years, and I am so grateful I was hired. This culture is so positive, caring, and so many people have gone out of their way to help me. The company truly cares about your career and where you want to go. The managers have so many conversations with you about what motivates you to help you achieve your goals. After every event, Q&A, all-hands, there's an option to leave feedback and the feedback is actually read and action is taken. As soon as COVID-19 was getting serious, Indeed was one of the first companies to implement a mandatory work-from-home policy. Our healthy and safety came first, and I felt so lucky our company had the opportunity to make that decision. Since the WFH policy, our CEO, COO, and SVP of HR have been INCREDIBLE with transparency, being here for us and communicating to us more than I've ever seen.I feel valued, heard, and my work means something when I am at Indeed.In terms of benefits, it's truly fantastic. We have unlimited PTO, and we are encouraged to take it. 401K match up to 3%. Great healthcare plan. Our NYC office is beautiful with fully stocked drinks and snacks. There's a gym and multiple terraces. We have company happy hours once a month and our holiday parties are OUTSTANDING. Every year the company gives everyone a really nice gift for the holidays. I really could go on for a long time. Definitely, definitely apply.
When the COVID19 pandemic began in March of 2020 we were one of the first companies to go fully remote for the safety of employees. Throughout this entire year, our leadership team has done weekly live Q&A sessions to communicate directly with employees. Updates were provided regularly and some tough calls had to be made early on to pause bonus payouts, but leadership communicated these decisions quickly and clearly. Leadership has constantly promoted work-life balance, taking paid time off, and practicing self-care. One company-wide holiday was added every single month to further promote work-life balance. Our inclusion groups and VP of diversity have sponsored talks with amazing voices to discuss diversity, community, and belonging. I started my career with Indeed in customer service, but I had the opportunity to explore different job functions, work with a mentor, and take continuing education courses. I have had the pleasure of working under multiple managers that really invested in the growth of their employees. I eventually found a career path that was perfect for me and found my lifelong career with Indeed. This year I decided would be a good time to commit to more education and I started taking graduate-level classes that are being reimbursed through Indeed's tuition reimbursement program. Sometimes not everything is perfect and improvement is needed. The company culture at all levels promotes and welcomes feedback to improve. When employees speak up and disagree with action by leadership, our leaders will often take another look and agree that something was not - more...
Pros
Benefits, Leadership, Opportunity
I am so happy to be working at Indeed, especially during COVID. The management has been open and very clear about changes, all in an effort to keep everyone safe and employed. We have been working from home since March and can continue till next July.Diversity and Belonging is not just a catch word but is actually being supported. People genuinely like working there. In a pre covid world, we had free lunches and snacks, barista on site, gym, open PTO, happy hours. Great maternity leave policy. And of course our mission: helping people get job!
Pros
free lunches, open PTO, gym, Ltip, diversity, open management, great colleagues
Cons
depending on the team, advancement is difficult and pay band is pretty low
I've loved working here and find it to be a great place to work! I think the management is strong and has a great vision for the company. I have always been supported in my career goals.
Would you recommend working at your company?
Help people considering your employer make a good choice.
The workplace culture and the values at Indeed are incredible. The company cares about you and the management cares about you.The missions are great and I feel like I am learning so much every day in this job!
I have had a great experience here. Rewarding and interesting. The CEO and others care deeply about the mission and culture at Indeed. They work hard to be transparent and open to feedback.
Indeed grew explosively over a short amount of time and is experiencing growing pains such as inconsistent processes, weak mid-level management, lack of top-down info flow, overlap of responsibilties and duplication of projects. Many people had free range in the past so systems do not connect properly. Development is concentrated around the next big thing versus cleaning up the messes from the past. Reporting tools are cumbersome, SQL based.
Pros
Free lunches, concern for staff, ethical business practices
Cons
Grew too big too fast, lots of duplication
It’s not often that you feel that the company you work for actually cares about you, but Indeed genuinely does. They really value their employees, they pay fairly, put a lot of emphasis on work/life balance, and there’s a lot of opportunity to grow. Only downside is the company still operates like a start-up even though it’s getting big and there are a lot of unqualified people in management positions.
Pros
Work/life balance, benefits, compensation
Cons
Great place to work with great coworker. If you work hard and are able to connect with people easily this job will be a breeze. Perks are great as well.
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Indeed?
Corporate is the absolute worst. Executives think they know it all! Excuse me! I graduated from the streetz son! You don't know anything bout this life. I'm out here trynna paper chase, and they be hatin! Management doesn't listen, and they now started making people write reviews in order to view reviews! Unbelievable.
Pros
Their free coffee is ok.
Cons
Corporate doesn't care about the little guy.
Worked 8:30-5:30 with an hour lunch.Management and team were great, I learned a lot in a short period of time.Lots of opportunities to advance for talented workers.Good reaction to COVID-19, giving us money to but WFH equipment and giving quota relief to sales reps.Good benefits, unlimited PTO.Hardest part of the job is like any other sales job, you have to meet targets and quota or risk being let go.
Pros
Free breakfast everyday and free lunches on Wednesday
Cons
No stock options as it's a private company
Good place to start a sales career. Still much a startup culture but lots of opportunity to make good money. Plus a pool table in the breakroom doesn't hurt.
Pros
Free lunches/breakfast, good pay
Cons
Sometimes too much frat culture
I love working at Indeed! Great company to work for with awesome benefits. CEO is awesome and so is my director. I love working towards the mission of helping people get jobs and look forward to working here for many more years to come.
I love working at Indeed, its a great place to work. Since COVID they have gone above and beyond to ensure their employees are safe & healthy. I am very thankful to work for such a great company.
Indeed's mission and intention to help people get jobs pervades the culture.As a platform for job seekers and employers, with a strength in data, the work is both technically and professionally interesting and the people make it a positive, passionate place to be.I've been especially impressed by how transparent and supportive Indeed leadership has been throughout the global health crisis, putting health first consistently and right from the start.
Pros
People, professional growth, mission, values employees
Cons
Strategic planning - focus on autonomy can make coordinated planning a challenge
If you're not in Sales, you're fine. If you are, good luck. Favoritism runs rampant and if you're not a favorite, you're overlooked for the good and targeted for the bad. Constant inconsistency in messaging, focus, and goals.
Pros
PTO/Benefits
Cons
Poor management, poor training of management
Official response from Indeed
August 24, 2020
Hi there, thank you for leaving a review about working at Indeed in Stamford. We’re really happy to read that you’re enjoying the benefits/perks. We care deeply about our employee experience and won’t tolerate toxic behavior. We have standards and processes in place to ensure our leadership has the experience, tools and resources to lead our teams effectively while maintaining a healthy, inclusive, and professional work environment.We want everyone to feel like they belong and valued for the work they do at Indeed. We strongly encourage employees to not only have frequent 1:1 discussions with their manager, but also participate in our regular CEO/COO Q&A sessions. Through these sessions, employees are encouraged to ask questions and have open discussions on challenges they face at work, along with providing feedback so we can improve the way we work. We also invite any employee that is facing problems to reach out to your HRBP so they are aware and can provide feedback upwards as well.If you would like to share more information confidentially, please feel free to email us at inside@indeed.com.
Indeed is a fantastic place to work and your coworkers make it even better. Lots of motivated individuals working as a team in a friendly, positive environment.
I love my job, my teammates and my company values. Indeed is a great place to work! I work on a team that makes a big difference and has good team values.
Pros
Work from home
Cons
Highly technical
Indeed provided the best perks for a well-run tech company without the superfluous distractions. I loved my short time there as a contractor, despite not being a badged full-time employee.
Working at Indeed has been a great experience. I've been on great teams and managed by some of the best directors I've ever had. Very inclusive place. Everyone is super helpful and supportive of one another.
Pros
Great culture. Free breakfast and lunch when the office is opened.
When I first got hired at Indeed, I was in the second half of my 20s. I had several jobs at various companies before just trying to find something that would stick. Indeed was the first company that I felt had the support systems in place, like training, process and product documentation for my role, and other mechanisms in place so help nurture my development. I was among the first dozen hires at the Scottsdale location and experienced the growing footprint of the Scottsdale office on the rest of the company from the Customer Success and Sales organizations. As others have mentioned. The culture did change over the 3 years that I was with Indeed, as things normally do once the buzz has worn down. The office scaled up quickly, and the culture did not scale with it. However, I do feel it was growing pains of the office/company as its methods in achieving business success were being adjusted to adapt to market opportunities. I do not believe it is because the company was beginning to sour. I had 3 different roles (2 promotions) during my time with Indeed. I was always encouraged by management to develop in ways that was catered to my style, as long as I kept up with my core responsibilities. I have gotten to work closely with so many great and talented people all around the world in various business functions and have been in a handful of the offices worldwide. It astonished me how the Indeed brand spanned across the globe. When visiting other offices, it still felt like "home" or close to what my home office felt like. There is a unity to the mission (helping people get - more...
Pros
Mature company with many supporting teams (Training, Communication, It, Business Operations, etc.), Beautiful Office Space(s), Work/Life Balance, Collaboration
Cons
Advancement opportunity to business units not primarily operating in your office/city
  1. Employee Reviews