Play YouTube video button

Indeed Employee Reviews

Account Executive (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXNovember 28, 2018
Great place to work! Really enjoy the leadership, a great place to grow you career and a lot of growth potential. A typical day moves quick! Great people work here! Don't plan on leaving.
Pros
Leadership
Cons
n/a
Everyone should work here
Online Freelance Recruiter (Former Employee) –  AnywhereNovember 27, 2018
I happened upon this job by pure accident. When I found it, I was immediately surprised. Very easy to get started, contacting PNH and building relationships with people. Very rewarding! The only gripe I have is about compensation. It was difficult to understand the compensation structure but I still recommend this job to anyone!!!
Pros
Work from Anywhere
Cons
Salary
Indeed is awesome
Recruiter (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXNovember 26, 2018
I have never worked at a place like this. Great culture of inclusion and diversity. Ability to make an impact on the companies growth. The company genuinely cares about it's employees.
Pros
Free food, unlimited PTO, growth opportunities
Cons
Not many. Could have more consistent processes but I think that is a symptom of the growth.
Bittersweet
Client Onboarding Strategist (Current Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZNovember 23, 2018
They grew too fast. Daily frustration with moving targets and no strategy on how to reach them. 4-5 departments contacting the same leads with the exact same sales pitches. I swear they are A/B testing the teams against each other. Very stressful. Constant gossip. Any experienced sales manager left and they were open about why they left so disappointed. It's not sales. Client Onboarding Strategist is a retention role at best. We sell pay per click advertising. There's no time to actually help the small businesses because metrics are all that matter. This is voiced openly by the department. In order to get bonuses themselves, management simply said to 'just roll with it'. This job consists of finding the loopholes and keeping them quiet.

The US market isn't the top priority of this Japanese company. I might recommend the headquarters doing anything but sales. Or do Acquisition Sales which is the actual sales department.

The future is 50/50 in my opinion. They will stop forcing irrelevant metrics to be the only priority or they will turn into the typical call center with lower and lower standards.

An excellent benefits package with all the bells and whistles. Colorful and fun office parties. Well equipped facilities. But I genuinely feel bad about the treatment of the small businesses and how savagely we prey on them. Indeed wants its employee's next job to be with Indeed, too. Unfortunately most of us want that but are lining up plan B as the truth is exposed. The new hires dissapear quick.
Pros
Benefits, great people, parties
Cons
Disservice to paying customers, sleazy sales
Make your money
Team Lead (Current Employee) –  Stamford, CTNovember 15, 2018
Indeed is a phenomenal atmosphere to build your sales skills as an account executive and beyond. A dynamic startup environment still exists within a company that has been #1 in it's industry for six years and counting. Ask questions, take advantage of the extensive trainings offered and learn everything about the products so you can speak in the simplest terms to the clients, and have fun too.
Pros
Competitive pay, healthcare benefits
Fun place to work
Office Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZNovember 14, 2018
Culture is everything. There is not shortage of benefits, perks, swag, food everything. They take the time to teach you and help your growth and care about their employees.
Great culture but company is losing its focus
National Account Manager (Current Employee) –  San Francisco Bay Area, CANovember 7, 2018
Indeed is a great company with a great mission. It helps candidates find jobs at great companies and helps employers find great candidates. However, over the last year or so, Indeed is branching out into other areas (employer branding) and is putting a lot of pressure on its sales organization to push these products into the marketplace. However, Indeed is not well versed in this area and quite frankly, these products need to improve in many ways before increased adoption can take place. It is creating a disconnect between product and sales that is taking away from the core mission of the company and the true culture at Indeed.
Pros
Great mission, good people, good benefits, nice offices, unlimited PTO, option to work from home...
Cons
Salaries are not competitive with other sales organizations.
Fun Company
Client Success Specialist (Current Employee) –  Stamford, CTNovember 6, 2018
Great place to start. Lots amazing perks like free food, happy hours, etc. Unlimited PTO is the best, but the salaries are not high enough! Lots of opportunity to be autonomous.
Pros
Unlimited PTO
Cons
Low salary for greater NYC area
Finally found my career match!
International Business Operations Associate (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXNovember 5, 2018
I recently joined Indeed and I am very happy. For the first time in my career I feel that I am at the right place and all the hard work has paid off. I work with a very friendly and collaborative team. My manager is very helpful and eager to guide me. The perks are amazing and I get to save money that way. The position makes it available for me to learn much more, increase my current skills and obtain new ones. There is possibility for promotion. Moving from another state and from a small business company, the transition was made smooth by the Indeed and my team. I am definitely thankful for this opportunity. It has improved not only my career life but also my personal life. I was at a point where I felt depressed at my last employment and Indeed turned that around. Thank you!
Pros
Benefits, catered lunch once a week, daily breakfast, collaborative team, fun activities, Lyft credits, unlimited PTO.
Just my thoughts. Was there a while.
Sr. Account Executive (Former Employee) –  New York, NYOctober 25, 2018
The company is pretty much what you're reading. It's not a very "colorful" place. Managers hire who they hire and management plays it's favorites. But that's every company right? It's pretty bad here though. Definitely a very slender window for any sort of advancement. Make your money as a rep and keep your ear to the ground about advancement internally and externally. As a rep, however, the product works so it's not necessarily a difficult sale. Can sometimes be a longer sales cycle than expected. Was also a much bigger fan of receiving commission every month vs the salary + bonus every quarter situation. Young environment, sometimes referred to as "college 2.0."
Pros
Easy ish sale, working product, free food, fitness classes, gym, entire location, unlimited PTO, good compensation, excellent benefits
Cons
No diversity, Management had its issues
November 9, 2018

Thanks for giving us your feedback about your time working at Indeed.

We want everyone at Indeed to feel like they belong and are absolutely committed to fostering an environment where inclusion is valued and leveraged. We have established external partnerships with organizations that help will identify rich diverse talent. Our IRGs are instrumental in helping us attract and retain people from underrepresented groups. However from your feedback, we still have some way to go on our inclusion journey, and always welcome further conversations around this.

When it comes to recruitment we operate a fair and unbiased interview process for all of our roles whether that is recruiting internally or externally. If you believe this has not happened in the area you’ve worked, we would appreciate the feedback so we can look into it. Please contact us on inside@indeed.com

Want to know more about Indeed?

Ask a question
Best company I have ever worked at
Senior Software Engineer (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXOctober 24, 2018
Engineering Driven. Data driven. Lots of autonomy. Free food.

Management is obviously doing things, but most of what they do is invisible to engineers. Cross functional work between teams is encouraged and not blocked by management.
Pros
Engineering Driven. Data driven. Lots of autonomy. Free food.
Cons
Parking is terrible
Great place to work at
Software Engineer Intern (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXOctober 15, 2018
- Great team to work for
- The company has a great work culture
- Work-life balance is great (a lot of fun activities)
- Individual responsibilities are the driving factor
Pros
Great work-life balance, Great perks, passion driven work culture
Cons
Could improve in compensation
Great Perks, Don't Appreciate Employees
Senior Client Success Specialist (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXOctober 8, 2018
I love working for Indeed. The culture, the benefits, the management and perks are all fantastic. Unfortunately the pay for my role is not even close to enough for the workload and for the cost of living in the area. I'll either need to transfer to a department that I don't love, or to a different company so that I can afford to live here. The SLT team is consistently praising our efforts but doesn't show their appreciation in any way other than free happy hours. I don't think they understand how much they put on the CS team.
Pros
culture, perks, free food
Cons
pay, advancement opportunities
October 9, 2018

Thanks for leaving us some great feedback about working at Indeed.

We know that the CS team are a vital part of our business when it comes to delivering a best in class service to our clients, partners, and teammates worldwide. We do appreciate you!

In regards to rewarding our employees, we research compensation in each market where we compete for talent, and have a dedicated benefits team that are continually adjusting levels based on data and feedback.

Please do have a chat with your manager or HR BP if you want to talk in more detail about your questions around salary.

It was difficult working at indeed
Senior Linux Administrator (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXSeptember 30, 2018
It was difficult for me to work at indeed with all of the egos that were there at my time. That is why I left indeed. The environment was hostile for me, but not bad enough to report to HR.
October 3, 2018

Thanks so much for leaving us a review about your time working in our Austin office. We’re sorry to hear you did not feel like you could talk to HR about how you were feeling. HR are there to support and listen to our employees, not matter how big or small the issue is. If you would like to talk to us further please email us at inside@indeed.com

Great tech culture and great perks for employees. Very fast paced
Hiring Specialist (Contract) (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXSeptember 29, 2018
Great tech culture and great perks for employees. Very fast paced, there just wasn't a ton of opportunity for growth for me personally as I was trying to move to a different department.
Pros
free breakfast, lunch, snacks. Relaxation areas, open layout, paid parking
SENIOR SITE RELIABILITY ENGINEER (Current Employee) –  Seattle, WASeptember 25, 2018
Best job I have ever had. The people are great and treat each other great. Lots of activities going on for everyone. Management lest you do your job and removes roadblocks.
Pros
free lunch, open pto, great environment
Cons
Seattle traffic
A Great Place to Work
Senior National Account (Current Employee) –  New York, NYSeptember 10, 2018
Great Company to work for!!!! Indeed is an awesome company to work for. Upward mobility, great work environment and perks! Overall this is the best company I have ever worked for!
September 12, 2018

Thanks so much for leaving us such a great review about your current experiences of working at Indeed.

We appreciate your feedback!

Overall a great place to work
Content Writer (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXSeptember 10, 2018
Awesome benefits and casual work culture. Not super transparent about changes that could affect day to day unless you are a higher up which can catch you off guard.
Pros
Amazing free food
Cons
Questionable job security
Top knotch culture and work/life balance
Senior Client Success Specialist, Strategy (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXSeptember 9, 2018
Indeed is an incredible place to work. The culture they work so hard to grow and maintain is unparalleled and management trusts each person to do their job so work/life balance is incredible.
Cons
compensation for CS and growth opportunities in this department is scarce.
Great work/life balance and culture
Senior Account Executive (Former Employee) –  New York, NYSeptember 6, 2018
Indeed was a fantastic place to work. I never once woke up dreading going in. I do think that employee's day to day experience depending heavily on their direct report and attitude. Overtime is not allowed so the schedule was very routine. The sales targets were fair.

The product basically sells itself and the training is amazing.
Pros
Free breakfast every day, great snacks, incredible pay, lunch once a week, happy hour
Cons
The communication between upper management and Account Executives could be better, promotions beyond Senior Account Executive are competitive

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Indeed. Our community is ready to answer.

4.4

Ratings from women

3.6InHerSight Score

3.7Personal Development

3.0Career Opportunities

3.9Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight