Indeed

Areas for improvement
  • Energizing work tasks
  • Overall satisfaction
  • Fair pay for job

The most positive culture where your voice is heard

Featured review

Indeed selected this as a representative review
I've worked at Indeed for two years, and I am so grateful I was hired. This culture is so positive, caring, and so many people have gone out of their way to help me. The company truly cares about your career and where you want to go. The managers have so many conversations with you about what motivates you to help you achieve your goals. After every event, Q&A, all-hands, there's an option to leave feedback and the feedback is actually read and action is taken. As soon as COVID-19 was getting serious, Indeed was one of the first companies to implement a mandatory work-from-home policy. Our healthy and safety came first, and I felt so lucky our company had the opportunity to make that decision. Since the WFH policy, our CEO, COO, and SVP of HR have been INCREDIBLE with transparency, being here for us and communicating to us more than I've ever seen.I feel valued, heard, and my work means something when I am at Indeed.In terms of benefits, it's truly fantastic. We have unlimited PTO, and we are encouraged to take it. 401K match up to 3%. Great healthcare plan. Our NYC office is beautiful with fully stocked drinks and snacks. There's a gym and multiple terraces. We have company happy hours once a month and our holiday parties are OUTSTANDING. Every year the company gives everyone a really nice gift for the holidays. I really could go on for a long time. Definitely, definitely apply.

September 1, 2021
Hi there,Thank you for taking the time to write a review for us! We're extremely happy to hear such positive feedback from you. We appreciate it and we look forward to you continuing to grow your career with us #insideindeed!

Good place to learn, need more structure and better management

Indeed is a great company and enhances the purpose of everyday job. The salary could be better and it needs more organised structure. Quotas are not calculated in a clear way

Pros

WFH reimbursement, relocation credit, inclusive and diversity

Cons

low salaries compared to competition, poor management

Great company and mission, losing focus

Amazing company that knows their place in the market. A little too big for their own head at times. Staffing issues causes more pressure than SLT realizes

November 30, 2021
Hi there, thank you for taking the time to leave us a review. We appreciate your feedback. If you'd like to have a more confidential chat, please drop us an email at inside@indeed.comThank you.

Stagnant Sales

Too much talent for hopes of advancement. 6+ years as a rep before you'll be promoted to a team lead, not even a manager. All other aspects of the company are great.

November 25, 2021
Hi there, thank you for taking the time to write a review for us. As we continue to grow and evolve as a company, we want you to have the opportunities to do the same. We encourage all employees to take advantage of our ongoing internal training courses via Indeed Learn, as well as have weekly 1:1 discussions with your manager about your career development. To ensure our employees are supported and recognised for the work they do, we also have standards and processes in place for feedback and promotions, such as our quarterly reviews and calibrations. Thanks again for your feedback, and we hope you continue growing your career with us #insideindeed!

Great place to work!

This is by far the best company I've worked for. They offer amazing benefits/PTO and really care about the culture. They take everyone's feedback into consideration to make sure they're taking the right steps to make us happy. It is a huge company at this point so there are always things to work on, but overall, I have no downsides or complaints about the company. From my experience, they provide a very safe, inclusive environment.

Pros

Open PTO

Cons

Not offering fully remote for CS yet

November 25, 2021
Hello! We are so thrilled to hear that you enjoy working at Indeed. Thank you for all your hard work thus far, and we look forward to you growing your career with us #insideindeed!

Share your experience

Let job seekers know what it's like to work at your company.

I love the place

Management encourages your advancement and career growth.Everyone works as a team, and this is felt even when working remotely.I really love working here!

November 25, 2021
Hi there, thank you for sharing your feedback with us. We're glad to hear you love working at Indeed!

Self-managed Hours

As a mom of three, my family is my focus outside work. I appreciate how my bosses don’t bedruge me if I’m not accessible 24/7, even if project deadlines are looming - so long as the project is done on time and in full.

Pros

Self-managed workload and hours

Cons

Lack of variety in projects

November 25, 2021
Hi there, thank you for taking the time to leave us a review. We care deeply about our employee wellbeing, so we're happy to hear that the flexibility at Indeed helped support you in managing your priorities out of work. Thanks again for sharing your feedback with us!

Management encourages your advancement and career growth. Everyone works as a team, and this is felt even when working remotely. I really love working here! Just wish the pay was better.

November 25, 2021
Hi there, thank you for taking the time to write a review for us. We really appreciate your feedback!

Indeed offers many amazing benefits and perks that are hard to beat at other companies. They respect work-life balance and allow for flexibility when it is needed. It can be difficult to move upward as it can become very competitive.

November 25, 2021
Hi there, thank you for taking the time to write a review for us. We want our employees to succeed in all that they do. We encourage employees to have weekly 1:1's with their manager to discuss about their career development. In addition, we also have standards and processes in place for promotions and progressions, such as our quarterly reviews and calibrations. Thank you for all your hard work thus far, and we hope you continue growing your career with us #insideindeed!

Good Worklife Balance and Inclusion

Indeed believes in worklife balance and inclusion. Their benefits are fantastic which why you stay! It used to be for the culture, but COVID really put a strain on that. However, mid-senior management does not know how to develop employees and promotions are not always given based on merit and accomplishments. There's definitely a recency bias when it comes to that.

Pros

Benefits and Inclusion

Cons

Pay stays stagnant, not always room for advancement

November 25, 2021
Hi there, thanks for leaving a review for us. We want all our employees to succeed and feel value for the work they do. We encourage employees to have weekly 1:1 discussions with your manager about your work and career development. To ensure our employees are supported and recognised for the work they do, we also have standards and processes in place for feedback and promotions, such as our quarterly reviews and calibrations. Thank you for your hard work thus far, and we hope you continue growing your career with us #insideindeed!

Great place to begin your career

Indeed is a very fun and exciting place to begin your career! The employee base is very young and the culture is where this company thrives. The office environment and work happy hours are always fun and energetic. From a Sales perspective, quotas can often be unattainable and there are often internal technology issues that prohibit individual contributors from completing their day-to-day responsibilities. Overall, am grateful to work for this company.

Pros

Good benefits, Great Culture

Cons

Tech Issues, Unrealistic Goals at times

November 8, 2021
Hi there, thank you for taking the time to write a review for us. We're happy to hear that overall, you're having a positive experience. We encourage employees to have weekly 1:1’s with their line managers. This is to ensure that goals are attainable, as well as to discuss any challenges and suggestions to overcome them, so you can succeed in your role. We look forward to you continuing to grow your career with us #insideindeed. Thanks again for your feedback!

Work At Indeed

Great company culture and work life balance. Pay could be more competitive for sales reps considering the amount of revenue they generate. More transparency behind quotas would be nice.

November 8, 2021
Hello there! Thank you for writing a review for us. We're glad to hear you're satisfied with the flexibility and working culture at Indeed. Our salary ranges are determined by the local labor markets where Indeed hires and has established business operations. Base salaries are only one component of an employee’s total compensation. All full time employees are also eligible for quarterly bonuses based on performance and Restricted Stock Units (RSUs) of our parent company, Recruit, Open Paid Time Off, and various perks depending on your office.We also encourage you to have weekly 1:1’s with your manager to ensure that have discussions about quotas, workload and career development. Thank you.

The Best Job I've Ever Had

From the very beginning, my career at Indeed has been life changing. I have enjoyed the day to day mission, my teammates, the office culture and lifestyle provided by the company. I would recommend my role (sales) to anyone looking for a chance to grow as a more cerebral sales professional. Changes come quickly and it's imperative that you keep up with all of the innovation to better serve your clients. Apply if you like to stay actively invested in a company mission and vision for the future of hiring.

Pros

Great Office Culture, Unlimited PTO and Work/Live Balance

October 26, 2021
Hi there, thanks for taking the time to write a review for us. We are extremely happy to hear that you're having a positive experience working at Indeed! We're grateful to have you on our team and we look forward as your continue to grow your career with us #insideindeed. Thanks again!

Fantastic company to work for

At Indeed I feel a shared sense of purpose with my colleagues and our leadership in our mission to Help People Get Jobs. As part of the Job Seeker GM business unit, this mission drives every decision we make, and I feel the work I'm doing is beneficial to people around the world. There are communication challenges as with any larger company, but there is always work being done to help improve and evolve this. I have also been HIGHLY impressed with our leadership's handling of the pandemic and going on 2 years of remote work, putting our health and safety first in all decisions they make. I've never felt so seen and supported by a company as I do at Indeed.

October 26, 2021
Hello, thank you for taking the time to write a review for us. We are so happy to hear your positive feedback and that you enjoy working at Indeed. Our employees' health and wellbeing is our priority, and we really appreciate that you're happy with how our leadership is handling the way we work in these unprecedented times. Thanks again for the feedback!

Good resources, helpful employees, true to mission statement

Indeed is always true to its internal mission statement: Putting the job seeker first. The mission does not waiver, and all decisions are made to create a better world with job seekers who feel that they can make good decisions for their future.

October 26, 2021
Hello, thank you for taking the time to write a review for us. We really appreciate your feedback!

Great career growth, supportive management

Overall, working at Indeed has arguably been one of the better companies I've worked for. I was there for about two and a half years, you're very well supported by the company and executive leadership. The company has changed quite a bit and personally I wanted to move to a company where I could continue to build from the ground up.The only negative I could say is the compensation can be a bit lacking when it comes to Client Success versus competitors or other companies looking for similar roles. The benefits themselves were very competitive, with compensation being the only portion lacking.

Pros

Catered lunches, M-F schedule, health, dental, vision, strong leadership, career advancement

Cons

Lower compensation than competitors, has transitioned into a call center type environment, didn't use to be.

October 15, 2021
Hi there, thanks so much for taking the time to write a review for us.We're happy to hear that you had a positive experience working at Indeed. We really appreciate your feedback, and we look forward to working with you again #insideindeed.

To many surveys

Okay place to work to many surveys and not enough fixes to previous surveys. Take time & read employees survey from before. Don’t these on us unless willing to fixe issue

Resourceful

They require a lot of feedback in order to truly advance/have access to what and where you want to be. Also, minimum quotas on certain things which is kind of annoying, tedious, and feels useless.

October 18, 2021
Thank you or taking the time to leave us your feedback. This has been noted and will be passed along to our leadership team. Should you wish to provide us with further information about your location and department please feel free to reach out to us at inside@indeed.com.

They give you time to learn

I've been with Indeed for just over a month and am floored at the amount of documentation, classes and other training that is offered to new hires from day 1. I feel appreciated and have been told to slow down and learn. I feel that I am being set up for success in many ways.

Pros

New hire home office stipend, Open PTO, Time to learn about the company and my role in it

Cons

None so far

October 15, 2021
Hi there, thank you for taking the time to write a review for us. We're happy to hear you're enjoying working at Indeed, and that you had a positive experience since day one. We really appreciate your feedback. Thanks again.

Impactful work, great engineering culture, great coworkers

I worked as a SWE intern at Indeed. Was blown away by how kind and helpful everyone is. They take data-driven decision making seriously, and I was given the autonomy to determine my project direction in line with the data. Got to work across multiple teams and functions on exciting and high-impact projects. Learned a ton and had a great time!

October 5, 2021
Hello! We're delighted to hear that you had a positive experience during your internship with us. We hope the knowledge and experience you've gained will be useful to you wherever you will go, and we look forward to seeing you again #insideindeed. You can keep a look out on our open roles at indeed.jobs and apply to suitable roles in future. All the best!

Great company to work for

Indeed as a company and culture is great to work for. They really care about their employees and provide as much support as possible. You will be busy, especially assisting clients and their hiring needs in this day and age, but the benefits typically outweigh the stresses. If you can maintain a steady workflow of inbound calls, this is probably the best place for you to work.

October 5, 2021
Hello! Thanks so much for taking the time to leave a review for us. We're happy to hear you had a positive experience while you were with us. We wish you all the best in your future endeavours and we look forward to seeing you again #insideindeed.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Indeed. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

4.3

Diversity score

out of 100
Comparably
Diversity Score
Top 10%
In the Top 10% of similar size companies
The Comparably Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at Indeed.
Powered byComparably