Indeed Culture reviews

Fun workplace
Recruiting Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXApril 8, 2019
Working at Indeed is amazing. The environment, people and culture is awesome. There is a lot of opportunties and would recommend anyone working there.
Wowza
National Account Manager (Current Employee) –  RemoteApril 5, 2019
I have always liked my previous employers but Indeed is truly focused on its employees and clients. I pinch myself on a regular basis! Indeed is an employer of choice!
Pros
Culture, benefits, employee engagement and many more
Amazing People & Culture
Customer Success Specialist (Current Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZApril 3, 2019
Truly a collaborative environment. Great perks, lots of on-site facilities, ie: workout room, meditation room, etc... Catered food and a very well-stocked kitchen.

Up to date IT and infrastructure, great training and ramp up. Excellent managers to work with. A positive and inclusive culture.
Pros
Free food, parking, MacBook Pro, beautiful facility
Cons
None really, just the occasional irate customer.
Great Culture and Work Environment but Unclear Standards
Data Specialist (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXApril 1, 2019
I worked for one year with Indeed on a contract job as a Data Specialist with a team of about 15 people. I worked diligently throughout the year and was entrusted with additional responsibilities outside of the original job description. I developed a great reputation as an entrusted and reliable worker, however, was unable to transfer over into a permanent position. I interviewed for 4 different internal positions which I was not hired for any. 4 of my teammates were easily able to transfer into a permanent position with no problem, yet I knew their work ethic and quietly observed how they would roll into work 30-40 minutes late (sometimes 1 hour) and leave 1-2 hours early everyday. One even admitted that they lied on their resume. I was unable to land any permanent role with Indeed even though I had more experience, skill and integrity. I am unsure as to what the standards of Indeed are: is it integrity? Experience? Skillset? Overall, it was a great culture and I enjoyed working there.
Pros
Great culture, fun and open environment. Free meals and endless snacks
Cons
Management and unclear standards
Program Developer - Search Quality Engineer (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXFebruary 27, 2019
Great place to work. Decent working environment, although it gets a little loud in some of the places...just bring headphones. Lots of interesting projects to get involved with.
Indeed is fun
Social Media Specialist (Current Employee) –  Stamford, CTFebruary 6, 2019
Indeed is a great place to work! I love coming here every single day. My team is dedicated to helping people getting jobs. What could be better than that?
Great company
Account Executive (Current Employee) –  Stamford, CTFebruary 5, 2019
Sales goals are unrealistic but the company culture itself is great. Work-Life balance is difficult to achieve if you depend on the train so they expect you to move to Stamford
Pros
Free lunch Wednesdays, free snacks, free breakfast, free drinks, happy hours, video games, ping pong
Cons
Work-Life Balance
An amazing company, culture, and mission but pay is lacking
Client Success Specialist (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXJanuary 24, 2019
As noted in many reviews on Indeed, the company is incredible and basically par none to the vast majority of other companies out there. As an employee, you do feel valued in numerous ways and the mission that we strive for every day is noble and worthwhile.

The biggest issues are growing pains such as lack of clear growth opportunities or lateral moves to other departments. There is also the fact that is mentioned often, that the pay rates feel relatively low for the cost of living and the growing responsibilities as the company continues to grow at a furious rate. Pay bands and other restrictions with promotions make you feel that to make true career progress one needs to leave, gain experience, and come back to better opportunities and pay.

Nonetheless, Indeed is a first-rate company to work for and the future of the company looks promising!
Pros
Great culture, free food, Unlimited PTO, team events, happy hours
Cons
Pay rates and unclear growth opportunities
A wonderful place to work!
Client Success Specialist (Current Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZJanuary 11, 2019
I love my job and I love our mission - We help people get jobs! The relationships I have built with the clients and my colleagues is second to none. I come in to work each day knowing I'm going to make a difference and provide the best service that I can! Indeed offers unlimited PTO which has encouraged me to travel and take mental health days, great benefits, great culture and even better people.
Pros
Unlimited PTO, free lunch/breakfast, open kitchen, culture, colleagues
Excellent place to work
Marketing Director (Current Employee) –  LondonJanuary 3, 2019
Indeed has been a real treat so far. The interview process was thorough, with 8 different meetings over a month. This gave me time to understand the role and the company and to meet prospective colleagues. I appreciated that they took this seriously.

Onboarding was very impressive, with all new starters flown to the EMEA HQ in Dublin for their first morning.

You have the latest MacBook when you start and all the tools you need to collaborate effectively with colleagues around the world.

The culture is inclusive and friendly, with a great deal of energy around the company's mission and the extremely impressive growth Indeed is going through.

Indeed has a true mission and is clearly the leading destination for job searches in the UK. It's a very exciting time to be here.

It's my 8th company and the first one which I would recommend to friends without hesitation.
Pros
Free breakfast every day, free lunch on Wednesday, free snacks and drinks at all times. Unlimited holiday. Modern and pleasant office.
Cons
High growth companies inevitably generate ambiguity and are not for everyone.
Amazing Culture
National Account Manager (Current Employee) –  San Francisco Bay Area, CADecember 31, 2018
I have been in the workforce for over 20 years and held many different jobs. Indeed finally feels like home. It is refreshing to work with a company that the customers love and respect. We have a product that sells itself. I hope to still be here in 20 years!!
Pros
Culture! Unlimited PTO! Amazing perks!
January 7, 2019

Thanks for leaving us such a great review. Here's to the next 20 years!

INSIDE SALES ACCOUNT EXECUTIVE INTERN (Former Employee) –  Stamford, CTDecember 18, 2018
The internship experience is exceptional. Interns are treated as full-time employees, given all the tools to succeed. The environment is always friendly and energetic!
December 21, 2018

Hi there! Thanks so much for taking the time to leave us a review. Our internship program is a vital part of our business and glad you had the opportunity to work in our Sales department and work with all of our wonderful clients.

We'd love to have you back at Indeed at some point in the future so keep an eye out on indeed.jobs for all of our open roles.

Indeed is awesome
Recruiter (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXNovember 26, 2018
I have never worked at a place like this. Great culture of inclusion and diversity. Ability to make an impact on the companies growth. The company genuinely cares about it's employees.
Pros
Free food, unlimited PTO, growth opportunities
Cons
Not many. Could have more consistent processes but I think that is a symptom of the growth.
Make your money
Team Lead (Current Employee) –  Stamford, CTNovember 15, 2018
Indeed is a phenomenal atmosphere to build your sales skills as an account executive and beyond. A dynamic startup environment still exists within a company that has been #1 in it's industry for six years and counting. Ask questions, take advantage of the extensive trainings offered and learn everything about the products so you can speak in the simplest terms to the clients, and have fun too.
Pros
Competitive pay, healthcare benefits
Fun place to work
Office Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZNovember 14, 2018
Culture is everything. There is not shortage of benefits, perks, swag, food everything. They take the time to teach you and help your growth and care about their employees.
Great culture but company is losing its focus
National Account Manager (Current Employee) –  San Francisco Bay Area, CANovember 7, 2018
Indeed is a great company with a great mission. It helps candidates find jobs at great companies and helps employers find great candidates. However, over the last year or so, Indeed is branching out into other areas (employer branding) and is putting a lot of pressure on its sales organization to push these products into the marketplace. However, Indeed is not well versed in this area and quite frankly, these products need to improve in many ways before increased adoption can take place. It is creating a disconnect between product and sales that is taking away from the core mission of the company and the true culture at Indeed.
Pros
Great mission, good people, good benefits, nice offices, unlimited PTO, option to work from home...
Cons
Salaries are not competitive with other sales organizations.
December 27, 2018

Hi there. Thanks so much for taking the time out of your day to give us feedback about working at Indeed.

As a business we are constantly looking for new ways to grow in the market to make sure we are always delivering on our mission of helping people get jobs. With that growth, there can be challenges and things we need to learn along the way, so we appreciate you highlighting your experience.

We were excited to launch several new products in 2018. Feedback between teams about what is working - and what needs to be improved - has been an integral part of those launches. As such, we've taken several recent steps to attain more alignment between our Product and Sales teams. We hope the benefits of these enhancements are already being felt by the teams or will be soon.

Great place to work at
Software Engineer Intern (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXOctober 15, 2018
- Great team to work for
- The company has a great work culture
- Work-life balance is great (a lot of fun activities)
- Individual responsibilities are the driving factor
Pros
Great work-life balance, Great perks, passion driven work culture
Cons
Could improve in compensation
Great Perks, Don't Appreciate Employees
Senior Client Success Specialist (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXOctober 8, 2018
I love working for Indeed. The culture, the benefits, the management and perks are all fantastic. Unfortunately the pay for my role is not even close to enough for the workload and for the cost of living in the area. I'll either need to transfer to a department that I don't love, or to a different company so that I can afford to live here. The SLT team is consistently praising our efforts but doesn't show their appreciation in any way other than free happy hours. I don't think they understand how much they put on the CS team.
Pros
culture, perks, free food
Cons
pay, advancement opportunities
October 9, 2018

Thanks for leaving us some great feedback about working at Indeed.

We know that the CS team are a vital part of our business when it comes to delivering a best in class service to our clients, partners, and teammates worldwide. We do appreciate you!

In regards to rewarding our employees, we research compensation in each market where we compete for talent, and have a dedicated benefits team that are continually adjusting levels based on data and feedback.

Please do have a chat with your manager or HR BP if you want to talk in more detail about your questions around salary.

Great tech culture and great perks for employees. Very fast paced
Hiring Specialist (Contract) (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXSeptember 29, 2018
Great tech culture and great perks for employees. Very fast paced, there just wasn't a ton of opportunity for growth for me personally as I was trying to move to a different department.
Pros
free breakfast, lunch, snacks. Relaxation areas, open layout, paid parking
SENIOR SITE RELIABILITY ENGINEER (Current Employee) –  Seattle, WASeptember 25, 2018
Best job I have ever had. The people are great and treat each other great. Lots of activities going on for everyone. Management lest you do your job and removes roadblocks.
Pros
free lunch, open pto, great environment
Cons
Seattle traffic

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Indeed. Our community is ready to answer.

4.4

Women's ratings

3.4Fairygodboss Score

63%say women are treated fairly and equally to men

53%would recommend to other women

Fairygodboss provides free job reviews for women, by women.

Powered by Fairygodboss