Indeed Management reviews

Featured review
Indeed selected this as a representative review
Program Developer - Search Quality Engineer (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXFebruary 27, 2019
Great place to work. Decent working environment, although it gets a little loud in some of the places...just bring headphones. Lots of interesting projects to get involved with.
Great Culture and Work Environment but Unclear Standards
Data Specialist (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXApril 1, 2019
I worked for one year with Indeed on a contract job as a Data Specialist with a team of about 15 people. I worked diligently throughout the year and was entrusted with additional responsibilities outside of the original job description. I developed a great reputation as an entrusted and reliable worker, however, was unable to transfer over into a permanent position. I interviewed for 4 different internal positions which I was not hired for any. 4 of my teammates were easily able to transfer into a permanent position with no problem, yet I knew their work ethic and quietly observed how they would roll into work 30-40 minutes late (sometimes 1 hour) and leave 1-2 hours early everyday. One even admitted that they lied on their resume. I was unable to land any permanent role with Indeed even though I had more experience, skill and integrity. I am unsure as to what the standards of Indeed are: is it integrity? Experience? Skillset? Overall, it was a great culture and I enjoyed working there.
Pros
Great culture, fun and open environment. Free meals and endless snacks
Cons
Management and unclear standards
Great Place to work, but is growing rapidly and has a more reactive approach.
IT SUPPORT SPECIALIST I (Current Employee) –  Cedar Park, TXMarch 23, 2019
Indeed provide great incentives to ensure a good work life balance and a fun environment. I've had the ability to grow a lot within my role which has given me opportunities with other teams within Indeed.

The flaws of this company is management, compensation, and growth.

Management can often times be lacking in various departments regarding growth and accurate assessments of its staff for internal positions.

Compensation in various roles is often not adequate for the amount of workload that is placed on teams that support the infrastructure globally. Often times, people will leave Indeed to seek better compensation and may return to Indeed to get the compensation they are deserved.

Growth at Indeed is happening rapidly, and often times our leadership has a reactive approach to addressing concerns versus a proactive approach. This often causes strain on teams and delivery of incomplete solutions.

Overall, the job is good if you choose not to focus on those concern, but if these things do concern you, then you may enjoy the environment less than you are frustrated with its lack of organization.
Great Company, but stepping stone to something else
Employee (Current Employee) –  New York, NYFebruary 28, 2019
Indeed is a great resume builder. However, salaries are low, management is inexperienced, and advancement is not entirely based on merit. Growing pains can be avoided but arent.
Indeed is an alright place to work
Client Onboarding Strategist (Current Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZJanuary 30, 2019
I liked Indeed at first and was in a test department and slowly started to not like the role I was in. Then became miserable in my day to day, underpaid, micromanaged role.
February 11, 2019

Thanks for taking the time to leave us a review about working at Indeed in Scottsdale. Your feedback is invaluable and we are listening.

At Indeed we care deeply about the welfare, wellbeing and mental health of our employees, providing yoga and meditation options, as well as a confidential employee assistance helpline. But of course we do welcome further feedback from our people so please use the email address below to give us more details.

In regards to rewarding our employees, we research compensation in each market where we compete for talent, and have a dedicated benefits team that are continually adjusting levels based on data and feedback.

Thank you again for your review. We are listening, and we value the time you have taken to share.

If you would like to talk to us confidentially please do email us at inside@indeed.com

Great first sales job...BUT
Account Executive (Former Employee) –  Stamford, CTJanuary 25, 2019
Pros: You learn the core basics of selling/cold calling which in turn builds confidence for any future job. During the first year they invest heavily in Sales Training via Indeeds own internal Sales Training team and Dale Carnegie Training. Coming out of college this experience can be very beneficial down the road. Also I met some great people here who've become close friends.

Cons: You WILL BE micro-managed here. The amount of reports that are generated by some Team Directors and Senior Directors at this company is mind blowing. 90% of these reports have absolutely no benefit to growing sales numbers. In addition to this, a large group of Directors and Sr. Directors care more about the amount of calls you make (minimum of 60-85 per day) than the deals you bring in. You could have a great day of bringing in a major deal or multiple deals, but if you didn't hit your "call metrics" for that day either your Director will pull you aside OR your Sr. Director will say something. If that happens too often, you're written up. It is common to see tenured/successful sales reps be pulled aside if they miss the call metric minimum despite having hit their quotas in advance. They'll pull out reports showing data that has zero bearing to your day and make you do calls. Prepare to be micromanaged, very little creativity allowed in this job. The position does not allow you to do research and find new prospects either. This is done for you through a flawed system where you're hopefully given new leads; unknown how that actually works, and Sr. Directors deflect any questions
  more... for this like the plague.

Advice to Mgmt: Take a look at the amount of micro-managing an alarming portion of Directors and Sr. Directors are doing. You'll see it goes against what the VP of Sales and COO/CEO are presenting in each of the Quarterly meetings. A common quote was "yesterdays best is not good enough today." If that's the case then the micromanagement brought on by individuals in Sales Director/Sr. Director roles needs to change or they'll continue to have a drop off in junior and/or tenured and successful sales people. Not once did the VP of Sales come down to the main sales floor to analyze what was going on, and when they do show up to take a very quick stroll around the reps are put in to "call blocks" to make it seem like the revenue is pouring in. C-level execs push for creativity, and the Sr. Directors & Directors (not all of them, but an alarming amount) cloud that message and drown reps in unneeded reports and preach call metrics over sales growth. This creates a short terms sales job, rather than a long term career.
Pros
Great people, benefits, compensation potential, internal/external training
Cons
Micro-Management, Poor Management, Lack of creativity
February 11, 2019

Thanks for taking the time to leave us a review about working at Indeed in Stamford. Your feedback is invaluable and we are listening.

It’s great to hear that you enjoyed the sales training that is offered. It sounds like this is something that will benefit you as you grow in your sales career.
We are also glad to hear that you made close friends while working at Indeed. Working with great people is what makes work more enjoyable and fun.

Managers are held accountable to their leadership roles and we’re monitoring this through our employee engagement surveys and manager performance feedback. This provides us insights on the employee experience, and we take it seriously. Capturing this information allows our HR Business Partners to take action immediately by delivering direct feedback and actionable recommendations to managers.

Once again thanks for your feedback, we are listening and constantly trying to growing and improving as a business, especially when it comes to our culture.

Beware of Inexperienced Managers
Senior Account Executive (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJanuary 18, 2019
I worked in sales for 2.5 years in the NYC office before looking for a new job due to the stressful environment created by my inexperienced manager.

The hardest part of this job is hitting your daily call metrics with matching mandatory detailed notes using a faulty home grown CRM system that malfunctions every other day.

My manager ignored my sales performance (consistently 110%+ to quota) and only cared about those daily (while completely insignificant) metrics. I had hoped to stay at Indeed longer but working for an inexperienced managed forced me to look for a new job.

Beware of the "unlimited" vacation day policy as it will be used against you in all cases. Indeed offers a fun work atmosphere for the post college crowd with free meals, snacks, and happy hours but inexperienced leaders create endless difficulties for those who don't play by their rules.
February 6, 2019

Hi there. Thanks leaving us a review about working at Indeed New York within Sales.

We’re constantly evolving and developing the training we provide managers so your feedback is vital to this work as we’ll know where to focus our efforts.
Thanks again for being part of Indeed for 2.5 years and taking the time leave us a review about working with us.

Where the Tech Savy Survive
Accounts Payable Specialist/Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXDecember 29, 2018
At Indeed, you rely heavily upon google suite - telecommuting across the globe via their meeting room setups. Be prepared to learn fast and on the fly.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
Some managers have a more corporate mindset.
GREAT place to work!
Client Success Specialist (Current Employee) –  Stamford, CTDecember 17, 2018
-work hard, play hard
-Indeed is a company that cares about their employees
-Indeed is a growing company
-great benefits!
-room to move/grown within the company
-management has it struggles sometimes
Pros
Benefits, coworkers
Cons
Management issues
Fun work environment with lots of career advancement opportunities.
Software Development Engineer (Current Employee) –  Seattle, WADecember 15, 2018
Mileage might vary from office to office, but from my observation and experience at the Seattle office, the management cares about the employees and try to do what's necessary to advance the employees' career.
Pros
Free lunch, open PTO, great co-workers
Fun workplace, difficult management
Briefing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXDecember 1, 2018
Workplace had nice benefits at this particular campus, but the management was difficult and pay was lacking for contractors. Full-time and in different areas would likely be a better way to work at Indeed.
Bittersweet
Client Onboarding Strategist (Current Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZNovember 23, 2018
They grew too fast. Daily frustration with moving targets and no strategy on how to reach them. 4-5 departments contacting the same leads with the exact same sales pitches. I swear they are A/B testing the teams against each other. Very stressful. Constant gossip. Any experienced sales manager left and they were open about why they left so disappointed. It's not sales. Client Onboarding Strategist is a retention role at best. We sell pay per click advertising. There's no time to actually help the small businesses because metrics are all that matter. This is voiced openly by the department. In order to get bonuses themselves, management simply said to 'just roll with it'. This job consists of finding the loopholes and keeping them quiet.

The US market isn't the top priority of this Japanese company. I might recommend the headquarters doing anything but sales. Or do Acquisition Sales which is the actual sales department.

The future is 50/50 in my opinion. They will stop forcing irrelevant metrics to be the only priority or they will turn into the typical call center with lower and lower standards.

An excellent benefits package with all the bells and whistles. Colorful and fun office parties. Well equipped facilities. But I genuinely feel bad about the treatment of the small businesses and how savagely we prey on them. Indeed wants its employee's next job to be with Indeed, too. Unfortunately most of us want that but are lining up plan B as the truth is exposed. The new hires dissapear quick.
Pros
Benefits, great people, parties
Cons
Disservice to paying customers, sleazy sales
February 6, 2019

We have seen a huge amount of growth over the last few years, especially in new offices like Scottsdale. This will continue in 2019 and with that growth there can often be growing pains.

Indeed was acquired by Recruit Co. Ltd in 2012. The acquisition enabled Indeed to continue its rapid expansion while benefiting from Recruit’s reach and resources. Indeed continues to remain an independent operating unit of Recruit.

Make your money
Team Lead (Current Employee) –  Stamford, CTNovember 15, 2018
Indeed is a phenomenal atmosphere to build your sales skills as an account executive and beyond. A dynamic startup environment still exists within a company that has been #1 in it's industry for six years and counting. Ask questions, take advantage of the extensive trainings offered and learn everything about the products so you can speak in the simplest terms to the clients, and have fun too.
Pros
Competitive pay, healthcare benefits
Just my thoughts. Was there a while.
Sr. Account Executive (Former Employee) –  New York, NYOctober 25, 2018
The company is pretty much what you're reading. It's not a very "colorful" place. Managers hire who they hire and management plays it's favorites. But that's every company right? It's pretty bad here though. Definitely a very slender window for any sort of advancement. Make your money as a rep and keep your ear to the ground about advancement internally and externally. As a rep, however, the product works so it's not necessarily a difficult sale. Can sometimes be a longer sales cycle than expected. Was also a much bigger fan of receiving commission every month vs the salary + bonus every quarter situation. Young environment, sometimes referred to as "college 2.0."
Pros
Easy ish sale, working product, free food, fitness classes, gym, entire location, unlimited PTO, good compensation, excellent benefits
Cons
No diversity, Management had its issues
November 9, 2018

Thanks for giving us your feedback about your time working at Indeed.

We want everyone at Indeed to feel like they belong and are absolutely committed to fostering an environment where inclusion is valued and leveraged. We have established external partnerships with organizations that help will identify rich diverse talent. Our IRGs are instrumental in helping us attract and retain people from underrepresented groups. However from your feedback, we still have some way to go on our inclusion journey, and always welcome further conversations around this.

When it comes to recruitment we operate a fair and unbiased interview process for all of our roles whether that is recruiting internally or externally. If you believe this has not happened in the area you’ve worked, we would appreciate the feedback so we can look into it. Please contact us on inside@indeed.com

Best company I have ever worked at
Senior Software Engineer (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXOctober 24, 2018
Engineering Driven. Data driven. Lots of autonomy. Free food.

Management is obviously doing things, but most of what they do is invisible to engineers. Cross functional work between teams is encouraged and not blocked by management.
Pros
Engineering Driven. Data driven. Lots of autonomy. Free food.
Cons
Parking is terrible
Great Perks, Don't Appreciate Employees
Senior Client Success Specialist (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXOctober 8, 2018
I love working for Indeed. The culture, the benefits, the management and perks are all fantastic. Unfortunately the pay for my role is not even close to enough for the workload and for the cost of living in the area. I'll either need to transfer to a department that I don't love, or to a different company so that I can afford to live here. The SLT team is consistently praising our efforts but doesn't show their appreciation in any way other than free happy hours. I don't think they understand how much they put on the CS team.
Pros
culture, perks, free food
Cons
pay, advancement opportunities
October 9, 2018

Thanks for leaving us some great feedback about working at Indeed.

We know that the CS team are a vital part of our business when it comes to delivering a best in class service to our clients, partners, and teammates worldwide. We do appreciate you!

Please do have a chat with your manager or HR BP if you want to talk in more detail about your questions around salary.

It was difficult working at indeed
Senior Linux Administrator (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXSeptember 30, 2018
It was difficult for me to work at indeed with all of the egos that were there at my time. That is why I left indeed. The environment was hostile for me, but not bad enough to report to HR.
October 3, 2018

Thanks so much for leaving us a review about your time working in our Austin office. We’re sorry to hear you did not feel like you could talk to HR about how you were feeling. HR are there to support and listen to our employees, not matter how big or small the issue is. If you would like to talk to us further please email us at inside@indeed.com

SENIOR SITE RELIABILITY ENGINEER (Current Employee) –  Seattle, WASeptember 25, 2018
Best job I have ever had. The people are great and treat each other great. Lots of activities going on for everyone. Management lest you do your job and removes roadblocks.
Pros
free lunch, open pto, great environment
Cons
Seattle traffic
Top knotch culture and work/life balance
Senior Client Success Specialist, Strategy (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXSeptember 9, 2018
Indeed is an incredible place to work. The culture they work so hard to grow and maintain is unparalleled and management trusts each person to do their job so work/life balance is incredible.
Cons
compensation for CS and growth opportunities in this department is scarce.
Great work/life balance and culture
Senior Account Executive (Former Employee) –  New York, NYSeptember 6, 2018
Indeed was a fantastic place to work. I never once woke up dreading going in. I do think that employee's day to day experience depending heavily on their direct report and attitude. Overtime is not allowed so the schedule was very routine. The sales targets were fair.

The product basically sells itself and the training is amazing.
Pros
Free breakfast every day, great snacks, incredible pay, lunch once a week, happy hour
Cons
The communication between upper management and Account Executives could be better, promotions beyond Senior Account Executive are competitive
Workplace Culture was cause for celebration. Management was cause for departure.
Client Success Specialist (Former Employee) –  New York, NYAugust 24, 2018
This was a job, a paycheck. Not a career. Trying to work with AEs and management severely negatively impacted my mental health. Most of my coworkers were very mediocre with poor work ethic and little common knowledge. This made it very difficult to work with them. Luckily, they were decent people, but I often self-isolated to destress. Management is filled with people who are prematurely promoted simply because they've been there a few years. I had multiple managers there and have had a few jobs in my career. I can say that Indeed was some of the poorer management I've experienced in my working life. I've never encountered such nefariously calculated and negatively charged people in my life. The workplace culture; however, was awesome. Very relaxed. I would say, too relaxed at times. It will continue to be this company's saving grace: when it comes to morale and overlooking the slighted compensation received for the labor performed. The most enjoyable part of the job for me was working with the clients. They provided laughable stories and memories to share with teammates. Often, they truly appreciate your assistance and that gratitude was something I rarely experience with co-workers. Clients also taught me a lot about cooperating with people. The job however was very simple. By my second month, I could do the job with my eyes closed and found myself looking for another job. It was easy money in a big way, but management made the role unnecessarily stressful and cause to leave. The hardest part of the job was working with account executives/sales reps (AEs). They were mostly–there  more... were definitely exceptions and thank goodness for them, otherwise I would have had a psychotic lapse everyday–very entitled, impatient, deceptive, underhanded, and ungrateful. But, if you've worked in a role where working with Sales is a significant part of your role, you know the personality and the *demographic*. I do not recommend this environment for people who have not mastered code switching, strategy, or passing. I must stress that I was shocked when I encountered AEs who interacted with me like a human being. One thing that is not mentioned in training or the job description is that you will be training new AEs. They know less than the client about how Indeed works, so brace yourself for that. I must stress that in this cutthroat environment, once egos of those in position of power are hurt, investment in your career development (what little opportunity within CS (Client Success department) there is) comes to a screeching halt.  less
Pros
free lunches, 401K, overtime, enrichment programs and personal development
Cons
management, sales reps, compensation
August 30, 2018

Thank you for your review about your time working at Indeed. We appreciate the time you have taken to leave us detailed feedback. We focus on creating a fun and engaging workplace culture where we provide a multitude of perks for our people, so it’s great to hear you experienced that in New York.

We care deeply about the mental health, welfare and wellbeing of our employees, providing yoga and meditation options, as well as a confidential employee assistance helpline.

We actively encourage employees to have ongoing conversations with their managers about their career growth and our internal employee development page offers different career planning toolkits to help guide career conversations and explore future opportunities. We’ve also just launched our internal learning program ‘M.A.D.E. #insideindeed’, which is focused on fostering continuous creative thinking during an Indeedian’s career path.

It does sound like we do have some work to do so we’d welcome discussing this review with you further so please do contact us at inside@indeed.com

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Indeed. Our community is ready to answer.

4.4

Women's ratings

3.3Fairygodboss Score

61%say women are treated fairly and equally to men

60%would recommend to other women

Fairygodboss provides free job reviews for women, by women.

Powered by Fairygodboss