Play YouTube video button
Coronavirus update

Indeed Employee Reviews

United States422 reviews
Featured review
Indeed selected this as a representative review
This company truly values its employees. They provide professional and personal development. They do truly believe in their mission statement, which is so impactful.
When I first got hired at Indeed, I was in the second half of my 20s. I had several jobs at various companies before just trying to find something that would stick. Indeed was the first company that I felt had the support systems in place, like training, process and product documentation for my role, and other mechanisms in place so help nurture my development. I was among the first dozen hires at the Scottsdale location and experienced the growing footprint of the Scottsdale office on the rest of the company from the Customer Success and Sales organizations.

As others have mentioned. The culture did change over the 3 years that I was with Indeed, as things normally do once the buzz has worn down. The office scaled up quickly, and the culture did not scale with it. However, I do feel it was growing pains of the office/company as its methods in achieving business success were being adjusted to adapt to market opportunities. I do not believe it is because the company was beginning to sour.

I had 3 different roles (2 promotions) during my time with Indeed. I was always encouraged by management to develop in ways that was catered to my style, as long as I kept up with my core responsibilities. I have gotten to work closely with so many great and talented people all around the world in various business functions and have been in a handful of the offices worldwide. It astonished me how the Indeed brand spanned across the globe. When visiting other offices, it still felt like "home" or close to what my home office felt like. There is a unity to the mission (helping people get
 - more...
Pros
Mature company with many supporting teams (Training, Communication, It, Business Operations, etc.), Beautiful Office Space(s), Work/Life Balance, Collaboration
Cons
Advancement opportunity to business units not primarily operating in your office/city
Great Place to work I loved it!! the only things that I would change is the director place to grow. Some the top positions has 12 -20 people in line for it.
Indeed is a place that promotes inclusion, diversity, innovation, collaboration, client focus and so much more. I've been here for almost 5 years, worked in two different offices across many teams and I've always had fantastic managers, and amazing co-workers. The open PTO plan is awesome, and something most companies should really adopt. I very much appreciate and enjoy our work from home flexibility and flexible work hours (within reason). Compensation could be improved a bit, but total benefits are really decent. The way Indeed has handled COVID and other recent events, truly amazes me. Our SLT really cares about us as employees and as people and I appreciate the level of transparency above many other qualities. I will be a happy employee of Indeed's for as long as they want me!
Pros
open PTO, flexible WFH and work hours, health insurance, parental leave
Cons
remote opportunities
Before the world was impacted by COVID-19, I was already excited with my career change here at Indeed and should have left this review a long time ago. The way Indeed has handled the COVID-19 situation is impeccable and has been transparent every step of the way. Our leadership team has been answering hard hitting questions weekly submitted by employees and do their best to give some peace of mind in this historic time period. I can't see how any Indeedian would want to leave this company after my experience here since day one. Working with my team, helping people get jobs is the most rewarding aspect of my job and I look forward to doing that for the foreseeable future.
Would you rate your company five stars?
Rate your employer to help people make better career decisions.
If you’re any good at the art of selling and building relationships, do not waste your time coming here. That being said, it’s a great first job out of college, if you need to learn some basic sales tactics or get hired. It’s very easy to get a job here. They make it seem like only the cream of the crop get in, but they don’t even look at your resume. If you have experience in Sales, please do not look here.

- [ ] I wish someone would have told me the same, but it also was not run the way it is now 2 years ago. It used to be fun. You used to be able to actually sell and strategize. Then they formed a team to sell against the Account Executives, Indeed Hire, taking away the ability for the AE’s to hit quota, and forming internal animosity and hostility.

- [ ] Transparency is gone. Autonomy is gone. If you want to feel like you’re spinning out of control with anxiety, but no one else will hire you, apply here.

- [ ] The micromanagement is through the roof. The art of selling is gone. There is no room for growth.

- [ ] It has developed a culture of a boys club, as well.
June 17, 2020
Thank you for sharing this feedback with us.

I’m saddened to read that you had a less than positive experience during your time in Sales at Indeed in Austin. As an HR team we want Indeed to be the best job of your career.

Our employees help build us up as a company, and are our biggest and most valuable asset.

As you mentioned, our Sales teams are an excellent place to start your career! It’s a fast paced environment where members can be rewarded with generous bonuses and perks such as our Top Gun program where top sales leaders for the year are invited on an all expense paid trip to celebrate their success.

We encourage reviews such as yours to let us know where we can continue to improve as a company. While posting feedback is one avenue to make your voice heard, we also conduct employee engagement surveys every year and invite any employee that is facing problems to reach out to your HRBP or use our confidential Employee Assistance Program.

Communication and transparency is something we pride ourselves on, with our CEO and COO hosting weekly Q&A sessions with all Indeedians, while each team also holds their own monthly Q&A. All employees are encouraged to join these sessions, as you can ask questions and make your voice heard.

Regarding career growth, we provide ample opportunities for development, such as training for our Sales organization at different stages throughout your career at Indeed, as well as, on-going Learning and Development courses via Indeed Learn, and an annual allowance for personal L&D. We encourage all employees to reach out to the Sales
 - more...
I've been very grateful for my time at Indeed so far and am excited to see what the future holds. My personal experience at the company has been very caring leadership, exciting travel opportunity, job growth possibilities, and a great work/life balance.
Pros
free lunches, beautiful campus, flexible schedule, caring leadership, travel opportunity
During my time at Indeed, I enjoyed learning from an amazing group of people and felt supported constantly by management. The environment was very energizing and had plenty of spots to get refreshed. I looked forward to going to work each day. I would definitely endorse working at Indeed.
I've loved every moment at Indeed from my first step into the office. The interview process made me appreciate the intricacy and dedication needed to succeed at Indeed. I have been able to learn and grow, by following my own interests and drive. There are infinite tools available to learn and apply new knowledge, so the limits to working at Indeed are only the limits you place on yourself. If you're willing to dedicate yourself to what Indeed does and show honest interest and commitment, you will thrive. I truly appreciate this company so much: leadership, mission, and culture. It is a place to be yourself and grow your own skills and interest by dedicating to an amazing cause. I cannot recommend Indeed enough.
I have worked for a variety of companies before, but I have stayed with Indeed for a reason. In the Client Success department, management has shown an investment in its team members. The environment is not only supportive, but fosters and cultivates growth. This has been the only company I have worked for, where I can confidently bring up ideas, questions, and concerns with not just my immediate manager, but all the way up the Senior Leadership chain. In the Client Success department, there has been a conscious effort to support Diversity, Inclusion, and Belonging. Work/Life balance is encouraged, and has allowed for me to utilize the Open PTO policy to prevent burnout. I feel confident in our leadership, and am passionate about the company's mission to help people get jobs.
Great leadership and trainings to make sure you are successful in your role. This was my first inside sales role and they really focused on training and learnings. Great place to start your career in sales.
A lot has changed in the last 3 months at Indeed - all for the best. As a employee, I am now working 100% remote with the ability to do this through 2020. Indeed has taken a proactive approach at educating the employees on how to be masters within their current role and also given the ability to expand our knowledge in other roles at Indeed.

I feel supported by my manager but also my coworkers and mentors.
Indeed is not the same company that I first joined 3.5 years ago. When I had first joined, Indeed boasted of talented sales reps, amazing perks, and a great work life balance. As the years have gone by, I’ve seen this once great company morph into a monster. The company no longer is focused on how great of a salesperson you are. They are looking for bodies that can be easily manipulated and micromanaged by directors and senior directors.

Life here is dependent on who your manager is and his/her ability to shield you from micro-management. Perks like open PTO, fitness classes, and happy hours are offered, but it’s almost discouraged to use. I’ve seen someone get their pay docked for going to crossfit. I called in sick and was told to come in so I would “look good”. Another time, a manager rushed me to come to work after an appointment—resulting in a car accident. These are just a few examples, but management has acted highly unprofessional about taking time off for personal or private reasons.

I found myself constantly anxious about trivial matters at work (I was “in trouble” for arriving at my desk 4 minutes late). I was spoken to rudely when a manager said I didn’t fill out a Google doc on time (I had filled it out, he was looking at the wrong doc. I received no apology from him). I became so stressed and anxious to the point that I was having nightmares about work 3-4 days out of the week.

There is a lot of favoritism and office politics going on here. This place introduced me to a lot of great people and taught me a lot about myself—mostly that your value does not
May 26, 2020
Thank you for leaving us a review about your time working in Foster City, as well as, years of service to Indeed!

We value you, and the hard work you put in while working with us. We don’t want anyone to ever feel marginalized or devalued at Indeed, and the views and voices of all employees matter, so we appreciate the time you have taken to give us this.

Perks such as open PTO, fitness classes, and happy hours are intended to be used by all Indeedians. We care deeply about the health and wellbeing of our employees. Taking advantage of our benefits should always be encouraged.

When it comes to open PTO (paid time off), we want all employees to take off as much time on holiday as they need, as long as they are hitting their targets and have manager approval. There should be open communication and trust built between a manager and employee. A manager should empower employees, not micromanage.

Indeedians should never be prevented from enjoying perks or taking time to recharge, especially if they’re sick, and if they are it should be reported to their HR Business Partner. There’s also a confidential ethics hotline and employee assistance program that is available for all employees to utilize. Our managers are held accountable in our business to their leadership roles and we continuously monitor that through engagement surveys and manager performance reviews.

If you have any additional feedback you would like to share so we can look further into this, we invite you to email us at inside@indeed.com for a confidential conversation on how we can continue to improve.
I loved working for Indeed. The people, culture, and mission were awesome. I would have loved to stay but after a few years, I could not find the career growth that I was looking for.
I gained a lot of sales knowledge and I built wonderful friendships there. The workplace was very fun, I really enjoyed the weekly at office yoga. The kitchen was always fully stocked with food and beverages. I felt calm and busy in the office and was able to get my work done and enjoy my day.
Emotionally abusvie managers, pto perks etc are only available if they "feel" like you're doing well, even if you're hitting your quota perfectly. Constant threats from managers to remove perks. Didnt allow us to go to company happy hours or workout classes offered by the company mid-day / early afternoon. Asked for proof of sickness on sick days, and badgered us to come into the office even when we had called out sick already. Very little opportunity for upward mobility. Overall horrible experience, but the pay is amazing.
May 8, 2020
Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review about your time in Sales at Indeed New York. I’m sorry to hear that you had a negative experience. We care deeply about your wellbeing and employee experience, and won’t tolerate toxic behavior. We encourage employees to reach out to their HRBPs if they ever encounter threats or harassment from their manager, so we can address it immediately.

The Open PTO (Paid Time Off) is intended to be used by everyone, as long as they are hitting their targets/goals and have manager approval, but PTO and other perks should never be used as leverage against employees, especially sick leave. No one should have to go through that, and we take your comments very seriously.

If you would like to share additional feedback confidentially so we can look into this further, please email us at inside@indeed.com.
A great place to work if you enjoy a flat org structure and thrive in unstructured environments that result in a lot of autonomy. The food is also great
The way they kept track of their metrics didn't make sense which made the job super stressful. The worst part was they knew too and really didn't care that much.
May 8, 2020
Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review about your experience at Indeed Austin.

We care deeply about our Indeedians and encourage them to ask questions to learn/grow. Employees should reach out to their managers or other team members for support if there’s something they don’t know/understand, such as how we keep track of metrics.

We also understand work can sometimes be stressful, and we aim to reduce stress by providing yoga, meditation, open PTO, as well as a confidential employee assistance helpline.
Amazing team with lots of good mentors as well as copious opportunities to bond with other interns. Get the chance to take ownership on a substantial project of your own.
It was great working with such an organized and structured workflow. The tools at my disposal were very helpful to get the job done in a timely matter.
I have been dealing with a documented serious medical issue while working at Indeed and management offered no support at all. HR was helpful to a point, but management only made me feel badly about what I was going through at the time because it hindered my ability to be present 100% of the time and work to my maximum capability. I understand that in a sales position, you need people to be active and working hard, but there was literally no sympathy on their end. Their only response was to continually document me if I did not submit my medical documentation on time. This is only in reference to my Director and Senior Director. They're lack of even an iota of empathy has made it even more difficult for me to return and be effective, while feeling comfortable/secure in my work environment.
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Indeed. Our community is ready to answer.
4.4
Ratings from women
InHerSight Score
3.6Personal Development
3.1Career Opportunities
4.0Family Support
Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight