Independence Blue Cross Employee Reviews

Excellent Company
Cash Application Analyst (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PASeptember 20, 2018
This company provides structure in how to be successful in the working world. They offer classes that could help one to achieve any goal that they wish to accomplish
Supervisor
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PASeptember 18, 2018
Changed leadership which caused the department to shift. My typical day was checking on my direct reports and make sure they were doing their work. The culture was better than some places I've bee.
Hypocrisy abounds
Finance Manager (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PASeptember 18, 2018
No refrigerators, HVAC is horrible and not allowed to have a fan to save energy (while executives plug in their electric cars in the garage) and the benefits are more expensive than numerous comparable employers in the area. A health insurance company that prices their benefits to make money off their employees is pretty despicable... and I've seen this is true.
Enrollment Specialist (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PASeptember 14, 2018
At Independence, I enrolled subscribers into the plan. I enjoyed the many spreadsheets given to work. The ECS database was informative. My co-workers was pleasant to work with, each helping one another.
Pros
Great gym
Network Service Analyst (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PASeptember 13, 2018
I enjoyed working at Blue Cross. The people are friendly and the job can be over demanding at times. As long as you focus on your work the day will go by quick.
Pros
bonuses
Cons
dress code
I liked working at this company
Sr QA Analyst/Automation Engineer (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PASeptember 11, 2018
I liked working at IBC because it helped me gain a lot of experience and develop my automation skills. I developed automation scripts for various applications such as power builder, windows application, websites and text file manipulations.
Exciting Work Environment
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PASeptember 6, 2018
Fun activities that vary from day to day and you will have the opportunity to meet new people on the regular basis. If you get a chance to work with this company do your very best to show your talents.
Pros
Diverse Environment
Cons
Very great place to work
Supervisor, administration (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PASeptember 3, 2018
I worked at all the company 33 years. It was a great career where I held many different positions. I left the company because the time was right with the voluntary early retirement package.
Fast paced
Precertification Specialist (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAAugust 30, 2018
As a precertification Specialist, there was never a dull moment in the very high call volume call center. One must be a quick thinker, typist and problem solver at the same time. The days went by fast and the benefits were superb!!
Pros
many benefits including tuition reimbursement, training classes
Cons
Good company with a few hiccups.
Quality Health Care Analyst (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAAugust 28, 2018
16 years at IBC was very challenging and exciting for me. Can't replace the experience. Team effort gets you through everything. Take advantage of the things the job offers.
Pros
Great co-workers. Community outreach is exemplary.
Cons
Overall professionalism has dipped in th he past 10 years.
good place to work
Business Specialist (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAAugust 27, 2018
A typical work day is to focus on ensuring the customers have a great experience and to get things done right the first time. Friendly environment and easy place to work.
Member appeal typical work day
Clinical Appeals Coordinator - Member Appeals (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAAugust 26, 2018
A typical day at work involved investigating and reviewing member appeals and sending them for match specialist review. My daily activities included communicating with members as well as lawyers throughout the day. The work place culture was very intense. The hardest part of the job was dealing with irate members as well as lawyers on a day to day basis. The most enjoyable part of the job was being able to diffuse a volatile situation between the members and the lawyers even if the outcomes weren't favorable.
Great job recommended to everyone.
Eligibility Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAAugust 22, 2018
Independence Blue Cross is a wonderful place to work, I relocated before and returned back and was able to return to Independence Blue Cross. I have also recommended this company to many friends
Pros
Great benefits and work enviorment
What you learned
Business Analyst (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAAugust 18, 2018
Independence BlueCross was my 1st job and has helped develop my career to where I am today. They allowed me to learn all about Healthcare withing my day to day job responsibilities. There was a lot of chances for advancement as I have multiple promotions within my years of being employed there.
Pros
Great atmosphere
Cons
At the time low pay
Great Place to work
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAAugust 13, 2018
A job where you have the opportunity to help people on a daily basis and lots of advancement opportunity. Great co-workers and managers who are always willing to help.
Pros
Great Co-workers and Managers
Cons
Some customers a little anxious, but undertsandable becuase your dealing with health issues
Its a job
Consumer Billing Rep (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAAugust 13, 2018
It was a job and a consistent basis I just concentrated on the job I was hired to do. The position is not consistent because they are constantly upscale training you to move up
Pros
Pay and pto
Cons
Not very well organized
Wonderful place to grow and learn
Financial Analyst (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAAugust 9, 2018
There was not a typical day when I worked here, but that is what made it interesting. I enjoyed always being able to learn new things on any given day. Management was open and looking to communicate as much as they could. The workplace culture was one of collaboration. The hardest part of the job was leaving, to be honest. The most enjoyable part was the interaction with people from different teams and different skill levels.
Pros
Ability to work with management on various projects, etc.
Cons
The changes that occurred due to changes in healthcare.
Fast pace
Customer Service Leadership Associate (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAAugust 7, 2018
Management does not care about their employers. No help from managers with work questions. No one cares about the other employees. Company had bed bugs.
Reputable Institution
Appeals and Grievances Specialist - CTM (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAAugust 7, 2018
Blue Cross Blue Shield is a major employers in Phildadelphia. It has a reputation of being a responsible employers in the community.
IBC participates in a number of fund raising events during the year.
Job security is a key factor.
Pros
Job Security
Cons
Difficulting in moving up in positions, competition is strong and there are usually minimal openings
Great Place to Work
Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAAugust 4, 2018
Biggest downfall for me was that it was in the city. I'm sure for many others being in the city is something they want. The work space that I had wasn't the most conducive. I had an open area, not a cube.
Pros
Flexibility and that their mission isn't just words they do live it
Cons
City Wage Tax and Travel/Parking