Independence Blue Cross Employee Reviews

Fun with opportunities to volunteer.
Senior Case Management Assistant (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAJanuary 30, 2019
I enjoyed working at Independence Blue Cross while I was there. The position I held was important to me and I enjoyed serving those that needed case management services. Furthermore the company also offered opportunities like volunteering and helping the community.
Pros
Training
Cons
No discount on health insurance
understanding
PROVIDER NETWORK FIELD COORDINATOR (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAJanuary 23, 2019
They understand that people have lives outside of work, and that these lives might sometimes impinge on (or even take over) their time and attention. They realize that allowing for some work-life give and take means not only that they won’t waste time and money on unnecessary turnover, but that they’ll build loyalty and commitment. They know it’s give and take, not give or take.
Good place to grow and learn.
Data Analyst (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAJanuary 18, 2019
Checked for errors and carried out QA for large group portfolio medical plan data, and drug plans by verifying against the BUS existing system.
Transferred manual data from excel format to the new system, via a macro to form a condensed view of only the data we required.
Utilized SharePoint as the excel repository, with the applied macros, to maximize efficiency and tracking progress by saving start and finish dates for Keying in and QA.
Tested the new system utilizing Product Configurator, for bugs, defects or additional upgrades while manually putting the data into it.
Transferred verified data from BUS to Product Configurator.
Good management, good work place and a good environment.
Family Of Companies
Business Analyst (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAJanuary 8, 2019
Professional environment, many opportunities to advance. Equal opportunity employer and overall a good place to work. Communication is great and the benefits are amazing.
Pros
advancment culture benefits
Cons
hidden unprofessionalism and retialiation from managment.
Productive and fun
Claims Processor (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PADecember 31, 2018
Working in claims was great and very competitive. In the beginning, it was great and relaxing but as time went on it got overwhelming and stressful. The management started being very rude and impossible to deal with,
Enjoyed my Experience at Independence
Manager, Operations Compliance (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PADecember 20, 2018
Enjoyed my time at Independence. Great social commitment to the community. Going through transition to move into the next season of the business but, they will be alright.
Still a good place to work!
Quality Data Analyst (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PADecember 17, 2018
Good company for you go getting people with room to move up fast. The benefits are so good you don’t want to leave because no other company offers comparable comps. The relationships that you build with your colleagues are also a plus. Outside of customer service, management treats the staff well.
Benefits
Cons
Work Life balance is out of balance.
Productive and fun place to work
Technical Lead (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PADecember 17, 2018
I worked as an PeopleSoft Upgrade specialist from a Company (BTRG). Worked on new features (Approval Workflow Engine- AWE) and Guided Self Service (GSS)
Pros
Working Remotely
management
Facilities Project Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PADecember 16, 2018
my first 4 and half years well managed the last six months not managed at all. communication with my initial manager was well laid out and understood. in the end there was no communication.
Pros
decent money and benefits
Cons
bad personal manaagement at the end of employment
poor management
Health Agent (Former Employee) –  Daytona Beach, FLDecember 15, 2018
Worked for the company for open enrollment-I have never seen or been part of a more poorly managed company. The managers are completely in the dark. IBX has put people in charge who have never done an open enrollment. They have no idea what the agents do, all they are looking at are the numbers. POOR, POOR MANAGEMENT.
Pros
Cons
see above
Under New Under Qualified Management .
HEALTH INSURANCE AGENT (Former Employee) –  FloridaDecember 10, 2018
Its a mess. The company its self is excellent but the contract was given to the wrong place. Total chaos.Basically everyone was self taught with the help of some experienced agents. Management could not because they had no clue what they were doing.Total mess.
Pros
Lots of self teaching materials available.
Cons
No type of communication between management.
great place to work
Accounts Payable Specialist (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PADecember 3, 2018
Great place to work and learned a lot while I was there. The people that worked there were excellent. Management was not particularly paying attention to the people that worked there. That made it difficult to work there.
Pros
learned alot
Cons
management did not pay attention to workers
Review
Appeals Specialist (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PADecember 2, 2018
You must work there for yourself to find out what the life is like some people like it others don't the work isn't hard but its not worth the pay or the headache.
independence is alright. C3 isnt.
customer service representative (Current Employee) –  McGregor, TXNovember 30, 2018
management had no idea what to do when we hit the phones. when we asked questions they would say that they didn't know or would ask one of our team members to help us even though they only knew as much as we did. supervisors would talk bad about us in the back of the class and some of us could hear their conversations. Any time we would complain about management no one would do anything because management were all friends.
Pros
early days, no weekends
Cons
management
good company for young workers
Quality Auditor/Data Analyst (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PANovember 28, 2018
Good first company for healthcare experience. Team environment is priority. Some instability towards the end of my tenure, always be ready for change.
benefits
Cons
stability
Its a good company to work for. They have good benefits including paid vacation days and holidays.
Senior Compliance Analyst (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PANovember 27, 2018
Independence Blue Cross is a good company to work for. They provide excellent medical benefits and a substantial amount of paid vacation days and paid holidays.
Straightforward Position
Medicare Marketing Specialist (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PANovember 18, 2018
Very clear directives, focused employees, and straightforward procedures for any given task. No complaints about Independence as an employer; I'd consider my time there to be a positive experience.
A friendly and family environment
Director, Risk Analytics (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAOctober 29, 2018
a fast paced environment with challenges to make it interesting daily. i have worked in all different areas in the company for past 17 years. The company provides tons of options to be active and one of them is Blue Streaks which allows associates to take part in races and just this year i have ran 5 half marathon and 1 full marathon (26.2 miles) and scheduled to run a full marathon again in November.
Great place to work. The company was big on advancement and training
Enrollment Specialist (Former Employee) –  1901 Market StreetOctober 22, 2018
My typical day at Blue Cross would start with distribution of work, processing member and group work. Analyze,investigate, track and report any trends. During my time at the company I got to transfer to different areas within the company. Although I initially started in Enrollment in 2002, I was able to move withing the company. The management I worked under was great at giving opportunity to learn and would approve different training classes the company offered to help get more experience. The culture in the workplace was allowing the workers ways to advance through training and projects. The hardest part of the job was when the team I was under was disbanded and I went back to Enrollment. The most enjoyable part was doing cross training with different areas within the company.
Pros
Company advancement.
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAOctober 21, 2018
8-5 workday, opportunities to move into other positions . Very positive work place. Enjoyed telephonic work. Great volunteer opportunities. Work place culture is great.