Independence Blue Cross Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
A Complete waste of time!!!!!!!
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAJuly 12, 2018
I applied for a Customer Service Representative position recently and I felt like it was a complete waste of time. First I call from get an intern to do a telephone screening. If you do well on that you go to the next phase which is taking the customer service assessment test, which lasted about an hour. I passed and went on to the next phase which is something called ExpressNET where you meet with 2 hiring managers that lasts about an hour. Then two days later, I get an email saying I am too overqualified and they were looking to pursue other candidates. Did you not know I was too overqualified before you checked out my resume and called me? I passed all the interviews and did extremely well on the assessment test. Like what more do you want? I had to miss time from my current job to go through the process with testing and interviewing, which was about 3 weeks. Total waste of time! Never again with this organization. I was excited about the possibility of working here, but after reading the horrible reviews on Google, maybe it was good that I didn’t get hired. I know if I was hired, I would have gave the best customer service possible to the members so it’s their loss!
Pros
The location in Center City Philadelphia
Analying Claim Data
Business Analyst (Current Employee) –  1901 Market Street Philadelphia PA 19102July 12, 2018
A typical work day includes analyzing claim data and resolving claim issues. I learned an enormous amount of information about healthcare services. Management can be better but no serious complaints. Workplace culture is great. The hardest part of the job is time Management. The most enjoyable part about my job is the trust my Management has in me to manage my workload with minimum interaction from them.
Pros
Company recogonizes the importance of being healthy.
Cons
Nothing bad to report
Great, extensive on the job training for complete/clear learning.
Treasury Analyst I (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAJuly 4, 2018
The company is dedicated to ensure employees get the most out of all training sessions on site and off site. Independence Blue Cross looks at the investment of it's employees as an investment in the long term success of the business. In essence, all employees of all levels are thoroughly equipped for actual application of information needed to successfully fulfill job responsibilities.
Stressful
Assosiate client service rep (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAJuly 1, 2018
Working for ibc was good at first but the micro managing drove me up a wall. They treat you like your a child in high school. A lot of drama and lazy leads and sups that don’t wanna do their jobs, which makes our jobs difficult.
Pros
Great benefits
Cons
Short breaks, micro-managing
Work
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAJune 21, 2018
Working for IBC is what ever you make of it. Build your relationships, do your work and maintain work/life balance.Take classes and courses to build upon your career. Socialize, join groups, participate in giving back to the communities at large via the many groups within IBC.
Productive and social
Claims Adjuster (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAJune 18, 2018
Good place to work. Treated with respect. Some opportunity for advancement. Working there demands production, quality requirements and organization skills.
Pros
Bonuses
i have been here for 11years
Lead Client Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAJune 14, 2018
i like my job, i am a lead agent in a call center. i work with management and research information for agents. i do limited time schudules, and mandate information in the state of new jersery
Pros
innvoation, accountability
Cons
better salary
Fun pla e great to work
Associate Client Serviceslead (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PA 19013June 13, 2018
Great place to work great happy advancement help you with s hook great people yes the jfnfncb ckdjufu love love love jobs great you should I know if he inc
Enjoyed working at IBC
Process Consultant (Consultant) (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAJune 13, 2018
Enjoyed my contract at Horizon. Good work environment. Good Management. Very good co-workers. Work was interesting and offered challenges. Plenty of opportunities to learn and grow and for advancement.
Productive place to work.
Associate Client Services Specialist (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAJune 11, 2018
I've learned to work individually as well as in a team setting. Workplace culture when I started was very family oriented. Hardest part of the job was lack of training at times.
Pros
Pension plan, 401k, PTO time, annual bonus.
Cons
no longer family oriented. unstable job security.
Great experience as a customer service representative for out of area line of business
Client Service Specialist (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAJune 6, 2018
My experience was Great as a customer service representative. I worked as a plan to plan representive where I spoke with other blue cross and blue shield plans across the United States. I became well known with the other reps at the plans as well as some members.I gained an incredible amount of experience on how to read and apply patient benefits over the phone also adjusting claim for self funded groups such as Comcast universal. However advancement to supervisor or management position was slow.however I will continue to learn and grow to try and obtain a management position
Pros
Excellent paid time off also bonus every year
Cons
Lunch was short no flex time
Client services
Associate Client Services Rep (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAJune 6, 2018
Open and maintain customer accounts by recording account information.Resolve product or service problems by clarifying the customer's complaint; determining the cause of the problem; selecting and explaining the best solution to solve the problem; expediting correction or adjustment; following up to ensure resolution

Prepare product or service reports by collecting and analyzing customer information
BCBS is ok to work for
Client Service Associate (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAJune 5, 2018
I cannot say I enjoyed my time with the company. I never felt like a valued employee, and I felt held back from advancement opportunities. There is a common saying, you can volunteer or be voluntold. Management makes decisions based on the needs of the company, and has very little consideration for the employee.
Pros
Work from home
Nice place to work minus the low pay
Executive Inquiry Specialist (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAJune 5, 2018
I love my position; however, it is a lot of work with little pay. Customer Services Associates are starting out with $40,000 a year and I am a specialist and I make the same amount.
A great place to work
Delegation Oversight Specialist (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAJune 4, 2018
Independence Blue Cross is a great place to work. I've learned so much and my education was paid for. I am so grateful to this company. The CEO is wonderful and he looks out for the associates
Nice Workplace
Business Specialist (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAJune 1, 2018
Independence Blue Cross has provided good opportunities and has provided advance growth for me. Overall a good company to work for. I have learned how to be myself and in the process learn to help others. The hardest part of my job would be that there is a lot of manual workaround. The most enjoyable part is the people i work with.
Nice Place to Work
Project Manager - Contract (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAMay 30, 2018
Although I was a contractor, I did enjoy my time and Blue Cross. The management is fair, the folks are collaborative, and the building is beautiful! Commute was easy using the trains.
Pros
Nice atmosphere, Collaborative Culture
Cons
No real 5 year plan
Temporary Positon
Customer Service Representative (temporary) (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAMay 19, 2018
The position seemed to be a good fit for me but near the end of training. The training class decide to have a luncheon and the day after the luncheon I found out that I was going to be let go from IBC with no reason. They may have given the reason to the Staffing Consultant at the Staffing Agency I was working with but not to me. It was a total bummer. I wouldn't even bought a dish and got let go.
I answered calls in a call center and processed precertification's.
Precertification Specialist (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAMay 9, 2018
I worked in a call center. The call volume would vary certain times during the year. We processed precertification's over the phone or through the computer system. The hardest part was telling members when things were denied.
cool
Primary Account Contact (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAMay 7, 2018
cool place to work met great people employees can be messy management can be rude. great location great onsite extras no stability and petty managers .