Independence Blue Cross Employee Reviews

Great place to work. The company was big on advancement and training
Enrollment Specialist (Former Employee) –  1901 Market StreetOctober 22, 2018
My typical day at Blue Cross would start with distribution of work, processing member and group work. Analyze,investigate, track and report any trends. During my time at the company I got to transfer to different areas within the company. Although I initially started in Enrollment in 2002, I was able to move withing the company. The management I worked under was great at giving opportunity to learn and would approve different training classes the company offered to help get more experience. The culture in the workplace was allowing the workers ways to advance through training and projects. The hardest part of the job was when the team I was under was disbanded and I went back to Enrollment. The most enjoyable part was doing cross training with different areas within the company.
Pros
Company advancement.
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAOctober 21, 2018
8-5 workday, opportunities to move into other positions . Very positive work place. Enjoyed telephonic work. Great volunteer opportunities. Work place culture is great.
Great place to work.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAOctober 18, 2018
IBC actively follows their mission. Employees are considered an asset and are treated accordingly. Management open for suggestions. They in fact, encourage suggestions. Willing to reeducate whenever asked or find it necessary. Support systems in place. Clean, pleasant work environment.
Pros
Pleasant work environment
Cons
Overall a great place to work
Customer Services Representative (Current Employee) –  Tucson, AZOctober 13, 2018
Working for a call center you think that they are all the same, but not here , they are willing to work with people , its a great work place, very friendly. management is great they care about each agent.
Pros
management is great
Billing Specialist (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAOctober 5, 2018
IBC is a great place to work. I leaned a lot from working in the Infectious disease department. IBC is an excellent company to work for. I would definately reccommend anyone to work for IBC
Great place to work.
Lead Senior Database Administrator DB2 on z/OS (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAOctober 3, 2018
I was allowed to run my own show as long as the work was completed within the time allowed. The most enjoyable part of my job was building procedures to automate routine and repeatable tasks.
Old school environment
Trainer (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PASeptember 26, 2018
IBC was a steady place to work. People typically join IBC and stay for life (which has its pros and cons). I had the opportunity to learn new things, but it didn't seem that way for everyone. It may be different now, I hope so.
Great company to work for
Learning Implementation Specialist (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PASeptember 26, 2018
Customer Service professional with over 10+ years of Backoffice experience. Independence Blue Cross as an organization strives to live out its mission statement. IBC provides opportunities for advancement. The contact center is a fast-paced, multifaceted environment. One needs to be flexible in order to be successful. A newly hired CSR can get "lost" and become overwhelmed (if their not career focused). Mid-upper management seem lost & out of touch.
Pros
Excellent Benefit Package, Opportunity to advance
Cons
Management interpersonal training
Excellent Company
Cash Application Analyst (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PASeptember 20, 2018
This company provides structure in how to be successful in the working world. They offer classes that could help one to achieve any goal that they wish to accomplish
Great Company
Billing Analyst (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PASeptember 20, 2018
Supportive working environment throughout my 18 years of employment !
Great training classes offer for all promotions received within the company !
My typical day at work started with a quiet office and a cup of coffee from the on-site cafeteria. All my tools and computer were top of the line so I was able to complete all my job assignments on time.
Pros
Supportive training classes
Cons
Company store closed. No longer able to get Septa passes, movie passes, etc on the premises.
Supervisor
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PASeptember 18, 2018
Changed leadership which caused the department to shift. My typical day was checking on my direct reports and make sure they were doing their work. The culture was better than some places I've bee.
Hypocrisy abounds
Finance Manager (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PASeptember 18, 2018
No refrigerators, HVAC is horrible and not allowed to have a fan to save energy (while executives plug in their electric cars in the garage) and the benefits are more expensive than numerous comparable employers in the area. A health insurance company that prices their benefits to make money off their employees is pretty despicable... and I've seen this is true.
Enrollment Specialist (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PASeptember 14, 2018
At Independence, I enrolled subscribers into the plan. I enjoyed the many spreadsheets given to work. The ECS database was informative. My co-workers was pleasant to work with, each helping one another.
Pros
Great gym
Network Service Analyst (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PASeptember 13, 2018
I enjoyed working at Blue Cross. The people are friendly and the job can be over demanding at times. As long as you focus on your work the day will go by quick.
Pros
bonuses
Cons
dress code
I liked working at this company
Sr QA Analyst/Automation Engineer (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PASeptember 11, 2018
I liked working at IBC because it helped me gain a lot of experience and develop my automation skills. I developed automation scripts for various applications such as power builder, windows application, websites and text file manipulations.
Exciting Work Environment
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PASeptember 6, 2018
Fun activities that vary from day to day and you will have the opportunity to meet new people on the regular basis. If you get a chance to work with this company do your very best to show your talents.
Pros
Diverse Environment
Cons
Very great place to work
Supervisor, administration (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PASeptember 3, 2018
I worked at all the company 33 years. It was a great career where I held many different positions. I left the company because the time was right with the voluntary early retirement package.
Fast paced
Precertification Specialist (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAAugust 30, 2018
As a precertification Specialist, there was never a dull moment in the very high call volume call center. One must be a quick thinker, typist and problem solver at the same time. The days went by fast and the benefits were superb!!
Pros
many benefits including tuition reimbursement, training classes
Cons
Good company with a few hiccups.
Quality Health Care Analyst (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAAugust 28, 2018
16 years at IBC was very challenging and exciting for me. Can't replace the experience. Team effort gets you through everything. Take advantage of the things the job offers.
Pros
Great co-workers. Community outreach is exemplary.
Cons
Overall professionalism has dipped in th he past 10 years.
good place to work
Business Specialist (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAAugust 27, 2018
A typical work day is to focus on ensuring the customers have a great experience and to get things done right the first time. Friendly environment and easy place to work.