Independence Oilfield Chemicals Employee Reviews

2.2
Ratings breakdown
Excellent company
Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Midland, TXFebruary 17, 2018
Upper management was outstanding to work with and to be around. Great company all around. I probably would have never left if, it weren't for the downturn in the market.
Cut-throat
Fluid Technician (Former Employee) –  Pleasanton, TXJanuary 12, 2018
The second things get bad, if they do not like you they will remove you. A fluid technician that had been there for 3 years was laid off, to favor others who had only been on the job 6 months.
Promises everything and delivers on nothing
Fluid Consultant (Former Employee) –  The middle of nowhereAugust 9, 2017
Company over sold me on role and technical responsibilities. Yet role is remedial, boring and offers no challenge. Pay scale is a mess and never expect a significant raise.
Pros
Insulated a bit from oil & gas as they are owned by Innospec - a real chemical company
Cons
No pay raises, no challenges, poor training
Great company with wonderful colleagues
Associate Chemist (Former Employee) –  The Woodlands, TXMarch 5, 2017
Room to learn new things, learn from very smart supervisors, flexible work hours.
I learned about water management.
There were some long work days though.
Pros
free lunches, flexible work hours
Cons
small company, HR is small.
Former employee midland yard
Warehouse Mgr (Former Employee) –  Midland, TXSeptember 27, 2016
Place was a joke. Pay was good benefits were good but upper management didnt have a clue. No safety showers installed no eyewash stations. We had a few incidents where these were needed only to have to go home to wash off. They wld bring in cheaper labor train them and then fire you with made up excuse. Stay away from this place.
Pros
Snacks
Cons
The whole company
Good place, needs better management
Chemicals (Former Employee) –  Pleasanton, TXJune 28, 2016
Was a great place to work, up to the point when you have a meeting with all the higher up people. They stated there will be no more lay offs in this company and turn around the next couple of weeks and get rid of 20ppl. Not good business nor integrity at this company. Management is a joke also, ppl put into place based on favoritism, not your job performance or your knowledge! Got rid of a lot of good ppl, shame they left some bad employees for others to get laid off.
Pros
Good pay
Cons
Management, lack of communication, lying
nice benefits but a very young, unstable workforce
Admin Assistant (Former Employee) –  TexasApril 28, 2016
-good benefits
-horrible favoritism
-watch your back - someone is always looking to place the blame
-no advancement...at least pay wise.
-some really nice fellow co workers
-very unprofessional upper management/HR

Pros and Cons...could be worse, could be better.
worst place to work by far
Administrative Assistant to Production (Former Employee) –  Pleasanton, TXSeptember 28, 2015
poorly managed, when you need to get a hold of the higher up staff or supervisors, they are either gone for he day or just unable to be contacted. If you ask for help normal response is I don't know we are learning together. Nothing is ever explained or no work training, you are given what you need to do and are expected to do it with no further instruction, if it is done wrong you are reprimanded if it is done right they get the credit for it, no work related training is provided.
Pros
n/a
Cons
HR lady is never available and if you can find her you never get an answer to your questions
Days where very long and all weather conditions but the pay was good
Forklift operator & inventory of chemicals (Former Employee) –  Midland TX.August 26, 2015
An typical day at work where long days out side no matter the weather, I learned a lot about safe and how productions worked with the chemicals. Management was fair and co-workers help and worked together as a team. The hardest part was working in any kind of weather and the most enjoyable part of the job was knowing the pay is good.
Pros
Free snacks and hour lunches
Cons
monotonous task each day that were challenging
started out as a strong company
Technical Services Account Representative (Former Employee) –  Pleasanton, TXApril 28, 2015
IOC has the potential to be a strong company. I learned a lot from the technical group, which will be valuable tools in the future.
Place is a joke
Treater Driver (Former Employee) –  Pleasanton, TXMarch 8, 2015
Management are idiots. Pay and benefits sound good but they aren't. They want to duct tape broken equipment so they don't have to pay for repairs. Treater truck is nice but they run acid through it everyday without stainless steel fittings so you have 6-8 leaks at any time. Other chemical delivery vehicles are in poor shape. There is no schedule as to how orders are filled. Some days are slow and others a real busy. Anyone looking at this company needs to go elsewhere. I got to train a new treater driver starting on a Monday and I got fired on that Friday since I taught him all I knew and he came in at lower pay. Scumbags!
Pros
Free snacks
Cons
Unorganized
it could have been a good place to work if not for people like J W
Technical support (Former Employee) –  WoodlandFebruary 8, 2015
Stay away from this place inexperienced HR management.some of the guy are good people but still be careful.it could have been a great place if not those factors mentioned.
Pros
401k
Cons
inexperience in management
Lots of favoritism
Sales Analyst (Former Employee) –  The WoodlandsFebruary 3, 2015
This job has a lot of really great people and great benefits. Only down side is it is a very unfair environment. You have to watch your back constantly.
plant operations
Plant operations (Former Employee) –  Midland txDecember 8, 2014
Not a good job at all people. Smile. N. Your face thinking. Your. Doing a great. Job then bam your fired
Pros
good pay
Cons
Supervisor
Great place to work.
Inventory specialist/ Blend plant operator (Current Employee) –  Pleasanton, TXSeptember 11, 2014
I learned a lot working with Independence Oilfield Chemicals. I learn what chemicals do for the STIM and Production. I learn how to blend Chemicals.

I am in charge of Inventory and trucks, I take the responsibility to make sure all trucks have the right chemicals and the right placards on the trucks before leaving our yard.

As trucks come in, I check the COA's and BOL to make sure the paperwork matches what they actually bring us.
Pros
Insurance and great group of guys.
Cons
Organization