Independence Village

Independence Village Employee Reviews

Unsanitary kitchen and disrespectful coworkers but my manager was great! There are a lot of jobs to do and we were always short staffed because people wouldn't show up and it would take forever to close.
Pros
After school hours
Cons
Pay was not great for all the work
The residents here are absolutely great and most of the employees. However when you are dealing with items that you need support with their is never anyway of getting it, often times you are left to fend for yourself and figure it out not knowing that if you were doing it right or wrong.
Pros
Residents and Employees
Cons
The work experience was very negative. Sales goals were unreachable based on confined of a community without a lock down senior community. The company Managment was poorly led by fake people w false intentions.
Pros
Residents very nice
Cons
Unstable work environment
Some of us work alot, new employees quit but we stay. Fun group and easy work. Love the residents, they are funny and really need us. We have fun events for them and they love bingo
Pros
Free lunches, parking, residents are fun
Cons
Pay could be more
this place was a stepping stone, the management was rude and they picked favorites. The coworkers were rude and felt as if you came to replace them so they wouldn't help you with different task. The only thing nice we re the residents
Pros
Hour lunch break
Cons
Not enough pay, no overtime, no room for advancement
Comment – September 3, 2020
Hello, Unfortunately, you aren't reviewing your place of work on the right business page. We used to operate Independence Village of Frankenmuth but haven't in over a year. Indeed informed us that they wouldn't remove this review and to leave a response. We can't impact your experience, but your review does impact our overall score. If you could remove this review from our page and replace it on Holiday Retirement's Indeed page, you will likely get more support and garner the results or solutions you seek. Thank you!
Do you enjoy working at your company?
Every work experience is unique. Tell us about yours. Rate your employer.
The directors and supervisors were AMAZING. Independence village was by far my favorite job due to the residents and coworkers! The facility is ALWAYS clean, thanks to the amazing housekeepers, and the environment is unbelievably welcoming and exciting.
I cleaned 2nd floor, all of my residents were very sweet to me. My co-workers made my job so much fun. The pay was minimum wadge and I don't think that was worth the amount of work that was expected.
Comment – November 12, 2019
Hello,Thank you for leaving a review. We love to hear how much you enjoyed supporting the residents and working with your team. We encourage our employees to utilize their performance feedback meetings with their leaders to discuss opportunities to grow in the company. Please contact Pam Hayes at (810) 220-2655 if you would like to discuss the review further.
I worked at independence village for a little over a year. I loved everything about working there. The residents were great, the staff in ALL departments were amazing. I loved my co-workers and enjoyed working along side of them. I genuinely miss working there. Before becoming employed at the village I had no idea that places like this even existed. It was both inspiring and awesome. I am thankful to know there are other options aside from nursing homes etc.
Great properties and local staff with a lot of potential. Corporate has way too many cooks in the kitchen. There is a huge disconnect between the people running the show from Brighton MI and the employees in the field working at the properties. Corporate should be listening more and learning from their on-site leaders. Each community is different. Each market is different. You can’t put all I. One box.
Comment – September 9, 2019
Hello, Thank you for taking the time to leave a review. We agree that our communities are great because they are filled with hardworking and dedicated employees. We are always trying to improve communication and the level of support we provide. We believe we could benefit from learning more about your experience directly. Please call Pam Hayes at (810) 220-2655. Thank you.
I was pretty much just a dishwasher here, super easy job, very reliable and predictable hours. Just got a little above minimum wage. Pretty worth it though, got good free food every shift, perfect job for highschooler. Worked like 3-4 hours pretty much every day 3-7pm. The bosses were chill, all the employees were also highschoolers so it was pretty fun.
Pros
Free food, easy job, cool bosses, cool coworkers.
Cons
Short shifts, minimum wage, could not live off of as adult.
Poorly managed, doesn’t care about the staff, residents Do not receive the care they deserve, no room for growth, unprofessional. High turn over with staff
Comment – June 14, 2019
Hello, We take the comments in your review very seriously and would like to utilize your feedback to help us improve. Although we wish you had talked to your leader or our HR department during the five years you were still an employee, we still wish to discuss your experiences. Please contact Sarah Owen at (810) 534-1792 at your convenience. Thank you!
If you get satisfaction from going home each day feeling as if you have made a difference in someones life then this is the place for you! On site management team is very collaborative to deliver the best experience for the resident.
Pros
Low cost high quality meals available, good employee culture
Cons
healthcare insurance expense
Comment – March 22, 2019
Hello,Thank you for providing feedback. We never get tired of hearing how much our employees get out of supporting our residents and "making a difference." We couldn't do that without you and the incredible team at Independence Village of Frankenmuth. To help offset the costs of health care expenses and save for future expenses, our plan features a health savings account (HSA). Not only can an employee make contributions on a tax-free basis, but we also contribute a generous amount to an employee’s HSA if they are enrolled in our medical plan. We have a team available to answer any additional questions you might have. Please reach out to Sarah Owen at (810) 534-1792. Thank you.
Independence Village is a great place to work in terms of getting into the restaurant business. It's relaxed, slow-paced, and the same people everyday. While there isn't much room for advancement, I highly recommend this job to anyone trying to make some easy money.
Pros
Flexible Hours, Relaxed
Cons
No Advancement, No Tips
On a typical day I would clock in right away, get on my work attire, look at what section I would be working in that day, grab some menu sheets, and go out and set up my section. I learned from this job to be more social with myself and others. The management their was amazing I love them both. The workplace was extremely good with lovely co-workers. The hardest part of the job was trying to balance so many things on a tray at one time. The most enjoyable part of the job was all of the senior citizens I was able to meet and get to know and hear all about their life.
Pros
Free dinners
Cons
Having an extremely busy section
Its a very enjoyable place to work at, I always love talking to the residents about how there day is going. I also really enjoy being able to have fun with the games that we play with the residents like Black Jack or UNO Card game. I honestly love my job and what i am doing with the Life Enrichment Program. I am truly happy where I am at with the Job. There is nothing really I don't like about my Job.
Pros
Easy staff to work with and very enjoyable job
Cons
nothing to complain about
Pros
Easy staff to work with and very enjoyable job
Cons
nothing to complain about
Job is good for after school high school students. Pay is not great but as a part time job during school season it can work. job is fast paced so the short shift goes by fast.
always work with their employees. great management, and team. helped you with whatever you needed. you get a paid dinner lunch or breakfast for free at the end of every shift.
Pros
great management
Cons
not enough hours
Staff is friendly! Fun enviroment to work in. The building is clean and well taken care of! Working with residents is rewarding and makes for an excellent day at work!
Very nice size rooms. Great friendly people. Residents are very nice. There are activities to do everyday. The whole place is cleaned everyday. I would recommend this place to anyone looking for a great senior living home.