Independence Employee Reviews

easy place to work
IT Coordinator, Innovative Resources (Former Employee) –  Queens Village, NYApril 3, 2018
Relaxed workplace atmosphere. Management is relaxed, no pressure but the office space is very cramped and makes being there uncomfortable for long periods. The workload is manageable.
Pros
easy going manager
Cons
cramped office space
Not fun.
co offensive coordinator (Former Employee) –  Independence, KSJanuary 17, 2018
Too many hours for no pay. We had a very successful season, we went 9-2, Kansas Jayhawk Conference Champions, won our bowl game-first time in schools history. Also, is the home to Netflix series Last Chance U.
Developing along with the disabled
Nutrition Professional (Former Employee) –  Ravenna, OHJanuary 4, 2018
I developed a distribution system, and warehouse for the agency to serve 5 group homes for icf/mr. Eventually I developed menus, and stocked the groceries to go with them. Inventory and cost control was the idea. Eventually I did quality control at each facility to be sure they had the right products for their specific needs: clients and staff.

Occasionally I purchased company gifts for staff, and assisted in planning company events.
Pros
My job was developed from the ground up in 1989
Cons
My position was no longer necessary for that environment
fun place to work
Certified Nurse Assistant (Former Employee) –  Kent, OHDecember 21, 2017
This job was very challenging but I enjoyed it a lot and learned to much about persons in our society struggling with mental health issues. We took care of our residents like family
productive and fun
Independent Sales Associate, MCA/TVC Marketing (Current Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKDecember 4, 2017
A typical day at work was laid back and consistent. I am an online marketing consultant. The hardest part of my job is getting individuals to trust my product and take online marketing serious.
Pros
I set my own schedule. I am my own boss and in control of my own money.
Cons
no immediate answers given. You have to wait to get questions answered
Overall - okay place to work
Analyst (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PANovember 29, 2017
Overall -IBC is an okay place to work.
The company is currently undergoing staffing reductions in many departments.
Job security not as steady as in earlier years.
indpendance
Teacher Assistant (Former Employee) –  Prescott Valley, AZNovember 17, 2017
well they closed and are no longer open. I would come to work and start teaching my dance classes such as hip hop jazz and ballet. I was an assistant so would help the actual dance instructor and at the end of the day I would close down and clean up the studio
Relaxed Job
Caretaker (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, ALOctober 28, 2017
This job was only a temporary job for me while I was pregnant. They have excellent management, but the compensation was low. All the hours you can receive.
Pros
Plenty of work hours
Cons
Low compansation
Operator at Independence Tube
operator (Former Employee) –  Decatur, ALSeptember 4, 2017
Very fast paced. Had to be able to keep with other areas of productions. Good Benefits. The most difficult part of the job was learning each part of the machinery. Management was very thorough.
Pros
Good Pay and Benefits
My experience
Childcare Provider (Former Employee) –  Bloomington, ILAugust 28, 2017
Being an independent adjuster is feast or famine. I was called out for catastrophic storms that damaged vehicles. I would be called to do estimates on each vehicle. The pay is ridiculous high but you are responsible for getting to the location and all the hotel costs. they give you a per diem each day but you have to have money upfront to take a deployment.
Pros
Feast
Cons
famine
very enjoyable place to work at
Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXMay 2, 2017
This was the most respectful and enjoyable jobs that i have ever had in my life. This job allowed me to be myself and learn new things in the medical and mental health field.
Great consumer
Direct Care Worker (Current Employee) –  Lawrence, KSJanuary 22, 2017
Self directed so not much interaction with company outside of payroll. However staff has also been available to assist if questions in regards to payment.
Great Company
Director of Operations (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNDecember 27, 2016
This company is responsible for my increased interest and desire for working in the Healthcare industry. It was because of my skills and room for creativity that I decided that Healthcare and bringing proper quality of life to patients was my calling.
Excellent and fast paced company to work for
General Technician, Pier One (Former Employee) –  Racine, WISeptember 26, 2016
Taking care of 40 acres at Case High School. Including, the football stadium, soccer fields, open fields, tennis courts, baseball and softball fields. Also including, tree and bush trimming, garbage pickup, and general equipment maintenance and other quick fixes. Lots of creativity on how to fix a problem with the given tools.
Productive Environment
Job Shadow/Mentorship (Current Employee) –  St. Louis, MOApril 26, 2016
Assist members with mental illness to overcome obstacles, work, and live independently. Members work side by side with staff and colleagues as well.
Productive, Hard-Worker, Team-player,
Billing Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAMarch 22, 2016
I come and wait for the phone to ring and was excited to answer the incoming calls. I loved to educate myself & research information to help the customers. Some of my co-workers were very helpful and skillful, especially assisting me when I needed it. The hardest part of the job was trying to help the most needed information where or which we couldn't get to. The most enjoyable part of the job is talking with different people and researching the information, so that I can assist them to the best of my ability.
Na
Volunteer (Current Employee) –  St. Louis, MOFebruary 29, 2016
Great organization helping members to help themselves. It is is place for someone to find housing and work and my role is to assist them in finding the tools necessary to accomplish these goals be it getting enrolled in school, finding apartments, or a job search.
Newspaper business is not for everyone
receptionist, graphic artist (Former Employee) –  Blue Springs, MOFebruary 23, 2016
The time spent here was a good experience. I learned a lot of things. I have used them in other jobs I moved on to.
I liked the people I worked with.
Hardest part was the stress.
The most enjoyable was the ability to be creative.
Benefits
Cons
Extremely stressful
Independence License Bureau
Customer Service Representative, Present (Former Employee) –  OhioNovember 13, 2015
My job is to issues or renew client Drive license and sticker for their car. My boss and co-work are excellent to work with. The hardest thing about my job dealing with anger client.
Not the most easy place to work
Licensed Vocational Nurse (Former Employee) –  Redlands, CAOctober 30, 2015
Management not very helpful or accomodating. No after hour supervisors available to LVN's for questions or emergency call offs.