Independent Bank Group Employee Reviews

Poor department managers
Credit Analyst (Former Employee) –  McKinney, TXNovember 29, 2018
Independent Bank has an internal department problem, specifically the Credit Department. As a former employee of the bank it became a drain on myself and other analysts the overall lack of care and curtesy from their credit department “leadership”. The managers in that department are slow rude and hard to work with. I found myself in constant odds with two managers who were always combative unhelpful and didn’t care about the team, only their precious time. Additionally, the growth in the department is non-existent. If you are interested in IB look for lending roles.
N/a
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXAugust 13, 2018
Pro and Cons as typical with every local Bank in the area, for more diversity, one should apply with a much larger banking corporation that is either nationwide or in multiple U.S. States
Growing bank
Loan Specialist (Current Employee) –  McKinney, TXDecember 26, 2017
Progressive atmosphere with a focus on streamlining while growing at a large rate. It can be a stressful atmosphere at times, however the co-workers and people work together to ensure results.
Awesome
Teller (Former Employee) –  Battle Creek, MIMay 20, 2017
Favorite place to work. Very professional and classy. Always willing to train and teach people. Amazing train and tools to teach the new staff. All branches have amazing leaders.
Just Terrible
Personal Banker (Former Employee) –  Prosper, TXMarch 9, 2016
The Management was absolutely terrible. I wasn't the only one that thought so. The all around experience was terrible actually.
Management is not concerned with the employees
Loan Documentation Specialist (Former Employee) –  McKinney, TXOctober 15, 2015
A typical day would be that you did something wrong because you were not trained; however, you were supposed to already know their way. If you are told about it and you ask the person that trained you, they were also unaware of that error.

The most enjoyable part of the job was the employees throughout the bank, they do have some of the best people; however, they all felt as I did, change is constant and training or notification was not decimated through the proper channels.
Pros
Employees and sometimes free lunches
Cons
lack of decimation of any changes
Not Recommended by me
V. P. & Consumer and Mortgage Lending Officer (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXOctober 5, 2015
Not recommended by me. Large Banking Company that seems to have little concern for the customers and employees. Most of the employees have been laid off.
Pros
Good Benefits
Cons
No Job Security, many layoffs
Employee management, core solutions, working with iSeries (IBM)
Director of Banking Services (Current Employee) –  McKinney, TXJuly 17, 2015
Employee management, core solutions, working with iSeries (IBM). I work with solving core problems, backup, updates and releases for core product in banking. I work with updating and releasing OS for IBM iSeries. Daily I work with the employees at the bank. The coworkers are good,

The hardest part of the job is working with the new structure since the bank went public.

The most enjoyable is solution/problem solving.

The management structure has changed, and it is different to deal with.
Pros
good benifits, early hours
Cons
restructure
A great place to expand upon previously acquired professional skills.
General Teller (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXApril 3, 2015
Each day is different at Independent Bank. While there is variation, I can generally count on certain tasks. Deposits and withdrawals; account inquiries; and online banking inquiries; all exercise my problem solving skills so that I may give the best possible service to all our customers.
Great place to grow and expand your career.
Senior Lending Assistant (Former Employee) –  McKinney, TXMarch 24, 2015
Independent Bank has a great name in the community and shows by taking good care of it's employees. This bank has exceptional values that seems to be disappearing in many other institutions in our area. Other banks look for numbers and Independent Bank focuses more on the customer.
Christian Values
Lead Teller (Former Employee) –  McKinney, TXSeptember 15, 2014
I enjoyed my time at Independent Bank. I created deep, lasting friendships there, from customers to coworkers. Independent Bank has been a great place to work.
Pros
Christian Values, Great coworkers
Cons
Management has deteriorated. Poor benefits. Low Pay
Overall great company to work for
Loan Processing Assistant/Junior Processor (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXAugust 24, 2014
Excellent company to settle down with. Great benefits and work environment but low amount of advancement opportunities.
Pros
occasional free lunch and overall nice team to work for
Cons
Low advancement opportunities and raises.
Wonderful people in this organization!
Advertising Coordinator (Former Employee) –  McKinney, TXAugust 29, 2013
Enjoyed working for this company very much. I would still be working there if I had not relocated.

I learned a great deal from the wonderful people in this organization.

I moved up quickly and appreciated the trust and chance for advancement.
Great bank, progressive management
Banking Officer/ Credit Analyst (Former Employee) –  Irving, TXAugust 16, 2013
Some of the best management in Texas banking. Terrific President/CEO. Personnel were all terrific to work with and the bank's board of directors is not some anonymous, untouchable group of individuals. Each and every person at the bank cares about the bank and doing his/her job well. It's a good place to work.
Pros
Great personnel, good management culture
Cons
benefits were fairly pricey...
Five Stars
Merchant Teller (Former Employee) –  EncinoJuly 1, 2013
Very busy at work because I was a merchant teller at that time, always had lots of cash from merchant customers, the manager was awesome that I would love to work with him again because he always be there when we need him, funny, and very professional. The hardest part of the job was too much cash deposit and the most enjoyabled when I know I balanced my cash box.
Pros
Cash deposits
Cons
Dirty monies
productive fun place to work
Bank Teller Prostaff, Texas (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXOctober 23, 2012
I loved it i miss working at a bank its so laid back. I had to move back to dallas so i couldnt work their long. Pay was very good for a young 18 year old college student
Pros
lunch was 1 hour long which was good, good benefits
A great institution
Banking Officer/ Credit Analyst (Former Employee) –  Irving, TXJune 19, 2012
The leadership at Independent Bank of Texas is the best group of professionals I've worked with in North Texas. The breadth of their expertise is impressive and they have a real connection to the community they serve.

Few layers of management, I reported directly to the President and CEO, as well as the Board of Directors.
Pros
great learning environment, excellent management
Cons
none.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Independent Bank Group. Our community is ready to answer.

Independent Bank Group Reviews by Location