Independent Bank Group Employee Reviews

Awesome
Teller (Former Employee) –  Battle Creek, MIMay 20, 2017
Favorite place to work. Very professional and classy. Always willing to train and teach people. Amazing train and tools to teach the new staff. All branches have amazing leaders.
work life balance
Teller (Current Employee) –  McKinney, TXApril 13, 2016
They treat you like an important team member. They work with you to best achieve your goals and promote within, which makes you feel like you are worth it. They help you work around your schedule to best suit your personal life.
Just Terrible
Personal Banker (Former Employee) –  Prosper, TXMarch 9, 2016
The Management was absolutely terrible. I wasn't the only one that thought so. The all around experience was terrible actually.
Management is not concerned with the employees
Loan Documentation Specialist (Former Employee) –  McKinney, TXOctober 15, 2015
A typical day would be that you did something wrong because you were not trained; however, you were supposed to already know their way. If you are told about it and you ask the person that trained you, they were also unaware of that error.

The most enjoyable part of the job was the employees throughout the bank, they do have some of the best people; however, they all felt as I did, change is constant and training or notification was not decimated through the proper channels.
Pros
Employees and sometimes free lunches
Cons
lack of decimation of any changes
Not Recommended by me
V. P. & Consumer and Mortgage Lending Officer (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXOctober 5, 2015
Not recommended by me. Large Banking Company that seems to have little concern for the customers and employees. Most of the employees have been laid off.
Pros
Good Benefits
Cons
No Job Security, many layoffs
Employee management, core solutions, working with iSeries (IBM)
Director of Banking Services (Current Employee) –  McKinney, TXJuly 17, 2015
Employee management, core solutions, working with iSeries (IBM). I work with solving core problems, backup, updates and releases for core product in banking. I work with updating and releasing OS for IBM iSeries. Daily I work with the employees at the bank. The coworkers are good,

The hardest part of the job is working with the new structure since the bank went public.

The most enjoyable is solution/problem solving.

The management structure has changed, and it is different to deal with.
Pros
good benifits, early hours
Cons
restructure
A great place to expand upon previously acquired professional skills.
General Teller (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXApril 3, 2015
Each day is different at Independent Bank. While there is variation, I can generally count on certain tasks. Deposits and withdrawals; account inquiries; and online banking inquiries; all exercise my problem solving skills so that I may give the best possible service to all our customers.
Great place to grow and expand your career.
Senior Lending Assistant (Former Employee) –  McKinney, TXMarch 24, 2015
Independent Bank has a great name in the community and shows by taking good care of it's employees. This bank has exceptional values that seems to be disappearing in many other institutions in our area. Other banks look for numbers and Independent Bank focuses more on the customer.
Great bank, progressive management
Banking Officer/ Credit Analyst (Former Employee) –  Irving, TXAugust 16, 2013
Some of the best management in Texas banking. Terrific President/CEO. Personnel were all terrific to work with and the bank's board of directors is not some anonymous, untouchable group of individuals. Each and every person at the bank cares about the bank and doing his/her job well. It's a good place to work.
Pros
Great personnel, good management culture
Cons
benefits were fairly pricey...
A great institution
Banking Officer/ Credit Analyst (Former Employee) –  Irving, TXJune 19, 2012
The leadership at Independent Bank of Texas is the best group of professionals I've worked with in North Texas. The breadth of their expertise is impressive and they have a real connection to the community they serve.

Few layers of management, I reported directly to the President and CEO, as well as the Board of Directors.
Pros
great learning environment, excellent management
Cons
none.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Independent Bank Group. Our community is ready to answer.

Independent Bank Group Reviews by Location