Independent Financial Group Employee Reviews

Horrible leadership
Compliance Analyst (Former Employee) –  Del Mar, CADecember 29, 2018
There are three founding members and one of them makes everyone else's life miserable. This person walks through the office making negative comments about other employees and overall creates a culture of distrust. There are people fired because this founding member doesn't like them and not necessarily based on the actual work itself.

If you are not in the "in" crowd - you will not succeed here. Decisions are made arbitratily with no rhyme or reason. Yes they do pay well, but it's certainly not worth the mind games that goes on here.
Pros
Pay
Cons
Founding members
Great boss
Tax Accounting Intern (Former Employee) –  Tempe, AZJuly 1, 2018
She gave me a start in my freshman year to begin gaining experience! Very thankful for everything she did for me. I wouldn't be in the same place job-wise without her.
relaxed atmosphere.......mutual respect for each other
Office Manager/Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Palm Springs, CAFebruary 14, 2018
2 person office, relaxed, treated very well. I had/have a great deal of respect for him. Worked full time until 2009 I believe. Then went to part-time. Quit when I moved to Washington the end of July, 2017. I still do some work for him. Keep an annual spreadsheet of his expenses. Do reports on a few clients when necessary. Deal with date base. Perhaps at the most 5 hours a month. We have a very good work relationship.
Pros
All time off paid......didn't take advantage of it though
Supervision Manager
Vice President Supervision (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAOctober 16, 2017
Great people to work with for the most part. The atmosphere was more negative than positive but overall it was a great place to work. They do right by their people.
Pros
Professional all the way.
Cons
Stress
Independent Financial Group (IFG) is an independent broker/dealer. I am an independent contractor with IFG.
Certified Financial Planner (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLJuly 20, 2017
They do a very good job as a broker/dealer for independent financial advisers. Due to recent changes in the regulatory environment in the securities industry, the advantages to being independent in this industry have changed significantly and I am looking at different options.
Great Place To Learn about investing and finance
Financial Assistant (Current Employee) –  El Paso, TXJuly 18, 2017
great balance between work and personal life awesome schedules management is great understands when you have kids and events come up to get some time off recommend if you are tryna learn about finance and investing opportunity's also great co-workers
Experience at IFG
Commission Specialist (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAMay 1, 2017
A lots of data entry and dealing with the sales agent to process their commission. I have learned about life insurance and how important it is to have them. The hardest part is working with some intense and cut-throat employees.
Pros
flexible lunch
Cons
Cut-throat employees
Great CEO and management team
Commission Analyst (Former Employee) –  Del Mar, CAMay 7, 2015
They treat their employees very well. It's a small firm but has alot to offer and room to grow. The CEO makes his morning rounds to greet his employes. Free coffee to wake us up! We are treated like human being. One of the best place to work for.
Pros
Management team
Cons
Small break room and NO eating/heating up fish! j/k
Small, but growing Broker Dealer w/ Interesting Culture
Compliance Analyst (Former Employee) –  Del Mar, CAMay 5, 2015
Tucked away in Del Mar, IFG is a progressive little broker dealer with a unique and cult-like culture that prides itself on making employees abide to meticulous guidelines, and keeping the advisor happy. The employees are hard working and dedicated, management (depending on the department) can be a bit confused at times, as it is a growing company competing with much more resourceful entities, and abroad. Hardest part of the job was conforming to rules that weren't written, the best part was interacting with knowledgeable staff and assisting the reps. A typical day involved a mandatory hour lunch, lots of quiet time, and the occasional sweep of the office by the CEO. I learned how to work in a completely different corporate setting than that I was used to.
Pros
Nice area, long lunch, flexible with appointments, 401k match, etc.
Cons
Weird managerial inconsistencies, frequent staff changes, hard to please.
Bad Company Culture, No Growth
Branch Inspector/Internal Auditor (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAFebruary 5, 2014
Complete daily activities. Discouraged employees. Low Salaries, No Growth.
Productive Work Environment
Operations Specialist (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CAMarch 4, 2013
Great Management, and the best the emplyees. Most enjoyable are the people.