Independent Financial Group Employee Review

View all Independent Financial Group reviews

Small, but growing Broker Dealer w/ Interesting Culture
Compliance Analyst (Former Employee) –  Del Mar, CAMay 5, 2015
Tucked away in Del Mar, IFG is a progressive little broker dealer with a unique and cult-like culture that prides itself on making employees abide to meticulous guidelines, and keeping the advisor happy. The employees are hard working and dedicated, management (depending on the department) can be a bit confused at times, as it is a growing company competing with much more resourceful entities, and abroad. Hardest part of the job was conforming to rules that weren't written, the best part was interacting with knowledgeable staff and assisting the reps. A typical day involved a mandatory hour lunch, lots of quiet time, and the occasional sweep of the office by the CEO. I learned how to work in a completely different corporate setting than that I was used to.
Pros
Nice area, long lunch, flexible with appointments, 401k match, etc.
Cons
Weird managerial inconsistencies, frequent staff changes, hard to please.

Other Independent Financial Group Employee Reviews

Horrible leadership
Compliance Analyst (Former Employee) –  Del Mar, CADecember 29, 2018
There are three founding members and one of them makes everyone else's life miserable. This person walks through the office making negative comments about other employees and overall creates a culture of distrust. There are people fired because this founding member doesn't like them and not necessarily based on the actual work itself.

If you are not in the "in" crowd - you will not succeed here. Decisions are made arbitratily with no rhyme or reason. Yes they do pay well, but it's certainly not worth the mind games that goes on here.
Pros
Pay
Cons
Founding members
I loved my job at IFG, but the travel became too much.
Manager, Branch Inspections (Former Employee) –  Del Mar, CAAugust 8, 2018
Independent Financial Group has excellent leadership and opportunities to work with Branch Managers at financial institutions and offices nationwide. I loved my job, but the travel became too much and I had little time with my family.