Independent Health Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Productive and fun working place
Foundation Team Temp (Former Employee) –  300 Essjay RoadJune 21, 2018
A typical day for me would include coming into work, checking my emails, reaching out to community members about community outreach programs and helping in the planning of upcoming annual events which raise money for the community outreach programs. My co-workers were all extremely welcoming and hard-working individuals. I thoroughly enjoyed this job and gained experience in event planning, which is a skill I desired to learn.
Good Company!
Finance and Accounting Positions (Former Employee) –  Williamsville, NYJune 19, 2018
The company allowed employees an opportunity to grow! The company was good to the employees. The most enjoyable part of the job was connecting with customers!
Pros
Growing company!
Cons
Changed over time!
Competitive
Vice President, Servicing & Benefit Administration (Former Employee) –  Williamsville, NYJune 4, 2018
Highly competitive internal working environment. Political climate of healthcare creates increasing challenges on the payer space. Learned a lot about this business.
Outsource 101
Manager (Former Employee) –  Williamsville, NYMay 15, 2018
The whole company is outsourced to India to "save the members money" but rates are never cut to the member -just american jobs are lost . To the company you are just a number, there is never anyone there to help you from HR and all management is clueless
Good Job
Home Health Aide/Caregiver (Former Employee) –  West Plains, MOMay 8, 2018
One of the best jobs I have had, they were willing to work with me on where I work when I work. Management was always willing to hear complaints and work on improving problems.
Pros
variety
Cons
lots of driving
Great company however favortism abounded
Clinical (Former Employee) –  Williamsville, NYApril 25, 2018
This company has a solid work environment however they do play favorites. Downsizing and job task shifting occurs due to a lack of training. People who have been there years will tell you one thing to your face and then undercut you with your superior. The clinical people working there are above average in their knowledge areas. The non-clinical personnel are in it for career advancement and little more.
Pros
Ability to use knowledge base
Cons
Politics
great job
Human Resources Recruiter (Former Employee) –  Williamsville, NYApril 8, 2018
This is where I learned most of what I know, I wish I could still work there but I now have 4 children so its just not possible, excellent place to work they treat their employees very well.
Horrible Manager
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Williamsville, NYApril 6, 2018
Do yourself a favor and do NOT apply here! They are rated one of the "best companies to work for" due to the fact they do NOT allow any of their negative reviews on the company to be seen let alone read. The training is the worst as far as a health insurance company goes, they don't care about giving the correct information just as long as you lie through your teeth to the members and keep they saying thank you for the lies you are selling them. Was let go for a "bad call" yet I was NOT allowed to listen to said call to even know that it was infact a bad call! The HR department just stares at you and says nothing because she's too young and could care less. The overall morale of this company is horrendous. You get to watch people be tapped on the shoulder to be fired all day long but are expected to not worry about losing your job. The customer service manager is very cliquey and if you're not in her clique then your out of a job. Very high school atmosphere for grown adults. I am sure this review will not be posted either.
Pros
Schedule
Cons
Everything else
Stressful
UTILIZATION MANAGEMENT ASSISTANT (Current Employee) –  NYJanuary 24, 2018
UM department seems set aside from the rest of the company and make up their own rules. They could care less about the employees or what we have to say. Management plays favorites and does not hold people accountable for what they should be doing on a daily basis. No attendance policy for this department so people call in as they want. Not enough employees for the amount of work on a daily basis. Very high turnover rate due to poor management. No room for advancement and the training is horrible. You are thrown into the job
Pros
Great benefits and lots of perks
Cons
Everything else
stressful atmosphere
Red Shirt Facilitator Enroller (Former Employee) –  Buffalo, NYJanuary 22, 2018
We were trained decently, treated by regular employees shabbily
(temporary employees), we were constantly reminded that all we were and treated as such. We were used and drained of our talents and lie to every day that there would be a position to go to in the end.

The childish and stressful atmosphere made me I felt as if I was back in high school. Women fight over the stupid things. For example, making an appointment to use a conference room to eat lunch en min. One group of women just needed to check with the other a day in advance and instead made dramatic yelling matches in halls in front of new employees and customer to assert their selves as co-managers.
Company does not practice what it preaches.
Utilization Review Nurse (Former Employee) –  Buffalo, NYJanuary 20, 2018
Incompetent job scared management
Poor IT
Poor training
Lack of policies & procedures
No performance feed back
Very disrespectful and demeaning culture
No support from HR
Sweat shop atmosphere
Pros
Time off
Cons
Everything else.
Enjoyed home care
Caregiver/Personal Assistant (Former Employee) –  Oswego, KSJanuary 9, 2018
Love in home care. It was independent so most of these questions do not apply on here. It was for a small family there father. I worked often but it was relaxed.
Pros
Comfortable
Great Benefits and Work/Life Balance
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Williamsville, NY 14221January 9, 2018
Great place to work, but very hard for advancement without more education or professional license/certifications. The benefits are unbeatable and the work/life balance is encouraged.
benefits
Cons
little to no advancement opportunities w/o more education
Commitment
Provider Performance Improvement Specialist (Current Employee) –  Williamsville, NYJanuary 8, 2018
Great workplace culture - very friendly environment, collaborative corporate climate all working toward a common goal. People historically have a long tenure here and have often worked in various departments which lends to cross functional knowledge.
IHA is a Great Organization
None (Current Employee) –  Williamsville, NYJanuary 6, 2018
Independent Health is a highly respected organization in WNY. There is a very relaxed and collaborative culture. The organization strives to keep its associates healthy and provides a great work/life balance.

The company has some challenges, however overall it is a wonderful place to work
Pros
Benefits and Culture
Cons
Some mid-level managers might not be in the right positions
Productive, and very great teams to work with.
Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Buffalo, NYJanuary 2, 2018
Working with Independent Health, you learn Medicare is not easy and everyone needs help. They really take care of their members and employee's. The hardest part is not being able to help someone.
Good Job
RN-Telephone Triage (Former Employee) –  Buffalo, NYDecember 26, 2017
Enjoyed the work. Good company to work for. I was per diem employee while I was in graduate school so the work was flexible and easy. Management was easy to work with.
Pros
Easy job, no stress
Great pay and benefits
Manager (Current Employee) –  Buffalo, NYDecember 20, 2017
IH was a great place to work, they pay very well and have great benefits package, however to get anything done in the comapny with all the levels of management is an act of God.
Pros
Pay, time off and benefits
Cons
To many levels of management, too much red tape - unable to get anything done
Awesome place to work
Enrollment Processor (Former Employee) –  Williamsville, NYDecember 20, 2017
I love every pary of working for Independent Health. They are so helpful and caring. They teach well so youu know your job. Management is great to work for.
Pros
Always helpful and caring
Cons
I dont have anything for this
Temp but loved it
Processing Specialist (Former Employee) –  Williamsville, NYNovember 16, 2017
While i did not work the call center, it seemed pretty laid back. Quiet, most of all. I previously worked at Geico which was the complete opposite. I worked a low stress processing job for open enrollment, and would consider applying there in the future
Pros
free lunches once a week. Low stress
Cons
Not many hours, Temp job