Independent Living Services Employee Reviews

Would not recommend to anyone, save your time
Skills Trainer (Former Employee) –  Conway, ArOctober 18, 2018
They don’t care about the clients, more worried about drama and who’s doing what. Low staff so everyone does there job half way. If you want a low paying job you got it.
Pros
Clients are warm and welcoming.
Cons
Low pay, bad managing
loved cooking there and the clients
Kitchen Supervisor-Cook (Former Employee) –  Conway, ARSeptember 6, 2018
I loved the job i loved cooking there and clients there were mostly up moving around doing things for themself and i worked were ive taking care of them so it was a good experience but management was horrible over there
Pros
clients
Cons
management
Relaxed
Community Service Trainer/Instructor (Former Employee) –  Conway, ARAugust 8, 2018
The best part of this job was working with some amazing individuals who are mentally challenged. They are absolutely wonderful souls. The schedules were very flexible.
Pros
The consumers are fun and unique.
Cons
Small window of opportunity for professional development
This is just how I feel
Community Skills Trainer (Current Employee) –  Conway, ARJuly 23, 2018
When I first started here, this company had a family oriented atmosphere. Now, it seem more politically motivated. No one goes beyond their job, They just come in to do their job.
Pros
flexibility
Cons
pay rate
Work
Caretaker (Current Employee) –  ConnecticutJuly 21, 2018
You have to be very patient. A lot of paperwork and cleaning but a very relaxing place. The people look out for you and work with you. It's a very close place I love working there.
great place to work
Community Skills Trainer (Current Employee) –  conway arkansasJuly 18, 2018
I enjoy working with my consumer(s), stressful at times but with a little patience and finesse it balances out. helping/ assisting the consumers with there daily living skill is one thing but also helping to assist with there social skills is also a plus. my coworkers are awesome, given some are cut throat by the end of the day it also balances out. hardest part of the job is leveraging with the consumer, when theirs nothing to leverage with.
Pros
clients are awesome
Cons
pay sucks
ILS Experience
Community Skills Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Conway, ARJuly 9, 2018
I loved reporting to work at ILS. I learned to be detailed oriented and organized. I respected my supervisor because he always put the clients needs first and volunteered a lot of this time into them. The workplace culture was family oriented. The hardest part about the job was leaving. The most enjoyable part about the job was the friends you made while serving.
Pros
Clients
Cons
Salary
fun place to work
Case Manager (Current Employee) –  Conway, ARJune 26, 2018
Clients become family, the reason why. Hardest part of the job is feeling like you failed your client, the most enjoyable: witnessing growth. A typical day included ton of paperwork and a large amount of communication with family
Not the best place to work
Personal Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  Tamaqua, PAMay 26, 2018
Management was the worst part to deal with at this job, they do not care about their employees. The most enjoyable part about the job was the people I took care of.
Good place to start a new career
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Conway, ARMay 16, 2018
I really enjoyed working here. They let you pick your work load. If you only want 1 client that's fine. If you want 10 clients that is fine also. Real easy place to work.
nursing
LPN (Former Employee) –  Conway, ARMay 4, 2018
A typical day would be to serve individuals, both consumers and staff with medical/first aid treatment. Educating consumers and staff on maintaining good health habits and recognizing issues that might include awareness of medical professionals being notified of certain conditions.
Pros
Excellent working enviornment
Cons
could be fired at the drop of a hat
Wonderful staff, very caring and supportive.
Caregiver/Personal Assistant (Former Employee) –  Lancaster, PAApril 27, 2018
The staff at ILS works diligently to provide support for their caregivers and consumers. They go out of their way to ensure the right mstches are made to create long term success and lasting relationships between PCA's and consumer.
Pros
Friendly helpful staff
Cons
Sometimes difficult to find coverage when taking time off.
Working on your own. Remove middleman. You work for yourself
Personal Assistant (Current Employee) –  Madison, WIApril 7, 2018
I work independently. You find clients on your own. You choose when you want to work. You sign you're own contract. It's great. Forget about working for 14 an hour taking care of 28 people when you can make 20 a hour working for yourself with 1 client. Forget about these bosses and owners of Assisted livings who's owners don't have to submit to a background check.
Pros
Work for yourself
Ok place to work
Caregiver (Current Employee) –  Harrison, ARMarch 11, 2018
Independent Living is an okay place to work. The salary is slightly above minimum wage and they give you decent hours. Just no room for advancement.in the company.
Pros
Relaxed Environment
Cons
Very little room for advancement
It was a great job
Caregiver/Personal Assistant (Former Employee) –  Carthage, MOMarch 2, 2018
It was as great job because any time I needed help with anything they helped me and my mom we had great case workers and the satisfaction of knowing that I could be at home making sure my mom was being taken care of right was definitely the best part of the job
Pros
I got to take care of my mom, i got the help we needed, I could work another job and take care of my daughter as well
very productive
Recycle Processor (Former Employee) –  Conway, ARFebruary 3, 2018
a typical day is shredding paper or preparing to recycle paper I learned communication skills and haw to get a long with my coworkers I like shredding the hardest part was at first I was really shy
Pros
free lunches
Cons
breaks are short
Great Place
Community Skills trainer (Current Employee) –  Conway, ARJanuary 11, 2018
I've worked here for years and its great. The company cares about its employees as well as its consumers. Its so laid back long as you do your job you will be there forever.
Pros
working alone, a raise every year
Productive Workplace
Community Service Trainer (Current Employee) –  Conway, ARDecember 15, 2017
being able to create relationships with the residents, and instill within them tools that can benefit their living is one of the best parts of working at ILS.
Cons
short breaks
Awsome fun work place
Babysitter (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLNovember 16, 2017
Everyone was always nice very friendly . Always had a smile on my face helped children with early development etc. Overall had an amazing experience & learned alot .
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
Non
Fantastic group of compassionate individuals
Sensory Classroom Assistant (Former Employee) –  Conway, ARNovember 4, 2017
Easily the best job I've ever had. Management is fantastic, and all the staff takes their job very seriously. You wont find a group of people more compassionate about the work they do than you will there.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Independent Living Services. Our community is ready to answer.

See reviews about