Independent Stave Company

Independent Stave Company Employee Reviews

Independent Stave Company insights

What people like
  • Fair pay for job
  • Ability to meet personal goals
  • Clear sense of purpose
Areas for improvement
  • Overall satisfaction
  • Time and location flexibility
  • Sense of belonging

Fun place to work

The job is fairly easy and the people are all very nice. Good work atmosphere. Just be aware. Of the monotheistic attitudes.

Pros

Good pay and lots of overtime

Cons

Sorry breaks and very repetitive

Ok job

Pay is not that great to get good pay it's mainly based off of bonus and they make it hard to get bonuses there so your pay is usually good they make it sound like it's easy to get the bonus but it's not, asked for a raise and said my work wasn't good enough.

Pros

Boss worked in another state

Cons

Horrible pay, and manager

Overwork

You get no time off. You get no holidays off except Christmas. 60 plus hours a week even when you do extra all week. Holidays are mandatory work days.

Pros

Fed us on saturday because we always worked.

Cons

Always work. No family time.

ISC is a good place to work, must be a driven person willing to work with little direction. Sink or swim mentality but you do get rewarded for your hard work

Pros

Flexible scheduling and work

Not very stressful, easy job to learn

I like my job at independent stave friendly people nice wage friendly atmosphere and extensive training to do your job safely and be productive great company to work for

Pros

Company takes care of its employees

Cons

Equipment in my department is pretty well worn out needs to be replaced

Do you enjoy working at your company?

Every work experience is unique. Tell us about yours. Rate your employer.

Favoritism , Allows Drugs, 60+ Hour Weeks

They pay drug users more money in order for them to support their drug habbits, in order for them to be able to do the job. The labor is pretty hard, but they do pay pretty well. They treat you like a number, and will fire you after 10 years. An old co worker was fired after he loss a fingure. The HR told him "We don't have any positions for people with missing fingures" and fired him. They will hire you if your dirty. So for the ones worried about a drug test, just tell them before you take it. Overall a bad place will not advance, but can make good money for a while. Their insurance is high. They do also cut pays and try to cut hours for a month or two every year to keep ppl hanging for awhile then bam back to 60+ hours.

Pros

Pay, Relaxed Break Times

Cons

Bad Managment, Allows Drug Use On Property, No chance to move up, Will fire you no matter how long you have been there

Benton Ky, former employee

Very negative atmosphere, plant manager has no idea how to manage people and maintenance supervisor has no idea how to manage anything. The atmosphere is totally negative, the employees feel helpless. They send you home if there’s a maintenance break down even though there’s plenty of work to do. They have a descent maintenance team but there’s no parts to complete the work. If you are female be ready to be harassed and stared down. The men speak like they don’t care if a woman is present or not. This was a totally negative culture and there are several issues OSHA has looked at and still several more that OSHA didn’t find. This is why they can’t keep workers. They gave a supervisor position to someone that consistently came in late and hung over vs someone that never misses. Also this alcoholic was turned in for harassment of someone that he would later be promoted over. There was zero promotion potential at this facility unless you were an alcoholic that was frequently late or someone that demeans and harasses their peers. Stay away!

Pros

They paid me well

Cons

Insurance, culture, harassment, no possibility of promotion

Not the right job for me

I worked for ISCO for 8 months and it was not a good experience for me. I've waited a few years to leave this review to see if time would change my opinion and it has not. I was not a good fit for the position I was hired for. I was not thoroughly interviewed by my supervisor. If I had been, there would have been more questions from both of us and I probably would have never been hired. My direct supervisor, in my opinion, committed several HR violations regarding my personal life/appearance and several comments were made about my salary, etc. I was hired to be a marketing professional/event planner but ended up making travel arrangements, itineraries and several other duties that were not directly marketing related and I was admittedly not good at, and never claimed to be good at. My time there was miserable to be honest. I worked with different locations in different time zones and felt I was "on call" 24/7. I missed exactly three hours of work for a family member's hospitalization and was berated for my focus not being on work and rather on a my family member. My anxiety got to ridiculous levels and I was under the care of a doctor and medication just to get myself to work each day. I was on the highest dose of Prozac I could take and had several stress related symptoms causing me to be ill. If you can't do high pressure and don't have a rhino thick skin - you can't work in this job. I recognized that I was not flourishing, and was rather floundering, and found another job. Upon resigning I was told I would have been fired anyway, told I would fail in my next job, and -

Pros

free food in office, nice location, some great people

Cons

poor management, not a good work life balance

Independent Stave Company

Good place to work overall. The pay is some what good. Longer hours then most factories so it’s hard to adapt to the shifts. Really good management just a stressful place to work

Hard job

This job is a good learning experience, and overall a good place to work. It is really hard on the body and mind and is not a good place to work if you are older in years. Not a good place to retire.

Fast past environment, friendly employees, caring company

Competitive pay and benefits, piece pay positions offer 20 dollars plus potential. I don't know any other company in the area that offers the consistent hours as Missouri Cooperage. I have never been laid off and we have never had to have work share because of lack of work. The management and fellow employees are fun to work and really push you to be successful. This company offers a four day training program which I have never had another job offer anything quite like that.

Pros

Employee appreciation week with company picnic, turkey and hams during the holidays, free MOC apparel

Cons

Long hours and some six day work weeks.

Very productive work place with good leadership

The work days are very busy and they expect a lot from their employees. But, the compensation is good and they do a great job at taking care of the employees. The management shows appreciation for their employees work ethic. It is overall a great place to work with good benefits.

Great

great place to work spent 4 years there had to leave due to family issues would have been my last job plenty of vac time great pay for the area made almost 18hr 16hr average based on tier performance each week

Fair Pay

If you are female, there is a lot of harassment that does not get taken seriously. The pay is nice, especially with overtime. However, you have no life outside of work.

Great people

We work quite a few hours. The pay is great. The people here are good and treat you well. We all have an end goal to make a good barrel. I really enjoy working here for the last 10 years.

Long hours, poor communication, held back from moving up in position

Lots of over time. Pays good, poor environment and working conditions, lack of communication from management and between shifts. It's a who you know or who likes type of place if you want to excel, overlook those who actually want to improve and grow with the company.

The Company and staff Performance

This company gave me the opportunity to work with many diversity of employees. Where I was able to gain knowledgeable experience. The company was flexible and showed family orientation to their staff.

Barrel cooper

The job was easy as it is long it's very hard to continue to talk good things about the people I worked with some were pretty cool but over all the management was very low when needing assistance or guidance in certain areas

Worst job I've ever had

Dirty, insanely dangerous work environment. I can't believe the place hasn't been shut down by osha. Terrible management. Everything falling apart. Was lied to about my hours... Never got any safety pay... Never got any days off. Worked well over 12 hours a day.. Filthy.. Tired... Fires every day. Never again

Management suks

Blows. Lie about pay and line incentive weekly profits big time and you never het a solid answer. Cause knobody knows whats going on anyway... i just known for the good workers that did stay thank u guys for saying I did great work. I also believe or KNOW MY TEST WAS TAINTED it was gone for 20 days!!!!!!!! Common? No

Pros

Pay8/20@anytimezee

Cons

Great co workers, manager sucks, great maintenance, qc, kool supervisors

Good pay, Hard work, poor management

Good company with good pay. Hard work with several chances to get hurt. Not much to offer after 5 years of employment. Quick advancement through pay grades if willing to work and learn. Management could use an overview.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Independent Stave Company. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

• Independent Stave Company