Indian Health Center of Santa Clara Valley Employee Reviews in San Jose, CA

Heaven on Earth
Vaccine Coordinator (Former Employee) –  San Jose, CAOctober 2, 2018
I loved my time at the IHC. The organization was a workplace that fostered growth, collaboration, and innovation. Management was always open to communication and collaboration to help improve upon. With any growing organization there were challenges, but management was extremely supportive i helping offer tools to overcome any barriers. I loved my three years here. I will cherish every moment.
Excellent workplace to hone ones skills
Customer Service Coordinator (Former Employee) –  San Jose, CAAugust 22, 2018
Great place to volunteer as well as somewhere to work. Excellent place to learn new skills. A lot of advancement opportunities. Gives you the chance to interact and work with different departments.
Pros
Great learning environment
Cons
management does not take ideas from employees
good work environment
Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  San Jose, CAJune 8, 2018
good stepping stone to work, good chance to work on your skills. Work first hand with residence and faculty members, lots of oppr to freshen up your skills
Pros
great learning clinic
Cons
Ceo
A Clean and Friendly Environment
Physician- Internal Medicine (Former Employee) –  San Jose, CAMarch 28, 2018
The staff is friendly. There is a lot of paper work in involved but the team is accommodating to the needs of the clinical staff. The culture is inclusive and celebrates camaraderie with team outings.
Amazing work place, Nothing very hard or stressful.
Phone Operator/Receptionist (Former Employee) –  San Jose, CAFebruary 5, 2018
The IHC SCV is a awesome place to work at I was hired as a temp at first so when having my child they wouldn't give me more that just the 2 months so I had to live my child at 2 months and we relocated to Modesto so the commute was awful and was going trough a lot of stress and at that point job wasn't really helping a lot. But over all it an awesome place to work with awesome people loved my manager and colleagues and the C.E.O amazing .
Hope they learn
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  San Jose, CANovember 28, 2017
If they had a better support from the management team then I would have been happy. Too much favortism and quit pro quo, hopefully they will remember the mission when they make decision.
Pros
Pto
Excellent place to work ,especially the Family Medicine Residency Program
LVN (Former Employee) –  San Jose, CAApril 1, 2016
I worked with the Family Medicine residency Program clinic with O'Connor Hospital in 2012 Indian Health Center took over the Residency Program and I worked for them 1 Year to helped with the transition , I enjoy work with them ,my manager excellent and smart person and I enjoy every single day I worked with them
Pros
worked Monday to Friday
ok
Office Assistant (Current Employee) –  San Jose, CAJune 12, 2015
in the department i am in, the day could be more challenging. i am here because i want something with more challenge. the work is done very early in the morning. i have learned that working under the county and working for the county are two totally different aspects. i enjoy most of my co-workers for the most part. a manager should manage and not depend on "the lead" because "the lead" does not always lead. "the lead" could just be a title and that title could be abused. the pros - i can usually take my vacation when asked. the cons - breaks, time and hours abused