INDIAN HEALTH COUNCIL, INC Employee Reviews

The best people work here
Administrative Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Rincon, CAAugust 20, 2018
My experience here was awesome. I got to learn so much in different fields of health. I am native american so i felt a sense of accomplishment providing services for my community. Solid schedules and holidays and weekends off. I only wish management was different when i was there. perhaps i wouldve stayed. I heard management changed since then, and is even a better place of employment.
productive and fun place to work
Registered Dental Assistant (Former Employee) –  Valley Center, CAOctober 19, 2017
This place rocks!!! Cant really complain about too much here. Its fast paced. The people are friendly. The patients are fun to work with. The benefits this place offers was great
Pros
doctors are user friendly
Cons
assistants are pretty cut throat
Great place to work!
Medical Billing and Coding Specialist (Former Employee) –  Valley Center, CAJune 10, 2017
Excellent benefits medical, dental, life insurance, 401k etc. overall was a fun place to work and great team of staff in medical department. I didn't care for person in charge of HR department. She involves herself in a great deal of gossip, is judgmental and extremely unprofessional. High turn-overs lots of people coming and going.
Pros
Employee Benefits
Productive place to work
Dental Assistant (Former Employee) –  Valley View CenterMay 8, 2017
Unfortunately it was a short time that I was able to work at Indian Health but in my time I Enjoyed working at the practice along with the staff and our dedication that we had for the patients.
Great working conditions
Director of HR & Administrative Services (Former Employee) –  Valley Center, CADecember 8, 2016
Worked with 9 northern San Diego tribe. Employees were nice and kind staff and management. Patients were involved in the community and the clinic
Pros
close to home
Cons
Gained a lot of helpful skills that have assisted me through my jobs.
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Valley Center, CAApril 6, 2016
.Community awareness was big
.Wonderful diabetes, injury prevention, nutritional classes offered
.Met caring peers that were always willing to teach you new things or give you a helping hand.
.Learned how to apply for grants and how to meet deadlines for reports, meetings; etc.
.Knowledgeable director that taught me a lot.
Pros
Loved how community was helped
Cons
HR is not employee friendly; hard to talk to.
team organized, clean work environment.
Medical Assistant II (Former Employee) –  Valley Center, CANovember 15, 2015
great place to work for and at. Clean, friendly and organized. Great place to begin your career in medical field. Good work experience for right out of school medical students.
A great place to work.
Patient Services Advocate (Former Employee) –  Valley Center, CAJanuary 23, 2013
Was a great place to work. I learned grant writting, case management. This job helped we get started in social work.
Pros
good hours
Cons
politics
Greart experience working with Native Americans and understanding the culture.
Licensed Marriage and Family Therapist (Former Employee) –  Valley Center, CAOctober 25, 2012
I was the child, adolescent and family therapist at Indian Health Council and would see between 3 to 5 clients a day. The position was funding by a stated grant. Thus I managed the grant by keep tack of the clients seen in treatment and writing grant reports. I learned the dynamics of working with Native Americans and the culture. The overall clinic management lacked a understanding of the Human Services (Mental Health Department), but the director(s) of Human Services was very supportive. The co-workers were also supportive. The hardest part of the job was not having other children/adolescent providers to collaborate with. The most rewarding part was working with the clients and families.
Pros
experience and understanding of the native american culture.
Cons
the clinic not knowing how to support human service department in an effective way.