Indian Institute of Technology Employee Reviews

Employment quote
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Fort Wayne, INMarch 14, 2019
Good experience for some one who wants a firm education, is good for some lone who is seeking experience in the business field. I will definitely recommend this to young kids.
Laid back atmosphere
Cook/Server/Cashier/Dishwasher (Current Employee) –  Fort Wayne, INMarch 11, 2019
Working as someone who would just help out wherever needed during my shift, I got an excellent view of the workplace and the relationship between coworkers. The work itself in every position is simple, which makes it easy for the student workers there to catch on, but can also be mind-numbing if you're working longer than six hours. The management is very lenient and willing to work with you on any issues you might have, in most cases, they even try to address problems right away. Unfortunately, if your issue is with a co-worker who is a long-term worker or a full-time worker. This is because they do not have many, most of the employees are students who average working roughly 4-6 months. Anyone who is willing to work full-time long-term is a precious commodity.

However, it's not a bad place to work and overall I do recommend it to those looking to gain experience in a kitchen or for customer service.
Pros
Free Meals, laid back, lenient management
Cons
Feels like a "grind" sometimes, personal disputes not always addressed/resolved
Administrative Support Admissions Office
Office Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Fort Wayne, INOctober 3, 2018
Fast paced environment with dedicated associates reaching out to prospective students to advance their education. Terrific group of people that truly care about incoming students and current students. The staff is passionate and supportive of every program created for the students.

Higher education does not pay much for support services and I needed to have a larger salary.
Pros
Campus events, great group of people / faculty and staff
Cons
Low pay
Good Job for Student
Tour Guide & Office Worker (Former Employee) –  Fort Wayne, INAugust 30, 2018
Working at the school while being a student was very convenient and they were flexible with class schedules. a typical day would include giving tours to students and answering phones
Very good environment to work and great people in collaboration
Intern. Diet Optimizer. (Former Employee) –  Kresit department, BombayAugust 23, 2018
I worked at a startup at IIT BOMBAY. Very less often do interns get paid even if their work is of commendable value to the organization. But campus life and inter human interactions with courtesy workers was beautiful. It was a memorable experience worth cherishing later.
Pros
learn new things with ease and guidance under seniors and professionals. Flexible working hours.
Cons
No remuneration.
My Department
ADMISSIONS COUNSELOR (Current Employee) –  Ft. Wayne, INAugust 12, 2018
The culture in my department is very clique-y. I do not fit the stereotype of the other workers and it makes it extremely difficult for others to connect with me. I have been very unhappy with my experience.
Pros
Great Benefits
Ambiente optimo de trabajo
Entrenador del equipo de tenis (Former Employee) –  Fort Wayne, Indiana, USAJuly 11, 2018
El ambiente de trabajo tendría que decir que es el optimo. La ayuda y preocupación del equipo de trabajo en la empresa siempre es muy profesional y eficaz.
diverse and a fun work place
Maintenance Worker (Former Employee) –  Fort Wayne, INApril 26, 2018
For me, this was a platform where I have learned about a different workplace culture. The experience with my colleges and my superiors was the best. The most presentable things were the diversity of students workers.
Pros
friendly supervisors
Cons
no cons
NYCHA Customer Service agent
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Hicksville, NY 11801March 12, 2018
I would not recommend this agency to anyone. A typical work day was very busy with high call volumes. i learned how the ticket system worked with in housing complexes. Most times i always had to call the agency because for some reason they forgot to pay me a lot.
Best Place to Work and Study
Graduate Assistant (Former Employee) –  Fort Wayne, INJanuary 12, 2018
While pursuing my masters at Indiana Tech I worked as a Graduate Assistant and it was a great place to study and the best place to work.

I encourage young aspirants to study at Indianatech
Productive and Fun Workplace with its own set of Challenges.
Peer Tutor (Current Employee) –  Fort Wayne, INJanuary 11, 2018
A typical day at work involves me working with students and teaching them what they need to learn in classes they are struggling in or need help in. Some of the things I learned through this job include business references and professional communication skills as well as time management. The management here at the Indiana Tech tutoring center is very friendly and welcoming, they also push their employees to do the best they can in all areas inside and outside of work. The Workplace culture is as welcoming and inviting as the management, my fellow co-workers are very respectable, well educated, and friendly. The hardest part of the job is working with student who are rude, some students are inconsiderate towards tutors and or are just rude in a broad sense of the word, many times it is difficult to not be rude back to them, it is a challenge to be considerate while they are being rude. The most enjoyable part of the job is helping students who are struggling, helping people brings me great happiness. It also is nice to seem them better understand the material so that they can do well on either homework or tests. Seeing them succeed makes me very happy and makes me feel like I'm making a difference.
Pros
Good Atmosphere
Cons
Few breaks
Fast paced and busy job
Director of Housekeeping (Former Employee) –  Fort Wayne, INNovember 19, 2017
The work day was always busy year round. We took care of the student dormitories and school buildings during the school year and cleaned all the dorms and buildings in the summer while the kids were on Summer Break. I also took care of the phone systems for all seven campuses.
Pros
Kept busy
Cons
Management was not very easy to work with
seasonal
Data Entry Clerk (Former Employee) –  Fort Wayne, INOctober 5, 2017
Was a seasonal job while I was in high school and while I attended college. It was a nice place, but things have changed and so have the people who work there.
Research
Research Associate (Former Employee) –  Madras, ORSeptember 6, 2017
Here I learned so many new things. It is the right place to anyone to learn new things. Its one of my great opportunity in my life. I did lots ow research and got research papers.
Productive and fun to work
Student Worker (Former Employee) –  Fort Wayne, INSeptember 2, 2017
As a student worker it was fun and a great opportunity to work in a Registrar's Office. People around was friendly and helpful. Will continue if not had to relocate.
Student Worker.
Student Worker (Former Employee) –  Fort Wayne, INAugust 11, 2017
I worked in several different departments on campus. Each department offered something different that I could apply in all areas of my life. I served as a receptionist doing data entry, peer-mentoring, human recourse filer, and some volunteer work.
Student Worker Experience
Mailroom/Bookroom Assistant (Former Employee) –  Fort Wayne, INAugust 1, 2017
Indiana Tech provides excellent opportunities to the students and faculty that attend the college. They consistently provide a work place that is friendly, welcoming and overall enjoyable to all.
Great place to work and learn
Programmer (Former Employee) –  DelhiJuly 29, 2017
This is a great place to work and learn
Many research projects and very good facilities
Great projects and good hands on experience
Excellent environment
Great place for entrance level
Clinical Lab Assistant Nutrition center (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILJuly 20, 2017
The lab manager is strictly follow every single rules of how things works. Everyone is trained and performed specific duty. The boss is very nice, always ready to answer your questions.
na
Wellness Center Help Desk (Former Employee) –  Fort Wayne, INJuly 18, 2017
This is a school where I worked. I really enjoyed the freedom and the experience that I learned. Really helped me to get ready for the real world. Great place to work.