Indian River Medical Center Employee Reviews

nice place to work
Environmental Services (Current Employee) –  Vero Beach, FLMay 19, 2019
great place to work everybody being so nice to work with, i can't complain. it's a gdeat adventure , the Doctor's very friendly to everyone what's a great place to start you future.
Nice environment
Patient Access Representative (Former Employee) –  Vero Beach, FLApril 9, 2019
Indian River was a nice place to work, staff was awesome and respectful. Help was always available when needed. My manager was also very helpful and will to address all concerns.
You want an opinion...
No longer working there (Former Employee) –  IRMCMarch 18, 2019
Slavery, learning little to build in a career, management is self-centered, hardest part is dealing with management., most enjoyable part... Getting away from there
Where I got most of my clinical experience
Practical Nursing Student (Former Employee) –  Vero Beach, FLMarch 11, 2019
I enjoyed assisting in patient care on the Medical Surgical floor, Telemetry, Labor and delivery and postpartum care. I was able to monitor patient vital signs, glucose levels, wound care and dressings, foley catheter insertion and care among many other skills. I enjoyed working in this environment more then any other clinical experience.
Nice Place to Work
Office Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Vero Beach, FLMarch 9, 2019
Great people. Nice place to work. Could be more updated but they are trying with what they had. Most of the people were excellent! Friendly and caring!
Security officer Team Leader Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Indian river medical centerFebruary 4, 2019
Enjoyed working at hospital. The management is great and the benefits as well. The hours were flexible and PTO is given too. I would recommend this job. There is room for advancement within the hospital.
Horrible
Medical Assistant/ Neurosurgery Scheduler (Former Employee) –  Vero Beach, FLDecember 17, 2018
This work experience was easily hands down one of the worse I have ever had. Management doesn't help with anything and when you go higher they pretty much laugh in your face and then you will be fired for pointing it out that they are flawed and are not doing their jobs.
Not good working enviornment in Cancer Center
Certified Medical Dosimetrist (Former Employee) –  Vero Beach, FLDecember 13, 2018
The supervisor was a not a good guy to work with. I wasn't told during the interview that 2 previous guys left the job in a short period otherwise I won’t accept the offer. Work is not a problem in this center but get along with colleagues is really hectic and stressful.
Pros
Good benifits
Cons
stressful, hectic
Indian River is a fun place to work.
Patient Experience Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Vero Beach, FLDecember 10, 2018
I loved working at Indian River Medical Center because of the staff.
They need to update the Information systems and find a system that interfaces with all departments. They also need to do assessments on all new hires to place them in the right job.
Pros
free parking
Cons
Poor management
Poor management
Respiratory Therapist (Former Employee) –  Vero Beach, FLDecember 3, 2018
Management lies, discriminates, does not protect staff and constantly threatens write ups. Promotes gossip and tattle tale atmosphere. Not professional. Very stressful, which is a shame because coworkers try to be team players.
Pros
Autonomy
Cons
Poor staffing and management
awesome
Pharmacy Technician (Current Employee) –  Vero Beach, FLNovember 28, 2018
nice place to work.
nice people.
flexible schedule .
I have been working at Indian River Medical Center/IRMC full-time (over a year already)
The people who work here are the most kind people I have ever met.
Great decision to partner with Cleveland Clinic! This will be great for the community and the employees.
Strong peer support
MANAGER, ENVIRONMENTAL SERVICES (Former Employee) –  Vero Beach, FLNovember 27, 2018
Open and welcome lines of communication. Everyone from the CEO down is approachable and accessible. Hard work is recognized and rewarded in time. Workplace culture can at times be tough, but usually it all comes together in the end. Challenging but rewarding place to work.
Pros
All levels of administration and management is approachable and accessible.
Cons
A bit set in the past with the way some matters are handled.
No comment
Department Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Vero Beach, FLNovember 17, 2018
I have a great boss. The area of the building I work in is so cold that I have been wearing "long johns" to work. Because of that I don't like working more than 4 hours a day.
Cons
Freezing Cold
Great opportunity to serve the community
Director of Facility Services (Former Employee) –  Vero Beach, FLNovember 15, 2018
I enjoyed my time at IRMC and had an opportunity to work both in the facility and also with local and regional teams to plan and prepare for disaster response needs.

As the Director I had the oversite of many outstanding people. One who took over my place when I left. I felt it was one of my highest priorities to develop the staff and plan for the future.
Pros
Great autonomty to make decisions and implement ideas
Cons
Became political
Emergency Medicine Physician (Current Employee) –  Vero Beach, FLOctober 30, 2018
I enjoy working at Indian River Medical Center particularly because of the amazing work ethics of the nursing and other ancillary staff. It's truly exemplify the true meaning of team work.
Horrible place to work and weak Nursing Union. No raises for Nurses for years!
Registered Nurse (RN) (Former Employee) –  Vero Beach, FLOctober 25, 2018
Horrible place to work! In my work I had to monitor patients and half the time the monitors are not working! It was a unsafe environment not only for the worker's but the patients as well.
positive place to work
ARNP OB/GYN (Current Employee) –  Vero Beach, FLOctober 24, 2018
no complaints, great place to work. good facilities. happy employees. team work environment. lots of work meetings, 1-2 times per week. structured patient care and schedules.
Enjoy working at IRMC!
Speech Language Pathologist (Current Employee) –  Vero Beach, FLSeptember 29, 2018
IRMC provides great care to patients and has a patient first approach. Love working in my department and the friendly feel of all the employers. I truly enjoy my job and the people I work with.
Low pay if you are not in a licensed position and very hard to move into a full time position
Patiient Services (Current Employee) –  Vero Beach, FLSeptember 18, 2018
The pay leaves a lot to be desired if you are not a nurse or physician or in a licensed position. Very hard to advance into a full time position. The staff can be very clicky.
Pros
nice people
Cons
Pay is below average if you are not in a licensed position
good job
Certified Nursing Assistant (CNA) (Current Employee) –  Vero Beach, FLAugust 21, 2018
It is a good job however they don't really hire within unless you are a nurse. if you are in a different occupation and try to advance they are not hiring for the positions or try to help you out