Indiana Hand to Shoulder Center Employee Reviews

3.0Pay & Benefits
Great Place
Plastic Surgeon (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INSeptember 21, 2019
I would recommend employment here, it is a well run institution that respects its employees. They like to promote from within and are very supportive.
Small group, large effect
Travel RN- Current Contract (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INJanuary 26, 2018
This is a small, world renown surgery center. The cases range from simple to moderately complex considering it is an outpatient center. Being self motivated and able to enjoy one's role as a periperative nurse is key. The patients are typically awake and interact with the staff. It is a unique gem of a place to work! Unfortunately the parent company does not compensate accordingly to area pay or I would have given up my travel contract to stay perm.
Pros
Small, rely on good teamwork and communication skills
Cons
Pay
Has good potential but management is tough at times
Certified Surgical Technologist (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INJanuary 28, 2017
I love the people I work with but the turn over rate is HORRIBLE! Teamwork and communication are really bad and could use a lot of help. When these things are fixed, I believe this place will be unmatched! Days can be extremely fast paced to really slow from one day to the next. No PCTs to assist in turnover.
Company was nothing more than a popularity contest with terrible management and pay
Former employee (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INNovember 21, 2016
If you are not a veteran employee, you won't be treated fairly. Management is utterly worthless and plays both sides of the fence when problems are brought to their attention.
Pros
Two 15 minute breaks a day
Cons
Management had no authority over their employees and employees did pretty much whatever they wanted
My review of IHTSC
Purchasing Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INMay 25, 2015
My typical day involved interacting with a vast majority of the employees at IHTSC. I ordered supplies for all of the departments at one time or another during my employment. Changes in the practice has changed the number of departments that I currently purchase for. I have learned quite a lot on how to act in a professional environment. Most of my previous experience was in either warehouse or retail type environments. This was the first time that I was in an office environment. I had never been in a purchasing role, nor in the healthcare field. I have tremendous coworkers. The vast majority of the workers work very hard and take their jobs very seriously. The toughest part of my job is knowing that there is no advancement opportunities. I have worked very hard, had impressive attendance, and earned an advanced degree in my time at the practice. None of this has gotten me any advancement. If fact, because of these things my job is being eliminated.
Pros
Small practice, good coworkers
Cons
no advancement opportunities, Director of operations and HR manager is same person (nobody to take problems to)
Specialty orthopedic clinic-average pay and fair benefits.
Radiologic Technologist (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INMay 10, 2012
A typical day involved specialty orthopedic imaging of the upper extremity. I learned a great deal about imaging of small jts. of the upper extremity. Management was not very supportive of x-ray and knew nothing of how to lead an effective radiology dept. I enjoyed my coworkers as most were knowledgable and had a good sense of humor. The most enjoyable part of the job was that the majority of pts. were ambulatory and, I was able to develop my skills at specialty orthopedic imaging.
Pros
monday-friday schedule and off on the holidays.
Cons
ineffective management and administration.